Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Can't connect to forums on WiFi

Quote Originally Posted by ReverseLegSweep View Post
    Just a quick question; in the run up to it stopping working, did you have multiple tabs of the forum up on your browser (e.g. your Universe thread and the main index, as an example) or just the one tab? And have you tried leaving your wifi off for an hour, not going on the forum at all, then re-establishing your connection and attempting once again? That worked for me.

Good luck!
    It's weird because it was working perfectly one night, then when I signed out and got back on the next day, I had no other tabs running and it wouldn't work. I'm going to turn off the entire router here in a minute and just leave it alone. Hopefully I'll have the same luck as you!
    Check out "The Wrestling Era", here, on the 2K Wrestling Wiki!!

I'm off again as of about an hour ago. Frustrating as I'm planning to so a lot of Universe diary stuff today.
    UNION Wrestling Season 2 moves towards UNEASY ALLIANCE! (here)
    ReverseLegSweep: MyPlayer Misadventures diary coming soon!
    WWE 2K Wiki (here) 2K/YUKE'S Characters (here) WW-Eek Alt. WWE Universe (here)

What were you doing at the time? I've noticed that it can happen when posting larger posts as well.
    YOU for the CYBER SERIES!
    Vote to decide who is the best male WWE Superstar on the roster today!
    Currently voting: Semi-Final Matches

The latest post in my Universe diary (I managed to copy most of it to an email to myself, allowing me to paste it from my phone and complete it on my data), which is fairly long, admittedly.

Same here man! And for me it's not something that happened WHILE I was using the site. It's something that happened when I tried to access it after my computer was off. It's kind of a big hassle seeing as how I can't use my laptop to type my universe diary. I mean, I've been using Microsoft word, but it's a pain to copy and paste the codes for color and stuff in word. Hopefully this is something than can be fixed soon. It's been a little over a week on my end.
    Check out "The Wrestling Era", here, on the 2K Wrestling Wiki!!

I feel your pain, but this is obviously a very persistent and difficult to pin down issue. I've been experiencing it on and off for a good while now, and theres users who were experiencing before me.

Hopefully they'll be able to find it soon. And hopefully you're back on soon.

So, this problem has kind of come back... in a smaller and somehow more irritating way. I get kicked from the forum for a short period and then randomly get back on. All but one of those times has been WiFi only, though the last time it was mobile data, too. Luckily it isn't lasting for weeks at a time like it used to, but still a disruptive occurrence.

I got a short one on mobile data this week too...

Were you doing anything in particular when the connection dropped? Or was it when trying to access the forums in the first place?

I can't remember for sure what action I was doing... Although considering the time I was probably removing spam.

I was replying to a thread that involved copy/pasting... which was something of a common occurrence back when I was getting this regularly.

Presumably your spam removal didn't involve anything like that, though...

I have been having the same problem for around a week or so.

After trying everything you can think of: Clear cache, clear everything related to the browser, reset Wi-Fi, update browser, try different browsers, test ping, clear DNS cache...everything you can think of I discovered the problem was likely my IP was blocked, donīt know why. Currently I am using a proxy to post here, but thatīs not a solution due security issues.

Glad I am not the only one having this problem though, at least I am not alone here. Hope this is fixed soon.

Hey Top Heel, what tends to work for me (which you may already have tried) when suffering this issue is to entirely disconnect the internet for at least ten minutes, and then allow my PC to reconnect with no web pages open and then restart the PC. Coincidence or not, it's worked every time I'm tried it.

Quote Originally Posted by ReverseLegSweep View Post
    Hey Top Heel, what tends to work for me (which you may already have tried) when suffering this issue is to entirely disconnect the internet for at least ten minutes, and then allow my PC to reconnect with no web pages open and then restart the PC. Coincidence or not, it's worked every time I'm tried it.
    First of, thanks for the advice ReverseLegSweep.

I have tried disconnecting my internet for 20 seconds, then reconnecting it. Have tried it many times for this last days and it didnīt work. I havenīt tried letting it disconnected for 10 minutes or so, but I donīt have a dynamic IP modem so if the issue is that my IP is blocked by 2Kforums that wonīt solve the issue. Anyways Iīm gonna try, Iīll disconnect my modem while I have dinner and Iīll tell you later if it has worked or not.

No problem, I know how frustrating this issue can be and am happy to try and help out. Fingers crossed it works for you!

Nothing. I have had my modem disconnected for over an hour, switched it on again and I am still getting the same problem with the page not loading, still needing a proxy to access the forums. Thanks anyways.

I hope this gets fixed as soon as possible.

Sad to hear the fix didn't work for you. Sorry for being nosey, but did your problem begin when trying to load the site fresh in your browser or were you essentially 'kicked' from the site, with a thread or the index failing to load while you already on here?

Update: Problem solved for me. Today I can enter the 2K forums through my IP, without using a proxy. I havenīt touched anything, havenīt changed anything, havenīt done anything, so I guess that either 2K has lifted my IP ban or whatever was causing the error has been fixed.

We've swapped! I was kicked while trying to send a PM...

Glad you're back on though, Top Heel.

And now I'm having problems again. For whatever reason, I have been posting with no problem for a while, but a few minutes ago I had trouble, no page loaded, and it seems my IP is banned from connecting with 2K forums again while using a proxy I don't have those problems.

Any news on why is this happening?

And today I can connect again through normal means, without needing a proxy. Don't know why, yesterday (and for the last 6 days or so) I couldn't, hope I don't get the same problem again.

Ok so in all the time ive been a member here. I never had this problem. But 2 days ago i did. Doesnt matter what browser i use. If i try saved links or fresh google searches. All that works is turning off wifi and using moble and yes ive tried all the fixes
    Quote Originally Posted by 2Kayfabe View Post
    Just remember though, who knows what surprises are in store for the rest of the DLC ; )
    20 wrestlers less, 20 entrances less, 20 songs less, 20 titantrons less, lots of clothes less, but hey, we get a cheat code

nothings changed and im able to log in on my computer, which im on now
    Quote Originally Posted by 2Kayfabe View Post
    Just remember though, who knows what surprises are in store for the rest of the DLC ; )
    20 wrestlers less, 20 entrances less, 20 songs less, 20 titantrons less, lots of clothes less, but hey, we get a cheat code

That's how it goes for some users, weirdly, paula. There doesn't seem to be a real sense of logic to it, that we can see anyway. Glad you're apparently back with us, though.

I started having this issue day before yesterday. I'm only able to access the site through a proxy site right at the moment. When I run a network diagnostic, I get the messages "Problem with your wireless adapter" and "Your computer appears to be configured correctly, but the device or resource (forums.2k.com) is not responding."
    Never remove, only improve!

#ShowcaseMatters

I suppose it was fate that I should be hit with this on the day I come back to posting.

Hopefully the resetting net trick works it's usual magic.

I have just started having this issue again. Up until around 30 minutes or so I could connect normally with no problem, I was viewing the Entrances Thread in the WWE 2K18 subforum and when I refreshed the page it didn't allow me in. After trying many times and reseting my router to no avail, I tried using a proxy and through a proxy I can connect to the forum (it's how I am posting this), so it means the forum is blocking my IP and I don't know why, it's the 3rd time this year it happens, the second time was in August and the first was in July, I have the messages reporting it in this same thread above in this second page.

At this pace it looks I'm going to have this issue for a week each month and a half or so. It normally solves itself after a week or a week and a half, but what bothers me is the reason behind it, what triggers the error and what fixes it, since we still haven't gotten any explanation about it.

We had new gas and electric meters fitted today, and they needed to switch the power off to do it, so I'm back on as a side-effect of that rebooting my internet connection.

As for the lack of official talk on this; I can only assume it's something outside of their current knowledge base, and that they don't want to risk hazarding a guess when they're not sure what's causing it. It's frustrating, for sure, and hopefully it does eventually get rooted out, but sadly I think the only thing to do is ride it out for the foreseeable.

Today I can connect normally without a proxy again. Don't know why, hasn't done anything, yesterday I couldn't, today I can.

That seems to be how it goes, if you're forced to wait it out.

Glad it's resolved, for the time being, though.

This... Again

This again... This has to be a 2k server problem. See y'all when it works itself out lol. I'm not typing on a mini phone keyboard or speaking into my phone and using data when I have a perfectly good laptop LOL

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12