Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: An Update on the Future Stars DLC patch fix for Universe Mode

An Update on the Future Stars DLC patch fix for Universe Mode

For those not aware, the WWE 2K16 Future Stars pack DLC has affected some users’ Universe Mode save files. As a reminder, do not download the Future Stars Pack if you play Universe Mode as it will affect that mode's save file. The development team has created a patch fix, and we are working with Sony and Microsoft to deliver the fix to players as quickly as possible. We’ll let you know as soon as we hear any updates on the timing of the release. Below are a few details about the upcoming fix.

Once a player installs the upcoming patch fix:
    • WWE Universe changes will now save properly when exiting the mode or restarting the title
    • Users who did not previously install the WWE 2K16 Future Stars Pack and install Patch 5 before installing the DLC should not encounter any issues in WWE Universe
    • Users who installed the WWE 2K16 Future Stars Pack on Patch 4 and encountered issues with Universe elements resetting will not be able to recover their exact pre-Future Stars Pack installation WWE Universe save state. Ongoing rivalries, calendar changes, and Championship changes that were previously set will not be restored automatically. All impacted items can be manually readjusted. Additionally, affected users should not have to reset their entire Universe save state to continue playing the mode, which will now save changes properly.
    Last edited by Vore2K; 01-29-2016 at 06:18 PM.

Wow, if this works I'm actually going to be impressed. Hope it drops soon.

Quote Originally Posted by ReverseLegSweep View Post
    That makes two of us.

Thanks for finally giving us some info. Can we not let something this bad happen again??
    Season 1: Wrestlemania++|Season 2: Summerslam++|Season 3: Hardened++|TEAM: Wolf Pac 2.0: Elite+

Thanks for the update!

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Creep View Post
    That makes two of us.
    I always said I'd be reasonable and not overreact if they fixed it as quickly as they possibly could, and kept us informed. If it works (the biggest of ifs) then I'll be placated.

Until the HoF Showcase does it all again.

Quote Originally Posted by Eat Owens Eat View Post
    Thanks for finally giving us some info. Can we not let something this bad happen again??
    Yeah, can we just drop Yuke's ASAP?
    I drink and I know things.

I'll be waiting...
    THE PEOPLE's COMMUNITY MANAGER
    #GMMode2k18
    #MyCareerIsTrash

Thank you 2K, Hope it comes soon. I respect you 2K for trying to fix this as soon as possible. I hope it doesnt happen again in the final patch.

Quote Originally Posted by HeelStr33t View Post
    I'll be waiting...
    As will I; I even keep a little safe container with popcorn in it that says "Break Glass In Case of HeelStr33t!".

It'll probably fix the issue the future stars pack caused, only to break something else they fixed earlier.

Also, the contract with 2k just got extended. So we have many half finished games that haven't been tested to look forward too

"As quickly as possible" means "with the HOF Showcase DLC"....

Quote Originally Posted by TheWrestlingDead View Post
    I'm willing to give them a chance to not do that.

I installed Future Stars but I have not been in my universe since. Only exhibition matches, if I wait until the patch, will my universe remain unaffected?

Thanks for the update!

Quote Originally Posted by TheWrestlingDead View Post
    Or in the patch after that one, after all, the Finn Bálor entrance was advertised to be a part of patch 1.03...we know how that went down.

Quote Originally Posted by Elwaster View Post
    I installed Future Stars but I have not been in my universe since. Only exhibition matches, if I wait until the patch, will my universe remain unaffected?
    If I read Vore's post correctly, you should be okay. Don't quote me on that though. I haven't touched Universe Mode either since installing the Future Stars DLC. Then again, I'm waiting until the last DLC drops to start the mode.

Quote Originally Posted by Smasher1311 View Post
    Or in the patch after that one, after all, the Finn Bálor entrance was advertised to be a part of patch 1.03...we know how that went down.
    Yeah, what was up with that? At least we got an updated Kevin Owens entrance and the advertised Dolph Ziggler championship entrance.

There won't be any more patches once that DLC is released. No matter the state of the game, all focus will shift to 2K17.
    #GMMode2k18
    #MyCareerIsTrash

There won't be any more patches once that DLC is released. No matter the state of the game, all focus will shift to 2K17.
    In the words of Charlie Sheen...THERE it is...you got the whole point. What I meant is that, there might not be a fix at all.

In the words of Charlie Sheen...THERE it is...you got the whole point. What I meant is that, there might not be a fix at all.
    Oh, okay. I thought you were actually expecting more fixes to their screw-ups.
    #GMMode2k18
    #MyCareerIsTrash

Will this patch also be for PS3? Cause the last gen systems have the same problem.

