Just a little idea for Civ 5 that's been sitting in my head for a while. Obviously not balanced yet, just wanted to dump it all out here.
- Accumulates naturally over time
- Can accumulate faster by building certain structures (Radio Towers, etc)
- Increases combat capablities of all units
- Raises happiness by a small amount
- Can spend some accumulated points on a science, production or military bonus for a set amount of turns. Sort of like a mini golden age.
- Significant amounts of propaganda can be expended to adopt a permanent trait that benefits a certain aspect of your military, production or research
- If propaganda is high, a city captured by the enemy will produce more unhappiness
- An extremely unhappy populace will only grow more unhappy as propaganda producing structures are built
- Spreads religion faster within one's own empire
- Adopting the entire piety tree gives a bonus to propaganda accumulation