Thread: Disturbing initial report from Operation: Papa Alpha X-Ray

Disturbing initial report from Operation: Papa Alpha X-Ray

According to footage recently recovered by Citizen IllusionOfLife, it appears that Citizen Thirteen may be in danger.

The footage in question can be reviewed here - if the information gathered from this footage is accurate, Citizen Thirteen was last seen at a bar before his mysterious disappearance.

Whether this information is legitimate or not remains to be seen, but I would advise all Citizen Soldiers involved on Operation: Papa Alpha X-Ray to be on their guard. Hopefully Citizen Thirteen's disappearance will have a reasonable explanation, but we cannot rule out the possibility of enemy action at this time.

Ranger Six, out.

Indeed, this is troubling. I was in contact with Citizen Codex leading up to the meet up at 6:30 PST on Friday evening, but since then I have not heard from her. I fear she may have ended up like Citizen Thirteen. Can anyone who was on site in Seattle Friday night give us any more information?
    Last edited by IllusionOfLife; 08-27-2011 at 09:22 PM.

I hope Codex wasn't in the way or maybe they are trying to gather the data to share with us first of the week ..

That's entirely possible, the lack of communication could simply mean that they are in hiding at the moment. I shouldn't instantly assume the worst, but with Russian satellites watching us, atom bombs targeted at us ready to strike at a moment's notice, and now potential Soviet invaders, not only gathering intel, but possibly attacking our agents has me fearing the worst.

Hopefully by Monday we'll have heard back from Citizen Codex.

That footage cannot begin to describe the grisly scene we discovered that night. It was....horrible.

Although I took photos of Citizen 13...or whatever that was...it will take days to get them developed. I will share them with you as soon as they are ready. I still don't fully understand what I saw. Only one thing is certain--nothing human did that. My skin still crawls every time I think of it. Ug!

Quite a few agents met up to witness Citizen 13's remains. Most of us kept rather quiet. I remember seeing Codex there. I believe she left safely. Whatever abomination struck that site, it was long gone by the time we got there.

If we are to have any hope of beating these bastards, we have to be quicker!

All hope is lost, it is best not to pursue this investigation further.

Quote Originally Posted by FtRapture View Post
    That's a rather bleak perspective, isn't it? If anything, now is the time for drastic measures, not surrender.

Thanks for the info! I'll be on the lookout!

Quote Originally Posted by FtRapture View Post
    That sounds very...communist, if you ask me.

Perhaps Citizen FtRapture should be going through the paces once again to find out whether or not they should be involved with Citizen Skywatch.

01000011 01101001 01110100 01101001 01111010 01100101 01101110 00100000 00110001 00110011 00100000 01100010 01100101 01101100 01101111 01101110 01100111 01110011 00100000 01110100 01101111 00100000 01110101 01110011 00100000 01101110 01101111 01110111 00101110

I cracked your code, Citizen JackRyanlives. Good one. Hopefully, it's a joke... *wink*

I apologize for my silence, fellow citizens. I have been on the run for many days, unsure of just how much time I have to collect my thoughts.

I am afraid that my position even now is not fully secure, nor are the images that i managed to capture at the time properly developed. However, I will say that I believe I will be in a secure enough location within the next 24 hours to make a full report, one that hopefully makes our fellow citizen's - 13 - sacrifice worth it.

I see many agents are already putting their minds to work on figuring out the strange codes that 13 left scattered for us to find - well done. If I have anything to add to the hard work that has already been done I will do it... however I am afraid I may have been compromised already and cannot go further.

This is Citizen Codex, Citizen 86, signing off and going underground. See you on the other side, Citizens!

Glad to see you're ok Citizen Codex, you had me worried. But not only that, you're officially numbered! I take it you met with Citizen One than? I'm looking forward to your full report, I'm dying to know exactly what happened this weekend.

Also, I'm looking into some of my old Project Hermes archives as you requested, however they're severely disorganized. I'm going to have to sift through many pages of useless speculation trying to find what you're looking for, but when I do I'll let you know right away.

Well, I believe I am now at a location that is secure, so I believe I can begin my retelling of what occurred at Citizen Skywatch’s Operation: Papa Alpha Xray.

For posterity, let me introduce myself. I am Citizen 86, also known as Codex... and even also known in the past as IndigoHermes027 of Project: Enemy Unknown. I’ve had quite a bit of time to think while I’ve been waiting for this safehouse to settle down, and I realize that the run I have been on for the last three days is not the extent of my running. I’ve been in hiding for nearly half a year, after what happened when a member of the GoldenHermes designation went to meet with a certain man who claimed to have information about the strange phenomena that Skywatch is reporting.

For those who do not know what happened, the Internal Defense Directorate, or IDD was investigating the strange weather phenomena, reports of black ooze and odd electrical storms over the last few years prior to the shutdown of the infinivac system used for gathering evidence. Just prior to this shutdown it was revealed that a Russian scientist or doctor (I cannot remember which, my apologies) named Vesiliyev had information that the Hermes agents could use. As the system shut down, it was announced that Vesiliyev and the hermes agent had been killed.

As we all know, the IDD has since been shutdown and now Citizen Skywatch has restarted the search for whatever is going on. This is where I start my recollection of O:PAX.

I arrived promptly at 10 am on Friday, only to be greeted by the strangest sight. It was a fallout shelter. I had heard of them being built, due to the fears from Russia and potential nuclear war. I hadn’t seen one however, and was more than a little shocked to see the things inside. What first drew my attention was the board of evidence left in the entrance hall – it contained all of the supposed “hoax” documents that were sent during P:EU. Every single piece of info was stamped with a “hoax” rubber stamp and then left to examine.

As I observed this board, a gentleman with a Citizen Skywatch armband approached me and inquired as to whether or not I had seen the Vesiliyev picture. I nodded, and said that I had. He then surreptitiously turned back and said “take a good look, and keep it in mind.”

I was unsure what he meant, but then a nearby door opened and a rather severe nurse dragged me into the doctor’s office. Why there was a doctor’s office in a bomb shelter, I will never know, but there was one. I didn’t see the doctor’s face at first, but he was listening intently to a radio that was producing static. The nurse barked some questions at me and took some measurements, during one of which I was able to read a small chalkboard on a nearby wall. As the nurse turned away to grab the doctor’s attention, I managed to snap a Polaroid photo of the evidence board. I did not have time to photograph the blackboard, but I see someone else has already done reported it to our fellow citizens.

I was then questioned by the doctor, who inquired if I was a communist, before sending me through a curtain into a development room. There were several pictures of members of the Citizen Elite, as well as many pictures of the strange figure with glowing eyes. It was too dark in this room to take a picture – I surmised that it had been used to develop pictures, maybe a darkroom of some sort? – but I was soon requested to give my name, base of operations and skill set. I was then required to have a photo taken, before being told to meet with Citizen 13 that night.

Much later, I made my way to the meeting place with my camera in hand. Just as I went to meet with Citizen 13 in the bar that had been specified, I heard a loud crack of what sounded like electricity. I was pushed to the ground by another citizen, my camera snapping a shot just before I fell. In the confusion, I heard people yelling about aliens, communists, the government... A gun shot went off as well before I started to run. I was running until last night... I was just too scared.

During my running time, I started to think. The Vesiliyev picture still stuck in my mind, even though I know from my time as a Hermes in P:EU he was dead. The doctor at the shelter looked... well, he looked similar. Maybe my panicked mind has been playing tricks on me... oh well. I am safe now, and will develop the pictures that I took. I have heard reports that someone died in that bar, that it is Citizen 13. I doubt that it is 13 who ended up dead. Our fellow Citizen Elite strike me as much more hardy and capable than a simple initiate such as myself.

I hope that this is enough to help some people understand what happened. I, however, am still just as confused as I was Friday night. Maybe it will all start to make sense as I calm down and think over it.

This is Citizen 86 signing out.

59 6f 75 20 70 61 74 68 65 74 69 63 20 68 75 6d 61 6e 73 20 61 72 65 20 6c 69 6b 65 20 73 68 65 65 70 2c 20 62 65 69 6e 67 20 68 65 72 64 65 64 20 62 79 20 73 68 65 70 65 72 64 73 2e 20 0d 0a 49 74 20 6d 61 74 74 65 72 73 20 6e 6f 74 2c 20 68 6f 77 65 76 65 72 2e 20 59 6f 75 20 63 61 6e 6e 6f 74 20 73 61 76 65 20 74 68 65 6d 2e

Interesting, both you and Citizen Zero have reported Citizen 13 still being alive, than who was that poor fellow in the bar that night? It sounds like you didn't have enough time to tell one way or another who it was, but do at least know, was he one of ours or one of theirs?

Also, about Vesiliyev, I still haven't managed to find the old reports on him, but what would a Soviet scientist be doing in Citizen One's bunker? I don't even want to think about the possibilities of Citizen Skywatch playing host to the enemy, but perhaps that Citizen who tipped you off may have been trying to let you know to keep your guard up without causing a scene. Now that I think about it, I'm sure that's what it is. They must have realized they had a double agent present but they weren't ready to move forward. I'm curious if anybody else had seen Vesiliyev near the bar that Friday night.

Citizen Soldiers:

Citizen JackRyanlives seems to have been fed corrupted intel. Our Citizen Elite have confirmed that this evidence has no bearing on our efforts. Citizen Jack, please report in to the Elite if you need further help, but disregard these messages - they are a HOAX as decreed by Citizen One and Citizen Skywatch.

This is Citizen Zero, right-hand and liaison to Citizen One, signing out.

Quote Originally Posted by Codex View Post
    During my running time, I started to think. The Vesiliyev picture still stuck in my mind, even though I know from my time as a Hermes in P:EU he was dead. The doctor at the shelter looked... well, he looked similar. Maybe my panicked mind has been playing tricks on me... oh well. I am safe now, and will develop the pictures that I took. I have heard reports that someone died in that bar, that it is Citizen 13. I doubt that it is 13 who ended up dead. Our fellow Citizen Elite strike me as much more hardy and capable than a simple initiate such as myself.
    Thank you for the report, and stay safe! Is the photo you saw in the waiting area the same disturbing X-Ray I saw? It was supposed to be of the corpse found in the lobby (linked below). I assumed that was Citizen 13 ...

Please post your pictures as soon as it's safe and your are able! From Citizen 13's message, it appears that something may occur in September ...

http://twitpic.com/6dmlf6

I didn’t see the doctor’s face at first, but he was listening intently to a radio that was producing static.
    Did anyone else listen to the radio in the Doctor's office? The chalkboard says (in morse code) "Listen to the radio"! Maybe there was a message to hear?

Have any other Citizens been able to devleop their photos Citizen 13's meeting? Fresh eyes looking on evidence could provide new information!

Quote Originally Posted by m4dc4p View Post
    Did anyone else listen to the radio in the Doctor's office? The chalkboard says (in morse code) "Listen to the radio"! Maybe there was a message to hear?
    I did listen to it intently, but all that I could hear was static. Maybe, just maybe, there was something that I couldn't hear at the frequency it was producing. To me it just sounded like static...

Citizen Jackryanlives here. I-I don't remember the past 6 days. My vision is kinda blurry. What happened?

I did listen to it intently, but all that I could hear was static. Maybe, just maybe, there was something that I couldn't hear at the frequency it was producing. To me it just sounded like static...
    The chalkboard posted in another thread (more pictures captured by me below) contained several frequencies, all crossed out (3 GHz, 300 KHz, 3 Hz, 3 KHz). The formula "f = c / lambda" appears next to them. According to wikipedia, that defines the relation between frequency and wavelength.

The chalkboard also shows a simple algebraic derivation giving "E = (h * c) / &lambda", which looks like the 'Planck relationship' between the frequency, wavelength and speed of light as given by Wikipedia.

If only we could hear a recording or tune into the station they were listening too ... has anyone uncovered intel regarding the radio? It certainly must figure into this ...

Full chalkboard image

Partial image, focusing on radio message

Citizen MaxSteele here.

When I was in the medical center on Saturday, the nurse showed me several resistors and asked if I knew what they were. When I told her yes, she said they were trying to get their radio working and asked if I could I fix it. I told her I couldn't fix it, then she sent me to get my badge.

I don't believe the radio was working as of Saturday afternoon.

Hurm, interesting, Citizen Steele... When I went in the Doctor was listening to another radio on his desk. I was questioned as to whether or not I knew the identity of Citizen 13. Strange, for people who were supposed to know who Citizen 13 was to be asking a raw recruit if they knew who was a member of the Citizen Elite...

Hurm, interesting, Citizen Steele... When I went in the Doctor was listening to another radio on his desk. I was questioned as to whether or not I knew the identity of Citizen 13. Strange, for people who were supposed to know who Citizen 13 was to be asking a raw recruit if they knew who was a member of the Citizen Elite...
    I fear they cannot be trusted! Could it be that Citizen 1's bunker was infiltrated and taken over? It does says "enemy among us" on the chalk board ...

They seemed legit. I mean, that's where I got my badge from. I don't think they'd be giving out Citizen Skywatch badges if they had infiltrated the bunker.

Or maybe the whole point of Citizen Skywatch is to find out what we know? If it is the communists or the US government, maybe they're trying to figure out what we know before silencing us...

I don't know. I am still tired and I doubt I am thinking straight.

Citizen Codex may have a point. No one saw 13 in this bunker did they? Isn't it odd that such a project which holds anonimity at such a high value would give out identification cards with names, photos, and information as to what that person's talent is?

Fo rmy part I believe the bunker to have been legitimate; but I was not there in person.
    Last edited by Ga1Friday; 09-02-2011 at 09:11 AM.

The bunker had to be legit. Why would they lead us to the corpse? Why would they provide us with this information if not to ask for our help?

Citizens, we have an opportunity here and Citizen Skywatch has given us the ability to follow through on things we may previously have not been able to.

Occasionally, we must trust what we can't be certain of.

I trust Citizen One.

Beta Angel is right, Citizen One would not have lead people to Seattle without cause.