Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Patch is live

Drcane Guest

New Patch is live

Hey Civs,

We've got a new patch coming to you tomorrow, around morning pacific time. We'll update you when it goes live.

Here are the patch notes. Enjoy!

Update: A little late, but as you know the patch is now live.

Bugs and Technical Issues
    • If you build defensive structures in your city, then save and reload, the hit-point bonus would disappear.
    • Hun Battering Ram promotion which allows it to only attack cities is now lost upon upgrade
    • Civ5 Touch - Fixes the oddness when rotating tablets
    • Graphical - Fixed issue with Rock of Gibraltar not showing up correctly.
    • Fixed the bug where the Maya AI didn't have to pick a different GP for each Baktun
    • Fixed an issue on a city flip/gift which would cause loss of city plots forever.
    • Fixed a bug where liberated CS would not show their vote correctly in the Victory Progress UI screen
    • Fixed graphics bugs when the game was restarted too many times in a row.
    • Shortcuts created through the launcher now function correctly.

Crashes/Freezes
    • Fixed a crash that happens when an AI loses its capital, but still has units, so is still alive.
    Last edited by Drcane; 03-13-2013 at 05:00 PM.

Great! Just in time for the late March One World announcement!

Quote Originally Posted by stethnorun View Post
    Great! Just in time for the late March One World announcement!
    I hope you're right; otherwise, they've been working on this rather modest update for the past 5 months which seems excessive.

I appreciate the bug fixes in this patch, but the lack of multiplayer improvements or PitBoss continues to disappoint me.

Still no coastlines and other improvements to make Strategic View completely equal with 3D mode, or a SV-only safe mode. Guess I'll keep bringing it up until it got the attention of Firaxis.
    Last edited by cuc; 03-12-2013 at 11:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzterisk View Post
    I hope you're right; otherwise, they've been working on this rather modest update for the past 5 months which seems excessive.
    They need an excuse to get a One World-ad in the main menu

Sorry but this micro patch don't change anything important in game.

priority THIS IS IMPORTANT:
    1. MP still suck, and in MP we can play in maximum 4 human because more human is unplayable (problem with desynchro, connection problem, lags) (before G&K we can play in 8 human without any problem),
    2. SC: still human can attack SC without any lost. Attack and write peace, i next turn attack and write pace in next do it again, and again and claim SC without any lost (where lost PERMANENT WAR which exist before G&K ?) .
    3. AI: DIPLOMACY, i can take all money from AI for all my resources, and can declare WAR in this same turn. I Take GOLD and AI lost all resources! maybe min 5 turn PACE in this type of diplomacy transaction) or possibility turn off possibility trade of gold ?

this is important! no problem when rotating tablets!

I'm sure that people with tablets supporting rotation consider that problem important.

30-80% people with rotating touch tablet is more important than 100% players with global bugs ... ok... no comments

Well, your points 2 and 3 aren't bugs, they're exploits. The code is functioning as designed in those cases, AIUI. The city plot bug mentioned in the patch notes, however, is an actual bug that people have been gnashing their teeth over for some time.

I only hope that is a smoke wall before real PATCH/DLC/EXPANSION.

Quote Originally Posted by MacDante View Post
    30-80% people with rotating touch tablet is more important than 100% players with global bugs ... ok... no comments
    If you consider your little list bugs that is. The first one probably is (I don't play MP much), but the other two?

If I sell you a table for 50 € and then attack you should I give you back your 50 € before the attack or what. What I loose when I do "bad" thinks in Civ 5 is reputation. It is very easy to get a bad rep.

I don't what abbr. SC is but if it is CS then wel they are minor countries and if they are not protected by a major civ, tough luck.

I don't have that MP-bug, I play MP's with my friends all the time without problem, so it's definitely not 100%, in our case it's even 0%, so I can see why it's not a priority.

This type of EXPLOITS and BUGS ( i write 3 but FIND more... and this i write as example). I report EXPLOITS which can totaly DESTROY any MP game. Because is way to cheat in MP GAME without any consequence, without any reload and desync of game.

I want real PATCH, PITBOSS, EXPANSION, DLC... i want play with my friends on MP with 12 human players... and without repair important EXPLOIT/BUGS and Stability of MP game nothing is matter... 3 years and MP don't work correctly... its frustrating! TOuch screen ? Wat for when core game don't work correctly ?

I hope do you understand what i want to say

Quote Originally Posted by anandus View Post
    I don't have that MP-bug, I play MP's with my friends all the time without problem, so it's definitely not 100%, in our case it's even 0%, so I can see why it's not a priority.
    1. how max players is in your session of MP game?

Touch support so people with touchscreen systems can play the game in a convenient way.

1. how max players is in your session of MP game?
    8 players max (I don't have more friends than that ), although most of the times it's 5 or 6.

Quote Originally Posted by anandus View Post
    8 players max (I don't have more friends than that ), although most of the times it's 5 or 6.
    lucky Guy ;/
    We try in 5 and very often we have problem with connection, and in 6-8 we don't have chance on start game. Maybe problem is with POLAND and internet in my country

I just had a 13Mb update, might that've been the patch?

