Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Pact of Cooperation?

  1. #1

    Pact of Cooperation?

    I've got Catherine and Bismark asking me for pacts of cooperation, but I can not find any reference to it in the Civlopedia. I do not have writing so they cant be talking about open borders, I don't have chivalry so its not a deffensive pact, and no philosophy so its not a research pact. Any ideas what the "Pact of Cooperation" is?

  2. #2
    Yes, I tried looking in the civlopedia too, and it appears that they forgot to add the information in there about the pact of cooperation, where as they did manage to add in the pact of defense.

    Anyway, what I did was to open up the diplomacy screen with somebody I'd already met and then run my mouse over that option and I believe that is where I saw a brief tooltip about what it does.

    Hope that helps, since I don't recall what it does since I only saw the tooltip once.

  3. #3
    It was explained by Greg as being something along the lines of being a simple agreement between two nations to help each other towards prosperity. Seems like you can more or less tell the AI that "hey we should work together against everyone else". Or something like that.
    (Hope Greg doesnt come along and scold me for misquoting )

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by kill-9 View Post
    I've got Catherine and Bismark asking me for pacts of cooperation, but I can not find any reference to it in the Civlopedia. I do not have writing so they cant be talking about open borders, I don't have chivalry so its not a deffensive pact, and no philosophy so its not a research pact. Any ideas what the "Pact of Cooperation" is?
    Pact of cooperation is for tech research, it lasts 30 turns and you both get a random free tech at the end of it although on the easier levels I believe you get to choose your tech. Also, it can be ruined with war etc and you don't get your money back!

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcAntiny View Post
    Pact of cooperation is for tech research, it lasts 30 turns and you both get a random free tech at the end of it although on the easier levels I believe you get to choose your tech. Also, it can be ruined with war etc and you don't get your money back!
    The research pact doesn't become available until philosophy.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by City Builder View Post
    Yes, I tried looking in the civlopedia too, and it appears that they forgot to add the information in there about the pact of cooperation, where as they did manage to add in the pact of defense.

    Anyway, what I did was to open up the diplomacy screen with somebody I'd already met and then run my mouse over that option and I believe that is where I saw a brief tooltip about what it does.

    Hope that helps, since I don't recall what it does since I only saw the tooltip once.
    Thanks, I'll check out the diplomacy screen

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    11
    From what i can find from the demo it gives you a relation boost with the civ, probebly gets higher as time goes.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    102
    I just got offered a Pact of Cooperation as well, no info in the tooltip, no advisor info, no mention at all in the manual. I accepted the 'Pact'. Then I went into my diplomacy screens to see if it was listed - there is ZERO mention that this pact exists in the diplomacy screen. This is odd.

    If it is just an exchange of niceities maybe it shouldn't be called a 'Pact' but instead just say Ghandi smiles at you from across the room.

    EDIT - Found it mentioned in the third tab of the Diplomacy overview page. Still doesn't say what it means though. Incidentally I just had a leader insult me and I had two options - looked like either to insult her back or let it go - but no indication of what this means or its effect.
    Last edited by Oddible; 09-21-2010 at 02:59 AM.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    650
    A Pact of Cooperation will get you better deals with that AI player provided that you reciprocate. It's an option meant to foster a positive relationship. Likewise, a Pact of Secrecy (where the AI asks you to work against another Civ) will also build a better relationship, provided you actually follow through, and do not cooporate with the target Civ.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Oddible View Post
    Incidentally I just had a leader insult me and I had two options - looked like either to insult her back or let it go - but no indication of what this means or its effect.


    Same here, I just let it go, not knowing the consequences of my actions. It appears there are a few places where the consequences of my actions will not be known or explained to me in tool tips. Perhaps it is a bug and somebody left out some tooltips.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    19
    Quote Originally Posted by City Builder View Post
    Same here, I just let it go, not knowing the consequences of my actions. It appears there are a few places where the consequences of my actions will not be known or explained to me in tool tips. Perhaps it is a bug and somebody left out some tooltips.
    In the Strategy Guide (yes, I got one for desperation of anything Civ V related), it says "Pacts of Cooperation help your nation grow closer to AI players. These are sometimes offered by nations that meet your and wnat to get along. You can offer them as well. ONly turn down one of these if you're worried that other nations will get upset that you're getting closer to one of their bitter rivals. Otherwise, there is no downside here."

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    102
    Silly me, I had thought the info I needed to play would be in the manual that came with the game not requiring me to purchase a separate strategy guide.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by dk1421 View Post
    ONly turn down one of these if you're worried that other nations will get upset that you're getting closer to one of their bitter rivals. Otherwise, there is no downside here."
    And there in lies one of the problems with the game, when they bring me into that full diplomacy screen and my only choice is to accept or refuse but I can't see what the other nations are feeling towards the nation offering me the pact. So it's a blind mans guessing game at this point whether to accept or not since we can't see any other information when on the full screen diplomacy screens. I apologize to those that have read my other threads about this full screen diplomacy screen and lack of information before, it is unfortunately that one thing in civ 5 that is sticking in my gullet.

    So much for making the information more accessible in Civ V. I sincerely hope they enhance Civ V in a forthcoming patch to give more information so I don't have to just blindly accept or refuse based on my own brain farts.
    Last edited by City Builder; 09-21-2010 at 03:51 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •