Thread: Never Ending Peace Treaty - Circumvent?

Never Ending Peace Treaty - Circumvent?

So it was not fixed with the last patch and it destroys every single game I played so far. It is a majyor issue and should have been fixed right away and eventough I love CIV 5, this one bug basically makes the game unplayable.

Here come a few question on how to prevent, or work with it.

1. Does anyone know when exactly this happens? is there a specific case, because it does not happen with every peace treaty.

2. Can the AI nation you have the never ending peace treaty with, actually declare war on you, or is the opponent as well stuck in it? This way at least I know if I do not have to guard my borders and can concnetrate somewhere else.

3. I read that you can start a war once more if deploying nukes...is this confirmed?

Thanks All!

I only bumb this up because it's already on page 3 and was posted several hours ago. It would be great if anyone can still give me some insights on the above.

Thanks!

It has happen to me a few times. Yes and no, they can attack you, but it does not seem to click off the war flag. You do the pact of corporation, in which there is no way to stop it. After a certain point lets say 1000 years later, the game will just randomly attack you. It will be a strong attack. On the higher levels they will take one or two of your cities.

When you move troops to take your cities back, the war flag does not actually change, most times. You actually have to take back on of your own cities, then you will get the civ in question pop up saying now dare you attack him with a peace treaty?!?!?!!?!?

If you take back your cities, and kick his/her butt out, they may or may not go back to the way they where before, but on the higher levels the rest of the world will attack you now, for breaking the treaty.

The original attacker may or may not actually help you in defending your cities against the people attacking you.

It has not happen less then prince, but i do not play much under the level of prince.

I have a game where this happened against the french and the aztecs..basically when they beg me for peace, and I accept the peace treaty will end in 10 turns like it's supposed to. If I offer peace though, I get the never-ending peace treaty. This really is a game breaking bug and needs to be fixed.

I accepted peace and now get the 'peace treaty has expired' message every turn...

Say no to peace? lol but to be honest I never had this happen because I dont except peace. If they declared war on me, then war they shall get. Their woman and children will not be spared

So to get this straight, it only happens if the player 'you' offers peace, not if an AI player offers it and you accept?