Quote Originally Posted by drcane View Post
    • If you build defensive structures in your city, then save and reload, the hit-point bonus would disappear.
      (...)
    • Shortcuts created through the launcher now function correctly.
    Great news, this was much in demand.

Quote Originally Posted by SamBC View Post
    Well, your points 2 and 3 aren't bugs, they're exploits. The code is functioning as designed in those cases, AIUI. The city plot bug mentioned in the patch notes, however, is an actual bug that people have been gnashing their teeth over for some time.
    It's a bug in the sense that the code is functioning properly in unintended ways (unless you are saying Firaxis intended players to get unlimited unit XP without consequences in MP games). I recently played an MP game that was completely crippled by several of these exploits. I'd consider patching game-breaking bugs and exploits to be a bit of a priority. They can make the game unplayable.

I agree fixing multiplayer should be a priority over new features like touchscreen, but hopefully once they've got the touchscreen part nailed down, they can figure out what's causing the disconnect and sync issues in MP. I'd say that is the number problem with this game, and it is affecting the community very negatively. The other "global bugs" are numerous, and probably need a lot of work.

In any case, it's good to see a new patch, and hopefully this one won't introduce anything unusual like the last several did.

Hopefully this is indeed a prelude to the announcement of the next expansion. Thank you.

What broke in this patch;

- Diplomacy menu
    - Saving a game / Loading a game
    - Textures are missing http://img594.imageshack.us/img594/5...c039658771.png

And now because steam is so utterly useless, everyone is forced to play this broken version. Well thank you for nada.

Try verifying the game cache through Steam. The fact that textures aren't loaded suggests your installation was corrupted somehow.

Having the same problem with textures. Several pop ups about various wonder_Potosi files. If you click ok on all of them the map will load. Game cache verified ok in steam.

There's been a few reports on Steam of the Potosi texture error. Someone posted this screenshot: http://prntscr.com/w6hys

One person wrote this solution:
    Actually it's multiple textures for the Wonder_Potosi - they don't have Feature_ preceding their names and it's causing the error. If you "OK" through all the error messages the game starts ok.

The fix is to enter the Wonder_Potosi directory and for each of the 4 continents make sure that any files that exist have the Feature_ prefix. It's <continent>_Cerro_de_Potosi_H and T1.dds. Renaming fixes the problem
    http://steamcommunity.com/app/8930/d...3455499744502/

Thanks. I'll try it if they don't come out with a fix.

Shouldn't be hard for them to fix, apparently they just wrote the wrong file names. Either a change of the code, or a renaming of the files should take care of it. Hopefully a hotfix will be in order.

Code doing what it's supposed to but with high-level unintended consequences is generally speaking a design flaw, not a bug.

Just got the SDK patch. Hopefully that will fix all the reports of the World Builder crashing on start.

Already here, is it oldsaved game compatible?

Quote Originally Posted by civdiss View Post
    Already here, is it oldsaved game compatible?
    Looking at the changelist, I would guess so, but who knows until they try?

So I was looking through the game files about the Cerro de Potosi problem. I think I have an idea what's going on.

The folder assets/terrain/pieces/Wonder_Potosi/[continent]/ contains the Cerro de Potosi files. They are named (for America) Amer_Cerro_de_Potosi*.*

The game is looking for files called Feature_Amer_Cerro_de_Potosi*.* Those are not in that folder. They are in Assets/DLC/DLC_02/Features/Feature_Cerro_de_Potosi/

This means if you do not have the Spain and Inca DLC, you will not have a file called Feature_Amer_Cerro_de_Potosi. This is what's causing the error.

Yeah, after reading the problematic file names, I suspected it was an issue with DLC. I do have the Spain and Inca DLC, so I'll play the game sometime to see if I get that texture problem.

Well the interesting thing is that the textures are there. It's just something is making the error come up, but supposedly the game works. No one's said if they actually got Cerro de Potosi to appear though.

I made some maps that use Cerro de Potosi to test this, if i can figure out how to share them (Steam Workshop glitched on me) I could post them so people without Spain/Inca could test it out.

Edit: Got Steam Workshop to finally work: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=132182806 (I recommend the Duel map)

Tried your mod, ragan651. I couldn't find Cerro de Petosi.

Quote Originally Posted by mcm View Post
    Tried your mod, ragan651. I couldn't find Cerro de Petosi.
    Did you choose the map? It should be right next to your settler...

New patch! Good news! Thanks!

Please, continue working and improving this awesome game!

Quote Originally Posted by ragan651 View Post
    Did you choose the map? It should be right next to your settler...
    My bad. Tried it with the bug map selected, and it does show up.

Looking around, I've found that the other wonders have 1 excel CSV file and 4 dds files in each continent folder. Potosi has 2 CSV files and 6 dds files in each folder. For example, the africa folder contains Afri_Cerro_de_Petosi and Feature_Afri_Cerro_de_Petosi as CSV files; 4 Afri_Cerro_de_Petosi_*.dds files and 2 Feature_Cerro_de_Petosi_*_BLEND.dds files. Removing the Feature_Afri_Cerro_de_Petosi CSV file and the 2 Feature_Cerro_de_Petosi_*_BLEND.dds files, and repeating for all continent folders solves the problem.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast