Thread: Cryptic message from [Teletype] feed

Cryptic message from [Teletype] feed

This was just posted on the official Citizen Skywatch Twitter feed:

Citizen 13 left us signs. The blue unlocks the red. The key is on the chalkboard. bit.ly/csw-bb #citizenskywatch Operation #PAX
    Also, the bit.ly link sends us back here. What does it mean???
    Last edited by Ga1Friday; 09-02-2011 at 10:58 AM.

Possibly clues on how to access information, or something related to the meeting at the Convention Center in Seattle

I was unable to snap the code on the chalkboard. I fear I have lost all connections.

Quote Originally Posted by beta_angel View Post
    I was unable to snap the code on the chalkboard. I fear I have lost all connections.
    Citizen Beta angel, what was the code on the chalkboard?

or should i say, what is it?

Also, someone on Twitter who's at PAX got some of the blue cards (hence the riddle) and one of em has this scrambled phrase on it.

Oivmgksvosnxcqeffcskcfvvxkbtuhumywnxknmwbgpvuzzeps zmvqLleaxlh.
    Anyone who has these cards figure it out yet?

I received both updates from the Teletype feed and neither have yielded obvious results. As you mentioned, the network location in the teletype message from two hours ago leads back here and the most recent message directs to the main page of the CSW Network but there are no new posts there either.

Upon analyzing the first said Teletype feed, my department of agents have concluded that Citizen 13 has hidden some sort of message in this piece of Intelligence. The title of this article "rain city BLUEs" and the last sentence in this piece of information is "we trust that any further sky-borne mysteries will soon be grounded by our Deputy Chief's trusty lasso of RED tape.". We are still working on the cipher but have had no luck so far. We think we are missing an essential part, a key perhaps, to solving it.

On another note, we also tried to extract the article that is printed on the other side of the paper. Two specific names are present, Sherry and what appears to be Shaun Cassidy. We are unsure of who this is and if this is unrelated to Citizen 13 or not.

Or maybe THIS is what the post meant?

http://yfrog.com/h822381977j

A new image just showed up on the Teletype feed:

There appears to be some kind of code, but it's partially obscured by the pictures; without a full look at it I'm not sure I'll be able to get anything out of it.

Also, that shadow is giving me the creeps. I know it's likely just the photographer's hand at an odd angle, but it looks almost… inhuman.

EDIT: Using some of my resources I was able to make out a fragment of the code: 59355465. Do these numbers mean anything to anyone?
    Last edited by IllusionOfLife; 08-28-2011 at 05:02 PM.

Sorry for posting again so soon, but I just received some new intel. I was forwarded an image from Citizen One's bunker in Seattle, and I think this may be the chalkboard mentioned on the Teletype feed:

Off the bat I recognize morse code at the bottom right hand side of the board reading "LISTEN TO THE RADIO." Unfortunately since we are not there I don't think that will do us a lot of good. Also, there is another one of those codes that appeared on the "Listen for Danger" poster. This Quebec Romeo or "QR" Code is likely the key Citizen One was talking about, but again, without seeing the code in person I'm not sure I can do anything with it. Hopefully one of our fellow Citizens who went to Seattle was able to get more from it.

EDIT: A New photo just showed up on the Teletype feed.

The text looks like Teletype feed messages, but none that have been posted yet. Also the network address bit.ly/C-S-W is showing up again, leading to the front page of Citizen Skywatch.
    Last edited by IllusionOfLife; 08-28-2011 at 05:06 PM.

following up on illusion's first picture post (yea I shortened your name, what are you gonna do about it...lol jk jk) we've got sirens and blue and red colors. let's see what we can grab out of these plus this apparent key from the chalkboard pic he just posted
    EDIT: MY LORD!!! IT'S RAINING UPDATES

There's no way the chalkboard code was a legit QR code, it was very obviously hand-drawn and messy. However, after going through the CSW booth at PAX I did get a card with a QR code on the back which prompted me to tweet this: http://twitter.com/#!/ancalime/statu...27152414048256. Looks like other folks got other numbers -- time to combine forces and break it down.

Was there anything else written on the card? maybe the key is in there.

Just got back from PAX- I figured out what was going on with the cards, but I didn't have time to post everything until now.

The messages are numbered, and you pair off the blue and red card messages of the same number. The blue message acts as a key in a Vigenere cipher- http://sharkysoft.com/misc/vigenere/ is the app I was using to decrypt. Doing so looks like it gets the story of what happened to citizen 13:

1. ?
    2. Thought he was mixed up with all the recent unexplained fireworks in our skies
    3. Possible fifth columnist conducting Soviet experiments in weather manipulation
    4. But it seems as if there is more than one gang of black hats loose in Seattle
    5. my mark settled at a table in the bar no idea who he was waiting for or why
    6. Then the doors kicked in. A bunch of dark suits started waving guns around
    7. Everybody lammed out but me. I dove behind the bar as they cornered the mark
    8. ?
    9. And that's when I realized I had more things to worry about than catching lead slugs
    10. ?

The blue card messages for 1, 8, and 10 haven't been posted on Twitter yet. It's possible to crack this code with a little legwork- the photo posted tells us that 1 starts with "There has been", 8 starts with "A little knowledge is" and 10 starts with "Do".

I've been looking at number 1 for now- if the key message begins "There has been a change in the air our skies...", the decrypted message becomes "Fellow Citizens- The mark I was tailing was..."

Edit: 8 is "A little knowledge is a dangerous thing. More knowledge is a deadly threat to our ends.", which becomes "They roughed him up asking him for answers then they shot the mark right in the head"

Great work fellow citizen!

Quote Originally Posted by aspeon View Post
    The blue card messages for 1, 8, and 10 haven't been posted on Twitter yet. It's possible to crack this code with a little legwork- the photo posted tells us that 1 starts with "There has been", 8 starts with "A little knowledge is" and 10 starts with "Do".
    Here is 10:

"Do not trust the Government. Do not trust the media. Trust only Citizen One."

Which decoded gives:

"Trying to intercept plans for VECATV. If I survive you will be called to act this sept standby citizen13"

Also interesting - red card 10 is the only one that does not contain a link.
    Last edited by m4dc4p; 08-28-2011 at 11:10 PM. Reason: added decoded message

Quote Originally Posted by IllusionOfLife View Post

Off the bat I recognize morse code at the bottom right hand side of the board reading "LISTEN TO THE RADIO." Unfortunately since we are not there I don't think that will do us a lot of good. Also, there is another one of those codes that appeared on the "Listen for Danger" poster.
    I can confirm the morse code but there was no radio playing in the area. There was a short video clip running but it didn't seem related.

I think the phrase "I REVENGE" above the QR code is the key they are talking about. Not sure how though.

Quote Originally Posted by IllusionOfLife View Post
    A new image just showed up on the Teletype feed:

The photo disappeared from @CitizenSkywatch twitter feed! I snagged a copy and uploaded it to twitpic:

http://twitpic.com/6cymns

For good measure, here is the one of the cards:

http://twitpic.com/6cyndi

Just in case "they" get to twitter too!

Quote Originally Posted by m4dc4p View Post
    I think the phrase "I REVENGE" above the QR code is the key they are talking about. Not sure how though.
    That's it- "I REVENGE" anagrams to VIGENERE. I missed that.

Quote Originally Posted by aspeon View Post
    That's it- "I REVENGE" anagrams to VIGENERE. I missed that.
    Ohh! Clever!

This. Is. Awesome. I love this, brings back the old SitS-days... Really too bad i wasn't at PAX, would have loved to recieve cards...

Sorry for that rambling, all this code cracking is playing with my head. Back to serious matters, now... Where exactly did we find this blackboard picture? Thanks in advance, curious to know.

Quote Originally Posted by bluebuttpie View Post
    Sorry for that rambling, all this code cracking is playing with my head. Back to serious matters, now... Where exactly did we find this blackboard picture? Thanks in advance, curious to know.
    The chalkboard was in the Citizen Skywatch booth at PAX.

Quote Originally Posted by bluebuttpie View Post
    This. Is. Awesome. I love this, brings back the old SitS-days... Really too bad i wasn't at PAX, would have loved to recieve cards...

SitS? Whats that some other government project you worked on?

I have decoded all messages with the exception of #1. Some of these messages seem unfinished or missing parts. Anyone else seem to have the same problems? If anyone is interested in any of these decoded messages i can post them either here or in another thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Theta-Sigma View Post
    SitS? Whats that some other government project you worked on?
    Not at liberty to speak about it, but yes, I have gained some experience in other fields, which is probably why I was deemed relevant enough to become a Citizen Soldier. Despite all the horrors we keep uncovering, I fear the day it's all over and I'm retiring... Call it an addiction.

Quote Originally Posted by SquidFire View Post
    I have decoded all messages with the exception of #1. Some of these messages seem unfinished or missing parts. Anyone else seem to have the same problems? If anyone is interested in any of these decoded messages i can post them either here or in another thread.
    They were mostly decoded by Citizeon aspeon above, but I think #1 is missing. So far no one has posted Blue Card 1.

Citizen MaxSteele here. (yes, I know my forum name is EvarnTerallis... it would seem a mix-up in aliases has me using two of them.)

I was on-site last weekend, and received my Citizen Skywatch badge. I also have one red and one blue card in my possession. They are currently in a safe location and I do not have immediate access to them. I will view them this evening to see if I have any of the missing cards we are looking for.

I also have a photo of the death that took place on the floor, which I believes goes with the x-ray that was recently posted here. I can post that if anyone wishes to see it.

Yes Citizen MaxSteele, I believe that we would all benefit from evidence gathered by those on site in Seattle

It's been nearly 24 hours since Citizen MaxSteeles last communication.

We're in need of answers and time may be of the essence here.

Quote Originally Posted by beta_angel View Post
    It's been nearly 24 hours since Citizen MaxSteeles last communication.

We're in need of answers and time may be of the essence here.
    The link below shows the corpse found at Papa Alpha X-Ray:

http://twitpic.com/6dmlf6

Citizen Max Steele here.

I was followed on my way to the secure location last night, so I did not go there until this morning.

Unfortunately, the two cards I have in my posession have already been discovered. I have Red card 5 and Blue card 10.

As for the picture, Citizen m4dc4p has provided it.

Curses.

I truly hope the intel has not been compromised. We must continue on, watch the skies and hope that whatever message we're missing will reveal itself in time.

This is Citizen Disco reporting in. Some of you may recognize my moniker from our interactions at Operation P.A.X. where I was instructed by Citizen Zero to make contact with some of our new recruits and provide them with the materials left behind by Citizen 13.

Don’t ask me why, but I had a bad feeling about the mission from the start. Unfortunately, it appears my instincts were right on the money. (Despite what the Doctor thinks, ESP is not my specialty). I believe They may have intercepted those remaining documents containing the final missing cypher: Blue card 1. But I managed to save a couple messages for myself, just in case they were needed.

Ever since then, I feel like I’m being followed. A car even drove slowly by my home last night in the late hours... I’m probably just paranoid but I know that if I sit on this any longer I may be risking more than just my own safety. Here is the message in full:

1. There has been a change in the air. Our skies have become the weapon of an enemy unknown. bit.ly/C-S-W @citizenskywatch Operation #PAX
    I hope this helps.

Great! That makes message #1 "Fellow Citizens - The mark I was tailing was an odd duck. Not sure whose side he was on."

Quote Originally Posted by Ancalime View Post
    Great! That makes message #1 "Fellow Citizens - The mark I was tailing was an odd duck. Not sure whose side he was on."
    Added to the consolidated thread at http://forums.2kgames.com/showthread...56#post1453756!

Citizen IllusionOfLife; but what method did you begin to break the code? Perhaps sharing your process will help others help you.