Thread: I was banned from 2k online servers on WWE 2k16 on Xbox One??

I was banned from 2k online servers on WWE 2k16 on Xbox One??

Last night, early this morning, I was banned from 2k online servers on Xbox One...only thing I did was upload a Hulk Hogan created superstar, that's it!!.. I didn't get a warning or anything, just got banned, I feel this is very unfair & ridiculous...I had no clue, we couldn't upload a created Hulk Hogan....I've sent a message to 2k support & got a ticket number, I've never been banned before, so hopefully this is taken cared of pretty quickly

Wow... total overreaction by 2K there. Wouldn't be surprised if WWE was behind this as well... They did the same with Benoit in 2K15, but that was understandable considering what he'd done.
    #MatchCreatorFor2K18 | Action Zone Wrestling - Triple Threat Qualifiers + Ford vs Perez!
    Thread Tags: (VL) = Very Long, (G) = GIF-Heavy, (LS) = Large Size, (S/I-...) = Suggestion/Idea

That's odd considering there are at least a dozen Hogan caws up on Xbox One that have been up since day 1. There's even a handful of Crippler Chris caws showing up.

Are you 100% sure that you're banned? What did the "banned" message say? Because I've gotten some weird error messages on CC like "This profile is not allowed to use custom content" or something to that effect, and I wasn't able to access CC until I quit out and restarted the game. Just to be safe, I hard reset my X1. But since then, everything has been fine.

(err, as "fine" as 2K's servers can be, that is)

[EDIT] If your gamertag is the same as your screen name on here, then your Hogan caw is still up on X1, along with at least 20 more Hogan caws. I just searched and it's still there; it's actually among the top 5 downloaded Hogan caws. So if you got banned, I don't think Hogan's the reason. They would've removed the CAW.
    Check out my WWE 2K17 CAWs on Xbox One, and my WrestleMania VIII and SuperBrawl II PPV's!

Quote Originally Posted by Replicant13 View Post
    That's odd considering there are at least a dozen Hogan caws up on Xbox One that have been up since day 1. There's even a handful of Crippler Chris caws showing up.

Are you 100% sure that you're banned? What did the "banned" message say? Because I've gotten some weird error messages on CC like "This profile is not allowed to use custom content" or something to that effect, and I wasn't able to access CC until I quit out and restarted the game. Just to be safe, I hard reset my X1. But since then, everything has been fine.

[EDIT] If your gamertag is the same as your screen name on here, then your Hogan caw is still up on X1, along with at least 20 more Hogan caws. I just searched and it's still there; it's actually among the top 5 downloaded Hogan caws. So if you got banned, I don't think Hogan's the reason. They would've removed the CAW.
    They removed my original one, I didn't understand why, so I tried uploading it again, it said he was corrupted..so I copied him to another slot, changed his name to Terry, to see if that would work, it did..then about 5mins after, I was banned...so it had to be from my original upload, since my newer one is still there...I have uploaded nothing else, & haven't played online yet either, so it has to be from my original upload, which is ridiculous!!!

We were told there'd be a list of things you can't upload, but we NEVER got one! This is quite a blunder on 2K's part..
    The death of sanity; The birth of madness. @xMisterGorex
    See unique content in WWE and other games from me on YouTube ► http://bit.ly/1wNuCkY

Well atleast the banning are better then last year banning the uploaders not the people who download them. I have downloaded a Hogan&Benoit not banned.
    For the best efeds on Twitch please visit this channel.

http://www.twitch.tv/zombspawn

X-box is racist? ps4 is floated with hogans. I think what happen if you did get banned is that you got banned for spam submitting.

Pro tip, if it's gone there is a reason why it got delete.

I don't tend to believe this. The amount of topics you see on Xbox forums or vice versa. People get console banned and are like "I got banned for NO REASON! All I did was swear and insult this guy who insulted me, I was defending myself. MS are overreacting!" then the rep comes back with "You were banned for engaging in and/or the soliciting of modded lobbies on Call of Duty" or something stupid. No one EVER tells the full truth of any offenses.

sorry i dont believe it either
    1st tons of hogans up
    2nd look at all the spam CAWs from same users
    3rd look at the close to xxx junk on the logos and crap, all of which the uploaders are still uploading
    2KDEVS ALL THIS 1.03 PATCH DO WAS MAKE A BIGGER MESS OF AN ALREADY MESSED UP GAME, FIX IT

Stop uploading racists and murderers and you wont be banned,simple. You should have known that this was going to happen.
    Strength is not will,but a phenomenon caused by physical objects: Madara Uchiha

Either way, 2k should have clearly stated the rules. They won't put up a good list because they are afraid of criticism.
    "Fascinating." - Spock

Quote Originally Posted by kirtanloorii View Post
    Either way, 2k should have clearly stated the rules. They won't put up a good list because they are afraid of criticism.
    Agreed. Should be clear about this stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Replicant13 View Post

I downloaded Hollywood Hogan and a Krispin Wah

Are you serious guys? If you knew anything about Daniel, he's been helping the community for year's now. It's 2K's fault for not telling us who can be uploaded and who can't.

I've seen tons of Hogans... can't be that taboo. Besides, Hogan rocks.

We're investigating this currently. I already have DANIELakaDEE's ticket #.

The ban is now clear.

Cool stuff. Was it because of Hogan?

Quote Originally Posted by M V P View Post
    I don't tend to believe this. The amount of topics you see on Xbox forums or vice versa. People get console banned and are like "I got banned for NO REASON! All I did was swear and insult this guy who insulted me, I was defending myself. MS are overreacting!" then the rep comes back with "You were banned for engaging in and/or the soliciting of modded lobbies on Call of Duty" or something stupid. No one EVER tells the full truth of any offenses.
    100% agree. Always someone else's fault and not there's. You got banned for a reason. You don't get banned just because lol. It's pretty clear there's more to this story. 2 sides to every coin; story. Just tell the truth. Take full responsibility. Be accountable for your own actions.

Glad the ban was lifted but I see this constantly online with people, not talking about OP.

20. Quote Originally Posted by Lilhurk1985187 View Post
    Stop uploading racists and murderers and you wont be banned,simple. You should have known that this was going to happen.
    A racist isn't even in the same universe of bad as a child murderer and wife murderer. Hogan being an idiot doesn't stop him from being the biggest wrestling name ever.

It wouldn't surprise if next they ban Sandow, Righteous and all the other popular creators.

Quote Originally Posted by MechanicalBipper View Post
    A racist isn't even in the same universe of bad as a child murderer and wife murderer. Hogan being an idiot doesn't stop him from being the biggest wrestling name ever.
    This, except, Hogan may have made a comment that was inappropriate, but that does not make him a racist. That's whats wrong with this country today, people are judged on one thing they said and automatically labelled a racist. I don't want to get into a whole political thing here, but it is getting sooo out of hand. If there were secret cameras recording anybody I bet they make comments in the privacy of their own homes that they wouldn't make outside those walls.

Hogan needs to be forgiven and this crap needs to be left in the rear-view because it's gotten way out of hand.

Quote Originally Posted by rabidcatfan View Post
    This, except, Hogan may have made a comment that was inappropriate, but that does not make him a racist. That's whats wrong with this country today, people are judged on one thing they said and automatically labelled a racist. I don't want to get into a whole political thing here, but it is getting sooo out of hand. If there were secret cameras recording anybody I bet they make comments in the privacy of their own homes that they wouldn't make outside those walls.

Hogan needs to be forgiven and this crap needs to be left in the rear-view because it's gotten way out of hand.
    Dude, we're on the sensitive wuss era ... hopefully it'll go away soon.

As for TC, glad he got un-banned.

can you ban all the morons who add tags to their creations that have absolutely nothing to do with the creations themselves in order for them to show up in searches?

Quote Originally Posted by Denk15 View Post
    can you ban all the morons who add tags to their creations that have absolutely nothing to do with the creations themselves in order for them to show up in searches?
    I find this tagging thing dumb, search for something #Dudley & you get crap tons of Velvet Skys

Quote Originally Posted by Vore2K View Post
    The ban is now clear.
    Thanks again Vore2k for clearing this all up & getting my ban lifted, I really appreciate it... as for the comments on here about that I must've done something bad, or spammed or whatever other ridiculous stuff that was said...NO, all I did was upload my Hogan caw, that was it...if you know me, I've been helping out the Xbox community for many years now, I'm one of the good guys, thanks for the ones on here, twitter & YouTube, for sticking up for me, I really appreciate guys

Quote Originally Posted by DANIELakaDEE View Post
    Thanks again Vore2k for clearing this all up & getting my ban lifted, I really appreciate it... as for the comments on here about that I must've done something bad, or spammed or whatever other ridiculous stuff that was said...NO, all I did was upload my Hogan caw, that was it...if you know me, I've been helping out the Xbox community for many years now, I'm one of the good guys, thanks for the ones on here, twitter & YouTube, for sticking up for me, I really appreciate guys
    did Vore explain why you were banned? was it really for the Hogan caw? I see a few of them myself on the PS4

How do you tell if your banned

AGAIN this crap only happens because WE WERE TOLD we'd get a list of things we can't upload, but we -NEVER- got one. This can be pinned on a lack of information given by 2K. Get it together.
    See unique content in WWE and other games from me on YouTube ► http://bit.ly/1wNuCkY

YOU for NOT SPREADING RUMOURS!
    If true, that's the info-leaking rule, if false, that's the trolling rule.
    Discuss the possibility of something, but please do not link it to what 'sources' say.

EXAMPLES OF PUNISHABLE CONTENT/BEHAVIOR INCLUDE:

Inappropriate and/or lewd content: nudity, profanity, racism, hate-speech.
    Illegally modified Superstar attributes.
    Illegally modified Superstar move-sets.
    Bullying other users. Examples: users that are part of the same clan insulting the victim via reviews of their content, or making a degrading CAS of victim.
    Uploading content with the intent of exploiting gameplay and damaging the gameplay environment.
    Examples: freezing finishers, invisible Superstars, hacked move-sets, gender-swapped Superstars. (Diva that can fight male Superstars and vice-versa).
    Repeatedly and intentionally uploading content that falls within any of the criteria above.
    Boosting/Colluding with other users or accounts to exploit the game for the purpose of gaining wins and rankings, etc.

^ Them's the rules guys, (although nothing is mentioned about Hulk Hogan or Chris Benoit).
    Twitter: @JDJCW555 (https://twitter.com/JDJCW555)

Quote Originally Posted by JCW555 View Post
    EXAMPLES OF PUNISHABLE CONTENT/BEHAVIOR INCLUDE:

Inappropriate and/or lewd content: nudity, profanity, racism, hate-speech.
    Illegally modified Superstar attributes.
    Illegally modified Superstar move-sets.
    Bullying other users. Examples: users that are part of the same clan insulting the victim via reviews of their content, or making a degrading CAS of victim.
    Uploading content with the intent of exploiting gameplay and damaging the gameplay environment.
    Examples: freezing finishers, invisible Superstars, hacked move-sets, gender-swapped Superstars. (Diva that can fight male Superstars and vice-versa).
    Repeatedly and intentionally uploading content that falls within any of the criteria above.
    Boosting/Colluding with other users or accounts to exploit the game for the purpose of gaining wins and rankings, etc.

^ Them's the rules guys, (although nothing is mentioned about Hulk Hogan or Chris Benoit).
    So which of these did DANIELakaDEE violate to get his ban in the first place?

It's not that these rules aren't acceptable, it's that numerous users seem to be getting arbitrarily banned by overzealous content moderators only to have the bans lifted after they kick up a stir. So maybe it's time to do a mod review and see who specifically is dishing out all these bans that aren't warranted.
    Kore wa Zen Nihon Puroresu. - Toshiaki Kawada

Quote Originally Posted by JCW555 View Post
    although nothing is mentioned about Hulk Hogan or Chris Benoit
    ^BINGO
    You can't really punish someone for breaking a rule that wasn't stated.
    If it wasn't stated, it's not officially a rule.

I was banned back in WWE 12 for absolutely no reason and couldn't even appeal it lol but it did unban me after a while. That was back with thq. I think you'd just get banned if enough people reported you for beating them to easy lol. I guess that doesn't apply though now with no way to report people anymore. Still, getting banned for uploading guys WWE doesn't like seems ubsurd. I read someone was banned for just downloading one. Dunno if that's true or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeokage View Post
    That should be a sticky on both new & last gen forums. I'm sure you knew that. Ha!

I made doubly sure that there was a link to the Knowledge Base in the Community Support subforum's stuck threads just in case. Everyone should know where that is.

Answers to specific issues and wrestlers would be nice to have at some point, though, if it's possible.
    YOU for NOT SPREADING RUMOURS!
    If true, that's the info-leaking rule, if false, that's the trolling rule.
    Discuss the possibility of something, but please do not link it to what 'sources' say.