Oh, okay. I thought you were actually expecting more fixes to their screw-ups.
    With them, you can expect nothing but a big pile of customers asking for refunds. ''The patch after the HOF DLC'' is nothing but a fictional hope. I hope the state of the company gets better. As I said, first of all, they have to give Yuke's goodbye.

Quote Originally Posted by ReverseLegSweep
    Or better yet, IF it somehow screws something else up, or a new DLC breaks something, how about better feedback and updates on where you are in the process of fixing it!

TWO DAYS between responses, and there was never even an actual apology for screwing up our games to start with.

will that be pn ps3 aswell as we are having the same problem

Quote Originally Posted by WROOTWWE View Post
    will that be pn ps3 aswell as we are having the same problem
    I hope so.

Quote Originally Posted by Vore2K View Post
    For those not aware, the WWE 2K16 Future Stars pack DLC has affected some users’ Universe Mode save files. The development team has created a patch fix, and we are working with Sony and Microsoft to deliver the fix to players as quickly as possible. We’ll let you know as soon as we hear any updates on the timing of the release. Below are a few details about the upcoming fix.

Once a player installs the upcoming patch fix:
    • WWE Universe changes will now save properly when exiting the mode or restarting the title
    • Users who did not previously install the WWE 2K16 Future Stars Pack and install Patch 5 before installing the DLC should not encounter any issues in WWE Universe
    • Users who installed the WWE 2K16 Future Stars Pack on Patch 4 and encountered issues with Universe elements resetting will not be able to recover their exact pre-Future Stars Pack installation WWE Universe save state. Ongoing rivalries, calendar changes, and Championship changes that were previously set will not be restored automatically. All impacted items can be manually readjusted. Additionally, affected users should not have to reset their entire Universe save state to continue playing the mode, which will now save changes properly.
    Thanks for the update.

awesome, hope it drops soon!!! I can't stand having to reset my universe every time I turn the game back on... thank you for the update.

As I just posted on Facebook. "Yay! I MIGHT be able to Download Blake, Murphy, Los Matadores and Samoa Joe soon"

Quote Originally Posted by lg_lantern View Post
    It'll probably fix the issue the future stars pack caused, only to break something else they fixed earlier.

Also, the contract with 2k just got extended. So we have many half finished games that haven't been tested to look forward too
    That's a shame.

Quote Originally Posted by lg_lantern View Post

I'm gonna try to give them the benefit of the doubt here, because this is the only major problem I've had with the game. Not to say others haven't, but this and the Title Warping on CAW's (that's driving me nuts TBH) this is really the only issue I've really had. The others I found were somewhat fixable.

Quote Originally Posted by Paige-A-Holic View Post
    Title Warping on CAW's (that's driving me nuts TBH)
    Titles also warp when alt attires are used on WWE Superstars...

CAWs doing the time warp agaiiiiiiin.

Ahem, sorry about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Bradbingham40447 View Post
    Will this patch also be for PS3? Cause the last gen systems have the same problem.
    I don't even think they've acknowledged that it's an issue for last gen.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Creep View Post
    Titles also warp when alt attires are used on WWE Superstars...
    I never use Alt's on Regular superstars so I never really notice it on my game, but I've seen pics and yeah it's exactly the same thing I've been experiencing with my CAW's

Quote Originally Posted by Bradbingham40447 View Post
    I didnt have any trouble on my xbox 360 version!
    and since i checked here first I did not download that future pack yet first will take their update patch

Glad to hear it's underway, but yeah, already resetted Universe, so still kinda screwed

Quote Originally Posted by Paige-A-Holic View Post
    I'm gonna try to give them the benefit of the doubt here, because this is the only major problem I've had with the game. Not to say others haven't, but this and the Title Warping on CAW's (that's driving me nuts TBH) this is really the only issue I've really had. The others I found were somewhat fixable.
    yeah the best fix for the title warps is the the following championship motions Generic 1 and 2, the rock, stone cold, paige , randy orton and kevin owens!

Quote Originally Posted by cfcpiedro View Post
    Glad to hear it's underway, but yeah, already resetted Universe, so still kinda screwed.
    But atleast if the patch works you can start over and not have the resetting crap happen anymore good luck!

Will the Stone Cold Said so Acheivement be fixed in this or the next patch too Vore. This Achievment is still broken and unachievable because videos keep resetting. You've probably heard this a thousand times, but it needs to be fixed. This is the only Acheivement currently given me trouble out of all of the modes.

Just hope we don't lose precious game data (CAW, move-sets, etc.) in the process of this fix.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast