Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bug report thread v1.1.2.3007

In response to your graphics animation issue, I experienced a massive positive change in performance after updating my video drivers. Within your video options, make sure the effects are turned all the way up. After posting a bug on here, I decided to do something within my power to improve my game experience. Then, I got the latest drivers. If you're like me, you may have updated to Windows 10 without thinking about updating graphics drivers. This turned out to be a major issue.

My effects are now beautiful, extremely improved, in a way that reflects a developer using the latest tech out there. I can't believe what I've been missing. Keep in mind pre-driver update I still had my effects turned all the way up. The improved animations weren't supported by my previous driver version on my nvidia card.

Has anyone noticed BERT not prompting to annex/puppet or raze a city on conquest? This is sporadic and disappears on reload. (So a workaround is to just reload from an autosave...but it can be tiresome).

It's an exploit/bug.

I've noticed it happen in regular Civ V as well (at least once).
    Last edited by blackbutterfly; 01-01-2016 at 05:51 PM. Reason: Added note about occurrence in Civ V

Multiplayer games always get stuck during waiting for players.

The chat continues to work fine, but the turn does not progress.

This happens in every game, no exeptions, the number of turn seems to vary.

Quest: Radio Silence can't be completed if the city you build is aquatic. The quest tells you to build a city, it does not say it must be a land city. If you build an aquatic city the next step in the quest is to build a Vivarium in that city. This can only be built in a land city therefore making this quest impossible to finish in this case.

Building w/o Reqs. Bug

Good Afternoon. I can construct buildings in my cities when I do not have the requirements. For example, I can build an observatory when I do not have a workable source of Firaxite (or even a source of Firaxite in range of the City). See attached screenshot. Thanks!

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/7...97557299177589

Dead topic...not fixes, not skills...Civ BE is still 32bit process with 2 Gb memory support only. No memory, no correct animation on 64bit system.

Last edited by lLeGioNl; 02-16-2016 at 08:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by lLeGioNl View Post
    .Civ BE is still 32bit process with 2 Gb memory support only.
    That's not a bug. It's simply a limitation of the engine's age.

There is no patch ever conceivable that could upgrade an established program (e.g., a game engine) from being a 32-bit process to a 64-bit process.
    -- Sean ... SteamID: GM Pax
    CPU AMD FX-8350 (8x4.00GHz); GPU NVidia GTX 970 (4GB) by EVGA; RAM 16GB DDR3-1600;
    System Drive Intel 520 SSD (240GB); Data Drive WD Green (3TB); Sound ASUS Xonar DSX.

Quote Originally Posted by _Pax_ View Post
    That's not a bug. It's simply a limitation of the engine's age.

There is no patch ever conceivable that could upgrade an established program (e.g., a game engine) from being a 32-bit process to a 64-bit process.
    Yes, it is not a bug. But it create a bug! Old engine+new graphic=glitch animation. But nothing to doing for fix this problem, developers upload your reviews and (knowingly) not to pay attention to glitch animation in these video-reviews...this is so silly.
    And they want good online in game? The beauty of the graphics destroyed glitch animation.

Last edited by lLeGioNl; 02-16-2016 at 01:56 PM.

Old engine+new graphic=glitch animation.
    I don't see any glitches in either of the animations you made GIFs of. Honestly, I don't.

But nothing to doing for fix this problem, [...]
    There is nothing that can be done to turn the game into a 64-bit process. As far as I know, it is physically impossible.

As for the player numbers: there's a LOT more wrong with BE than some animations. The game just isn't compelling enough to garner the following Civ5 has.
    -- Sean ... SteamID: GM Pax
    CPU AMD FX-8350 (8x4.00GHz); GPU NVidia GTX 970 (4GB) by EVGA; RAM 16GB DDR3-1600;
    System Drive Intel 520 SSD (240GB); Data Drive WD Green (3TB); Sound ASUS Xonar DSX.

Quote Originally Posted by _Pax_ View Post
    I don't see any glitches in either of the animations you made GIFs of. Honestly, I don't.
    Are you kidding? Open your eyes! Apostle troops must strike big fireballs. In sea units must have water waves when move. This animation is glitch after 30 minutes or hour after playing with top units.
    Normal animation must be like that:

Last edited by lLeGioNl; 02-16-2016 at 06:25 PM.

Dead topic...not fixes, not skills...Civ BE is still 32bit process with 2 Gb memory support only. No memory, no correct animation on 64bit system.

See: Large Address Aware.

That may help, it allows a 32-bit program to use up to 4GB of memory if it is available on a 64-bit system. Make sure to make a backup of your executable in case it doesn't work right. CiV:BE might already be large address aware, maybe. LAA works with quite a few programs but you do want to make the backup just in case CiV:BE is one of the few it doesn't work with.
    As a computer, I find your faith in technology amusing.

Quote Originally Posted by headkase View Post
    See: Large Address Aware.

That may help, it allows a 32-bit program to use up to 4GB of memory if it is available on a 64-bit system. Make sure to make a backup of your executable in case it doesn't work right. CiV:BE might already be large address aware, maybe. LAA works with quite a few programs but you do want to make the backup just in case CiV:BE is one of the few it doesn't work with.
    I tested 4Gb patch and Explorer Suite, but unsuccessfully. May be bug is much harder, i don't know. But thanks for link, I'll test it too.

I tested 4Gb patch and Explorer Suite, but unsuccessfully. May be bug is much harder, i don't know. But thanks for link, I'll test it too.
    Right on, you're welcome. Where LAA works best is when you're modifying programs to operate outside of the norm of what they were written for. Like modding a game. If the program is hard-coded to only use up to a certain amount of memory as part of its design then giving it more memory won't make a difference.
    As a computer, I find your faith in technology amusing.

Nothing works, dead topic.

Let's play by Mal. Only 4 turns playing and "green plasma" animation glitched to dust effects only on 27:20 minutes and further.
    Let's play by Writing Bull. Full Rising Tide DLC video have combat animation and water effect glitches.
    Last edited by lLeGioNl; 02-19-2016 at 03:29 AM.

I was asked by 2K support member Dominik L. to post this here, so that's what I'm doing.

Quest: Silent Symphony

I've encountered a bug with the Silent Symphony questline in Civ BE rising tide. Should the player get to a point where performers are asking for road connections to the capitol, and the capitol is on an island, then you're unable to complete the quest. Unless of course there's some way to build roads across the water to connect cities on islands. I've replicated this twice now, via placing the Capitol city on its own island, playing with Harmony as the dominant affinity, and following the quest steps as they appear. I have a screenshot taken of a recent replication attempt. I'll attach it to this form.

Silence is Golden.
    Duct Tape is Silver.

* Game always starts with 24 Hz no matter the settings. I need to change to 59 Hz and back to 60 for it to work. Only way to watch the smooth intro is to hunt down the bik file.
    * Attacking embarked unit with aircrafts almost always ends up with many loops of animation (~30 seconds)
    * I also have the missing animation in battles bug. It's especially visible for me during sub attack - no torpedoes.
    - All of the AIs offers me te same diplomatic proposal. For example - faction X every Y turns always offers me proposal Z. And I refused them bunch of times. They just don't learn. Perhaps not a bug and the diplomacy just works that way...
    Win 10 PRO x64, i7 4790K (4.0 GHz), 16GB RAM, GTX 1060 6GB, SHARP 46"LE830E, GIGABYTE GA-Z97-HD3, SB X-FI, Logitech Z-5500 5+1 speakers

Hi there,

I'm recently encountering some game crashes. Yes, they are probably related to mods, but the fact that it is an unahndled exception in the GameCoreDLL this is probably easily fixed, once reproduced.

In case you do at all assist in mod-related issues, here's the list of mods:

Aliens - Unlimited Exp
    Artifact Helper
    City Name Generator
    Awesome Affinities
    Awesome Wonders - Overhaul
    Explorers 2.0
    Immersive Armies
    Visually Distinctive Terrains - Arid Biome
    Visually Distinctive Terrains - Fungal Biome
    Visually Distinctive Terrains - Lush Biome

Here's the savegame:
    http://rg.to/file/5146f187ba30ad6a50...CivBESave.html

Below will be the exception report.

