Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Parts of the city disappear / car falls through void

i posted this already on another thread, but i see now this is a dedicated one to my problem...

After cleaning out the construction site, i have to go outside with joe, when i do this, each time i end up UNDER the game world in some sort of endless void. and as soon as i set a step i start falling even more.... Never had this before on a console. Can't continue the game this way...
    I have the ps3 version

Quote Originally Posted by kgoerz View Post
    I'm using the xbox360. Every time we go to dump the body with the two drunks the world disappears and you fall into a void. This sucks. $60.00 and I got only one hour of Game.
    Anyone know if XBOX Live will have a fix it patch.
    i have the same, but in the second last chapter, that endless void, and can't continue the game, because its right after a loading screen

falling/standing under the city after prison break

don't think ps3 has this option (vsync)

I keep fallin thru the floor

I have an xbox360 & I keep fallin thru the floor & into a a big pile of sky, nothing i've tried seems to work, I cant finish mission number 11 because of this, no matter which way I try to get to the train station as soon as I git over the bridge cars just disappear through the ground then I follow, HELP!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SyKo616 View Post
    I have an xbox360 & I keep fallin thru the floor & into a a big pile of sky, nothing i've tried seems to work, I cant finish mission number 11 because of this, no matter which way I try to get to the train station as soon as I git over the bridge cars just disappear through the ground then I follow, HELP!!!
    Firstly, go to System Settings > Memory, then on Hard-Drive hit Y for Device Options and then select Clear System Cache.

This may help.

R u sure this will work, im really enjoyin the game but this frustrating me.

Quote Originally Posted by SyKo616 View Post
    R u sure this will work, im really enjoyin the game but this frustrating me.
    It might not make a bit of difference, it might resolve the issue outright. Just give it a try - it won't remove any data other than automatic updates which will download next time.

Thanks but it didnt work, I'm slowly losing patience with it, Ive tried going a different route but it still didn't work, in fact i've tried walkin over the part & I still fell through the road even the other cars on the game are falling through, I tried clearing the cache on my hard drive & on my memory card, I even tried starting the game without the update but to no avail, it seems like everytime I try to go to dipton at the top of the map, any ideas, all ideas would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

No other way around it?

sorry bud, but as long as 2K doesn't move their behinds... i have been having similar problems in chapter 14, being trapped in a large pile of skybox, too. i had to replay that chapter 4 or 5 times, following insane instructions to avoid glitches and freezing. i have no solution for you, i'm very sorry... hopefully there's gonna be a patch that works soon, since the one that's out doesn't solve any of the problems.

Don't know where this should be posted, guy floating in mid air above the city.

Click for full.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

im driving on jimmys vandetta on xbox 360 and i fall through the highway wtf is this ☺☺☺☺

now i load last checkpoint the stupid red dot aint showin up.
    Last edited by rick2201; 09-24-2010 at 11:12 PM.

flying car xbox 360

i just bought this game and on first mission after leaving junk yard i got on highway and the car just falls through game cant go any farther in game is there a fix for xbox 360

Quote Originally Posted by mpilley22 View Post
    i just bought this game and on first mission after leaving junk yard i got on highway and the car just falls through game cant go any farther in game is there a fix for xbox 360
    RETURN IT!!!!THEN RENT IT you will be happy cuz you saved $60

Took disk out cleaned it didn have any other void problems, was happening to me on ps3 the void and city disapearing. cleaned the disk now havent had an issue yet.

CLEAN YOUR DISKS the smallest smudge will do that to the game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5Is0v5Mrbw

Getting same problem =] gonna clear system cache and see if that works, if not then i might re-download the DLC

Quote Originally Posted by JS92 View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5Is0v5Mrbw

Getting same problem =] gonna clear system cache and see if that works, if not then i might re-download the DLC
    Do the cache and clean the disk also. I do not think a re-download is needed.

20. Super Market

On the super market level in Joe's Adventures there is no floor at all once i go up the stairs... i can see where it stops... but i have to go through the room to continue the level... really annoying... Have cleared cache and re-downloaded many times with no luck... any ideas...

It's on the 360

Installing the original game to the HD, should you have the option, can improve performance as it is not constantly reading the disk.

22. Getting same problem =] gonna clear system cache and see if that works, if not then i might re-download the DLC
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech Ian View Post
    Do the cache and clean the disk also. I do not think a re-download is needed.
    I have re-installed the expansion and it has helped fix most of my problems... But it might not help in this particular situation

23. Still can't finish the supermarket level cause of the floor... and now i can't load the game at all because it saved during the supermarket level and can't load... help... i'm getting fed up with this bull****... i just want a patch... please

have the same problem. have cleaned the cd and nothing happens...I have the problem on chapter 8. have played other chapters and the road don't disappearing, only on chapter 8

This is off topic a little, but speaking of chapter 8 my grass disappears like the PS3 version when I play this level for some reason, still have blood puddles though. WIERD. (playing on Xbox 360)

Quote Originally Posted by Fat Derek View Post
    This is off topic a little, but speaking of chapter 8 my grass disappears like the PS3 version when I play this level for some reason, still have blood puddles though. WIERD. (playing on Xbox 360)
    If you clear the system cache and re-apply the update it should solve that. Did for me anyway

Cool same...

Hi
    i have an xbox 360 and i got mafia 2 about 3 days after it came out

on chapter 13 at a point in the game the car just falls into no where i found a way around this but as you get back into the car (after part of the mission) it dose the same iv been look to fix it or get it replaced but had no luck and from what iv herd they still haven't fixed it

dose anyone else have the same problem on chapter 13??

I just got xbox live and it doesn't do anything... :/

Cars falling through map... People fall through map... Car floats off into the sky sideways when city disappears! Game is brand new and we r on ps3 ... when r they gonna create a downloadable fix??? Frustrated!

Exclamation All Is Gone!!!

I Have no Idea but this is weird! [URL="http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198023421779/screenshot/558650899934351753/?tab=public"]

I have the problem on Xbox. When I go on a certain area, the car falls into an endless void with the character. It happens in The Story, Jimmy's Vendetta, and Joe's Adventures, the only DLCs I have. Also, a weird glitch wehn I try to start that carjacking mission in Joe's Adventures, the game freezes.

da stecke ich auch grade fest :X
    Quote Originally Posted by AfrikaKorps View Post
    Hi,

I have been playing this game for about 3 hours, but I am at a point where I cannot continue. The city area of Sand Island is buggy. There are no buildings, and the driving on the roads lead you to leaving the game area and falling through the world. Its like the area has no collision detection.

Configuration:
    Intel Core i7 920
    Asus P6T6 WS Revolution
    Sapphire 5870 1GB
    6GB RAM
    Windows 7 x64
    Catalyst™ Version 10.7
    Steam Version of Mafia II

I have attached a screenshot where you can see a truck falling through the world.

http://img227.imageshack.us/img227/7...reismycity.png

I am sorry that there seem to be problems with this fine game. it is not good to hear this. I have a serious bug in Chapter 7, it keeps freezing..I own the disk version and activated on Steam.

same problem here and I HATE IT! I can't go further than the beginning of the 2nd chapter! I'm playing it on XBOX. The bug happens when I meet the guy in his junkyard, then he asks to shoot the tires then gas tank of the car, then we drive to some place. So when I get close to that red icon on the map, it just falls through infinity. I tried to take different route, but still the same issue. And it's not only me, I noticed other cars that go to that region fall literally underground.

im using ps3 and its doing this on joes adventures even tho im 28% into the game now its unplayable

just deleted game data and redownloaded the packs and still doing this ☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺ dropping through the road. if this carrys on im going to trade and standards as ive got a game i payed good money for and its unplayable ffs.

These problems have been ongoing for an age and there still isn't a fix! I'd completed Mafia 2 and got all of the achievements. I then decided to download the two expansions, was happily playing through Joe's Adventures and got to the "Bet on That" mission; was following the bookie, but a Police roadblock was still in the road from the previous Supermarket mission. I read up and found out this was a glitch and to fix it you had to redo the Supermarket mission, off I go and do it. I finish the mission and after the cut scene at the end when you get control back I've spawned under the map. As it's the last checkpoint I can't reload anywhere else, I'm 70% complete on it and only have the mission related achievements left to earn and now I find out the only fix is to start a fresh game!! This is an absolute pain in the ass, I'm begrudged even starting Jimmy's Vendetta because of it. I'm using the Xbox 360!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12