Thread: Need help, Mafia 2 NVIDEA PhysX problem????

Need help, Mafia 2 NVIDEA PhysX problem????

I go to play Mafia 2 and a pop up stating ' Physx SDK not initialized. PhysX system software will be installed.'

I press the okay in the box and another box appears stating 'Please wait while windows configures NVIDEA PhysX.'

And that's all she wrote, nothing else happens. The most puzzling thing is that stream says that I have played the game! Go figure, buy a game, install it and nothing. So if someone can help it would help. My PC Specs are that I am running 2 NVIDEA GForce 9500 GT Graphic cards (running 3 monitors), Itel i7 2.8 Processor, 4Gb RAM, and a Sabertooth 55i Motherboard.

Any and all help would be appreciated.

You're running 3 monitors from 2 9500GT's? Good luck with that.

Anyway, uninstall PhysX, download and install the latest nvidia driver.

I'm not great with nvidia, but I'm pretty sure their driver already has the PhysX software.

Thanks for that. I did install the latest NVIDEA Driver, but I didn't uninstall the PhysX software, so I'll give it a go and let you know what happens. Cheers

p.s running 3 monitors with 2 x 9500 GT graphics cards works great, never had a problem.
    Last edited by sidar_001; 09-29-2010 at 06:07 AM.

Smile

The advice of removing the NVIDEA PhysX and then installing the latest NVIDEA Driver again did the Job.

So problem fixed and my many thanks, the games great!!!!!!!!!!

You're welcome, have fun.