Thread: [Installation Issues]"Not Enough Disk Space"

Exclamation [Installation Issues]"Not Enough Disk Space"

Alright I bought the game on DVD today. I installed Steam from the DVD, created a Steam account, registered my game and proceeded to installing the actual game files, but encountered an issue with the installation: Steam failed to recognize any available disk space. Basically the installer is saying "Disk space required 4254 MB; Disk space available 0 MB" and as I attempt to proceed it tells me that I do not have enough disk space available and should free up some space before continuing. I am running Windows XP sp3 and according to my system information I have around 254 GB of space available in the Steam installation directory.

I have found a person with a similar situation with other games at Steam forums http://forums.steampowered.com/forum....php?t=1453671 but am unable to reply there as my Steam forums account is currently awaiting moderator confirmation. His cries for help have also gone unanswered at this time.

The reasons I am posting this here is even though this is a Steam issue is because Steam has not approved my forum account at this time and given that I do not use Steam for any other purposes than attempting to play Civ, it is severely hampering me from enjoying _your_ end product.

Has anyone else encountered this problem and is there any way to counter this? I will be happy to provide additional information should it be required.
    -Cheers

Have you emailed customer support? This is a new issue to me, and definitely something client related.

I had this problem the 1st I installed steam almost 2 years ago.

download from steam site (don't use the disc version).
    make sure you install steam at the correct HD.

i took steam to help me almost a 6-7 days ...
    Last edited by lt mor; 10-01-2010 at 12:55 AM.

I have now contacted both T2 european technical support and left an open ticket in Steam support.

Next I shall try deleting my Steam client and DL from their site. Thanks for the tip, lt mor.

Thumbs up

It worked!

Thank you so very, very much!

all the best