Page 1 of 150 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Official NECA BioShock Figures/Props Info Thread

Official NECA BioShock Figures/Props Info Thread

TheQuarterBin.com breaks news from Wizard World Philly that NECA will be producing action figures from BIOSHOCK 2 and ARMY OF TWO.

The first series of BioShock figures will release in conjunction with the sequel this October and will feature the Big Daddy Bouncer and a new character threat, Big Sister. Other figures announced include a Big Daddy Rosie, Splicers, and the Big Daddy Player. No images were released at the show, though NECA has plans to have them on display at San Diego Comic-Con.

**MODERATOR NOTE**
    Although 2K Games does not endorse or recommend any particular retailers, your fellow forum members have compiled a list of stores that should carry these items. This list is not all-inclusive, but it is a good place to start.
    CLICK LINK FOR MORE INFO
    Last edited by japester; 01-23-2010 at 08:49 PM.

Awesome! Looks like I'm going to have to pick one up. How exciting!

Oh my, I need money for them, haha

AWWEESSOOMMMEEEE!! I love action figures.

Oh man, just when I finally stopped collecting action figures and actually got rid of all the ones anyone would want that I had.

I would HAVE to have a splicer.

Don't worry, Hound, NECA figures are almost always cheap. The AVP:R figures were, I think, $15 for a two-pack. And even their 18 inch talking figures like Pinhead were only $30, I think.

Now I'll tell you what would be cool...if Hot Toys would make some 12 inch BioShock figures.
    Last edited by BucketBot; 06-22-2009 at 08:33 AM. Reason: I'm a moron and kept spelling NECA as NECO

Give me Revoltech Splicers for crazy, threatening poses! LOL

This is great news. I'm not a big NECA fan, but I'll take them over no figures at all. I just hope they review the source material and use joints that allow the BD's to assume the classic poses (threat, shove, dash, attack, etc). If they can only bend their knees and have ball shoulders and hinge elbows, we won't be able to do much with that.

I'd dig a nice statue with the proto Daddy fighting the Big Sister. If I was King of the World, Randy Bowen would sculpt it.

Excellent! I can create my own little Rapture in my living room then

Quote Originally Posted by BucketBot View Post
    Oh man, just when I finally stopped collecting action figures and actually got rid of all the ones anyone would want that I had.

I would HAVE to have a splicer.

Don't worry, Hound, NECO figures are almost always cheap. The AVP:R figures were, I think, $15 for a two-pack. And even their 18 inch talking figures like Pinhead were only $30, I think.

Now I'll tell you what would be cool...if Hot Toys would make some 12 inch BioShock figures.
    Oh, thank you for the information! Always good to know. I saw those figures, glad they aren't too expensive

Those Hot Toys are very awesome, a friend showed me the site yesterday, would be glad to see some BioShock figures from them.
    Last edited by Deathhound; 06-21-2009 at 05:44 PM.

I stopped collecting figures went I started high school. But this is really tempting.
    I'm concerned that the detail of the action figures might not be good though, since the price is so low.

NECA actually makes really good figures considering...I mean, obviously they are not as poseable or as detailed as a Hot Toys figure, but Hot Toys products are almost always over $100, so you get what you pay for.
    The NECA 12 inch figures are excellent, but not very flexible. Like with V from V for Vendetta. He looked perfect, but he was essentially a statue. His arms and legs could be moved, but they only really "worked" when he was set in one position.
    The AVP:R figures were much smaller than 12 inches and also not very poseable, but they looked spot-on.

Bottom line: they basically only come in one position, are small, but look great (usually) and are affordable.
    Last edited by BucketBot; 06-22-2009 at 08:33 AM. Reason: I'm a moron and kept spelling NECA as NECO

That's great news! I love collecting NECA toys! They're so detailed and affordable. I have Ephialtes from 300, Lord Voldemort from Harry Potter, and Davy Jones from Pirates of The Carribean. Can't wait to add the Big Sister to my collection. By the way, NECA toys are usually around $20.00
    Last edited by Electro-Bolt; 06-22-2009 at 10:04 AM.

Awesome news!! Man, I hope they either have Toasty, Waders or Baby Jane for the splicer figures. [Or all of them! -gasp-]

NECA usually makes pretty good figures, hopefully these will be, too!

Ima gonna hafta get a Bouncer!

sweet tastycakes

how exciting, ive been looking around trying to find some Bioshock apparel and such hopefully it wont be to expensive!

OMG! This is amazing news! I always wanted Bioshock figures.
    Day one my friends, day one.

if there cheap I will get a playset of these for decoration of my room

Do want. Can't wait for them! I'll probably just end up leaving them in their package and hang them around my room .

Oh, whatever. I was bored.
    Last edited by the Riveter; 06-23-2009 at 01:59 PM.

Wow... was that really necesary? I actually find that very wrong, and inapropriate, especially for a Bioshock action figure tread...

Anyways back on topic, I would want a Bouncer, a Rosie, and... I think that'll be all, cuz That will be enough for my collection, Though I do still need a good Bioshock shirt, the last one I got was made ****ily, so is all cheap and stuff, It shows the Big daddy bouncer eyes red, and under reads, Whos Your Daddy? Then shows the Bioshock logo, which is coming off. I also wanna get the art book, but I dont have money to burn right now...

hey if you guys had the dough, which model would you get first?

i'd get a rosie cuz i think they're the ****

or if big daddies cost more than a splicer, id get a splicer. but i'd have to see which one looks the coolest. i hope they have all the splicer designs from bs1!!!
    Last edited by japester; 06-23-2009 at 08:05 PM. Reason: language

Big Daddy, all the way, but Bouncer cuz they RULE!!!! Did ya hear me? RUUUUUUUUUULLLLLLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!! *cough* sorry got a little excited there. Does anyone know when they will be released?

nevermind this post
    Last edited by ADAMJUNKIE; 06-23-2009 at 02:03 PM. Reason: found the quote

here it is

Quote Originally Posted by mintoncard View Post
    TheQuarterBin.com breaks news from Wizard World Philly that NECA will be producing action figures from BIOSHOCK 2 and ARMY OF TWO.

The first series of BioShock figures will release in conjunction with the sequel this October and will feature the Big Daddy Bouncer and a new character threat, Big Sister. Other figures announced include a Big Daddy Rosie, Splicers, and the Big Daddy Player. No images were released at the show, though NECA has plans to have them on display at San Diego Comic-Con.
    try reading the original post

O, Duh. Imma gonna hafta get it!!! So it comes out Nov. 3 in U.S. Right? Dang, was hopen it would come out before my b-day, oct 16, would have saved me some money.

Quote Originally Posted by vitiis View Post
    Excellent! I can create my own little Rapture in my living room then
    You should get a fish tank and put them in there. Then, punch holes in the figures and make fires in air pockets.

Wait, why would the action figures function are Rapture itself?

Woot! Thats awesome cant wait to pick one up. :P

NECA is the right choice.
    Their RE4 and RE5 Figure lines are extremely well done with
    great attention to detail.
    Hot Toys (out of China) would be my choice for any future 12"
    articulated Big Daddy or Big Sister Figures.

Cinderella Is Right a Dream That You Wish Does Come True!
    And as Ash Kechem Said Pokemon "Gotta Cacth em all!" well Not Catch More or Less Beg My Mother To Please Let Me Have Atleast 1 Even Though i Promised no More Action Figures
    Last edited by LittleSisterSaviour; 06-24-2009 at 12:06 PM.

I prefer a resin statue over an action figure anyday, but since there is nothing at this time in terms of statue besides the Big Daddy collector's figure (I have one), I might grab these when they come out if they are high quality.

Im going to have to buy the Big Daddy prototype.

NECA will have the figures (for show) at San Diego Comic-con.

^that was already said in the original post...

ugh more stuff for my addiction

Quote Originally Posted by xXMINTY DEATHXx View Post
    Great video thanks for the post.

I can't wait for these figures. They are going to be awesome collectibles. I just hope the price isn't to steep.
    I doubt anyone knows yet, but is there any idea on the price range? I guess based on past figures the company has released.
    Last edited by A_Man_Chooses; 07-12-2009 at 12:18 PM.

I'm gonna say, based on their other figure packs, it will be around $40 for both.

Based on Neca's previous work, I will probably purchase all of their Bioshock toys.

NECA does pretty good work so I'm excited to get these. I hope they make a little Sander Cohen figure. I would LOOOOOOOOOOVE that! And the splicers with little pipe and masquerade ball accessories.

Are these going to be in a limited supply, or not? Sorry, this is kinda the first time I have never really paid attention to video game figures before this, but I am going to have to get the bouncer, and perhaps the rosie/big sister.

Quote Originally Posted by RTM View Post
    Are these going to be in a limited supply, or not? Sorry, this is kinda the first time I have never really paid attention to video game figures before this, but I am going to have to get the bouncer, and perhaps the rosie/big sister.
    Neca toys are often pretty limited. if I were you and I happened to find one of the Neca toys, I wouldn't hesitate to purchase it.

Page 1 of 150 1231151101 ... LastLast