Thread: This is really frustrating

This is really frustrating

All i want to do is play a game online. Ive tried everything, i even deleted and redownloaded the game. Everytime i try to play online it says, "you do not meet the requirements to have a myplayer account and play online. Im trying really hard not to get furious right now, but its ☺☺☺☺ing rediculous. My player was ranked like an 87 overall, and im not even sure if its possible to get it back. Please tell me how to get my player back and play online

Quote Originally Posted by MattU22 View Post
    All i want to do is play a game online. Ive tried everything, i even deleted and redownloaded the game. Everytime i try to play online it says, "you do not meet the requirements to have a myplayer account and play online. Im trying really hard not to get furious right now, but its ☺☺☺☺ing rediculous. My player was ranked like an 87 overall, and im not even sure if its possible to get it back. Please tell me how to get my player back and play online
    Dude, join the club.

In case you haven't figured it out by now, 2K Forums, (especially for the PS3 and XBOX 360) is not a "help site".

It's a SUPPORT GROUP! lol

Take a spin through the current gen forums and you'll see dozens of people with the same issue. I was one of them myself.

I lost TWO 90+ rated players to the BS servers. (these were players with VC purchases and everything!)

No refunds, no answers, no patches, no fixes, barely no response from 2K, in fact.

2K doesn't care about the Current Gen players (even though WE are the console customers who made the NBA 2K series the phenomenon that it is).

The best thing to do is the following:

1) Let your 87 rated player go. "He's Dead, Jim."

2) If you were playing MyCareer, create another one. (If you were in the park, I don't know what to tell you but just to take your chances again)

3) If you are talking about MyCareer, build your guy up with some VC, or not, your preference.

4) TAKE YOUR CAREER OFFLINE!

5) DISCONNECT FROM THE 2K SERVER BEFORE YOU PLAY!

This is THE only thing that has worked. Sorry you had to hear it here of all places.

Slow transition toward next gen for me but I did find a solution to this.
    So I always use two seperate devices for creating two characters.
    No more, no less.
    In doing this I Usually have one save on my hardware titled online data.
    Almost Everytime that I delete the online data file and let it redownload at the main menu it allows me to play again.
    If you put two and two, this is likely 2K's fault for sending us faulty hotfixes through their server.
    Just an educated guess because it's always a fix for me.
    I would delete anything tied to updates from 2K to download again.
    You might even want to clear the cache on all your devices.
    Just don't get rid of your player, I haven't had to do that yet.
    If this doesn't work try it a few more times. I'm pretty sure it's just a bad hotfix you had no option but it always downloads them when it's "updating new content."

I got this message by mistake when everyone's 2K was acting up and all of the online records showed N/A and I got scared. The only reason why you might see this message is if your age on your MyPlayer account is below 13. One of my friends can't play any NBA 2K game because of that reason unless he creates an Xbox account just to play 2K online. But did you play online before? Try deleting your online data and clear your system cache 3 times and see if it will work. If it doesn't work then contact 2K Support and see what they can do for you.

I deleted the online data and cleared system cache, then i got frustrated and deleted everything. I redownloaded the game and it still wont work

I deleted the online data and cleared system cache, then i got frustrated and deleted everything. I redownloaded the game and it still wont work
    "He's dead, Jim."

I'm a programmer in a previous life, so to speak, and I would usually agree with Antawn's approach, (matter of fact, I would have tried his approach first if it were me, too)

But this looks and smells like a file corruption issue to me.

Now, to Antawn's point, the hotfix could (and most likely IS the culprit) but it's done something at the root level or the runtime
    level of the myplayer file that's pretty much unfixable (by us anyway).

I went so far as to take myplayer file OFFLINE after backing it up and it STILL wouldn't run, even off the 2K server.

Quote Originally Posted by rjw524 View Post
    I'm a programmer in a previous life, so to speak, and I would usually agree with Antawn's approach, (matter of fact, I would have tried his approach first if it were me, too)

But this looks and smells like a file corruption issue to me.

Now, to Antawn's point, the hotfix could (and most likely IS the culprit) but it's done something at the root level or the runtime
    level of the myplayer file that's pretty much unfixable (by us anyway).

I went so far as to take myplayer file OFFLINE after backing it up and it STILL wouldn't run, even off the 2K server.
    Hmm.. Interesting. So you can't even use offline modes like MyCareer?
    We might not be in the same situation like I thought then.
    I could use the career mode even when it was saying I didn't meet the requirements for online.
    I could even purchase things from the VC store.
    I mean I didn't just incase it was going sideways but I did have the option.
    Now something else I did notice is online activity wasn't exactly peaking when I redownloaded the online data.
    I don't know if that made the difference but I'm telling you I never had to do anything drastic.
    I would be just as upset as you guys if I were there.
    Talking to support might not be a bad idea but it's not going to be an instant recovery.

I'm getting the exact same thing "I do not meet the requirements on myplayer to play online." If I had any advice for you it would be to just leave it alone, until its fixed. Its not a problem with your data, or your 2k, or your disc. Its a server problem that only 2k can fix. I tried all the crap last time this happened and ended up erasing my guy which was a 97 pass first point guard with dimer and flashy pass. Pretty depressed I'll never see him again, got my new guy up to a 90 and I'm not touching anything.

2k servers has Always SUCKED!!

Quote Originally Posted by squibit7 View Post
    I'm getting the exact same thing "I do not meet the requirements on myplayer to play online." If I had any advice for you it would be to just leave it alone, until its fixed. Its not a problem with your data, or your 2k, or your disc. Its a server problem that only 2k can fix. I tried all the crap last time this happened and ended up erasing my guy which was a 97 pass first point guard with dimer and flashy pass. Pretty depressed I'll never see him again, got my new guy up to a 90 and I'm not touching anything.
    Sucks that happened to Ya, honestly think you just deleted the wrong thing though.
    I didn't see the requirements issue until I loaded up the game and it gave me a new hot fix like it always does.
    As soon as I deleted the online data file and redownloaded that "new content" I was back online.
    I am puzzled though, how can it instantly resolve the issue for certain people? So strange.
    If it is a server issue I don't get why redownloading a file worked for me.
    It's worth a shot if you're forced to be offline
    just don't delete anything other than "online data" and the game update for 2K15.

Quote Originally Posted by ANTWANthePAWN View Post
    Hmm.. Interesting. So you can't even use offline modes like MyCareer?
    Exactly, that's when I immediately thought file/data corruption. If it was just the hotfixes or even the server interacting with the mycareer or 2k15 game data even when using an offline mycareer, then taking a previously saved BACKUP from my PS Plus which was also an offline MyCareer should have been fine (especially if I signed out of the psn before playing). But nope, both files totally FUBAR.

Now something else I did notice is online activity wasn't exactly peaking when I redownloaded the online data.
    I noticed this too, but I really thought it was just a fluke thing. But now? Nah.

So you were previously able to use an offline character?
    If that's the case it has to have been a recent change.
    Which continues to lead me to believe it really is the hotfix.
    There are a couple factors though..
    Your internet speed/connection, your online service (PSN/XBL) and then there's the 2K servers and the actual file.
    The way 2K15 looks this year I wouldn't be surprised to hear that they just don't have an efficient way to send us hotfixes though.
    It is More than likely that the issue is not even on our end.
    It might be an easy fix too, just don't think we have the support we really need.

happened to me too. i ended up deleting everything and i lost all my mycareers and files. now, 2k will be giving me 300,000 vc for all the vc i spent on all 3 players. not a bad deal

So you were previously able to use an offline character?
    I mean I had the same problem as the OP.

So, I copied the file to my PS Plus online storage. This was after the mycareer would freeze after a certain game and I had to play it over and over.

After disconnecting from the 2K server and even re-installing 2k15 with no updates, etc.

The files that were freezing STILL froze at the exact same game.

That's file corruption 101 to me, lol.

But you definitely seem to know quite a bit yourself. You seeing something different?

I only know about the experience I've had personally.
    Really just guessing about otherwise at this point.
    I doubt it's the reasoning but do you not have the physical NBA2K15 disc?
    If you do and you're installing the game to your hard drive maybe try it with just the disc and repeat the method I used.
    That's all I can think of at this point honestly.
    There's a slim chance the digital copy of the game and even the installed version might not be receiving the hot fixes properly.
    This is purely speculation though.
    If you or someone else can try this and deny it working out then we know there's nothing we can do.
    You may be right, your character file may be corrupted beyond repair.
    Worth a shot though.
    I would be interested to know if people who only use the physical disc and haven't installed the game are able to simply delete their online data as a fix like I did.
    I could be wrong but wouldn't it be crazy if that's the case?

how to fix my online game in nba2k14 , because the ps. YOU DO NOT MEET THE REQUIREMENTS TO HAVE A MY PLAYER ACCOUNT AND PLAY ONLINE. HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP .

Yeah u re right when u say 2k doesn't care about current gen players, just take a good look at the game on current gen, it's exactly like nba2k14

If you played your first game with an account that has a birthday that makes them too young (on the account), then you will seet his error. The only way to fix it, is to create a new account and make sure you set the birthdate to one that makes you an adult (18 or over).

See comments here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_DitIvE1iE

Found a Workaround for this. FINALLY...

ISSUE: Xbox One NBA 2k17 error message of 'You do not meet the requirements to have a MyPLAYER Account and play online’ when attempting to ‘Connect’ online with my son's profile because he is 10 years of age. My account received the same message for 2k16, but when I installed 2k17 I could connect online but my son still couldn't.

I couldn’t find a solution anywhere, but I used this workaround.

WORKAROUND: I had to create him a couple of new accounts where his birthday made him 13 or above. Here are my steps...
    - New Email w/ Bday at least 13: Create a new Microsoft email account, go to the Profile and make the child’s birthday at least 13: https://account.microsoft.com/
    - Sign-up at 2k with new email and pretend birthday: https://www.2k.com
    - New Xbox One Account: As the adult, in Settings > Family > Add to Family, create the new account using the new email account and pretend birthday
    - 2k17 MyCareer: signed into the Xbox as the new user, go into 2k17 and click Connect. Enter the pretend birthday. NOW CONNECTED!

You might be in the wrong forum...
    YOU for the CYBER SERIES!
    Vote to decide who is the best male WWE Superstar on the roster today!
    Currently voting: Semi-Final Matches

23. Quote Originally Posted by Bossdavid View Post
    Yeah u re right when u say 2k doesn't care about current gen players, just take a good look at the game on current gen, it's exactly like nba2k14
    I think you're right.