Page 17 of 28 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: Update: Protector Trials, Minerva's Den, and final patch coming to a PC near you

The Protector Trials was released this evening for Games for Windows - LIVE.

Before you yell at me for trolling, I have photographic evidence; I'm downloading it right now. Although, admittedly, I'm a little confused about the price (400MSP), as some posts that I've previously read in this forum lead me to believe that it would be free. The review I've read though allow me to believe that it justifies the price, so I'm not complaining.

Games for Windows - LIVE (Canada)

Photo proof.

I don't know if it's me or what, but I am having a hard time understanding almost everything you have posted 'goodballs'.
    English is not me native lang, but dang I had to bring out my universal translator and even that choked.

Yes, I can't help you to understand what I wrote, while I may have used all my knowledge to explain in my very bad English what's up in my head to come along to ask, what's up with the forthcoming milestones in this thread. I may have a hunting to complete my collection only for Bioshock 2 here, hoping to get an answer to my related questions, which may become equal with yours here, if you are in the same matter on this boards and especial in this thread.

But I think, as bad my English speaking may be, that a good translator may give at least a clue of what I'm talking about.

Don't be up-sad about me. What is your native language about? Sorry for my inconvenience in having to give my clues in English on this board.

I know that my English is very awful, but I hope that I may leastways understandable in what I plug out of my keyboard typing hands, really.

Maybe you could try an on-line translator to your native speaking? I'm sure you may understand my point of view at least.

Thank you
    kindly regards
    goodballs

Wtf!!!!!!!!!!!

the protector trials is out now and wernt we promised that its price would be free not $6.50 come on 2k give us truth for once do the right thing

What the...?!

You're right, it IS out!

"Released: 22/02/2010" - ??

"File Size: 964 MB"

$5.75 in Canada.

Or is this just a fake listing in the GFWL Marketplace...

Hey Elizabeth, how can we get the Protector Trials for free, as mentioned in this thread?

http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/259/53887369.jpg

What? Protector Trials is out now?

Lets have a look at GFWL ... oh really, thank you for this, but 4,99€ is not free at all, you are right. Hmm, shouldn't it be free and Minervas Den, which I am totally missing here may be 10€?

Thank you jaimilo for the news, but the .... why they are charging for Protector Trials?

Don't know.

2K Elizabeth, something goes ahead of the promises, hmm?

Ah, Relight, you will be charged also in Canada.

As for now, I better pay as I get nothing? What 's up with Minervas Den? Will this come soon?

Weird this.

I think the patch will come one or two months later and this may good so related to some bugs which like to come after the release of the DLC's.

I'm willing to pay for both, but present it both with a Team to get rid of the bugs after a time.

Bugs are mandatory normal in this.

I pay for both DLC's but I like also to have in the end of the year a bugfree gameplay.

Thanks in advance.

If this is really it, I guess Elizabeth was keeping the cert details a secret so she could surprise us?

They may not have control over exactly when it hits the store, so they might have known it was coming, but they might not have been prepared for it to come at exactly this time of day.

Don't buy it, that will just make things more complicated.

If this is it, then Elizabeth will probably have a system where anyone who sends a message will get a download code, or something like that.

That old date is so mysterious though... maybe they meant it to be February 22nd, 2011, not 2010?!

Also, since when did GFWL Marketplace use regular money? LMAO. I still have 300 points in my account.

Thank you Relight,

I wait and am not be willing as you stated to pay at least now.

LOL Maybe I bought it, so thank you again, because it should really be free of charge at least, not?

Funny aside, did you read my post concerning Dead Space 2 at steam? Stem got rid of it because of forbidden securom in it. *laugh*
    But this only my thoughts. Have fun to see the links I included in the post.

What the hell,..., I have 2400 Points on my mistake. So I will get along what they may charge, because I have no clue what I should do with that anyway.

The nice people on the board told me that they couldn't give a refund and that nothing is transferable.

So I use this for Bioshock 2 and that's it.

I hate GFWL. Luckily I have only two Games with that crap.

Red Faction Guerrilla, but there I have all DLC's in the PC version included.

Cry

I have only 2 games on GFWL as well... BioShock 2 and Fallout 3.

Save your points, you will still need some to buy Minerva's Den.

Protector Trials comes first for free, but when they finish Minerva's Den for PC, it will probably not be free, so you will still need some of those points.

For sure I will keep the Points. Nowhere knows how much they charge for Minervas Den,when Protector Trials comes chargefree.

only for your amusement.

http://reclaimyourgame.com/content.p...n-Dead-Space-2

http://reclaimyourgame.com/content.p...t-Dead-Space-2

Zitat:"then Elizabeth will probably have a system where anyone who sends a message will get a download code"

Ehm, may you please explain how I can send a message to Elizabeth, if the things are coming as you mentioned?
    Sadly I have no experience in this behaviour what to do and where to find her address for posting this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Zuzax View Post
    What on earth does "solid team" mean? That they're not liquid or gaseous?
    I LOL'ed.

Quote Originally Posted by Delacroix View Post
    Steamworks and GFWL are DRMs I usually do NOT apply any "fixes" to -- they give as much as they take, by providing achievements and matchmaking services, be them better or worse, they definitely serve their purpose IMO. If it's SecuROM PA or other crap... that's a different story.
    I agree 100%.

-----

I came here to ask about the Protector Trials listing in the GFW Marketplace client but it looks like some speed demons have beaten me to it!

The PC version of the Rapture Metro Pack was recently updated to add achievements. Does Protector Trials also have achievements on PC, and will Minerva's Den have them when released?

PC: http://www.xbox360achievements.org/g.../achievements/
    360: http://www.xbox360achievements.org/g.../achievements/

Well, at least something is happening. I'd also like to know what happened to the Protector Trials being free, but I never really cared about those anyway. I just hope this means Minerva's Den and the patch are coming soon.

Wait until tomorrow when Elizabeth comes onto the forum again. Watch this thread - she will hopefully post about it here.

Oki doki my friend, I am patient.

I lived half a year in Kenora, that was funny, half a year to go for Lake of the Woods. Then in winter I lived in Winnipeg for another half. I like Canada a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Relight View Post
    Also, since when did GFWL Marketplace use regular money? LMAO. I still have 300 points in my account.
    You've been able to pay with either real money or Microsoft Points for a while now.

wow, good balls sounds like a poorly written spam script...

Thank you rootbeertapper. I appreciate your judgment.

Quote Originally Posted by MultiVaC View Post
    Well, at least something is happening. I'd also like to know what happened to the Protector Trials being free, but I never really cared about those anyway. I just hope this means Minerva's Den and the patch are coming soon.
    Ditto. Even for free I probably won't play the Protector Trials. I have, however, been anticipating their release... only because that would mean Minerva's Den was coming next.

I just bought it. Finally. One product less to await.

Wasn't it supposed to be for free? or will we have to write to Liz and ask?

I just want to have this already, paid or no-paid.

Write back when you've played it. Wanna know if 2K actually spent time making it quality or just if it's a rushed bugfilled mess.

Sir, yes, Sir.

GFWL Marketplace, at least the web version (not the client version), has updated / corrected the release date. It now reads as today, February 18th, 2011.

Elizabeth, where are you? Protector Trials is here! Can we have free download codes? I'm so excited to play this tonight!

finally , still need to wait to get it for free ofcourse since that was promised :P comes at the right time since i only played minerva's den and my xbox got the rrod already -_-

Quote Originally Posted by Delacroix View Post
    Sir, yes, Sir.
    Whatcha waiting for soldier?! Get out there and play that game!

This is exciting news and I hope the price issue gets sorted out before I get home from work. Yea, next stop Rapture!

Hi guys,

Before we all get out our pitchforks, please let me look into what's going on. These were not supposed to go live and I'm looking in to the mistake now.

Obviously, you know I would have told you ahead of any release date that the Protector Trials were headed to you. I'm sorry about the SNAFU, but please don't rage - I'm on top of this.

I don't know how to play the DLC. GFWL says that I downloaded protector trials but it doesn't appear in the main menu. Does anyone have the same problem ?

Quote Originally Posted by ludoroux View Post
    I don't know how to play the DLC. GFWL says that I downloaded protector trials but it doesn't appear in the main menu. Does anyone have the same problem ?
    Sounds like the content wasn't supposed to be available yet. It's possible that BioShock 2 requires a patch first before it will recognize and allow you to play the new content. Of course, that's just a guess, but the bottom line is... it sounds like it wasn't supposed to be made available by the GFWL Marketplace yet, so I wouldn't expect it to work.

Hoorah, it all now seems within touching distance.
    Good to see you're on the case Elizabeth.

Quote Originally Posted by OtherworldBob View Post
    It is - I just didn't have exact details yet and I want to come in here with the ultimate good news. Sorry for any of you who were confused over the past handful of hours!

Doesn't work here also. There's an option visible in Mainmenu/Extra which says 'Play DLC' but it isn't possible to select it.

Reinstalled everything but this fixed nothing.

Oh and I paid for it.. Was I not supposed to do that?? :/

Quote Originally Posted by Doodah View Post
    Doesn't work here also. There's an option visible in Mainmenu/Extra which says 'Play DLC' but it isn't possible to select it.

Paying for DLC that doesn't work? Nahhhhh, that never happens around here. I'm sure it will get sorted.

Quote Originally Posted by Doodah View Post

Hang tight and I'll let you know what's going on when I get official word - I don't know the status of that content given that it wasn't supposed to be released yet, so I wouldn't work on trying to get it going. Once I hear back, I'll update you - but we will get this all sorted.

Quote Originally Posted by OtherworldBob View Post
    Ah Liz First excited then confused. Did any one else have trouble connecting to gfwl market place client even though they were connected to gfwl in BS2...I updated every thing that gfwl help suggested and ended up having to do a system restore...Arrrrrgh

Quote Originally Posted by 2K Elizabeth View Post
    I'm sorry about the SNAFU, but please don't rage - I'm on top of this.
    Liz - no offense - you are wonderful - but why is everything related to this game (on the PC particularly) being executed so unprofessionally?

It is like you guys were acquired by the p.o.s. company I work for.

I hope - one day - you can informally let us know who - maybe some exec I suspect - decided to treat the PC community so very very poorly.

I hate to paint 2K Marin with such a broad brush - but the suit should be held accountable - not the wonderful employees.

We all appreciate the hard work the REAL workers like yourself are putting in to get us this additional content.

(we shall not forget your efforts to support us!)

Hi there,

Mistakes happen - sometimes out of our control. I'm the head of community, so if you feel that you weren't treated well, I'm stepping up and letting you know that's my failing. But in this case, all I can do is apologize and let you know that I wasn't checking the Marketplace or the forums around 10 PM last night and so this wasn't caught until my community manager checked the thread. Don't blame a "suit" - in fact, I don't think I've ever seen a person wear a suit in this office and even if you were talking about our lawyer or our COO, I would vehemently say you have the wrong impression of them. They are real workers and if you met them, you'd appreciate them. Don't lump us in with all the other companies in the world - I'm not going to pretend that I couldn't have made this entire roll out smoother, but please don't damn us for this error which honestly could not have been predicted.

Page 17 of 28 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast