Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Irrational Games Store is Now Open For Business!

Well it would have been nice to squeeze Robb Waters's signature on the bottle as well.

Also guys, I think they updated the description of the bottle on the store:

https://store.irrationalgames.com/Pr...K-B2-CROWS-FIG

The way I read it, it pretty much confirms that there are only 400 of these bottles in existence; with the majority of the bottles having already been given away to members of the press, to IG staff, and presumably to friends and family. The description also flat out states that they only have a handful of bottles available for sale, as that is pretty much all that's left.

Yup, that info pretty much sealed the deal for me. I'm in for one. I still don't agree with the price, don't get me wrong. But I would hate myself more for passing on the piece, especially once it sells out.

I do sincere hope that they go all out on the packaging for the bottle. A nice wooden presentation case would be awesome, for instance. Make it happen IG!

Quote Originally Posted by MortalMonday View Post
    I do sincere hope that they go all out on the packaging for the bottle. A nice wooden presentation case would be awesome, for instance. Make it happen IG!
    Please comment again after you hold it in your hands for the first time.

As for the packaging, I wouldn't get your hopes up. They come in a plain white box, sealed between two styrofoam blocks. Sturdy and safe, but not flashy. I picked up a wooden display box for mine, but I haven't finished working on it.

You have a bottle already?

Yes, sir. HERE it is, nestled in it's styro tray. I won it last year at the PAX East fan appreciation party. There's even a video of the raffle somewhere, showing them handing it to me. That was a surreal moment. If I remember correctly, they said that they'd been given away to the crew, but they wanted one to go to the fans. Mine has the same 4 signatures as the ones for sale. I was on cloud nine for the rest of that trip. I walked around, clutching the thing like a teddy bear.

My first instinct was to open it all up and try to twist the top off. At least four strangers yelled out, "NO!" as I cranked on the neck. LOL

@Illusion, you just can't compare items in a mass produced collector's edition to that of what has been a limited autographed promotional item.

@Precarious - The Approximate Retail Value for a contest is probably tax related - many states make you pay a tax on prizes won on contests. So they are doing contest winner's a favor by perhaps valuing at something close to the cost of production. Rather than valuing at what similar bottles have gone on Ebay and make a contest winner pay more tax. My best guess for that reason.

@Japester, you bring up an excellent point about potential resellers

On the bottle price - Honestly the market has been set by not even the people who resold the bottles they won on ebay as those went for that price and beyond but in my opinion it was as I said before set by the 2 autographed bottles put up for charity. Those in actuality the first two bottles sold via I.G for charity and those which were autographed went for over 1000 dollars each. I was amazed that they went at that price. Now if the remaining bottles went up for around 100-150 dollars each if I was one of those two people, probably have a sour taste in your mouth having spent over a 1000 dollars on an item you thought others would only get through promotional means. Personally if your going to put those bottles up for sale, I think you have to keep those two early adopters of the bottles in mind when setting the price. If all bottles don't sell, makes more sense to see the remaining continued to be giving out via promotional means rather than dropping the price(still could be a few set aside for promotional means)

I understand it's not in everyone price range and to some spending that amount of money on a bottle is absurd but their are high end stores which sell articles of clothes which can run into the thousands of dollars, a price point I find absurd but others find as pocket change. There are people who will pay that price for clothes, I'm not going to tell the store what they should be charging for something which is selling beyond what I am willing/capable of paying.

At the end of the day - IG,2k,Taketwo, and every other game company is a business meant to make money. At the end of the day I know for a fact, I.G/2k has given soooooo much to their fans - from swag, parties, and contests. Not having a bottle, personally I'd rather give them the money than some dude on ebay. I think it's even cooler that they're at least giving an opportunity to die-hard fan's to get a bottle who may not have had chance at one of the promotional bottles. If it makes anyone feel better you can always think the next time a contest is held by 2k/I.G that some of the money you may have spent on the MOC bottle helped fund that promotion.

All that being said, if they do more runs of different vigor bottles (Bucking Bronco, etc), here's hoping their more mass produced and at lower price point, so every Infinite fan can display a vigor bottle on their mantle piece!

@MortalMonday, Should check out MagicMaker's display for his vigor bottle really well done in this thread - http://forums.2kgames.com/showthread...shock-Displays , maybe message him for some ideas, sure he wouldn't mind.

Precarious Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by riculf View Post
    $500 is a steal for the MoC Bottle for 2 reasons:1. There are only going to be 400 of this limited run(granted we don't know how many were given out in swag) 2. It is signed by all the creative geniuses behind the infinite if not the entire series.
    If you have ever been to a Con you know you pay for signatures. Given that most signatures these days run from 60$-120$(depending on the celeb) let's break it down: Say the bottle was 250$/ you are only paying roughly 62.50$ for each of their signatures.
    So, I say again, a steal... now to go rob a bank and buy one of these bad boys/girls...
    I go to PAX East and PAX Prime yearly, and we do NOT pay for signatures at PAX. Comic Con is different, seeing as you pay for everything but at PAX, all I've ever paid for is my badge, hotel, and food.

And speaking as someone who also already has a bottle (numbered 1 on the bottom) I know how badly people want them. I was extremely lucky to know someone who was willing to send me one. In NO way am I gloating that I have one. If anything, I'm still upset there are so many people that can't get them.

Quote Originally Posted by Precarious View Post
    I go to PAX East and PAX Prime yearly, and we do NOT pay for signatures at PAX. Comic Con is different, seeing as you pay for everything but at PAX, all I've ever paid for is my badge, hotel, and food.

And speaking as someone who also already has a bottle (numbered 1 on the bottom) I know how badly people want them. I was extremely lucky to know someone who was willing to send me one. In NO way am I gloating that I have one. If anything, I'm still upset there are so many people that can't get them.
    I think Riculf's point was signatures just enhance the value of the item they go on, even if you/yourself did not pay for the signature. As soon as it's on the bottle it or other merchandise the value goes up. Someone may have gotten blank bottle than took it to a free signing, got it signed and it immediately goes up by a certain amount.

As a Bioshock collector I too understand how badly people want them, as I've been looking myself to get one -- time and time again my attempts have led to failure whether on the charity ebay auctions, the raffle at the party after NYCC, or this past Pax East Cosplay contest. At the end of the day it's not something worth getting upset over.

That's what pains me the most, I don't want a signed bottle I just want a regular bottle. From what I saw the signatures are on the bottom, so I wouldn't enjoy glancing up and seeing the names unless I hang the bottle upside down. Since I wouldn't plan to resell the bottle at a higher price later on anyway, the signatures don't mean that much.

It's a valid point, one has to see whether or not spending that money is worth it, if they don't care about the autographs,but even the non-autographed I've seen them sell in the 400-750 on ebay. The least I've seen one go far was 400 and change and that was after I.G store tease of the MOC bottle image coming soon. Personally, I don't mind them on the bottom, as you know they are there if you want to show them to someone you can. I hear what your saying though about them not being visible.

I forget which one it was think it may have been the charity Japan one which had the autographs along the side of the bottle for the most part and it looked pretty good like that. The animal auction had one autograph on the face of the crow and that did not look that good in my opinion. So I guess the base is the safest place without potentially marring the design in the people's view who would be interested in buying it.

I understand that Felonious but we both know that people on eBay like to overprice things. I'm pretty sure that $100-$200 dollars less would make more people pull the trigger sans the signatures. I know exclusivity and what not but I would assume that the real supplier wouldn't gouge their customers as the scalpers on eBay do.

Also I think I saw that one and yeah it looked kind of messy. I imagined it would've been signed neatly on the lower part of the bottle not just all over. I don't know though, it's just something about charging for an autograph that rubs me the wrong way, like the anniversary lithos.

It'd be a total dbag move but I'm almost tempted to buy a few bottles and see how much I can get for them later. I know someone that resells stuff on ebay almost as a second job and they do quite well with it. Couple minutes worth of effort + some shipping and handling later on and you could make $1000 profit easy doing it with 3 or so bottles from what people are saying. Ah well, just thinking outloud.

They probably set the price at $500 to stem that very possibility. At $500, I'm sure it'll make people think twice about trying to flip them. I mean, that's a huge risk if you think about it. Who's to say they won't come down in value over time. It's a risk/reward thing, and the risk is just crazy high here. That's just my opinion though.

So I just came home and much to my surprise, there was a nifty looking package at my door. You know what time it is!

He's finally home, and I believe this may be the first time these two have ever been pictured together:

I can't imagine that too many people are blessed with both figures in their collection. Outside of Irrational Games staff members, there must only be a handful of us out there with both figures. Thank you Irrational Games for making this happen!

I do have to mention that it is tough to get the figure properly rested on the base. In fact, I was not able to properly rest the figure on the base at all. You can see in the first pic how the left foot is not flush on the base. Therefore, I doubt I'll be able to display the figure any time soon. That's not to say that it's not possible to rest the figure flush in place on the base. With a bit of muscle and elbow grease, it may be possible; but there was no way I was taking the chance. I was afraid it might break if I tried.

The hand that's holding the club also comes separately and it too is tough to rest properly in the wrist socket. I had to add a piece of napkin as a buffer to hold the hand tightly in place. Other than that though, it really is a great piece.

Lamentably though, all is not as well as it should be. I also got some posters and they arrived terribly damaged. They're so far gone, that there's really nothing at all that I can do with them except trash them. What really grinds my gears is the fact that most (if not all) of the damage occurred while they were being packed for shipping. It's almost as though whoever rolled them, went out of his way to make sure the posters had as many creases in them before placing them in the tube. The posters were also placed in the tube in a manner that I've never seen before. The posters were partly wrapped in bubblewrap, then placed in the tube. The idea, I suppose is that the posters would have an added layer of protection within the tube. Sadly, however, I'm pretty sure the bubblewrap actually did harm in this case.

I was also bummed to see that the poster tube that was used to ship the posters is not the sturdiest of tubes.
    I wish they would use sturdy, crush-proof tubes. I'm willing to pay a premium for a sturdy, crush-proof tube IG!
    Please stop shooting yourselves in the foot and stop cutting corners! Sturdy tube, craftpaper, and careful packing/rolling technique is all you need! Make it happen IG! You're better than this!
    Last edited by MortalMonday; 05-31-2012 at 05:42 PM.

That sucks. The lamest part about that is creasing doesn't happen over time. Whoever wrapped that knew immediately what happened and shipped it anyway.

I know it's not optimal (and I would be bummed too) but you can fix the creases. Slap a towel over the top of the poster and iron on top of the towel. It should help relax the page and straighten out the paper. Let it dry out before putting it in a frame and that will help save things, hopefully!

Aside from the creases you see there, there are other heavier creases that have left some permanent crumples in the paper. Also, there's a nasty stains on one of the posters as well. I don't even know how they managed to stain the poster, but they did. I emailed customer service. Hopefully they can replace them for me.

One other thing you all should know is that the Bucking Bronco poster is actually a numbered limited edition. For some reason, they neglected to add that info on the product description. Limited to 300 total prints. Best to snag one before they're all gone. It really is a stunning piece. If only mine had arrived in good condition

Like MortalMonday, i too have ordered the Andrew Ryan figure and eagerly awaits with butterflies in the stomach feeling. Can MortalMonday or senior members here assure me what kind of packaging it arrives in? Um seeing what had happened with the posters/art prints to MortalMonday it does concern me very much.

what's difference between me and other fans/collectors is i don't usually re-sell back the item(s) for more money than original paid for or if at all. Having said that, yes i do worry sometimes when i purchased an item; i do worry about lost in the mail, or it arrives in damage condition. One example would be the Ninja Gaiden 3 Collector's Edition. The sword had broken off. Not anything to fuzz about, but it would be nice to have the centerpiece as whole.

If only mine had arrived in good condition
    Contact Irrational. I'm sure they'd be willing to remedy the problem. If you bought something that was damaged due to poor packaging/shipping you're more than within your right to get a replacement/refund.

Damn, that was fast, MortalMonday!

Sorry to hear about the posters. It wasn't Irrational that packaged them that way, it was the fulfillment company that handles the store. They definitely need to replace those items. The Take-Two store has a Jekyll and Hyde history as far as packing quality goes. Some of us receive posters in bomb-proof tubes, wrapped with loving care...and others receive posters that are stomped flat and then crammed into a toilet paper tube. On the bright side, replacement stock is still available.

Thanks for the info about the Bronco print. If it's a limited edition, that's important to know!
    Last edited by japester; 05-31-2012 at 11:30 PM.

I wasn't able to keep the booker/liz spotlight poster at PAX EAST. I didn't bring a poster tube :*(

MortalMonday - dude, that sucks.

He's finally home, and I believe this may be the first time these two have ever been pictured together:

I need one of those Sander Cohens, I have wanted one for many, many years and everytime I see one of them I have trouble sleeping for a couple of days.

OnTopic: I ordered a Andrew Ryan-figure also, $100 for figure + $72.06 for shipping, customs and taxes to Sweden. Some things in life is not fair, customs / extra taxes being two of them.

Quote Originally Posted by gamertam View Post
    Like MortalMonday, i too have ordered the Andrew Ryan figure and eagerly awaits with butterflies in the stomach feeling. Can MortalMonday or senior members here assure me what kind of packaging it arrives in? Um seeing what had happened with the posters/art prints to MortalMonday it does concern me very much.

what's difference between me and other fans/collectors is i don't usually re-sell back the item(s) for more money than original paid for or if at all. Having said that, yes i do worry sometimes when i purchased an item; i do worry about lost in the mail, or it arrives in damage condition. One example would be the Ninja Gaiden 3 Collector's Edition. The sword had broken off. Not anything to fuzz about, but it would be nice to have the centerpiece as whole.
    I think your figure will more than likely arrive safe and sound. The figure is sandwiched safely between two pieces of Styrofoam, and then placed in a plain white cardboard box. The packaging is pretty much identical to the Murder of Crows bottle packaging. The Styrofoam is rather flimsy actually, but it should still be good enough to protect the statue adequately.
    Last edited by MortalMonday; 06-01-2012 at 05:32 AM.

MortalMonday, have you contacted customer service regarding your damaged posters? Please let me know so that we can get this addressed. Thanks!

I got my woven chain shirt today, but was disappointed to find out just how incredibly small it was! It says "slim fit" in the description, but this is like a size S for any normal person.

I'm a bit huskier, but by no means FAT, so I figured, "I'll order an XXL." I have a Mass Effect N7 woven shirt that is made by the same company, and that fits me beautifully, so I figured this would be the same. Nope. Can't wear this at all. I checked the garment, and it definitely says XXL, so that just must be the way they are.

Shame because I love the look of it. Apparently it's only made for people who are 5'3" and weigh 90 pounds.

[Edit] Upon closer inspection, the TAG on the shirt actually says "large"! I double-checked it against my Mass Effect woven XXL, and that tag states the correct size. The printed-on size says XXL, but it's clear from the tag the shirt is actually the wrong size. I'm thinking I should contact customer service...

I got my bottle today. It is absolutely beautiful. Now don't get me wrong, I'm still not happy about forking over 5 big ones for it, but I'm very, very pleased with the piece nonetheless; and I do feel lucky to have one. By the way, this is bottle #399 and the store appears to be sold out now. Congrats to everyone that got one!

My one gripe (if any) would be that the bottom of the bottle is kind of trashed. It's really dirty and all scratched up and the signatures are kind of worn if you get my meaning. For all I know though, it's supposed to have that weathered look.

Beautiful photo, MM!

Tell me you weren't shocked by the heft when you picked it up for the first time.

I'm sorry to see them sell out so quickly, even at the beefy price point. Stock must have been very, very limited.

@MortalMonday - Sorry to hear about the posters, but sure customer service will make right. You seem to have gotten your stuff very quickly did you pick one of the faster shipping methods or perhaps just live close to where they are shipping the stuff from?

As far as the Ryan statue to get everything to sit perfectly I krazy glued the arm and Ryan to the base to make sure everything fit right, have had no issues whatsoever for year, probably the way to go unless you plan on taking him apart. I remember it even coming with a note saying that is the way to at least attach the arm. Great photos, not the first picture of Cohen and Ryan statues in the same pic but def the best one of them close up!

Still waiting for my order, anyone else order's show up yet?

I picked the cheapest shipping method. I probably just live close to the distribution center. Everything arrived next day! Awesome! I'll let you all know what happens with respect to the damaged posters.

Well I think my family will have to go without groceries this month Not really of course but that thing is epic! If it were in my means I think I would have to go for it.

Quote Originally Posted by IGlegacy_Felonious View Post
    Still waiting for my order, anyone else order's show up yet?
    I got a confirmation-mail for my order on thursday but it hasn't shipped yet, picked DHL Express shipping.
    They are probably very busy with handling many orders I guess..

Quote Originally Posted by japester View Post
    Beautiful photo, MM!

Tell me you weren't shocked by the heft when you picked it up for the first time.

I'm sorry to see them sell out so quickly, even at the beefy price point. Stock must have been very, very limited.
    The quality of the piece is out-of-this-world good. It's quite clear they spared no expense. The sculpt is downright stunning; and the paint job is really brilliant; and indeed, the materials used in the construction of the piece are of the highest order, so it does in fact have that nice weight about it. It just feels like a well crafted, quality piece when you hold it in your hands. This thing just oozes class. Make no mistake about it, this is not your run of the mill videogame-related collectable.

Bring on the Bucking Bronco vigor please! I just figured out how I could afford the MOC bottle, and it appeards to be sold out! I knew I should've just bought one asap.

I am patiently waiting for my order to arrive.

Omg omg omg omg...I'm slow on the uptake as I just realized the store was open. Thank the lord that I already had a MoC because I would have killed myself if I'd missed it. I can't believe that the Ryan figures hadn't sold out as I've been looking for one desperately for soooo long. Thank you soooo much IG!! I'm not even going to complain about the international postage costs lol

Wow..so many things I want to buy...his is getting dangerous...and I'm home all alone with the credit card....:O

I really hope they release numbered screenprints of these images:

Japester~ I see your point, I don't like the idea of someone charging for their signature, but I see why they do it in a sense. For instance, I wanted an Elvira signature last Dragon*Con and instead of paying 60$+ I took a picture with her in the background signing. Ps~ embalming fluid is doing wonders for her skin. But for her it is a living I guess. I think that is incredible of them not to charge because I would have been a fan asking how much as well. I gotta say you would have been my best friend that day. Thank you for touching base with me on the subject btw. I learned something new and found a new respect(among many) for this company/ associates.

Still waiting for the Ryan figure arrives. Damn MortalMonday got his/her super fast. I'll upload an unboxing video when i got it. There were two methods of shipping: UPS & USPS available at check out, both above $12 us dollars each. How long does it takes to ship something using USPS shipping method?

Quote Originally Posted by gamertam View Post
    Still waiting for the Ryan figure arrives. Damn MortalMonday got his/her super fast. I'll upload an unboxing video when i got it. There were two methods of shipping: UPS & USPS available at check out, both above $12 us dollars each. How long does it takes to ship something using USPS shipping method?
    Above $12 each.....man international postage is crazy expensive. Cost me $75 to get it posted here. I was so paranoid about missing out (that kinda thing happens to me) that I later placed a second order so got shafted with 2 uber expensive postage costs. Oh well - the merchandise is so awesome that I couldn't resist it. So wrapped with IG making it all available.

Hanging on it all to arrive. Did anyone else buy heaps of stuff?

An update on my orders, I placed two orders on the same day.

First one came Monday Night, Bucking Bronco poster came in great shape and looks great. The Welcome to Rapture T-Shirt fits and looks great. Haven't worn my black I.G Shirt will probably do that tomorrow and actually like the Bioshock hat more than I thought I would. The MOC bottle came in great shape and will find time to display it this weekend!

My second order is due to arrive later today. Also I was curious about my orders so I contacted the store about them over the weekend and they got back to be first thing Monday with the tracking numbers and when to expect the orders.

I give it to all those who paid the high shipping to other countries, I was bit irked at having to pay NY sales tax but that is life!

I know some talk on the price of signatures and collectibles have come, their is an excellent show called Hollywood Treasure (second season just started) on Syfy on Tuesdays at 10 pm. They find collectibles from Hollywood films and shows and put them up at auction fascinating show really. First show this season a pair of the ruby slippers from the Wizard of OZ (4 known to exist) went for 2 million, a camera used to film Star Wars went for 500k (which even the auctioneer thought was nuts cause it wasn't even in the film), and something like rubber prop guns from that bad Tomb Raider went for 6k. Everything with a name or signature makes the price and value go up up up.

@Mortal Monday, I agree those images would make some nice prints, especially the MOC one to go with all those who have a bottle!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast