Modding talk thread #2
The 1st modding thread closed, so im starting an new one.
Why are closed the 1st modding thread?
Originally Posted by b2ball6playa
Yeah, it's funny because I actually noticed that the first thread was closed last night when I wanted to post in it, so thanks for starting a new one!
Well, let's not get this off-topic right at the start. Regardless of why it was closed (I have no idea), hopefully we can continue to talk about modding in this second modding thread.
Originally Posted by Florence Savier
I did try the main mod that's out there for checkpoint loading but I found that it's very buggy. It would have been kind of helpful I guess if I had bothered to try it a week ago, but now I guess I don't really need it anymore, especially considering how buggy it is.
I really wish this feature was included in the game in the first place. I very much hope that the developers will choose to unlock and/or polish this feature for a future update to the game.
Some of the chapters in the game are kind of long. If you want to replay only the second half or a later part in the chapter, it's tedious to start at the beginning of the chapter.
Costas freeride mod V2
Dillinger Suit V1 by CaptainJack
My Vito head texture
Last edited by Tommy Mafioso; 10-01-2010 at 09:38 AM.
Dude that is an AWESOME Vito head texture!
Now if only you could put those guys in the trunk, drive somewhere, and bury them all!
Originally Posted by Relight
I am trying to make him look more like Neil McCauley (Robert De Niro's character in Heat). Added the scar because i think it makes him look more badass.
Where can i download the suit skin? Please post a link.
Originally Posted by Tommy Mafioso
Nothing is happening here, so i'll make it alive!
why this didnt make it into the game confuses me.this is awesome shooting from a car
I agree! I played this, and it's SO awesome!
Originally Posted by rick2201
VGA Card for MAFIA II is nvidia.
Its because MAFIA II use technology sponsored by nvidia that work best in Nvidia GPU.
if you use ATi GPU, the tech "PhysX" still can work using CPU but its very heavy
as for mods,
you can visit mafiascene.com/forum then go to the topic you want
Hi, I wondered if anyone could post an alternate download link for costa's freeride mod v2 (with godmode etc. etc.) My game kept crashing so i had to re-install it and since mafia-empire.com is down i can't find any other site that has version 2.
If anyone could send a pc save for joes adventures to me, with just a modded location inside a building or something I could put it onto 360 to test for people eg: offline of course and for personal use
is there a way we can remodel graphics and texture in mafia 2 now ?
like.. making a new suit or something, or removing a tie lol..
umm sorry i wasnt following the last thread :P
I think so, but I have no idea how to do it myself. You might want to start looking around in the "wardrobe" section of the "sds" folder. Once MafiaScene is back up, I would also recommend taking a look there, as they have an excellent modding forum.
Originally Posted by spirit01
well thanks anyway :P still figuring out how to extract and inject /use those sds files tho.. i have no experience in these.. up till now only done the simple stuff... :]
Originally Posted by snick25
Well since Mafia Scene is down, I'll put up my two Mafia II mods here
Being an avid Mafia I modder I wanted to bring a little life to the freeride game that costas opened up so working off His work, and frankly others I made a little freeroam mod where the following occurs
Description: Henry is Capo and Gives you missions at Freddy’s Bar. 20 Missions total
Joe hangs around The Maltese Falcon during the day. He’ll ride with you.
Saves and day changes Saves at the Garages*
Saves when you go to sleep
Seasons Change when you go to sleep*
Weapons Recharge when you sleep
Joe and Henry are at their Homes at night
* Features originally in Gvozden’s freeride dlc
I made this one loaded with weapons, and cars and a semi-god mode where it is ALMOST impossible to die.
Its just my sad little attempt to redeem a game that could have been so much better
The second Mod I call Vito's Vendetta, it is a file swap that changes out Jimmy's skins and SOME voices for Vito's
The only known glitch is the very first mission (prison) where the character has a black head
Over all a real disppointing game to play and mod, but I tried
For all my Mafia I Mods go to matteo-mods.com
So I was going through the mafia 2 script folder and found loads of files named...
Their were loads more,Mabye these were the deleted free ride missions(fr),I extracted them and some of the stuff looks like it could be "Activated" again.Would it be possible?
Most of them were used for jimmy's vendetta and betrayal of jimmy so... no, we cant activate them in free ride
Originally Posted by Danjodan
I was thinking the same,its a shame because jimmys vendettaand BOJ vould have made a great free ride for the main game minus the arcade timer and points.
Originally Posted by whiteraven
A little off topic, and I'm a console gamer so my question will not help me, but I was wondering why the police bodies dissapear, and if there was a mod to stop that from happening. Or do the police bodies disappear for a reason?
presume it's just a matter of resources.
pc gamesave for xbox?
isnt the format different?
usually xbox gameave is tied to gamertag, and also packed inside CON file....
I have the means to covert it to a xbox 360 save and re hash it to my gamertag
While it's great to have these modding talk threads here, I recommend that those looking for modding support and discussion to also head over to MafiaScene.com. Sadly, I never visited Mafia-Empire.com, but now that it's gone, I have visited and participated in discussion at MafiaScene.com, and it's a good place to talk about modding and to find mods because they have dedicated sections just for that. Go to their Forum and then go to the Mafia 2 Mods sub-forum, and make sure to notice that Mafia 2 Mods also has 2 more sub-forums.
Thats awsome,the possibilited are endless.Is it possible to remove buildings and add different one?
Like replacing the Hillwood Villa with vitos burned down safehouse?
Perhaps, but (so I've heard since I play on a PS3) Mafia II modding is ridiculously demanding compared to other games such as Mafia: The City of Lost Heaven. Just have a look at the download section on MafiaScene: 883 downloads available for Mafia and 12 for Mafia2.
Originally Posted by Danjodan
I don't know if is possible to remove buildings, i don't try it yet, but you can move the building outside the map, where you don't see it
Originally Posted by Danjodan
Mafia II: Reminiscence of the hype
Download link: http://exloser.sweb.cz/Mafia2/M2_Roth.rar
Audiovisuals are intact, but gameplay undergoes quite a change.
Have fun ^_^
EDIT after Danjodan's post:
- no health regeneration (HARD difficulty only)
- a bit more durable main character (but no Terminator), it is a must with no health regen
- better responses for getting hit by a car
- in cover, camera is close to the player, making peeking more harder
- damage camera effects amplified to compensate for lack of hit response animations
- revisited police offences system
- no screen fading filters until player is at the very edge of death
- more forgiving height damage for falling
- enemies drop less ammo (HARD difficulty only)
- a bit faster pace of brawling
- more cunning AI
- some extra anims, unused in retail (AI only ^_^)
- one extra feature which should have been in retail in the first place
- less spare ammunition (you have unlimited inventory, take advantage of it and equip yourself before a mission)
- damage revmap, grenade is now really grenade...apart from the fact I coudn't turn off friendly fire -_-
- accuracy revmap, small firearms are not sniper rifles, sniper rifles are now sniper rifles
- kickback revmap (beware of shotgun ^_^)
- revisited HankB fuel tank and gasoline station explosions;
- smarter AI
- all cars have minimal three tumblers now
- Derek now accepts more cars types (but still those cars have to look somewheat classy)
- three of them, all can be experienced in a city when roaming in between missions
And all other stuff I haven't mentioned ^_^
Last edited by Andrashi; 02-04-2011 at 05:31 AM.
Give some more details please.
Originally Posted by Andrashi
Like what this mod does,what it changes and what it is
Andrashi, that all sounds great, ta
just played through a couple of missions, mod is great, very nice work
you wern't joking about the shotgun , not too keen on the closer cover camera but it does make combat tougher, shotgun would be my only criticism, needs toning down a little, melee pace is a good improvement.
Last edited by Fugue; 02-04-2011 at 02:44 PM.
Originally Posted by Andrashi
You did a pretty good job here. Downloaded it and tried it out, and I liked it quite a bit. Don't know if I like the close-up cameras, though.
Just a few things I noticed:
-In missions with lots of fighting, like Chapter 8 or Chapter 14, the non-replenishing health gets pretty tricky to work with, and it's very annoying to try to fight through dozens of thugs when you're heart's beating constantly and the screen is faded. However, this is meant to be hard difficulty, so I guess I shouldn't be complaining.
-The recoil is maybe a bit strong, for example the Thompson. It can be a pain for example in Chapter 8 when you have to shoot up the Crazy Horse.
-The gas station explosions are maybe a tad too strong, as even people across the street are instantly killed
Other than that, great job! I espeacially like the increased damage and deadliness of the grenade; always thought they were like firecrakers before!
Oh, and could you maybe tell us in what missions we could find the easter eggs?
Fugue: there is a trick. Fire the shotgun and as you are pulling the trigger, start moving mouse downwards. Recoil will be compensated way faster and it won't throw your aim so far. It it designed so it requires player's active involvement, instead of just holding down left mouse button.
Thanks for opinion. Reactions on your comments:
- Cameras in cover are closer, so you cannot peek while you are hidden. Together with no health regen it turns rather boring shootouts into adrenaline experience.
- Screen fading occurs when you are almost dying. Just try to keep your health above 10%.
- Regarding melee: maneouver and try to attack from such a distance so you just connect with knuckles of your attacking arm. That way, you can often catch opponent off-guard. It is done on purpose, to prevent from "rush close-spam counterattack" strategy. Counterattacks work, but you have to launch them just frame when you dodge opponent's attack, otherwise he will 90% dodge it. Welcome in Tekken ^_^.
- About recoil: actively compensate recoil by moving mouse in opposite direction not only after shoot, but also while shooting. With automatic weapons, shoot in rapid successions of short bursts (swiftly adjusting your aim between bursts).
- Gas station and fuel tank truck explosion ARE deadly, deal with it. Shockwave is not pleasant, and flying debris can do wonders ^_^. Also it is a tribute to Mafia I insane harbor gas tank explosion.
- Easter eggs are not in missions, they are in a city. You can see them in between storyline missions or in Costa's freeride. One is connected with cars, two are connected with people in the city.
Last edited by Andrashi; 02-05-2011 at 03:06 AM.
thought I would try your mod Andrashi.. however (and probably due to having the Steam version) when I start
Mafia II I get mafia2.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close.
Wow u did the devs work. Really modders have to finish this game?
Good job Andrashi.
OK, since I have learnt some of you overseas folks are afraid of European download sites,
here goes ModDB page
together with download. I will update some screens and videos, so you can see the mod and decide for yourself.
Please ( Tommy Mafioso ) Can You Invite Me And Tell Me About Vito's Skin
I use legal STEAM version too.
I heard there was some update on Sunday. Since I am not at home I don't know whether it is true or not. If yes, there is a possibility it was setting background for Joe's Adventure missing music, that could mean possible changes in structure of tables.sds. If that is true, the mod won't run for you. Will try to look into it at the weekend.