Page 12 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
Results 441 to 480 of 1120

Thread: Update: Protector Trials, Minerva's Den, and final patch coming to a PC near you

  1. #441
    everybody needs to calm down, we're getting the dlc, no need to be so abusive towards people who're just trying to help :/

  2. #442
    You people are seriously borderline abusive, I don't get why Elizabeth even responds to 90% of you. She must be a Masochist, I think thats a PR requirement.

  3. #443
    Since your post says December, and that month is now past, I can only assume that the Protector Trials must still be a ways off. Is there any kind of eta we could get? I can only re-play Bioshock and Bioshock 2 so many times

  4. #444
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    122
    Quote Originally Posted by Tool of Isis View Post
    You people are seriously borderline abusive, I don't get why Elizabeth even responds to 90% of you. She must be a Masochist, I think thats a PR requirement.
    Some people are just cynical, angry and tired. It's 2K's own fault if you ask me. Although I'm going to stay optimistic for a while longer.

  5. #445
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    7,528
    Quote Originally Posted by Tool of Isis View Post
    You people are seriously borderline abusive, I don't get why Elizabeth even responds to 90% of you. She must be a Masochist, I think thats a PR requirement.
    I'm not in PR. ;-)

    Friendly reminder to everyone: Yes, I know it's January! I'm checking in on stuff for you now, but last I heard we were not yet in cert, which is when I'll be sending you guys another update, so please don't set any deadlines as we don't have any yet. I don't want you to be disappointed.

  6. #446
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    The Netherlands - Crocus Pawn
    Posts
    511
    Quote Originally Posted by 2K Elizabeth View Post
    I'm not in PR. ;-)

    Friendly reminder to everyone: Yes, I know it's January! I'm checking in on stuff for you now, but last I heard we were not yet in cert, which is when I'll be sending you guys another update, so please don't set any deadlines as we don't have any yet. I don't want you to be disappointed.
    As long as the DLC is still coming, I'm a happy man

  7. #447
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    422
    Quote Originally Posted by 2K Elizabeth View Post
    Friendly reminder to everyone: Yes, I know it's January! I'm checking in on stuff for you now, but last I heard we were not yet in cert, which is when I'll be sending you guys another update, so please don't set any deadlines as we don't have any yet. I don't want you to be disappointed.
    Any hint at what we might maybe possibly be expecting first? MD or PT?

  8. #448
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    107
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerobec View Post
    As long as the DLC is still coming, I'm a happy man
    Same here.

    Not sure why people are complaining, they likely won't make much money from this but they are doing the honorable thing and releasing the content for us. I don't care how long it takes, I am just glad they reversed their decision and are selling us Minerva's Den, which by the way won best add-on from a ton of sites this year!

  9. #449
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    RaptureArchives.org
    Posts
    1,741
    Quote Originally Posted by 2K Elizabeth View Post
    I'm not in PR. ;-)

    Friendly reminder to everyone: Yes, I know it's January! I'm checking in on stuff for you now, but last I heard we were not yet in cert, which is when I'll be sending you guys another update, so please don't set any deadlines as we don't have any yet. I don't want you to be disappointed.
    Not in Cert yet. That is all we needed to know. Thanks for the update Mom ;-)
    I am just glad the PC community will be getting the content take as long as you need. I don't care if it comes out by late December for a xmas release.

  10. #450
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Barcelona, Spain
    Posts
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by StingingVelvet View Post
    Same here.

    Not sure why people are complaining, they likely won't make much money from this but they are doing the honorable thing and releasing the content for us. I don't care how long it takes, I am just glad they reversed their decision and are selling us Minerva's Den, which by the way won best add-on from a ton of sites this year!
    Same here ! Thanx Elizabeth and 2K !

  11. #451
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    147
    Same here. I'm not usually one to cut 2K slack but the fact that they actually "uncanceled" the DLC and patch is a great and very unusual thing for a company like this to do, so I'm not going to be impatient about it (to an extent, if we're still having this discussion 6 months from now I would be a bit frustrated).

  12. #452
    There we go. We have confirmation that there is no cert yet. This has been a productive day, and I am sad to say I am not sarcastic.

  13. #453
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    7,528
    Quote Originally Posted by MityaSpektor View Post
    There we go. We have confirmation that there is no cert yet. This has been a productive day, and I am sad to say I am not sarcastic.
    I told you guys that in mid-December! ;-)

  14. #454
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    The sunny south
    Posts
    146
    It gives me time to get my crap together and get a computer than can actually play the game, since I was a total idiot and bought it without checking to make sure I could play it on my laptop. :/

  15. #455
    Quote Originally Posted by MultiVaC View Post
    Same here. I'm not usually one to cut 2K slack but the fact that they actually "uncanceled" the DLC and patch is a great and very unusual thing for a company like this to do, so I'm not going to be impatient about it (to an extent, if we're still having this discussion 6 months from now I would be a bit frustrated).
    the DLC is one thing, but how could they possibly not patch the game? that would mean people are permanently stuck with a defective game? they had to patch it!. the DLC is a nice added bonus, though. unless i'm wrong, the game had to go to certification also, and got certified with all the bugs, so i wouldn't hold much faith in that process!!.

  16. #456
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Listening to Big Sister Music!
    Posts
    110
    Hey Elizabeth,

    While we're still waiting, perhaps you could edjumacate us on what "certification" means and what actually happens (from 2K's perspective) in that process.

    Does a platform-vendor like Microsoft or Sony actually act as a game design-level QA, testing all the nuances of gameplay for errors and bugs in design?

    Or are they testing it from the perspective of their console's functionality, making sure it launches, saves games, responds to their controllers, interacts with their online components, and basically just doesn't blow up their console's OS? Do they do any load testing for online multiplayer components?

    Maybe it's some of both?

    On the PC, is Microsoft's certification process more-or-less the same as for their console?

    And please understand, that I am not asking for specific dates, times, time intervals, levels of work, or anything that could be construed as asking for any sort of "promise".

    I think it would be helpful for people to understand that certification isn't just some sort of rubber-stamp.
    Last edited by Zuzax; 01-05-2011 at 05:59 PM. Reason: spelling rocks!

  17. #457
    @Zuzax:
    That would be interesting to know. Do you know about Bioware's game Dragon Age? Instead of patching the game (except for 2 small patches for the PC version early after release), they released 3 DLC in 6 months and released a 4th one a short time later. 3 of the DLC were criticized for their bugginess. Fans wondered what kind of certification was EA using as a standard since they were so buggy.

  18. #458
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    107
    @ Zuzax

    Because they used Games for Windows Live they have to go through a similar certification process as they do on the Xbox, which is silly on PC but then that is why most publishers aren't using GFWL. 2K uses Steamworks now, which is much easier on them. Microsoft even charges you to release patches!

    I feel like not dealing with GFWL was the main reason they wanted to cancel the patches and DLC in the first place.

  19. #459
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    7,528
    Zuzax - Cert is a little bit of everything you say. I can't get terribly specific about the process (and actually it varies a bit depending on the game and definitely on the platform) but beyond cert we also have our own internal QA testing which is being very thorough about this!

  20. #460
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    7,528
    Hey guys,

    I have an update for you! As of today, we’re tracking to submit the Protector Trials to certification at the end of January. Minerva’s Den has some more work to be done on it still and is tracking to submit to certification in the beginning of March. I’ll let you guys know when we do submit but our release date will change depending on how that process goes (which is why I don’t have a firm release date for you guys yet.) I don’t have a final patch list for you yet, either, but one item I know many of you will look forward to: we have fixed mouse sensitivity issues and many v-sync option bugs.

    Next update will probably be about our submission – until then, I’ll answer whatever questions and clarifications you may have here.

  21. #461
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    3,831
    That's a great update, thanks Elizabeth!

    Just to be clear on the terminology, when you say you're "tracking" to submit the DLCs for cert at certain dates, does this mean you're basically saying that the dates you're providing are the current estimate for 2K's timeline to complete and submit to cert?

  22. #462
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    107
    If Protector Trials is coming out that much sooner I'll have to look into it... I figured I would just skip to Minerva, but maybe the first one is worth messing with.

  23. #463
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    7,528
    Quote Originally Posted by Relight View Post
    That's a great update, thanks Elizabeth!

    Just to be clear on the terminology, when you say you're "tracking" to submit the DLCs for cert at certain dates, does this mean you're basically saying that the dates you're providing are the current estimate for 2K's timeline to complete and submit to cert?
    Yes, that's our current estimate. Nothing's set in stone until it's actually completed, but that's what we're moving towards.

  24. #464

    Hey

    Thanks for the update. The only thing I really want is a patch so i can play the metro pack. Not played a map yet

  25. #465
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    11,555
    Quote Originally Posted by NETGURU View Post
    Thanks for the update. The only thing I really want is a patch so i can play the metro pack. Not played a map yet
    From what's been said, there isn't going to be a map pack playlist (please correct me if I am wrong, other forumites).

  26. #466
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    218
    I believe you are right about the lack of any map pack playlist, which is the main reason I never bought that DLC. Also, cert being scheduled for end of January is great! Hopefully we will get a patch by the one year anniversary of release.

  27. #467
    Jeesus... Liz you're killing us...

  28. #468
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    122
    Yeah, well, I've never played the multiplayer alot (Not because it's bad, but I'm just not a multiplayer sorta guy). So all I want is my 2 singleplayer DLC's

  29. #469

    Hey

    The metro pack playlist is criminal tbh. I paid 800 points for it and not even played a map ONCE yet. I mean we can have 8 peeps with the pack and 1 person sneaks in who doesn't have it and we're in the normal maps. Such a shame to waste an expansion. Surely the boffins behind the DLC can churn out a metro playlist somehow I mean please

  30. #470
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    422
    Quote Originally Posted by NETGURU View Post
    Thanks for the update. The only thing I really want is a patch so i can play the metro pack. Not played a map yet
    Nope, not happening. 2k has officially stated that the Metro Map Pack "works as intended" and is not going to ever be patched. The only way you will ever play one of the maps is to create a private match with your friends. Pret-ty lame.

  31. #471
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Listening to Big Sister Music!
    Posts
    110
    Quote Originally Posted by 2K Elizabeth View Post
    Hey guys,

    I have an update for you! As of today, we’re tracking to submit the Protector Trials to certification at the end of January. Minerva’s Den has some more work to be done on it still and is tracking to submit to certification in the beginning of March. I’ll let you guys know when we do submit but our release date will change depending on how that process goes (which is why I don’t have a firm release date for you guys yet.) I don’t have a final patch list for you yet, either, but one item I know many of you will look forward to: we have fixed mouse sensitivity issues and many v-sync option bugs.

    Next update will probably be about our submission – until then, I’ll answer whatever questions and clarifications you may have here.
    Well knock me over with a feather. Projections based on progress! That wasn't so hard, now was it?

    Seriously, thanks, and keep it up. I think you will find that such transparency actually fosters community interactions based upon trust and respect versus the community cynicism and anger that secrecy and evasion promotes.

    All momentum is built with a first step. You've taken it, now keep going!

  32. #472
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    54
    I'm happy that I can actually play something new in Bioshock 2, I got a little fed up playing the campaign repeatedly.
    I'm not much of a Bioshock 2 multiplayer fan, so I'm really anticipating this DLC that is not multiplayer orientated.

  33. #473
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Siren Alley
    Posts
    1,386
    Quote Originally Posted by Zuzax View Post
    Well knock me over with a feather. Projections based on progress! That wasn't so hard, now was it?

    Seriously, thanks, and keep it up. I think you will find that such transparency actually fosters community interactions based upon trust and respect versus the community cynicism and anger that secrecy and evasion promotes.

    All momentum is built with a first step. You've taken it, now keep going!
    A nice rose-tinted view, but even a company like 2K would do well to heed the very true fact that this is actually pretty rarely the case. Masses of anonymous people love to heap the hate, and even a company as transparent and light-handed as Valve can receive heavy flak over minute issues.

    It's all a matter of transparent, and while being obscure and dishonest is a good company policy, it's very deceptive and self-serving of this community to convince 2K that a change of company policy will do more than simply turn a few heads and leave a few tempers to simmer.

  34. #474
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    7,528
    Being obscure and dishonest is not a good policy - for anyone. It's not one I subscribe to, and not what we do here.

    Let's not derail this topic by going down this road. This is a thread for updates.

    Thanks.

  35. #475
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    23
    So end of Januari were gonna submit to certification. Later were gonna do this and a little later were gonna do that. In between we'll have to mob the floor and clean our windowshield, check the tyrepressure and do some other stuff that no-one is really interested in...

    WHEN!!!! Can I expect the product to be available for my pc?!!!
    WHEN!!!! Can I see myself playing the game I've been waiting for for far, far too long now?!!!

  36. #476
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    122
    When it's done.

  37. #477
    Quote Originally Posted by 2K Elizabeth View Post
    Hey guys,

    I have an update for you! As of today, we’re tracking to submit the Protector Trials to certification at the end of January. Minerva’s Den has some more work to be done on it still and is tracking to submit to certification in the beginning of March. I’ll let you guys know when we do submit but our release date will change depending on how that process goes (which is why I don’t have a firm release date for you guys yet.) I don’t have a final patch list for you yet, either, but one item I know many of you will look forward to: we have fixed mouse sensitivity issues and many v-sync option bugs.

    Next update will probably be about our submission – until then, I’ll answer whatever questions and clarifications you may have here.
    I'm really glad to hear there's some progress being done here w/ Bioshock 2 PC - with the last two DLC's and patches.
    This makes me keep faith in some companies for us PC gamers.
    Better late than never, if you ask me.
    I've got tons of games to keep me company, until you guys finish doing things right here for Bioshock 2 on our beloved PC platform.
    Thank you for trying to do right by us, even after everything - 2K Games, 2K Elizabeth, and 2K Marin.

    EA recently announced No DLC coming to NFS: Hot Pursuit PC version.
    And EA probably wonders why I won't buy that game, even while it's on sale on Impulse at 1/2 price AND there's also an extra 10% coupon out there for Impulse....
    *shakes my head*
    No DLC coming to PC = the game is not worth my money until the game's ridiculously dirt-cheap (think like $15 or less).
    I probably would've bought NFS: Hot Pursuit for the PC today via Impulse, if we were actually getting DLC brought to the PC.

    Seriously - EA could really learn something from what you guys are doing at 2K here.

  38. #478
    Quote Originally Posted by StingingVelvet View Post
    Same here.

    Not sure why people are complaining, they likely won't make much money from this but they are doing the honorable thing and releasing the content for us. I don't care how long it takes, I am just glad they reversed their decision and are selling us Minerva's Den, which by the way won best add-on from a ton of sites this year!
    Hey Stinging!

    I am glad, as well - that they are doing right by the PC gaming community by doing this.

    While, they might take a loss for doing the honorable thing - they will probably have avoided any chance of any of their other PC versions of their games - past and present - being heavily boycotted or selling very low numbers. I don't want that to happen - I want to see 2K to keep pumping out their games for both PC and consoles! We all deserve to be happy here!

    We all know that publishers and dev's need our $$ so they can make even more products for gamers like us to keep consuming like there's no tomorrow. We want to love your products, dev's houses and publishers - so keep 'em coming!

    What I hope here - is what 2K is doing sets a standard and shows some of the other gaming companies that have slacked releasing content for PC gamers that when they release a game for PC and consoles, make sure every single version gets ALL of the game's official content - especially ALL of the DLC. All versions of a game deserve that kind of support, love, and care.

  39. #479
    Please let the dlc be bought off Steam and not GFWL.

    PLEASE

  40. #480
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    West Jordan, UT
    Posts
    3,180
    Quote Originally Posted by ARustyFirePlace View Post
    Please let the dlc be bought off Steam and not GFWL.

    PLEASE
    It's already been confirmed that the DLC will be released via GFWL, unfortunately.

Page 12 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •