Thread: Advanced questions/tactics for serious Civ Rev players!

Advanced questions/tactics for serious Civ Rev players!

I have some questions here that I would love answered. They are very situational but since I want to be an expert I would like to know! Feel free to ask your own and I'll help if I can.

1. What if two Civilizations complete a Wonder at the same time? For that matter, what if it's the World Bank?

2. What happens if you fall under 20,000 Gold after beginning construction of the World Bank? What happens if you fall under 20,000 Gold before beginning construction?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowXOR View Post
    I have some questions here that I would love answered. They are very situational but since I want to be an expert I would like to know! Feel free to ask your own and I'll help if I can.

1. What if two Civilizations complete a Wonder at the same time? For that matter, what if it's the World Bank?

2. What happens if you fall under 20,000 Gold after beginning construction of the World Bank? What happens if you fall under 20,000 Gold before beginning construction?

Thanks!
    The second one I've done. Got to 20k gold and the world bank option popped up. Used money to rush stuff, etc and still built it.

Thanks!
    #1 isn't possible, since nothing happens at the same time, but here's what happened to me: I was building Hanging Gardens, and I had one turn remaining. When I hit the end turn button, the Egyptians built it instead, and the hammers went to surplus.

#2: as soon as you pass the 20k threshold, you can blow all your money immediately.

Quote Originally Posted by Remowilliams View Post
    #1 isn't possible, since nothing happens at the same time, but here's what happened to me: I was building Hanging Gardens, and I had one turn remaining. When I hit the end turn button, the Egyptians built it instead, and the hammers went to surplus.
    In multiplayer everyone's turn is simultaneous and it could easily occur where two nations have a Wonder set to complete on the same turn.

And one more question to add:

3. What buildings are not capable of being rushed via Gold?

In multiplayer everyone's turn is simultaneous and it could easily occur where two nations have a Wonder set to complete on the same turn.

And one more question to add:

3. What buildings are not capable of being rushed via Gold?
    the only buildings you can't rush are world bank and united nations.

1. That happened to me. I was gonna build the world bank in the next turn, I thought I was going to win. I knew the french were doing the same but I didn't know how long till their city had completed it. Turns out their city completed the world bank at the same turn as I did. Guess what, the AI won... Lol... Cheaters. That's not fair at all, Sid Meier.

The AI takes it's turn after you. There are no ties against the AI.

In multiplayer, the host wins all ties. So if we're playing and we both pick the Arabs, if I'm the host, I get the culture bonus. You won't. If we finish Irrigation at the same time, I get the population bonus. You won't.

In the tournies we have here, players alternate being the host for that reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Legatus View Post
    The AI takes it's turn after you. There are no ties against the AI.

In multiplayer, the host wins all ties. So if we're playing and we both pick the Arabs, if I'm the host, I get the culture bonus. You won't. If we finish Irrigation at the same time, I get the population bonus. You won't.

In the tournies we have here, players alternate being the host for that reason.
    +1.

For XBL ranked games, the "host" is defined as the first player in the lobby for H2H games. For FFA games, it's less obvious. I would imagine ties are resolved in lobby join order but that's not a given per se as that's not the only possible resolution algorithm. I don't play much FFA & haven't tested this exhaustively so it's not clear to me who would win a tie between the 2nd & 3rd player to join a FFA lobby for example.

best regards...

So, just to confirm host rights in h2h, it's the first to enter the lobby, not to green up?

1st in the lobby for sure.

Great, thanks. On that basis, are there any other same-civ matchups in h2h where the culture bonus for the last-to-lobby plyr is penalised, other than Arab v Arab? On a sidenote, why isn't there a palace culture bonus whilst playing as Greece (Democ), or is that just me?

i can't think of any. india can lose their religion bonus on a lobby position, if they both hit 5 techs on the same turn.

no palace culture bonus in democracy, although i hear a palace is currently under construction at mar lago.