Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Irrational Games Store is Now Open For Business!

CAW CAW, it's baaaack...

Edit: Gone!
    Last edited by Azeru; 06-07-2012 at 10:43 AM.

Hey Felonious - if it's not too much trouble, could you post some photos of the cap? I'm curious about what the back looks like.

I think it would be really awesome if Irrational had a coffee-table book about the making of their games. An "Art of Irrational" or "History of Irrational Games" I think would be really cool to have.

Quote Originally Posted by 9ice View Post
    I think it would be really awesome if Irrational had a coffee-table book about the making of their games. An "Art of Irrational" or "History of Irrational Games" I think would be really cool to have.
    While I would soak up something like that--a visual history of Irrational Games--I wonder if there would be widespread appeal? When a lot of fans talk about how much they love Irrational, they are referring exclusively to BioShock. They haven't played the Freedom Force games, or SWAT 4, or any of their other titles. I suppose the safer bet would be a reprint of the Developer's Art Book for BioShock. That was sweet.

And good catch on the MoC bottles, Azeru! More stock is a good thing.

That's an interesting point, I guess the response to that would be that having an art book for all of Irrational's games could potentially open up a fan who is only familiar with the Bioshock franchise to the Irrational legacy games. Again, I don't know how many people would actually buy that, but I sure would.

I know the MOC is cool as hell, but how are the Ryan figurines still in stock when they are a fifth the price and less of them were made. I am really surprised!

Mine arrived today but I wasn't home so I have to pick it up at the depot. I placed the order, what 3 days ago and it's arrived in Australia - that's express alright. Now I see why it cost so much lol

Can't wait for the second order to arrive as well. Did anyone else buy the messenger bag? I reckon it looks awesome and I was just looking for something like that as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Azeru View Post
    ....and gone again! *whoosh*

@Knight Carver
    The edition sizes really don't mean anything since we don't know how many of each were actually put up for sale. Plus, there might be factors such as new game (MoC) versus old game (Ryan) affecting demand. Even though I collect figures and statues, the Ryan and Cohen figures never really spoke to me. Yet the vigor bottle captivated me the first time I saw it last year. Who knows?

@Azeru, here's two pics of the cap. The Cap is basic flex fit hat if you have any of those already you know what to expect. It's a really solid black and the Bioshock in white pops off it and its comfortable to wear.

http://s1094.photobucket.com/albums/...t=IMG_0560.jpg
    http://s1094.photobucket.com/albums/...t=IMG_0561.jpg

As far as hats, would love to see a black painter's cap with the I.G logo on it to go with the shirt like this Rockstar cap I have which I like alot - https://www.rockstarwarehouse.com/Pr...AP-PAINTERS-NV

@Japester & @9ice - a reprint of the developer's art book would be great for fans. I think an I.G company/games specific book could work too. I have a few book's which feature art from many game's some of which I have never played. They have been releasing art and information though on irrationalgames.com so much of that can be found.

@KnightCarver, I think many fan's not being aware of the store could be an issue. A question about the size of the figures moved to off topic drew some people in it not knowing about the figure or store. I wonder how many of both MOC and Ryan are going to be available. As far as the Ryan and Cohen figures not speaking to Japester, he must be afflicted with madness!

@Japester - I know what you mean - there may have been 5 MOC compared to 100 Ryan for sale, but I still would have expected them to both sell. 200 worldwide is a tiny amount in the scheme of things - so I just expected them to be snapped up immediately. Glad they weren't as I would have missed out lol Probably true about the new vs old as well playing a part.

@Felonius - lol I'm with you. Don't get how anyone could not crave the Cohen and Ryan figurines - though I must admit, the MOC bottle is gorgeous and I'd say I spent more time trying to acquire that one than the other two. Glad someone posted some pics of the hat - I ordered 2 of them as I thought they were pretty brilliant as well.

On a slightly different note, I used to pretty addicted to buying Collector's Editions. Now that IG has opened this store, I really have to rethink my strategy. At this stage, I think i'm only going CE for Bioshock releases (and probably GTA). That leaves me more disposable income to spend at IG!!

Please forgive, i just can't folk over $500 + us dollars for a MoC bottle; and yes it does look impressive. Being (technically) un-employ does limited to what you can buy and can't buy. Sure i'm willing to look at the IG store for other items. But with my first item order hadn't arrived yet it does gives me a second thought about buying again. Whether it's here, there or anywhere for that matter.

question: where's the fans that once flooded these boards? are they still interested?...better yet are they still interested in the franchise(Bioshock) as they did once before. Well either way, i'm still here. Though, I may not post as much in this forum. What i lack, i continues to contribute in other ways.

Assassin's Creed III really is on my mind big time, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by gamertam View Post
    question: where's the fans that once flooded these boards? are they still interested?...better yet are they still interested in the franchise(Bioshock) as they did once before. Well either way, i'm still here. Though, I may not post as much in this forum. What i lack, i continues to contribute in other ways
    That's the $64,000 question.

It doesn't help that we got notified of a launch delay, plus a PR blackout (or slowdown), plus a shakeup of the forum all in the same week. Any one of those would cause a temporary drop in activity. I don't think it's any indication of overall interest.

I wouldn't worry about your order not arriving just yet. MortalMonday simply got his freakishly fast. I'd give them at least a week before I got nervous.

I wouldn't worry too much - they may be here and not posting (there aren't too many interesting topics at the moment that I've seen). I mean, look at me, I'm yet to hit 300 posts and I registered almost 5 years ago :P

I also picked up all my goodies today - the Ryan statue is awesome - way bigger than I was expecting and the detail is really impressive. The caps are very cool as well.

Now I have to go buy more frames for the posters etc that came...
    Last edited by Knight Carver; 06-08-2012 at 08:39 PM.

Woohoo yeah more money goes out the door....

Quote Originally Posted by MortalMonday View Post
    Considering the lofty price tag, I'm thinking that the Murder of Crows bottles must be from the same original run of bottles. Which then, as was mentioned by japester, must mean that they only have a handful of bottles in stock.

Still, I wish they would bring the price down a bit. $500 is just too much. If they could bring it down to $300, I would pull the trigger in a heartbeat.

On another note, I am definitely looking forward to more Bioshock Infinite lithographs. The 15 year anniversary litho they have up now is nice, but it's a bit too static, if you get my meaning. Hopefully they churn out some killer pieces in the future.

I also hope they decide to release more propaganda posters. I like this one, for instance:
    I LOVE that one, oh yeah it's mine. Hehe!

I do like that one as well. That said, if you look at the propaganda posters for sale, they are relatively docile in nature - this kind of poster could be interpreted as being inflammatory. I'd be surprised to see it for sale. I do hope they put more vigor bottles up for sale at some point though!

Precarious Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Magicmaker View Post
    I LOVE that one, oh yeah it's mine. Hehe!

I'd definitely buy that. I'm amazed that it's not for sale. Maybe it'll come with the LE? One can hope....

Considering how innocuous comments get plastered across the news, taken completely out of context, and result in huge public outrage, I don't find it too surprising that images like that one haven't been released as posters. I suspect 2K and/or IG want to avoid the inevitable backlash.

Maybe once the game comes out, and they can point to images like this in context, they might see the light of day. I dearly hope so. It's a powerful image.

Quote Originally Posted by Knight Carver View Post
    I know the MOC is cool as hell, but how are the Ryan figurines still in stock when they are a fifth the price and less of them were made. I am really surprised!
    Same here, I really don't get it. I bought one and was actually pretty proud and happy over getting one (thinking "it will be gone in a couple of hours tops!") but it's still available.. what?

The interest for Bioshock 1- and Bioshock 2-items is apparantly low, which is bad because that means that they will stop making and selling merch and collectables. :/

I bought myself and Andrew Ryan statue, which is the one thing my collection has sorely been missing since I started bringing it together. To those of you who have gotten it, is the number on the bottom of the base the number it was made? The website didn't say anything about them being numbered editions, if I remember correctly, but the one I have and the one my friend has are two different numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Donut232 View Post
    I bought myself and Andrew Ryan statue, which is the one thing my collection has sorely been missing since I started bringing it together. To those of you who have gotten it, is the number on the bottom of the base the number it was made? The website didn't say anything about them being numbered editions, if I remember correctly, but the one I have and the one my friend has are two different numbers.
    Last time i saw. It was said to have a limited to 200 pieces. I can assure you, my number is 177. Well within the 200 mark. I'd made a youtube unboxing video. Yes, the statue arrives in the mail today. Having seen it, touch it and hold it. It is very nice. There's weights to it too. It's not some cheap plastic at all. It's resin; the figure and the base.

Thank You 2K/Irrational Games, i'll be looking for more from the site. The link below will take you to my channel and its video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PC8UR...&feature=g-upl

I assume they are numbered yes, mine is number 150 :-)

Quote Originally Posted by ElecTriX View Post
    I assume they are numbered yes, mine is number 150 :-)
    Great number - I think mine was 165. And yep, the statue is awesome as. Bigger than I expected as well.

How did people go with mounting it on the base and with the arm? It took me a while to get the feet into the base as it didn't fit perfectly..but I can manage it without risk of breakage. The arm though doesn't hold, I'll have to either glue or fold some paper and slip it in there.

Quote Originally Posted by Knight Carver View Post
    Great number - I think mine was 165. And yep, the statue is awesome as. Bigger than I expected as well.

How did people go with mounting it on the base and with the arm? It took me a while to get the feet into the base as it didn't fit perfectly..but I can manage it without risk of breakage. The arm though doesn't hold, I'll have to either glue or fold some paper and slip it in there.
    Crazy glue for the arm and base and I've had no problem with my Ryan for a year, don't think I would trust anything else to keep it secure.

Interesting... Then that means I have number 1 haha

Thanks for the info though guys. And gamer is right, these statues are an amazing quality, and as I said in my previous post in this thread, this is exactly what I've been missing and wanting since NECA started making figures. I'm very happy to have it, so thanks to Irrational for making them, and I'd love to see more things like it in the future.

As for connecting his hand to his arm, I just put a drop of hot glue in there. Nice stury hold, and I can take it apart if I need to safely transport it.

I suppose one other option, for those leery of using any type of glue, is museum putty. There are several formulations (putty, gel, etc), but they are all used to secure items that you may wish to move later. Toy collectors use it to stabilize figures that may fall over, without damaging the paint. I used it to secure the arms of my Darkness II statue, since they had zero friction holding them in. No problems whatsoever. And the couple of times I needed to box it back up for transport, the arms easily came off with a little pressure.

Thanks for the suggestion Japester - that's perfect!!! I'll have to get some. That way i can also put it on the base of things just to make sure they don't topple over.

Vote for what you want to see in the Irrational Games Store!
    http://www.facebook.com/questions/257443997702263/

Voted!

Posters! And more posters! The crazier the better!

For your consideration:
    --Dig Daddy & Little Sister plushies. Not the Neca ones. Already have 'em.
    --the George Washington propaganda poster.

Plushie dolls like this one:

Ezioplushies

I hate facebook polls, means I have to bother my gf to vote on her account! Give me everything except like mugs!

31. Quote Originally Posted by IGlegacy_Felonious View Post
    I hate facebook polls, means I have to bother my gf to vote on her account! Give me everything except like mugs!
    Combination Sander Cohen cigarette lighter and Pez dispenser.

Just out of curiosity. I went onto IrrationalGames store and the Andrew Ryan figurine is not listed. Has it been all sold out?. While there are two Andrew Ryan listing on Ebay going pretty high. In respect, i could never see myself selling my Andrew Ryan. Oh why i post? i haven't lurking here in awhile for one and two the Bioshock Infinite Artbook. If confirm the price at $40 U.S dollars. You've got a potential buyer...me.

Quote Originally Posted by gamertam View Post
    Just out of curiosity. I went onto IrrationalGames store and the Andrew Ryan figurine is not listed. Has it been all sold out?. While there are two Andrew Ryan listing on Ebay going pretty high. In respect, i could never see myself selling my Andrew Ryan. Oh why i post? i haven't lurking here in awhile for one and two the Bioshock Infinite Artbook. If confirm the price at $40 U.S dollars. You've got a potential buyer...me.
    Hi there. Yeah, I'm pretty sure they are sold out. I've been checking the store almost daily in case something new comes up. I recall seeing them in stock for a while and then they just didn't show any more. The same with the Crows. Since they won't be making any more, you may be stuck trying to obtain one from someone that decides to sell. They weren't cheap in the first place and I know it cost me another $70 on top for postage.

There doesn't seem to be any contact info on the store page about where I can get someone to help me... I tried purchasing the Songbird edition, but the page told me the transaction was declined, but my bank says it's still pending, and looks like it's going to go through... I really want the Songbird edition, but I don't want to buy two on accident. Please help?

Quote Originally Posted by Kitten View Post
    There doesn't seem to be any contact info on the store page about where I can get someone to help me... I tried purchasing the Songbird edition, but the page told me the transaction was declined, but my bank says it's still pending, and looks like it's going to go through... I really want the Songbird edition, but I don't want to buy two on accident. Please help?
    Don't worry. I assume no charges will actually go through until the game launches, like most pre-orders. And once a store makes an inquiry against your credit card, it's not uncommon for it to sit there as "pending" until it drops off in a day or two.

If you look way down at the bottom of the store page, the last link is "Contact". You can open a support ticket there:
    http://support.2k.com/anonymous_requests/new

You can also PM IG.Ratana, and he'll be happy to look into it for you. This being the weekend, I assume the support ticket may be faster.

And I'm blind... thank you!

I had the same problem Kitten, I think it might be an issue with the site store itself. I contacted 2k support and they were very prompt with helping me. My card didn't go through and they said the charge would drop off in a day or 2 and it did in one day. Then I just went and pre-orderd from Amazon. I also tried to use paypal on the store which was not working. But i'm sure they will correct these things. It wasn't my card as it works fine on other sites. Just thought I'd tell you my experience to help alleviate concerns on getting a double order. Hope you enjoy your Ultimate Edition when it comes out I know I will.

the items looks really good, but there's sadly no uk currency transfer : (

Looks like some new shirts for Infinite as well as a keychain are now available , looks like a hat to come soon - https://store.irrationalgames.com/Ca...aspx?c=Apparel

Hello! I have a question about the Columbia Freight Messenger Bag. As of today (or even earlier, I'm not really sure) it has been taken from the site apparently. I just wanted to ask if it will ever be put up for purchase or will it be unavailable from now on? I have been eyeing it for quite some time and had already made some plans on buying it. Thank you and best regards from Finland!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast