Thread: Disable Steam Pop Up Ads

Disable Steam Pop Up Ads

How do I disable Steam ads from popping up?

What do you mean by steam ads? If you don't want steam popping up at all ingame:

- Right click the Steam icon in your taskbar
    - Select Settings
    - Go to the In-Game tab in the popup
    - Uncheck "Enable Steam Community in-game"

Quote Originally Posted by Kurso View Post
    How do I disable Steam ads from popping up?
    If you mean notifications for new games, sales etc. go to file-settings-interface-declick 'notify me' at the bottom.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel44 View Post
    If you mean notifications for new games, sales etc. go to file-settings-interface-declick 'notify me' at the bottom.
    Thanks...was getting tired of getting spammed with those ads and was just looking for a way to crush them.

Actually, I used to be a Steam hater, finally started to come around even though I hate having to log on to play games and hate the cheeseball way steam installs games, but after they refused to refund me $10 for a game that didn't work, I'm done with ever buying a game from them again and am back to hating them. Overall, I think Steam sucks - just another 3rd party leech sucking money out of the game creation process.

Just for the record, Steam doesn't put ads in games. It has an overlay that lets you send messages to people and sends you optional updates. The whole thing can be disabled like people have said, but they are not advertisements.