Page 18 of 28 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Update: Protector Trials, Minerva's Den, and final patch coming to a PC near you

If that's the case, then I REALLY hope that I didn't just waste 400MSP and a gigabyte of hard disk space. :\ Microsoft had BETTER offer a refund if it comes out for free. Of course, if it doesn't... I'll just consider it a pre-purchase.

The marketplace still shows it for me, and the date/meta data is still wrong... wierd.

Quote Originally Posted by rootbeertapper View Post
    The marketplace still shows it for me, and the date/meta data is still wrong... wierd.
    Which store? It should be down everywhere.

Showing in GFWL console inside the game. Maybe my cache is out of synch?
    Does the GFWL in the game use a cache system?

Quote Originally Posted by rootbeertapper View Post
    Showing in GFWL console inside the game. Maybe my cache is out of synch?
    Does the GFWL in the game use a cache system?
    I'm not sure off the top of my head - maybe restart? Regardless, wait till my word before you go grab it - it's not ready yet.

Quote Originally Posted by 2K Elizabeth View Post
    I'm not sure off the top of my head - maybe restart? Regardless, wait till my word before you go grab it - it's not ready yet.
    Understood.

Apparently it does cache, I flushed the IE cache, and the Temp folder under my profile account. I restarted the game and the advertisement/options to purchase are now gone.

This saga has more twists and turns than a twisty-turny thing.

Quote Originally Posted by goodballs View Post

Don't be up-sad about me. What is your native language about? Sorry for my inconvenience in having to give my clues in English on this board.

I know that my English is very awful, but I hope that I may leastways understandable in what I plug out of my keyboard typing hands, really.

goodballs
    I myself find your english a refreshing diversion from this ongoing saga we are experiencing. Please continue to post comrade

Hi there,

Mistakes happen - sometimes out of our control. I'm the head of community, so if you feel that you weren't treated well, I'm stepping up and letting you know that's my failing. But in this case, all I can do is apologize and let you know that I wasn't checking the Marketplace or the forums around 10 PM last night and so this wasn't caught until my community manager checked the thread. Don't blame a "suit" - in fact, I don't think I've ever seen a person wear a suit in this office and even if you were talking about our lawyer or our COO, I would vehemently say you have the wrong impression of them. They are real workers and if you met them, you'd appreciate them. Don't lump us in with all the other companies in the world - I'm not going to pretend that I couldn't have made this entire roll out smoother, but please don't damn us for this error which honestly could not have been predicted.
    Alright, Elizabeth, I get that you guys are all people - I dig it, I'm a person too. In fact, most of my friends are people. A lot of them have jobs, too. I like people. You might even say I'm a people person.

But this "error" so-called is really quite ostentatious. Someone, somewhere, must have thrown the "upload to GFWL" switch that made it appear as a downloadable and cost money. Or if they didn't and this really is some freak accident, then I don't feel comfortable investing in a company which attracts crop circles. Call me superstitious.

By this point some have accidentally spent money and others have become quite confused about this fiasco and I have to say, I was healthily confused when I heard about it. Someone needs to get on the soapbox in your office and say "Seriously guys, don't pull this nonsense" because all this junk (after the buggy buggy game we started with) is getting a little old.

It could be that it's all Microsoft's fault, which I'm perfectly ready to buy as Microsoft has a delicious history of screwing things up and GFWL is probably managed by an entire corps of screw-ups. If that's the case, then I encourage you to go dress them down because, as their client, you deserve more (don't you?).

I've been briefly checking this thread daily for updates.
    After reading protector trials had been released with a price, I thought I'd wait to get the official input from Elizabeth. I'm glad I did.

It is a shame that the Bioshock 2 PC has had a string of mis-handling/communication issues occuring somewhere.
    Regardless I'm pretty excited about the fact that it was wrongly released, I take it as a good sign - then its almost ready for distribution?

I'm not really bothered when Protector Trials and Minervas Den become available anymore. I'm super busy and only have a couple of occasions in a year that I can sit back and thoroughly enjoy playing games and unfortunately we are now outside of those periods. This means that I need to re-shuffle a lot of things to allow me to sit back and enjoy the DLC. I mean like, its Bioshock! I hope I won't be dissapointed doing this 2k.

So what about the people who already bought PT?? Refund?

Quote Originally Posted by Doodah View Post
    So what about the people who already bought PT?? Refund?
    'NO refunds, NO returns! Hahahahaaa!'

(sorry had to do that xD I hope you get the reference.. )

I'm happy to see some some progress now. I think this means we'll see PT on GFWL very soon now! But then the real deal.
    Personally, I want Minerva's Den more That's gonna be awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Cerobec View Post
    'NO refunds, NO returns! Hahahahaaa!'

(sorry had to do that xD I hope you get the reference.. )
    Yeah, that's GFWL-talk. And the reason why I put the question here instead of on their forum.

Yeah, that's GFWL-talk. And the reason why I put the question here instead of on their forum.
    Uhm.. Well actually it's from the vending machines from BioShock 1
    But yeah.. xD

[/offtopic]

Hi there,

Mistakes happen - sometimes out of our control. I'm the head of community, so if you feel that you weren't treated well, I'm stepping up and letting you know that's my failing.
    No way you are at fault in fact I have spent more money on this game - and the related merchandise (~$400) then I have EVER dreamed of spending on any other video game - and that's largely because of you and your awesomeness.

(and NECA's awesomeness as well)

However the following incidents are bizarre - please make sure whoever might have influenced these events know just how serious PC Gamers take this:

1) No Dedicated MP servers
    2) Using GFWL
    3) PC Bugs addressed very slowly
    4) DLC MP Maps not playable (server browser/Dedicated Server issue)
    5) Last Patch and Remaining DLC cruelly cancelled on PC (most serious offense)
    6) DLC and Patched now promised months ago - no show
    7) Free DLC shows up as Pay DLC suddenly unannounced and unplayable

Personally I'm taking most of this in stride - but if it weren't for you - and the helpful mods here - I would have lost my cool about all of this.

Surely there is a responsible party - I just find it hard to blame you or the hard working developers at your office for these bizarre decisions and arrogant disregard for PC Players.

I appreciate you all keeping us informed and getting this additional content out to us - it makes me confident in buying - and promoting - other game releases you all do in the future.

But please - if there is someone who may learn from these miss-steps in the chain of command - please help them to learn just why we were upset about all this - we are perhaps a hard to please lot - but these issues were/are not trivial.

Again we appreciate all your hard work and dedication - and I will be excited to give you all even more money when Minerva's Den becomes available.

THX!

It's the weekend now, so I won't have an update for you until Tuesday at the earliest, but I assure you I'll be coming here with a full report and let you guys know the state-of-the-state when I get the official rundown on what's going on.

Much appreciated for kicking this issue in the butt, thanks Liz.

I think 2K needs to send over a pissed off Big Daddy to the GFWL offices. Delta already trashed the 2K offices, now Microsoft needs a turn
    Last edited by IllusionOfLife; 02-19-2011 at 10:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by IllusionOfLife View Post
    I think 2K needs to send over a pissed off Big Daddy to the GWFL offices. Delta already trashed the 2K offices, now Microsoft needs a turn
    WIN!!!

Yeah... the BioShock 1 scene with the first Big Daddy throwing a splicer <insert Steve Polge here> at the wall/window and drilling his ass into oblivion. That could do.

It's the weekend now, so I won't have an update for you until Tuesday at the earliest, but I assure you I'll be coming here with a full report and let you guys know the state-of-the-state when I get the official rundown on what's going on.
    Will be here tx.

2K: Thank You!!!

First of all, for bringing us Bioshock1, 2 and infinite. And for giving us Minerva's Den for PC. Thank you!

I must say thank you one more time because 2K Games is using Steamworks. It is really better than GFWL.

Also I have a question GFWL is not supporting my country and I can't log in from here but AFAIK new DLC will be free, how can I download it? Will you release the DLC with in a patch or do I need to log in the GFWL to download it? I am have the game from Steam BTW. Thanks.

Well, I guess that you will have to create a GFWL account with a fake country That's what most of us do

You can then migrate your account to the correct country when it is supported. It's a fairly simple process. I migrated to Poland a few days back and it works now.

Why doesn't GFWL work in those countries? Racism?

That's another variant of gaming industry's disciriminating practices. Microsoft chooses the countries to be eligible for GFWL as they see fit.

Atleast all 2K games these days use Steamworks

It's the weekend now, so I won't have an update for you until Tuesday at the earliest...
    Does everyone have a day off for Washington's birthday in the US?

I had to work but my kid didnt have school.

It's the weekend now, so I won't have an update for you until Tuesday at the earliest
    Will be here tx.
    It's Tuesday and I'm ready for some good news..

Question; What about the PT-DLC which I bought but wasn't supposed to come out yet?

Well, Liz lives somewhere in America, so I guess us Europeans will have to wait until tonight.

Question; What about the PT-DLC which I bought but wasn't supposed to come out yet?
    Impatience tax.

I don't have a full report for you guys today, but if you bought the content you will get your money back - the content going live and its sale were in error, so we're working with Microsoft right now to fix this.

But is the PT DLC close to launch now..?
    If somehow Microsoft released it (although a not playable version), then it must mean the certification has been done and stuff..

Sooo... Is it safe to say that it'll be released before march?

I don't wanna be mean, but this is becoming ridiculous, we are stupid to believe them is 1 year since they release the game and still nothing, only empty cheap promises. is that to much to ask for a patch, i don't care about DLC just a patch to solve the problems to have a nice experience while playing the damn thing, that's all. maybe they will celebrate 2 year of the game next year with the release of the patch (which will not work), who knows...they have a very permissive and an un-professional company, i don't know what to do cry or laugh...

...but if you bought the content you will get your money back
    Thanks for answering my question. Got another one for ya;

Quote Originally Posted by Cerobec View Post
    Sooo... Is it safe to say that it'll be released before march?

If you bought the content you will get your money back
    I'm going to have to hold you to this, though some details would be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Asuterisuku View Post
    Vague is the new detailed.

Quote Originally Posted by Asuterisuku View Post
    You will be contacted by Microsoft with the particulars since they are in charge of the transaction - if you don't hear from them within a couple days let me know and I'll help you out.

Page 18 of 28 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast