Thread: Religion in civ 5?

Religion in civ 5?

So I really liked how religion was implemented in civ 4, being able to found and spread a religion lead to huge benefits through diplomacy and great people.

I haven't heard anything about it in civ 5? What is new, or is it the same system?

Also, how does religion play a roll in MP where it doesnt really effect diplomacy? I never played much MP in civ 4 so I don't really know.

No relgion. Do a search before making threads please.

aww bummer i thought it was good in civ 4 why did they remove it?

Quote Originally Posted by Akar View Post
    No religion. Do a search before making threads please.
    Exactly. There is no religion in Civ V. And do please research before making a thread like this. A quick search through various game reviews or jsut a quick look in the Civ V manual would have told you that religion was not included.

In addition, before making a thread please search the forum to check whether your question has been answered already (in this case it has). Several threads have been made that questioned whether religion was included in Civ V.

So for future reference please research before making a thread. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by McDaniels92 View Post
    aww bummer i thought it was good in civ 4 why did they remove it?
    They removed it, not necessarily because religion was bad, but because it made diplomacy too predictable. Diplomacy in Civ IV ultimately boiled down to "you do not have the same religion as I do, I will not negotiate." So because it made diplomacy too unpredictable and boring, they decided to get rid of it.

In addition, having every civ eventually end up Buddhist, Hindu, or Jewish was slightly annoying for me.

Quote Originally Posted by EnigmaCode View Post
    They removed it, not necessarily because religion was bad, but because it made diplomacy too predictable. Diplomacy in Civ IV ultimately boiled down to "you do not have the same religion as I do, I will not negotiate." So because it made diplomacy too unpredictable and boring, they decided to get rid of it.

In addition, having every civ eventually end up Buddhist, Hindu, or Jewish was slightly annoying for me.

But you felt really good when you got the world to be 40% islam

I'm definitely going to miss Civ4 style religion. The diplomacy problem could have been solved by tweaking the system rather than removing it entirely.

I'm really glad religion is gone. It tended to make diplomacy very one-dimensional, and made it lack depth

Your relationships with the other Civs, and your past dealings barely matter when compared with the little icon next to your name

Quote Originally Posted by Bascule View Post
    I'm definitely going to miss Civ4 style religion. The diplomacy problem could have been solved by tweaking the system rather than removing it entirely.
    I only liked religion for the cultural advantage. What I didn't like was the Aztecs telling you to convert to Christianity every other turn.

Quote Originally Posted by McDaniels92 View Post
    So I really liked how religion was implemented in civ 4, being able to found and spread a religion lead to huge benefits through diplomacy and great people.

I haven't heard anything about it in civ 5? What is new, or is it the same system?

Also, how does religion play a roll in MP where it doesnt really effect diplomacy? I never played much MP in civ 4 so I don't really know.
    There is absolutely no religion in Civilization 5.

Please read other threads before posting, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Akar View Post
    No relgion. Do a search before making threads please.
    Get over yourself. In the time it took you to post your negative shizza you could have planted a tree, or even answered his question in a nice way.

religion in civ IV/V

Religion in civ IV wasnt too predictable. and it was temporary and having a non-state religion govt. was a drag on your economy in late game turns. I do miss the religion option. religion was not just a footnote in history it was history the whole reason many many things were done for a couple thousand years. I thought they got religion right in civ
    iv....civ
    v gets a little dull after a while.

anyway looking for a religion mod one day.

Relgion is actually in this game's xml files. There is even evidence of a religious victory. It's probably infrastructure for the upcoming religion DLC soon.

Quote Originally Posted by ice2 View Post
    Relgion is actually in this game's xml files. There is even evidence of a religious victory. It's probably infrastructure for the upcoming religion DLC soon.
    Religion won't be coming. It was implemented in early development but was taken out due to problems with gameplay. As with most video games, there are many unused files and remnants of past ideas in the game's directory.

Religion's gone.
    Last edited by MoistPancake; 09-30-2010 at 10:03 AM.

Whats your email address so I can email you a screen print of this in a year when 2k is charging $1.99 per religion?

Quote Originally Posted by ice2 View Post
    Whats your email address so I can email you a screen print of this in a year when 2k is charging $1.99 per religion?
    Stop being hyperbolic. It's already been stated multiple times that it is not coming because it was a game breaking feature. 2K Greg even commented on the files just being leftovers. What you are seeing in the directory are the bones of past projects. Just like in many other titles you can find unused dialog, characters, and levels.

Now maybe a mod, but I'm 99% sure nothing official.
    Last edited by MoistPancake; 09-30-2010 at 10:08 AM.