Thread: How do I get the Civ's to start in their correct historical places??

How do I get the Civ's to start in their correct historical places??

I would like to know how I can get the Civilizations to start in their correct historical positions. Eg: America to start in North America, Siam to start in South-East Asia.

Civfanatics has a whole section dedicated to Earth maps.
    Last edited by AeEsBii; 01-13-2011 at 01:26 AM. Reason: Found the time to look into the site I mentioned.

Totally agree with this question. When I asked Civ 6 they stated that Englands empire reached as far as Indonisia which is where England always starts. I would like to point out that although it did reach there that is not where they built London. Whats the point of a world map if your civilizations can't start where they historically did? We all know that Americans geography stinks but why push the fact in a game about civilisations? Unless we are talking about the indigenous people of America then they should start in Europe also.

Quote Originally Posted by Canwolf View Post
    Totally agree with this question. When I asked Civ 6 they stated that Englands empire reached as far as Indonisia which is where England always starts. I would like to point out that although it did reach there that is not where they built London. Whats the point of a world map if your civilizations can't start where they historically did? We all know that Americans geography stinks but why push the fact in a game about civilisations? Unless we are talking about the indigenous people of America then they should start in Europe also.
    Bashing on an entire nation isn't going to help your case.
    Besides that, for Civ5 you also needs mods to get true starting locations on maps, same for Civ6 it seems. Civ is about alternative universes/histories. Starting in non-existant maps or different locations on real maps is part of that.

Lastly, you posted in the Civ5 forums, about Civ6. Even worse, you recalled a thread back from the death. The last post was from January 2011... a full 6 years ago!
    Unless really, really contributing to the thread, that's definitely not appreciated. And I pointed out why you aren't really contributing here.

Thread closed.
    “If you are involved in a game, everything ends up being a set of trade-offs. Anything in a game is a sacrifice of things not in the game.” --Gabe Newell

Playing Firaxis games and helping out in the Official 2K Forums!
    My Blog: donald23.nl
    Steam profile: donald23