Thread: Game is crashing when I enter orbital unit ....

Game is crashing when I enter orbital unit ....

I have a game at about 660 turns. When I choose an orbital unit I always get an exception forcing me out of the game. What is the problem is there a fix?

Quote Originally Posted by grusev View Post
    I have a game at about 660 turns. When I choose an orbital unit I always get an exception forcing me out of the game. What is the problem is there a fix?
    Yes, I have the same issue with a game after turn 552, all or any attempt at launching a solar collector (in my case) was interrupted with a CRASH to black screen, requiring a reboot of PC.
    Resolve at this time is to just "F" sleep the units to continue...... haven't played it out as yet, but this has worked for another 8 turns so far.

Reported this and other "bugs" to 2K support, but after over near 2 weeks, they say that they can't fix my problems.....so far.

Here is my last response to them if your interested. (try to paste)
    No that won't happen as no paste is allowed obviously (Sucks)

lets hope that someday 2K get a conscience and try to solve their bugs instead of PR shop fronts.

Jim

I had to update my apple IIe to use my Civilization (back in 1985 I was programming graphics with applesoft basic)

I had this same problem, my issue was with my Steel Series Gaming Mouse, The Steel Series Mouse would allow me on other games to create and use macros in-game right from my mouse buttons, The Menu for the Mouse allows you to save and automatically set up for use your macros for when your Game program is run. In my case I had accidentally set it up to run my macros for a different game and as a result the Mouse Menu Program was somehow conflicting with the Game causing my crashes. I can't say the exact same thing is happening to you but you might want to check if you have a Gaming Mouse or other macro program that you run concurrent with the Game, then turn those programs off and check again for your crash.

roadmaster