Thread: Strange package received

Strange package received

Greetings Citizens!

I arrived home this evening to find a large white mailing envelope discreetly hidden near my door.

I quickly looked around to be sure that I was not being watched, retrieved the envelope and headed inside, away from any prying eyes.

I checked the return address, and could not make it out. It must have been written in a rush. Not to mention, whomever sent this probably did not want to be traced back.

Centered on the envelope behind my name and address, the Skywatch logo was clearly present.

Citizen 13 may be lost and need of our assistance once again!

Please see the the documents that I have attached to this bulletin.

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...1&l=c412061f47

Could you take a picture of each square of the comic for redability. Also the front page might contain a code ill try doiing a transcript asap

I find it great that while Citizen 13 is on the run for his life he's able to make his own comic books haha

However, this is great news, Citizen 13 is unharmed, (at the moment) and trying to reach out for us for help. We're here, ready, and willing to assist 13!

It looks like all the stripes loop pieces of the same overall message. Assuming the "00" is the start/end, we get:

00 HC PA XD BO UF DG CN PM GP RD BC FR VC VC VJ PS EB TP BO BE XJ ZT LP PL UF OP JG RP RB BC DJ LY WC BR VF NB TJ VC VC LR SL ZI PD KP ZD CN KL OU TJ GM PS CB UP RC TG PA UF RY
    I want them to be state postal abbreviations (especially given the "American maze" bit), but the only real one in there is PA. Rot-N didn't yield anything particularly promising.

I just received this as well... might as well make it known since someone's already spilled the beans! I can try to get decent quality pictures of each panel, if you'd like.

Thanks for the letter sequences. The bottom left sticker says:

"SPREAD THE WORD!
    #CITIZEN13
    PRODUCT OF BASE 64"

Isn't that some kind of code?? Base 64? Also, there are snippets of random letters and numbers all over the comics, on papers 13 is holding and whatnot. One that jumps out at me is a written one on the brick wall.

"SUSHVEE9DDQO="

Lots of other things are probably hidden in here. I'm sure the last thing 13 wanted to do is entertain us with a simple comic. Search for the code solutions. Post anymore you find.

Ill be home after 7 to help out

Got it!

Greetings again Citizens!

I believe that I have been able to decyper this strange message. And the secret is very interesting!

First, let me explain how I was able to crack the code. This may be useful for the future!

The clues are all here hidden in plain sight. The lower left corner says 'a product of Base 64'. It just happense that base 64 is indeed a form of encryption and messages encrypted in base 64 looked very much like the codes in each of the cells on the comic strip.

Some of the codes would not translate quite right, but there was enough to translate the following message:

'According to Citizen One, what must we always maintain?'

Every loyal Citizen knows that we must always maintain vigilance!

Somehow this had to be a key to the remaining codes on the front of the comic.

Since the base 64 was right there, I hoped that there might also be a clue on how to decyper the rest of the message. After a bit of research, I discovered that there is, in fact, another encryption method called 'play fair'. It's right there in the upper left!

using the play fair decryption technique, the remaining secrets were revealed.

'citizens one and thirteen joining forces on secret mission to expose enemy spies undermining skywatch standby for major new operations'

It seems that we may soon have some work ahead of us!

Stay vigilant!

Excellent work, I thought there was something to that! So One and 13 are joining up? That seems strange... apparently Spywatch's taunts didn't keep 13 from trusting 1.

Great job.

Great job Citizen blizz! This is great news.

For those curious about the encoding schemes mentioned: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Playfair_cipher and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Base64

Greetings, fellow citizens!

I too received the package containing a large comic poster (it's not a book).

I see Citizen blizz2192854 did an absolutely fantastic job of decoding the messages. Salutations to you!

As for the encoded messages, it's obvious that big things are underway. Remember, stay VIGILANT, and watch the skies!

-Citizen BioShockLvr
    -awaiting orders in New York City

I got the same package myself. The contents are currently hanging on my refrigerator, and I too have taken pictures of it.

I did notice something odd, though - at certain angles, the flash from my camera seemed to turn parts of the comic's last panel red.

Perhaps there might be something more hidden there?

ETA: Here's a cropped-down photo of the panel in question.
    Last edited by Ranger Six; 11-10-2011 at 05:12 PM.

Just as a precaution, I ran the comic poster under a black light and an in infrared light, and nothing was visible.

Hmm. It might just be an odd chromatic effect from the type of flash I was using, then. But the fact that it was limited to the last panel of the comic did seem a bit unusual to me.

Recieved mine today ^_^ Great job figuring it out =)))

WOW super fast good job

Return address?

Citizens - Has anyone been able to make anything out in the return address? I would not expect to receive something like this with a return address. Perhaps there is another clue within? It seems that everything has some meaning when Citizen 13 is involved.

well i received my package yesterday and My return address is much more readable. It clearly has the address of the United States White House, 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue!!!!! What could this mean!

It's probably a false trail intended to throw off enemy agents, CHAINS4W.

Nothing more, nothing less.

Where do you all live...? I in fact did not receive such a package.

I do hope Citizen 13 will be able to handle the troubles on his path... At least it is good to have heard from him.

Just got my package yesterday!

New York, in the mid-Hudson region.

I am in Seattle and received no such package. However, I'm thrilled to hear about 13's continued fight and wait eagerly for details to emerge about the possible improprieties within the organization.

Is it more likely that these packages were sent out by Citizen 13, or by Citizen One himself?

...Good question, Mr. Tiddlywinks.

Did anyone else have strange writing on their envelopes?
    Below the label I see LN 11/13 and a 1 circled (The 13 could be a B)
    Any relevance?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Tiddlywinks View Post
    Is it more likely that these packages were sent out by Citizen 13, or by Citizen One himself?
    Most likely 13, not ruling out Citizen One considering Citizen Q's becoming more and more suspicious.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Tiddlywinks View Post
    I have just opened a new topic about my new package and I think they can prove this otherwise. The package I got, from Spywatch I might add, had the same scratched out signature. Unless of course 13 or One are communist...

Quote Originally Posted by beta_angel View Post
    I am in Seattle and received no such package. However, I'm thrilled to hear about 13's continued fight and wait eagerly for details to emerge about the possible improprieties within the organization.
    I concur Citizen Beta_Angel, knowing that 13 is safe is paramount.

Bring it to a doctor!