Thanks in advance,

Julian

Unhandled Exception
    Code: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION
    Error reading address 0x4

Call Stack
    -----------------------------------------------------
    (0x000000002BC80000 : 0x001D6132) CvGameCoreDLL_Expansion1FinalRe ! lua_toboolean (???, line 0)
    (0x000000002BC80000 : 0x001BBF09) CvGameCoreDLL_Expansion1FinalRe ! lua_toboolean (???, line 0)
    (0x000000002BC80000 : 0x001B5B39) CvGameCoreDLL_Expansion1FinalRe ! lua_toboolean (???, line 0)
    (0x000000002BC80000 : 0x00009137) CvGameCoreDLL_Expansion1FinalRe ! ??? (???, line 0)
    (0x000000002BC80000 : 0x00008EF5) CvGameCoreDLL_Expansion1FinalRe ! ??? (???, line 0)
    (0x000000002BC80000 : 0x0000813F) CvGameCoreDLL_Expansion1FinalRe ! ??? (???, line 0)
    (0x000000002BC80000 : 0x0000895D) CvGameCoreDLL_Expansion1FinalRe ! ??? (???, line 0)
    (0x000000002BC80000 : 0x0031D5E2) CvGameCoreDLL_Expansion1FinalRe ! HksCompilerSettings::setGlobalMemoization (???, line 0)
    (0x000000002BC80000 : 0x002307EE) CvGameCoreDLL_Expansion1FinalRe ! HksCompilerSettings::getStrip (???, line 0)
    (0x000000002BC80000 : 0x00231870) CvGameCoreDLL_Expansion1FinalRe ! HksCompilerSettings::getStrip (???, line 0)
    (0x000000002BC80000 : 0x0023823E) CvGameCoreDLL_Expansion1FinalRe ! HksCompilerSettings::getStrip (???, line 0)
    (0x000000002BC80000 : 0x00236081) CvGameCoreDLL_Expansion1FinalRe ! HksCompilerSettings::getStrip (???, line 0)
    (0x000000002BC80000 : 0x0019F902) CvGameCoreDLL_Expansion1FinalRe ! lua_toboolean (???, line 0)
    (0x000000002BC80000 : 0x001882B0) CvGameCoreDLL_Expansion1FinalRe ! lua_toboolean (???, line 0)
    (0x000000002BC80000 : 0x0019FBF5) CvGameCoreDLL_Expansion1FinalRe ! lua_toboolean (???, line 0)
    (0x000000002BC80000 : 0x001AC422) CvGameCoreDLL_Expansion1FinalRe ! lua_toboolean (???, line 0)
    (0x000000002BC80000 : 0x000FB151) CvGameCoreDLL_Expansion1FinalRe ! HksCompilerSettings::getIntLiteralsEnabled (???, line 0)
    (0x000000002BC80000 : 0x00102CB6) CvGameCoreDLL_Expansion1FinalRe ! HksCompilerSettings::setBytecodeSharingFormat (???, line 0)
    (0x000000002BC80000 : 0x000D2329) CvGameCoreDLL_Expansion1FinalRe ! HksCompilerSettings::getIntLiteralsEnabled (???, line 0)
    (0x0000000000400000 : 0x002B5AA5) civilizationbe_dx11 ! ForgeUI::ControlBase::SetConsumeMouseButton (???, line 0)
    (0x0000000000400000 : 0x00559293) civilizationbe_dx11 ! PeekLogFileMgr (???, line 0)
    (0x0000000000000000 : 0x74B462C4) ??? ! ??? (???, line 0)
    (0x0000000000000000 : 0x774519C6) ??? ! ??? (???, line 0)
    (0x0000000000000000 : 0x77451991) ??? ! ??? (???, line 0)

Bug in EMANCIPATION quest when portal is in the see

When you are sending troops in the portal you shoud win as many points as the power of the choosen unit. The problem is that when the portal is in the see the grounds units have to go in boat to reach it. In this case you will not receive the real power of the unit in points but less because she is in a boat.

Hello, when you are doing the quest EMANCIPATION, you can put the portal in the water. But in this case, when you send ground units in the portal this unit uses a boat to reach portal. The bug : because of the boat you don’t receive the real power of the unit !
    Example: I sent a superior immortal (power 68) and only won 24 points !

Hello, when you are doing the quest ICE AND CONQUEST, you have to explore 1 structure in step 1, then 9 structures in step 2. Because of a bug you can be blocked at 8/9 explored.

Hello, when you are doing the quest RADIO SILENCE, you can be asked to build a vivarium in an aquatic city. In this case you are blocked because this building is only available in terrestrial cities.
    Last edited by Zeokage; 05-29-2016 at 01:59 AM.

Buttons deactivating randomly

I have exactly the same problem; the game just deactivates all buttons. I can navigate the map but can't select units, cities or menus. It's ruining the game; my only option is to open Task Manager to kill the game then reload from my last autosave. It usually happens after the computer has had its turn and it's back to me, but last time (five mins ago) it happened between moving one unit and the next. Please help, as I'm not organised enough to save every damn turn just in case.

And if I'm unlucky enough to lose nine whole turns - in the middle of a war, where the game change radically - it's an absolute kick in the metaphoricals.

This is with Rising Tide, autoupdated via Steam

Quote Originally Posted by bobbin View Post
    It happens everywhere, diplo, tech web, unit upgrade screen etc, and just in the main game view (ie with no screens open), there doesn't seem to be any noticeable pattern to it other than that it became far more common after the rising tide update. I've tried reinstalling and also running the game at the bare minimum settings and it still crops up just as frequently, I'm not sure its got much to do with the graphic settings as the game runs smoothly otherwise, its just that at some point the UI will stop responding, like its stuck processing a previous action.

All my drivers are up to date also so its not that either.

Exclamation Improvements and BuildableOnAnyResource

New CivBERT player, old Civ5 player (tiding me over until Civ6!).

While digging through the various XML and LUA files to try and fix some balance issues I perceive with the game I came over one I couldn't fix, and saw no easy solution to.

In Rising Tide Farms and Generators are buildable on pretty much anything, which is an issue as farms are probably the strongest improvement in the game. Why build a Plantation on any bonus resource when you can build a farm?

This wasn't the case in Civ5 and disabling the expansion and trying vanilla BE confirms that this is an issue with RT specifically. Ie. you can't build Farms or Generators on resources in vanilla BE.

To wit; this isn't a balance change for RT but a straight-up bug.

Terrain improvements have numerous attributes defined in CivBEImprovements.xml and one of these are BuildableOnAnyResource which defaults to false and isn't explicitly defined for Farms and Generators.

Adding an explicitly false flag to these improvements doesn't fix the issue. Importing the vanilla BE CivBEImprovements.xml file doesn't fix it, I tried that mostly to verify there weren't some invisible formatting issue that cause the problem.

RT seems to flat out ignore the tag, which is problematic because I haven't found any manually editable files that would allow me to correct it.

I haven't played very long into the game but here are some other terrain improvements that have explicitly defined false BuildableOnAnyResource tags that others can check with. Which is to say, you should not able to build any of these on any resources

• Academy
    • Array
    • Dome
    • Manufactory
    • Node.

Indeed as the flag defaults to false you should only be able to build the generic improvements that specifically sets the flag to true on any resource (along with the ones that require a specific resource, such as Biowells or Plantations), obviously, which include only

• Terrascape
    • Outpost

and various affinity/quest wincon-related improvements.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There are also, which mirrors my experience from Civ5, issues with various aspects of the game not scaling correctly with game pace settings but these can most likely be manually fixed with mods or direct xml/lua edits. I might dig into these in more detail when I have the time.

I get the sense that this thread is pretty dead and that the likely-hood of these bugs being fixed is small, but I'm posting them anyway.

The first is a simple graphical bug - when I go to move a sea unit through ocean tiles, the number that tells me how many turns the move would take is misaligned and shows up over the tile below the cursor (see screenshot). I don't know if this happens with all units as this is my first playthrough and I am not far into the game, but it does it at least with explorers and gunships (meaning yes, it appears to do it for both sea units AND land units moving through water).

Note that this only happens for ocean tiles - sea tiles have no problem.

The second issue is with the tutorial advisor - every few turns (maybe every 20? I haven't been counting), the notification pops up for me to learn about trade routes. I already have multiple trade routes. It appears to be unrelated to how many trade units I have, and whether I have idle trade units or not. I don't yet know if it has something to do with existing trade units' positions (such as when a unit ends its turn in a city, even if it's on an active route still). I will report back as I learn more.

I'm running Windows 10. Playing the base game, plus the Exoplanets Map Pack DLC. I am NOT playing with the Rising Tides DLC (although I do own it). if you need more specific information (hardware, version number, etc), I'll post it here.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12