Thread: No Mods for Multiplayer ??

No Mods for Multiplayer ??

I just noticed that there is no possibility to play mods in Multiplayer.
    I can not even play that simple earth map mod in Multiplayer...

Is this something that will come in a patch very soon ? I realy hope so... since Civ is a MP Game... and Mods without MP would be pointless imo.

Or did i simply miss an option ?

We wont buy a second Civ if we cannt even play Mods in MP. Before it released you guys said that civ5 will be the best civ for modding and now we cant even play mods in MP ? After so long waiting for the game... it would be a kick in our fan heart.

atm me and my friends are realy pissed.

MP is in very very very bad shape in this game atm....

Im absolutley on your side Im that pissed of.
    Im thinking of the E3 Trailer:

SID MEIERS where is the CIV 5 you promissed?????
    Modding community etc. modding without sharing it and playing the mods with freinds all over the world makes no sense.
    And CIV is a MP game!!!!!!

You put all the options out of CIV5 that makes CIV4 the best strategy MP Game ever

Get it fixed guys and quickly at the moment it is not worse the money!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Brix View Post
    Im absolutley on your side Im that pissed of.
    Im thinking of the E3 Trailer:

SID MEIERS where is the CIV 5 you promissed?????
    Modding community etc. modding without sharing it and playing the mods with freinds all over the world makes no sense.
    And CIV is a MP game!!!!!!

You put all the options out of CIV5 that makes CIV4 the best strategy MP Game ever

Get it fixed guys and quickly at the moment it is not worse the money!!!
    This gut ☺☺☺☺ing gets it! I agree 100 %, not being able to play the best map in the game (earth map) is to ☺☺☺☺ing lazy by 2k or firaxis. Civ 4 had 10 times more possibilities and choices, civ 5 is: 10 maps multiplayer, and 8 of them sucks. nice!

I can only agree with all above posts. TBH im only checking in once and a while because there is still a glimps of hope to see a patch that will fix this game multiplayer. Im also getting sick of all the fanboys on this forum spamming every negative thread how good this game is.

2k completely ☺☺☺☺ed up in my eyes and pushed many fans over the edge of frustration allready. They will never see a nother cent from me till they fix what they promised allready AGES ago.

On top of that, lack of patches, no communication and no excuses made to community = FAIL COMPANY

Seriously what were you people thinking? This is 2011(10) and you released a multiplayer game with no way to play new maps? I mean even the map packs that can be purchased from you - what's the point? They don't work in multiplayer and I could make the map just as easily in world builder which you released for free? Was someone on the design team fresh out of high school?

Fix this multiplayer or your going to have alot of people jumping ship before Civ6. I can tell you personally that if we don't get AT THE LEAST a way to play new maps with friends online (and preferably animations, but we won't go there in this thread) in civ 5 before you drop civ 6, this postee and his group of friends will NOT be buying your new game.

The purchase of a game is an investment into a company for not only an IP but also an unwritten agreement that said company will do their best to patch and fix the errors of said IP. So why waste money on a 50/50 chance, since clearly we've been shown support for problems is a minimum. What happens when Civ 6 is an even bigger flop? No patches?

Show the community you care by fixing a game so many people felt was wrong you have petitions springing up and then I'll buy other games in the future.

+1 for all the above.

mp in civ 5 simply sucks, no earth map, no mods, cant finish games, no animations, no mp ai interaction,

loved all the other civs, even with the oss error in 4, still managed to have fun. This one, just sits unused...

yeah it looks like they actively removed the option to play the earth map in MP.
    you could play it MP in patch 1.0.
    my first MP game was on a tiny earth map.

Quote Originally Posted by Knut Are Mykland View Post
    yeah it looks like they actively removed the option to play the earth map in MP.
    you could play it MP in patch 1.0.
    my first MP game was on a tiny earth map.
    We have never been able to play mods or custom maps(world builder) in MP, hopefully they will continue to have MP patches, we had a small one already, so I'm hoping that means they are working on the bigger MP bugs and features that are missing.

CS

not mods or custom maps no. but earth map used to be one of the normal maps you could play.
    my first MP game was on tiny earth map vs 2 noobs. one played america, and the other played greece.
    i played france.
    So you could play earth map online in patch 1.0.

Give us Multiplayer Mod Support

Give us multiplayer mod support. Seriously. It's been months and months now.

What's the point? I'd say about 99% of players that were interested in this game for multi-player have moved on to other games by now. It's really a shame how badly they screwed this up.

The biggest firaxis' mistake. Looks like a mockery. still playing civ4 with ROM-AND.

A year has passed since i've played civ5 last time and no changes for the moment. what that guys thinking about i'm curious?

I check about once every six months to see if they improved multiplayer and allow mp mods. What a waste of money this game was. I feel like they owe me an apology for this mp disaster.

The way 2K Games has treated customers on issues like this and some of their other games I have has made me decide not to buy their games anymore. My friends too are sick of it. Same for Firaxis games.

17. Question mod builder have the option why main game not?

But why if in the mod builder you have a option to specify if a mod can be played in multiplayer or not, it can't be played in mp? Maybe is it a bug?

Post Agreed

Has there been no update on this in the last two years?
    I just finished a game with a bunch of friends, and now i find out there's no way to do a multiplayer game on the earth map? And there's no way to use the mod to make a new multiplayer map?
    Hello? Support? This seems like a pretty serious issue. I'm starting to get fed up with companies releasing ☺☺☺☺ unfinished and not supporting it so people are forced to buy the next version which may or may not include AT LEAST what was in the previous version.

I also want to know... My big question is why mods wasnt allowed in the first place?

Quote Originally Posted by Gomer_Pyle View Post
    I also want to know... My big question is why mods wasnt allowed in the first place?
    Probably because they didn't know how to code it. MP had so many problems at launch. It didn't even let you save games outside using an auto-save. Then shortly after release they were advertising to higher a head MP coder, a position that probably wasn't filled till they started on the expansion.
    Last edited by istry555; 07-09-2012 at 09:54 AM.

Nearly 2 years on and this is still an issue. Shame on you. It's completely unacceptable.
    I've bought and played EVERY Civ game so far. (from civ 1 upwards, including alpha centuri and all expansions).
    I have just bought gods and kings (more fool me). - Hoping for some decent multiplayer support. Not the case.
    I wont be purchasing another civ game from this point on. Think I'll find a different 4x franchise where the dev's are actually competent.