Thread: Is there any way to counter nukes/missiles?

Is there any way to counter nukes/missiles?

I didn't notice any kind of defensive building, is there a way to counter them, or do you just have to take it?

By counter I mean shoot it down or something. Civilization Revolution had the SDI Defense but sadly it was useless since it came so late in the game, and only one nuke could be fired anyway.

Don't remember what Civ IV had.

SDI in 4 too or something like that right? believe it were a 75% risk it would be destroyed, and yea risk, i were always the one lauching them. on a side note, i found nukes to be effective against nukes. ^^

Mod them out.

Nukes are pretty much victory condition #5. I won't ever play with them other than to see the pretty fireworks every once in awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowXOR View Post
    I didn't notice any kind of defensive building, is there a way to counter them, or do you just have to take it?
    You can intercept Nuclear Bombs. They are modeled as bombers which must fly in to deliver the bomb and are thus susceptible to fighter and ground anti-air interception, however, they have a bonus to avoid interception.

With nuclear missiles, I seem to remember that you just have to take it. Considering that this is still pretty much the case today, it's not all that unrealistic. Perhaps something like SDI will show up in the future. Look for it in an expansion, perhaps, once people figure out just what the balance is on nukes.