Thread: Game runs SLOW!

Game runs SLOW!

I am having fun playing the game but it is running too slow.

Here is my system:

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit

Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) X4 630 Processor 2.80GHz

RAM: 4.00GB

Video: NVIDIA GeForce GT 240 512mb

DX 11

I have plenty of HD space and nothing else is running yet the game is choppy and slow. I reset the graphics to their lowest settings and it helps but the game looks terrible.

Is this card incompatable with the game? Should I buy a GeForce NVIDA 9800?

Thank you for your help I love the game!

Quote Originally Posted by mjm800 View Post
    I am having fun playing the game but it is running too slow.

Here is my system:

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit

Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) X4 630 Processor 2.80GHz

RAM: 4.00GB

Video: NVIDIA GeForce GT 240 512mb

DX 11

I have plenty of HD space and nothing else is running yet the game is choppy and slow. I reset the graphics to their lowest settings and it helps but the game looks terrible.

Is this card incompatable with the game? Should I buy a GeForce NVIDA 9800?

Thank you for your help I love the game!
    Either clean reinstall your nvidia drivers or clean install the latest Nvidia Beta drivers for your video card. Then reinstall DX11 if that doesn't resolve it on its own.

Let us know what happens

Quote Originally Posted by chris41336 View Post
    Either clean reinstall your nvidia drivers or clean install the latest Nvidia Beta drivers for your video card. Then reinstall DX11 if that doesn't resolve it on its own.

Let us know what happens
    Thank you for your prompt reply.

I did as you instructed and I did notice a big difference in the play. A lot less choppiness and the speed was greatly improved. I used the games default video settings.

However, I am still not 100% happy with the performance of this card. I just bought so I can take it back and get an GeForce 9800 if that will fix things for good I would rather do that.

Any sugesstions?

Could you please post your DXDIAG and we can take a look? Just the first few sections down through video will work.

And on a side note, outside of the 210, this is one of the weaker cards in the 200 series. You can see a good comparison here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compari...ocessing_units

Do a "find" for your card to see how it stacks up.

Quote Originally Posted by bigden View Post
    Could you please post your DXDIAG and we can take a look? Just the first few sections down through video will work.
    I lowered the video settings with the new drivers and it is gretly improved but the game does not look as good. I would rather use the default settings and have the game look and run as it should. Since my current card is a weaker card I'll take it back and get a 9800 it's only 30-40 more bucks to spend for a way better card.

Here is a shot of my DXDIAG:

Last edited by mjm800; 09-24-2010 at 01:56 AM.