Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Chapter 14 Pay Bruno Back

still no

just got to objective pay bruno after doing only cars... and it still wont let me...

Unhappy

Hi im on 360 and im having the loading problem aswell and have sat for an hour and nothing is happening at all i hope 2K get to resolve this problem.

i've done it now, had to completely restart stairway to heaven... and without spoiling it.. THE ENDING IS ****!!!! and once the games done you cant do anything else, part from re-do mission... and no online... I'm returning it...

Same Problem here!!

Are ya'll playing the game through Steam?

My problem is that I cant actually do any car missions, Bruce tells me he has nothing for me. So what do I do now, I cant stick up stores or crush cars and Im stuck at Brunos door what the hell!!!????

Quote Originally Posted by Joshne View Post
    Bruce tells me he has nothing for me. So what do I do now,
    You don't need to speak to Brucie, just take the cars and drive them into the compactor and squash them.

You get money for each car.

The game actually showed you that just before this Chapter, I guess you missed it?

Bruno

Quote Originally Posted by deathsxdeeler View Post
    im on 360 as well... i cant give money to bruno.. stood outside back door... but nothing.. tried goin to one side of city and back.. tried changing clothes and etc, you cant go to sleep and try gain in morning.. it wont let you... i really dont know what to do...
    I have the same problem on Australian Region, PS3.

*sigh* I'm getting the same issue, perpetual loading screen with ambient noise after paying bruno back on pc version.

this is absolutely ridiculous

bruno chapter 14

Quote Originally Posted by jordheck View Post
    I have the same problem on Australian Region, PS3.
    i have that problem and stuck now. you can't pay your debt back, have 55650 cash and can't pay bruno, his door is not highlighted and you cant enter his place, what to do? any ideas?

I've got the same problem, I have $55,409 but the door doesn't glow...

Anyone have any solutions? I've retried the section from the last auto save about 3 or 4 times now thinking it was me but after watching a YouTube video of the walkthrough I've done everything right.

PC Version BTW
    Last edited by GregMega; 08-28-2010 at 03:35 PM. Reason: Added PC Version BTW

You need like 57000

Im stuck on the stupid mona lisa door.
    Flashes like you should open it you try and it goes dull looking and cant open :@
    Ive restarted the game, my pc and verified integrity.
    Nothing works!!

i'm really starting to get pissed off with this. How does something like this slip beta testing on so many platforms? I'm gonna try redoing it and crushing atleast one car (since this playthrough i just held up stores)

Quote Originally Posted by Almostgfx View Post
    You need like 57000
    I crushed like 6 or 7 cars and had around 58000 and the door still wouldn't let me in.. I've just rebooted so I'll give it another go...

same here, crushed cars till i hit 57000 and nothing happened. stuck again.

And i'll be damned if they expect me to fight through that construction yard on hard difficulty whilst enemies can still shoot me through cover.

I tried spending some money on some cars and dropping below what was needed and then crushing some cars and still no go! - I've about had enough, hopefully there will be some sort of patch available sooner rather than later.

Alright i've got a fix (of sorts) but your not going to like it.

I think the bug comes from having to replay the mission. Did any of you have to restart from after taking Joe to the doctor? Since i replayed the chapter (yes, including that retarded fight with Derek and the construction yard) and this time slammed on speed limiter and took it REAL slow to get to the delivery point without any problems.

The only different between the 2 playthroughs is that the one i died on the way to Bruno and the other i didn't. The one where i didn't continued the game for me.

I'm pretty sure I didn't die in between the Doctor and Bruno but I could be wrong I have been using trying to located the wanted posters.

It's late now but if there is no other solution I will restart the mission and keep your idea in mind tomorrow.

Thumbs down

I am stuck here aswell, i got the right amount of money by robbing stores but still stuck.
    Tried only to do the crush cars thing still stuck
    I play on ps3 (used redeem code for betrayal of jimmy).
    I wonder how you can release a game with such a big fault in it
    I pre ordered this game had to pay big money and i get a faulty game

Quote Originally Posted by kingfade View Post
    im plain on the ps3 and after the cut-scene with bruno it goes to the loading cutscene as usual but then it is like it if it is frozen but not frozen like i hear music n background sound and etc. but it wont go back into playing mode it stay continuously on the loading screen for hours and i just got the game lastnite ..... what can i do to stop the freeze so i can continue playing and beat the game ??!! i tried restarting the game and turnin off my system and do that level over again and yet it still freezes on the loading screen no matter how much i try to fix it or restart it and i even started a new game to see if it will work and it stillwont every time after i pay bruno on the loading cutscreen after done paying bruno it STILL freezes but i still hear background sounds and etc. wtf! help HELP and im guessing this is the same probe for every1 it seems idk now im starting to think the company testers are getting lazy with their work and just letting problems with the game go ahead like it nothing ....any help for this how can i go on with the game to finish it.....!?
    There is some info that helps get through it here:
    http://shootersonly.com/xbox/mafia-2...karound-found/

Helped me get through it. Hope that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by GregMega View Post
    I've got the same problem, I have $55,409 but the door doesn't glow...

Anyone have any solutions? I've retried the section from the last auto save about 3 or 4 times now thinking it was me but after watching a YouTube video of the walkthrough I've done everything right.

PC Version BTW
    Restarting the chapter worked for me. I went nuts just perpetually retrying the section. If you start the chapter over completely and only crush cars, it should work.

Quote Originally Posted by DrCalgori View Post
    same here, crushed cars till i hit 57000 and nothing happened. stuck again.

And i'll be damned if they expect me to fight through that construction yard on hard difficulty whilst enemies can still shoot me through cover.
    Are you sure you're actually being shot through cover? Depending on your settings, you can be being hit by the fire from the molotov, while in cover. Hiding out under the stairs by the office there's a steel beam you can use for cover to mop up the few guys on the floor and the two up top before trying to get some pop shots off on the fat *******'s head.

I have thought of several solutions such as

Becoming wanted and then using the phone booth near Bruno's place to decrease money until I get below what is needed. After I tried this I get the objective "Earn $55,000 for Bruno" and when I go to the door I can talk to the man behind it, but even after getting the money back and returning, no such luck- still glitched.

I am very much guessing we will have to wait for a damn patch.

For some weird reason i couldnt pass this mission before but i passed it few minutes ago.
    Crush cars till you have all the money needed and visit Bruno.

PC-Chapter 14 loading solved!

If you have endless loading screen after paying Bruno on chapter 14 this is the solution:
    Re-start chapter 14.
    Do all the objectives including killing Derek.
    After doing so you need to collect all the money.DO NOT ROB THE STORES.
    Do 4 car crushing for Bruski so you don't need to collect more money after saving Joe and you can go straight to Bruno after taking Joe to doctor.
    Then you can pass the loading.

Regards

I think my issue is a little different to the loading one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4jcAFhuoUs

Smile Cain & Abel Glitch

Hey guys, I've just solved the whole thing,

Robbing shops is the most easier of bringing in the cash, do this and when you turn up at the Mona Lisa, your find that the restuarant will be open and you will go no further, and considering that wiseguys did no harm to shopkeepers and thier shops beacuse this would bring bad juju to the Neighbourhood via Police, and back then the older mafiaso's were pillars of the community and well respected in the neighbourhood.

(Aka Cain, Doing The Wrong Thing)

But get out and steal cars to be crushed at the Salvage Yard then you earn a crust, legitimately and then when you arrive at the Mona Lisa, you will find that they have closed the resturant early as they expect your arrival

(Aka Abel, Doing The Right Thing)

Your Have No Problems From Here On, if you to the latter
    Last edited by Don Raymondo Francese; 08-30-2010 at 02:13 AM. Reason: minor spell check

Quote Originally Posted by Don Raymondo Francese View Post
    Hey guys, I've just solved the whole thing,

Robbing shops is the most easier of bringing in the cash, do this and when you turn up at the Mona Lisa, your find that the restuarant will be open and you will go no further, and considering that wiseguys did no harm to shopkeepers and thier shops beacuse this would bring bad juju to the Neighbourhood via Police, and back then the older mafiaso's were pillars of the community and well respected in the neighbourhood.

(Aka Cain, Doing The Wrong Thing)

But get out and steal cars to be crushed at the Salvage Yard then you earn a crust, legitimately and then when you arrive at the Mona Lisa, you will find that they have closed the resturant early as they expect your arrival

(Aka Abel, Doing The Right Thing)

Your Have No Problems From Here On, if you to the latter
    "Don Raymondo Francese" is right!!
    I restarted the Chapter 14 and DID NOT! rob any stores just crushed the cars and then later in the mission when I went to bruno's and Whaala!!! I went on to Chapter 15 with out the loading screen getting stuck!

Received this today from 2K Games

This issue is something we are aware of and are working on it now. This should be fixed quite soon.

Kind regards,
    Richard

Technical Support

Well it looks as though a patch has been released as it installed when I fired up Mafia II a minute ago but when I click Continue Story Mafia II crashes.

Edit: Just attempted to load from the start of chapter 14 and it still crashed!
    Last edited by GregMega; 09-04-2010 at 10:46 AM.

Talking

I'm Playing this on a Playstation and I too have the same problem with Bruno's door even after not robbing any stores....

....But i just had a thought....

Everytime I have played this mission through, I have used the Mademan Suit... Could this be why the Mission is freezing??

I'm about to test using only the leather jacket.

I'll post what happens

EDIT: I have not updated my version since the 27th as there has been no patch available to me...

EDIT 2:IT WORKED!!! Playing through Chapter 15 now.
    Last edited by Don-Al; 09-04-2010 at 09:14 PM.

this is pathetic! :| iv sat and read all you guys` posts from months and months ago, and here i am in a new decade with the same problems!! i was like damn i bet its just my game that would b my luck but its the game itself! i find this unbeleiveable that a glitch that litterally stops the progression of the game has not been fixed atall. but i did notice that a crazy amount of expensive dlc has been released AND that not one of the 2k team or anyone else affiliated with the company has posted on here to explain or at the very least appologise.
    this problem and the reaction eppitomises what is wrong with games development/aftercare thesedays all they are interested in i making money which in my opinion its a stupid policy to put out a game with terrible glitches and not even bother to fix them coz before this i have purchased a number of 2k games (mafia,bioshock etc.) but i will not be doing so again.
    your lack of professionalism is astounding and sickening.
    i hope your proud of this .
    stotty

stotty - have you attempted the solution to this problem at all?

What is the solution Ian? I've been trying to complete the game on hard difficulty and shouldn't have replay a very hard chapter because of incompetence on the developers part. Considering the game was released 8 months ago this should be fixed by now, I'm also glad I've yet to buy the dlc and won't if I don't find a fix soon.

Don't rob stores, crush cars
    Avoid police attention
    Get it up to about $40k if you can

This method has about a 99.99% success rate, as far as we can see.

After many unsuccessful tries at the door, I restarted the level 14. I made sure that I had plenty of money before I went to pay the debt. It finally worked, I hope this helps anyone who has had the same problems (P.S. I am also using a XBox 360).

Quote Originally Posted by Tech Ian View Post
    Don't rob stores, crush cars
    Avoid police attention
    Get it up to about $40k if you can

This method has about a 99.99% success rate, as far as we can see.

So...THIS is what 2k games tech support offers? I remember back in the days where developpers actually had beta testers to check for bugs before releasing a game. Then with internet they started relying on players to "test" the game and report the bugs before they would release patches to fix them... So now we are at the point where the companies don't even bother fixing bugs at all? Just finding workarounds that require us to restart a level and avoid doing certain actions??

I WANT MY MONEY BACK

and if I may add, I will not be buying any 2K games anymore, if that is the way you treat your customers

jhes i have the same problem friends it's like bruno don't wan't his money back or something i got PS3

Quote Originally Posted by GregMega View Post
    Received this today from 2K Games
    Almost a year later, and I'm laughing hard. I've just hit two of these glitches at Brunos place. 2K you've disappointed me big style. I've had to restart chapter 14 multiple times now. I'm attempting one last shot after seeing other peoples solutions (rather than relying on a patch that doesn't work - 360).

i made a vid of how to fix the chapter 14 'pay bruno back ' door bug just click this link It actually does work! just folo the steps! ---> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDVHT...layer_embedded

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast