Thread: Woth It ?

Woth It ?

So I'm wondering what the consensus is here as to whether CIV V is worth it or not. Almost all of the opinions I see on Amazon are negative, but that seems to be mostly complaints about STEAM. I might be willing to deal with STEAM and give it a shot if I could get some serious opinions from some you who play it.

I am currently playing IV.

I have over a thousand hours on it and I still find new nuances to the game, not to mention I havent yet touched Mods or even played much of the very fun custom maps. I have no problem saying its the best strategy game I ever played, and Ive been playing them for some 20 years now.
    If you believe humans are more than ants in any way; if you believe humans can do anything unnatural; if you believe evolution can be stopped or directed towards a "worse" path by human medicine - youre religious, regardless of what you think about gods.

How much trouble was STEAM for you and getting to the point that you could play offline without a hassle ?

Civ V is great for single player.
    Multi-player still has issues that will never get fixed.
    I gave up on Civ V a few months ago and haven't logged into STEAM in half a year, and when I finally uninstalled Steam, my account got hacked.

I got about a dozen emails that looked like this:

100.00 GBP 已被添加到您的 Steam 钱包。这些资金可以立即在 Steam 商店中使用。

您可能需要等待一段时间才能将这些资金用于其他 Steam 功能。

这封电子邮件将作为您的收据。您也可以随时在线查看您的消费历史记录。

Steam Wallet funds
    100.00 GBP

小计
    100.00 GBP

税额
    0.00 GBP

配送
    0.00 GBP

总计:
    100.00 GBP

支付信息

Visa 卡号末尾 1440
    100.00 GBP

确认码

确认日期
    Sat Jan 02 21:16:40 2016

根据您的订购,您同意您将被立即授予使用该数字内容的权利,因此不再享受该内容的退款服务。此项购买内容受 技术措施保护。其已与您的 Steam 帐户关联,只有在运行 Steam 客户端并且通过互联网与 Steam 服务器成功连接的硬件上才可使用。

Valve S. r.l.
    L-2450 Luxembourg
    Registration Number: xxxxx
    VAT ID: xxxxx
    IBLT Number: xxxxx
    valvesarl@steampowered.com

I had to create a support account and was able to get everything fixed by killing my account. So Civ V hit the trash.

So, as far as STEAM games go.... I'm 1 and done.

Ive never had a single problem with steam. When my wireless is off, I just start it on offline mode.
    If you believe humans are more than ants in any way; if you believe humans can do anything unnatural; if you believe evolution can be stopped or directed towards a "worse" path by human medicine - youre religious, regardless of what you think about gods.

Quote Originally Posted by greyghost View Post
    So I'm wondering what the consensus is here as to whether CIV V is worth it or not. Almost all of the opinions I see on Amazon are negative, but that seems to be mostly complaints about STEAM. I might be willing to deal with STEAM and give it a shot if I could get some serious opinions from some you who play it.

I am currently playing IV.
    Steam does not cause any issues.

Civ5 is a very good game, it is certainly worth it, but after a few years I got bored and went back to Civ4.

It is kinda worth it, but there are major drawbacks in comparison to older versions. The best game in the civ series so far is Civ 4, that's the one you want to buy even though it is older. My main opinion why is because of the stack limitation in civ 5 of one unit per tile but that's really just the beginning and only an analogy for the rest of the flaws, I guess they were trying to revamp the mechanics, but it was a major fail in my mind, even though some of the ideas in Civ 5 were great, like city bombarding and waiting for cities to evolve from colonies to become actual cities. Anyway, the point to takeaway is BUY CIV 4 and the expansions and then the Rise of mankind mod and you will be impressed, and if you aren't you have mental issues.

Quote Originally Posted by brunopradosantos View Post
    I have over a thousand hours on it and I still find new nuances to the game, not to mention I havent yet touched Mods or even played much of the very fun custom maps. I have no problem saying its the best strategy game I ever played, and Ive been playing them for some 20 years now.
    Every syllable in this answer applies to me as well. I have also never had ANY problems with Steam, but I use a mac, so maybe that makes a difference.

the point to takeaway is BUY CIV 4 and the expansions and then the Rise of mankind mod and you will be impressed

I actually prefer that units can't be stacked. More strategic thinking required, and it makes the game that much closer to a highly evolved chess game. I especially like the hexagonal board.

IMHO if CIV 4 had long range units it would be my choice over Civ 5. Civ 5 now is fun up to the point where you get a city from "the enemy"
    due to his money issued ( or some thing else ). At that point I just quit and go back to "combat" only -- and if you set that at 6 it is a challenge.