Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Report issues here

You just need a higher vertical resolution. Starships seems to cope with aspect ratios fine, just needs more vertical size than the monitor has, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by SamBC View Post
    You just need a higher vertical resolution. Starships seems to cope with aspect ratios fine, just needs more vertical size than the monitor has, I think.
    First of all, thanks to everyone!
    I found a very strange trick. The game open itself in full-screen. Than i change in non full-screen, and then change again into full screen...after these strange steps the game show all things correctly!!
    Incredible but it's true!

Quote Originally Posted by GeneraleKutuzov View Post
    First of all, thanks to everyone!
    I found a very strange trick. The game open itself in full-screen. Than i change in non full-screen, and then change again into full screen...after these strange steps the game show all things correctly!!
    Incredible but it's true!
    Then you might be happy to know that the shortcut to going fullscreen and back is F11
    “If you are involved in a game, everything ends up being a set of trade-offs. Anything in a game is a sacrifice of things not in the game.” --Gabe Newell

Playing Firaxis games and helping out in the Official 2K Forums!
    My Blog: donald23.nl
    Steam profile: donald23

Quote Originally Posted by donald23 View Post
    Then you might be happy to know that the shortcut to going fullscreen and back is F11
    Yeah!! Thanks, is more practical...i didn't knew

I played about 20-30 games and until now I have faced a very standard situation (Any difficulty, map size, victory conditions settings I have tried).

The AI will declare war on me within 3 turns of meeting it. Even if there is no way for it to win or even if my planets are defensive bunkers. I feel like always playing in "eternal war" mode. Is there something I should know? I haven't lost yet to the AI, crushed them each time. But it's a bit annoying.

I've considered this an issue since it's abnormal.
    Thanks

Wow, I've virtually never been declared war on.

I have just purchased starships on my iPad a1458 (4th gen) the game loads up but there is no sound, I have tried changing the settings in game but to no avail. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated, cheers.

Make sure your master volume is not dialled back to Mute? That does over-ride in-game sound settings, at least with my iPad Air and other games.
    -- Sean ... SteamID: GM Pax
    CPU AMD FX-8350 (8x4.00GHz); GPU NVidia GTX 970 (4GB) by EVGA; RAM 16GB DDR3-1600;
    System Drive Intel 520 SSD (240GB); Data Drive WD Green (3TB); Sound ASUS Xonar DSX.

Hopefully bugs go in in this thread as well. If not apologies and free to move this.

I'm playing the PC version.
    Game settings: Tutorial on, Harmony, Fielding, 2 opponents, medium map, Easy, All victories.

What I presume is a Bug => I attack Barre's Home World, defeat him, and all my Defense Bots everywhere have vanished.
    ...... I tested the battle again to see if it was repeatable, it was. [the test was done from a different computer]

Here is a description below. I have the saves pertaining to this bug if you would like them.

Barre declares war and has allied with Kozlov. I have never had any contact with Kozlov.
    I park my ship on a Knowledge World bordered by both of them [I have 3 influence here and will take shore Leave to gain the 4th]
    I build 1 Defense bot on a Planet in my Federation bordered by AI player Barre
    I build 1 Defense Bot on a Planet bordered by both the 2 AI players (Barre & Kozlov)
    My Home World has the original 3 Defense Bots the game started me with
    I save the game
    Then I press the Shore Leave button

Barre moves to a Structure Planet 1 turn from his Home World where I have 3 influence and parks there
    I see Kozlov's ships head to the East (I cannot see what is out there)

It's my turn again and I save the game and exit to the desktop

Start Starships and Load the save [everything is still as above]
    I attack Barre's Home World with my 3 ships
    Barre defends with his 2 ships & 3 Defense Bots
    Barre gets his ass kicked and is out of the game
    Barre's Home World and the Planet he had taken shore leave on join my federation.
    I save the game and exit to the desktop

Ready to play again
    Start Starships and Load the save
    ==> All my Defense Bots everywhere are gone. <==

Ubbax
    "I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use." - Galileo

Cannot launch game. CTD after a few seconds of intro vid.

System Information
    ------------------
    Time of this report: 3/26/2015, 08:59:51
    Machine name: POTATO-PC
    Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.150202-1526)
    Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
    System Manufacturer: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
    System Model: To be filled by O.E.M.
    BIOS: BIOS Date: 08/22/12 20:32:54 Ver: 04.06.05
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2500K CPU @ 3.30GHz (4 CPUs), ~5.9GHz
    Memory: 16384MB RAM
    Available OS Memory: 16344MB RAM
    Page File: 4674MB used, 28013MB available
    Windows Dir: C:\Windows
    DirectX Version: DirectX 11
    DX Setup Parameters: Not found
    User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
    System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
    DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
    DxDiag Version: 6.01.7601.17514 32bit Unicode

------------
    DxDiag Notes
    ------------
    Display Tab 1: No problems found.
    Display Tab 2: No problems found.
    Sound Tab 1: No problems found.
    Sound Tab 2: No problems found.
    Sound Tab 3: No problems found.
    Input Tab: No problems found.

--------------------
    DirectX Debug Levels
    --------------------
    Direct3D: 0/4 (retail)
    DirectDraw: 0/4 (retail)
    DirectInput: 0/5 (retail)
    DirectMusic: 0/5 (retail)
    DirectPlay: 0/9 (retail)
    DirectSound: 0/5 (retail)
    DirectShow: 0/6 (retail)

---------------
    Display Devices
    ---------------
    Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760
    Manufacturer: NVIDIA
    Chip type: GeForce GTX 760
    DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
    Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_1187&SUBSYS_27653842&REV_A1
    Display Memory: 4038 MB
    Dedicated Memory: 1990 MB
    Shared Memory: 2048 MB
    Current Mode: 2560 x 1600 (32 bit) (60Hz)
    Monitor Name: HP LP3065 Wide LCD Monitor
    Monitor Model: HP LP3065
    Monitor Id: HWP2690
    Native Mode: 2560 x 1600(p) (59.860Hz)
    Output Type: DVI
    Driver Name: nvd3dumx.dll,nvwgf2umx.dll,nvwgf2umx.dll,nvd3dum,n vwgf2um,nvwgf2um
    Driver File Version: 9.18.0013.4788 (English)
    Driver Version: 9.18.13.4788
    DDI Version: 11
    Driver Model: WDDM 1.1
    Driver Attributes: Final Retail
    Driver Date/Size: 3/13/2015 14:41:47, 17258024 bytes

Issues I'm having with the Steam version on PC;
    -Intro video crashes every single time unless I disable steam overlay or hurriedly click through it.
    -Victory videos crash the game as well, every single time, with steam overlay and clicking making no difference.
    -Non-victory related achievements do not seem to work whatsoever on Steam?

Some achievements don't fire if you've set the victory option to anything other than "all". It's not clear if this is intentional.

Minor bug with the Convergent Light Wonder

A few times now I have built the Convergent Light Wonder and noticed the following:

Select a ship equipped with Lasers and target an Enemy Ship through some Asteroid fields.
    In the Information box displaying Positives and Negatives for your shot (upper right hand corner of the screen)
    -> The text line which would display the Penalty for Firing through Asteroids no longer displays.

The game appears to still apply the damage reduction for firing through Asteroid fields.

I'm playing the Steam PC version of Starships on Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit.
    Game settings in this case seem to be irrelevant

I've noticed quite often the Red Penalties over individual Asteroid Fields often add up differently than the dialogue box Text Line states.

Ubbax
    John Lennon said it best, "Enjoying wasting time isn't time wasted."

Playing PC version and achievements are not working. It had been stated elsewhere that if you select Domination (which I did) victory you will lock out most achievements. I've completed the following achievements with no credit:

Upgraded my lasers
    Use a jump gate during battle
    Brought a planet into my empire
    Repaired a critical hit during battle
    Defeated the pirate planet
    Upgradeded population on earth like planet
    Built 5 galactic wonders
    Have 4 fighters in the map
    Research tech to level 4
    Take over an enemies home planet

Very frustrating to do all of this and not get credit

Update 1.3 released for the iOS version today broke the 'my2K' button on the main screen. Tapping it does nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterio View Post
    Update 1.3 released for the iOS version today broke the 'my2K' button on the main screen. Tapping it does nothing.
    This is no longer an issue.

So, is anyone else having having issues with not being able to save their games on PC? Because as it is, I have to play an entire game through in one sitting, which is a little problematic.

I have no problem saving the game: use the menu top right of game screen.

I don't know where the save files (or whether the game autosaves) are stored on my computer. I posted a question about save files location on civfanatics, but have not received any replies. But, when I start the game up again, there is a "Continue" option which I click on which brings me back to where I was in the game. IF the game autosaves, then it should do the same, I suspect.

The lack of documentation on save files, at least that I have been able to find, is a serious omission for this game. IMHO.

Assuming your game is installed on your C drive, the Saved Games are located in:

C:\Users\YourWindowsUsername\AppData\Local\Sid Meier's Starships

-HM

There is a known bug with certain characters in the path to the save files.
    Since users and appdata don't use special characters (and I believe not even in other languages) it's usually the username causing that.

You can circumvent that, by creating a new user in Windows and using that to play (and save!) the game. It's quite annoying though.
    “If you are involved in a game, everything ends up being a set of trade-offs. Anything in a game is a sacrifice of things not in the game.” --Gabe Newell

Playing Firaxis games and helping out in the Official 2K Forums!
    My Blog: donald23.nl
    Steam profile: donald23

Quote Originally Posted by donald23 View Post
    There is a known bug with certain characters in the path to the save files.
    Since users and appdata don't use special characters (and I believe not even in other languages) it's usually the username causing that.

You can circumvent that, by creating a new user in Windows and using that to play (and save!) the game. It's quite annoying though.
    Ok... that's annoying. Any idea if they'll get around to fixing it?

And meanwhile, do you have a guide for that workaround?

@Hollow Man

Thanks. The save game files are right where you wrote. I really appreciate you help.

There's another workaround, involving creating a junction on the filesystem pointing from where the game tries to access it (username mangled) to where the files actually are. Or even just from the mangled username as a directory, to the real one.

I don't do that sort of thing on Windows, so I don't know how to (thankfully not needing to), but there should be some information on the internet about creating junctions, and you want the UTF-8 path 'miscoded', probably into IS-8859 of some sort. This may be found in some places the "UTF-8 coding" of the text.

It is possible for locations to completely surrounded by asteroids making the mission impossible. The specific example is 'The Palatine Experiment' where you're tasked to control 3 stations. As I have said, one station is completely surrounded by asteroids. I assume that the only way out of this is to surrender (let myself be killed).

Nevermind, is OK in latest patch.
    Last edited by singo; 08-18-2015 at 05:36 AM.

Is this still active??

Quote Originally Posted by SamBC View Post
    There's another workaround, involving creating a junction on the filesystem pointing from where the game tries to access it (username mangled) to where the files actually are. Or even just from the mangled username as a directory, to the real one.

I don't do that sort of thing on Windows, so I don't know how to (thankfully not needing to), but there should be some information on the internet about creating junctions, and you want the UTF-8 path 'miscoded', probably into IS-8859 of some sort. This may be found in some places the "UTF-8 coding" of the text.
    I have gotten no response my support at my2k over the past few days, maybe cause its an old game? In any event, I cannot stay logged into 2K on either Starships or Beyond Earth. Besides reinstalling and verifying, is there anything I can do? If you respond. Thanks much. If not, have a good day. Still thanks.

No My2k Connection

Quote Originally Posted by theCharl View Post
    I have gotten no response my support at my2k over the past few days, maybe cause its an old game? In any event, I cannot stay logged into 2K on either Starships or Beyond Earth. Besides reinstalling and verifying, is there anything I can do? If you respond. Thanks much. If not, have a good day. Still thanks.
    I've been experiencing the exact same problem! The week before last when i first got the game the my2k connection worked just fine. Then this friday when i started either Starships or BE i just get messages about a connection error.

I wonder if this has anything to do with the XCOM 2 launch overloading their servers, but it would be nice to hear something directly from 2k one way or the other.

I also posted this on the steam discussion group for this game. One thing I didn't post was that before any patches this all worked. cutscenes and all.

When I launch the game if I don't hit ESC at the initial cutscene the game will crash, if I do I can play the game and I have no problems whatsoever. Once I beat the game and the ending cutscene starts to play the game again crashes.

What information do you need from me? I have a .dmp file in the Sharships folder. where should I sent it?

I'm using Win 7 x64 and I have a GTX 980 TI video card.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12