The 3rd Patch for XCOM: Enemy Unknown is now live for all systems. The Second Wave addition is now available for those who have beaten the game. And a few bugs have been squashed including the AI teleport bug and the defeat screen when beating the game.
For those on PC, the Chris Kluwe hero unlock is now available. Chris beat Firaxis' Garth DeAngelis in a head to head match and won. His prize was being added to the game as a playable character.
Added full detailed list of Second Wave Options
Patch 3 Notes
Second Wave addition
- If a player has beaten the game, they can access a variety of gameplay toggles upon starting a new game. The Second Wave option will be available on the New Game menu.
AI teleport bug fix
- Minimizes the bug where aliens teleport into the middle of a player’s squad
Defeat screen when beating the game
- Minimizes a bug that displays a Defeat screen after winning the game
- Chris Kluwe as XCOM Hero unlock
Second Wave Advanced Gameplay Options
- Damage Roulette: Weapons have a wider range of damage.
- New Economy: Randomized council member funding.
- Not Created Equally: Rookies will have random starting stats.
- Hidden Potential: As a soldier is promoted, stats increase randomly.
- Red Fog: Combat wounds will degrade the soldier’s mission stats.
- Absolutely Critical: A flanking shot guarantees a critical hit.
- The Greater Good: Psionics can only be learned from interrogating a psionic alien.
- Marathon: The game takes considerably longer to complete.
- Results Driven: A country offers less funding as its panic level increases.
- High Stakes: Random rewards for stopping alien abductions.
- Diminishing Returns: Increased cost of satellite construction.
- More Than Human: The psionic gift is extremely rare.
If the player has finished the game on Impossible, these four additional Second Wave features will be unlocked.
- War Weariness: Funding goes down over time.
- E-115: Elerium degrades over time.
- Total Loss: Lose all soldier gear upon death.
- Alternate Sources: The power source cost to build facilities increases dramatically.