Thread: this game is as game as anybody say?

Question this game is as game as anybody say?

i don´t buy that because there are people who say it´s very bad

Yes, it is very bad. If this was indeed 3dr's game which gearbox shipped gearbox should scrap everything and start new with a future DNF title. Avoid this at all costs. Get DN3D instead. If you have to buy it and you play on a mac get it on the mac appstore:

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/duke-...61019864?mt=12

Has the benefit of having Steamworks completely removed.
    Last edited by steamingears; 12-25-2011 at 10:45 AM.

3. Yes, too bad, I agree with steamingears

I don't get why everyone hates DNF so much. Maybe it's because of the sky high expectations but I've had a lot of fun with this game.

This game was a disappointment, imo.

They promised us a duke game. What they gave us was Halo.

Well, I wasn't disappointed at least. DNF ended up being my favourite game of 2011.

Yeah I liked it. Tempted to get it on Steam sale as apparently the PC version is much better than the 360 one.

Quote Originally Posted by Alyxx View Post
    I don't get why everyone hates DNF so much. Maybe it's because of the sky high expectations but I've had a lot of fun with this game.
    After gearbox was developing it and 2k games was going to publish it, I didnt have any expectations on dnf, and was still dissapointed. Worst games of 2011. I dont get why people continue to say that those who didnt like the game or were dissapointed were because of the "high expectations". This game was a failure without any expectations at all.

Yeah, to be honest, I can see why this game became a flop. But for me it was pretty much everything I wanted in a Duke Nukem game. I loved every second of it. I'm not even kidding.

Duke Nukem Forever is a great game its the game i've played the most both this and last year.

Another good game i'm currently playing is Resident Evil Raccoon City, would recommend both of these.

Worst game ive seen in awhile.

I dont understeand either,I mean,this game has everything that a Duke Nuken game should have,is a simple shooter,with a lot of charisma and personality,is fun and its really simple,it has some nice level desing,and its fun overall,with cool weapons and nice graphics,at least on the PC,really,is not better than DN3D,but is not terrible,I mean,there is not a single game,ever,that could have make 14 years of waiting worth it,NONE,and this game is good enought,which is amazing really

i enjoyed it mostly for the nostalgia

DN Forever can be good, but 10 year ago ;/

Just played it and wasn't disappointed at all.... :/

I played this game at a friends place and thought it was a blast/ What's wrong with it?

Thumbs down

These douchebags just capitalized on the name, on all that is great. Duke Nukem, as well as Doom and Wolfenstien are the GODFATHERS of ALL modern day shooters. And you failed. Miserably. 10+ years to make a disgrace. 2K and gearbox will never again appear on my console (coming from a guy who owns 127 retail discs and 98 arcade game, countless rentals, and writes reviews as a additional income for a couple websites). In borderlands 2, I farmed so hard to get awesome weapons, shields etc just to have them 'disappear' I emailed these douches and asked for help to no avail, all I got were excuses. Yea sure the nostalgic phrases were all there, but seriously, now that ive played it again, this is as bad as section 8, rogue warrior etc. Congratulations on managing to tarnish one of the fathers of FPS. Anyone who says this is a good game is absolutely retarded and should never consider themselves a gamer. I advise you to expand your gaming mentality. Ive played Duke since the DOS days, something most of you would never understand. And this is as pathetic a game as Ghosts is doing with Snoop Dog. Trying to capitalize on something else to show they are ultimately NOT ready to create quality games for us, the consumer. Shame on you 2k and Gearbox. way to go on tagging a name we all know on to get us to buy such a piece of ☺☺☺☺. My xbox GT is The 1 Mr E, I have over 100000 GS, not because im an achievement hunter, but because I give most everything a chance (check my games list if you want proof) This has been the final straw with me and ANYTHING 2k makes in the future. The only thing, and I mean ONLY thing I can respect from this game is the artistist talent that went into all the drawings................. that's it. To the artists at 2k games I tip my hat, to every other division within 2k I ask,,,,,,, ☺☺☺ were you smoking? Where do I get some?

It's pathetic. it basicly removes the Duke you once loved and replaces it with an 5 year old kid.
    ●▬▬▬▬๑ AspirationRealized needs to kill himself. ๑▬▬▬▬▬●

Quote Originally Posted by The 1 Mr E View Post
    These douchebags just capitalized on the name, on all that is great. Duke Nukem, as well as Doom and Wolfenstien are the GODFATHERS of ALL modern day shooters. And you failed. Miserably. 10+ years to make a disgrace. 2K and gearbox will never again appear on my console (coming from a guy who owns 127 retail discs and 98 arcade game, countless rentals, and writes reviews as a additional income for a couple websites). In borderlands 2, I farmed so hard to get awesome weapons, shields etc just to have them 'disappear' I emailed these douches and asked for help to no avail, all I got were excuses. Yea sure the nostalgic phrases were all there, but seriously, now that ive played it again, this is as bad as section 8, rogue warrior etc. Congratulations on managing to tarnish one of the fathers of FPS. Anyone who says this is a good game is absolutely retarded and should never consider themselves a gamer. I advise you to expand your gaming mentality. Ive played Duke since the DOS days, something most of you would never understand. And this is as pathetic a game as Ghosts is doing with Snoop Dog. Trying to capitalize on something else to show they are ultimately NOT ready to create quality games for us, the consumer. Shame on you 2k and Gearbox. way to go on tagging a name we all know on to get us to buy such a piece of ☺☺☺☺. My xbox GT is The 1 Mr E, I have over 100000 GS, not because im an achievement hunter, but because I give most everything a chance (check my games list if you want proof) This has been the final straw with me and ANYTHING 2k makes in the future. The only thing, and I mean ONLY thing I can respect from this game is the artistist talent that went into all the drawings................. that's it. To the artists at 2k games I tip my hat, to every other division within 2k I ask,,,,,,, ☺☺☺ were you smoking? Where do I get some?
    Paragraphs would be nice.

Also, see: Here.

Quote Originally Posted by Ars Technica
    What they did was finish the game, not change it. "This is an execution of 3D Realms' design. We didn't redesign the game at all. We took their concept, their design, and their ideas, and we finished them..."
    Gearbox took the disaster that 3D Realms left them and just finished it according to the original design - something 3D Realms was unable to do. Duke Nukem Forever was a disaster not because of Gearbox but because 3D Realms was so incompetent that they couldn't deliver. So, Gearbox said "fine" and took what they had, long long overdue, and just completed it to the original 3D Realms design and released it.
    As a computer, I find your faith in technology amusing.

Gearbox took the disaster that 3D Realms left them and just finished it according to the original design - something 3D Realms was unable to do. Duke Nukem Forever was a disaster not because of Gearbox but because 3D Realms was so incompetent that they couldn't deliver. So, Gearbox said "fine" and took what they had, long long overdue, and just completed it to the original 3D Realms design and released it.
    Even so, it doesn't hide the fact the game is next to useless when it comes to ideology about the games inner workings and mechanics, Gearbox, continued to make a game that was overhyped and just down right unplayable, not because of bugs but just because, it was a bad game.
    ●▬▬▬▬๑ AspirationRealized needs to kill himself. ๑▬▬▬▬▬●

Quote Originally Posted by NotMiceElf View Post
    Even so, it doesn't hide the fact the game is next to useless when it comes to ideology about the games inner workings and mechanics, Gearbox, continued to make a game that was overhyped and just down right unplayable, not because of bugs but just because, it was a bad game.
    Search for "Duke Nukem Forever Lawsuit" and "Duke Nukem Forever Post-Mortem." 3D Realms optioned the publishing rights to Take Two, they did most funding themselves so had a freer hand than most development studios, took a decade with multiple restarts-from-scratch, got a little funding from T2 when they burned through their own money, burned through that, then decided to abandon the project, T2 then sued over the money they advanced and generally being dicked around, T2 then gave the IP to Gearbox and said "finish it," which Gearbox did: exactly to what 3D Realms had hacked together that far.

The 3D Realms game is what was delivered, by a company (Gearbox) who knew how to finish a game which 3D Realms illustrated they could not do.

That is the basic gist as I recall it from memory.
    As a computer, I find your faith in technology amusing.

I actually enjoyed this one because of the caustic humor and the gameplay was somewhat good.

I think its not bad as everyone says

I don't understand why everyone say that this game is so bad. Yeah, graphics are a bit old, but what else? Cool music, different locations and in-game situations, girls with bare...well,you get it, humor, lots of guns, and this game is hard. This game reminds me about old shooters without selfregeneration, but with healthbars. I mean FPS at the end of 90's- beginning of 2000's. And I still like to play them from time to time. So for me this game was good. Not OMG IT'S AWEEEESOOOMMMEEE!!!!, but still pretty good. Better than Manhatten Project.