Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: My Player Overall Caps - Can't Pass 95

My Player Overall Caps - Can't Pass 95

I've read all through this forum and I can't find the answer. Started with prelude, then the actual game. Playing the career and going to practice I'm a 95 but cannot progress past there. I have seen higher levels in My Park so what gives. Is it due to player type or size? 6'5" SG Sharpshooter.

My bars still fill when practicing but it won't unlock anymore attribute points. There are several available before the white bar on the attribute levels.

Same with me yet ive seen a 98 overall at park.

This is terrible, 99 should be attainable but only through enough grinding.

I'm having same problem and I've seen 99 in mypark already

I'm having the exact same problem. I'm also a 6'5 SG sharpshooter. I've leveled my bar 3 different times and I've yet to get an upgrade. I've also emailed 2k and yet to get a response. This is unacceptable, the people using the attribute glitch can pass 95 but the legit players can't.

What gives? Maybe because you specialized in sharp shooting and not playmaking?

Voice your concerns here, it's a running thread for enhancing the game.

https://forums.2k.com/showthread.php...Issue-Database

Yep sharp shooter. If I would of known that I would have distributed my attribute points differently. That's what really bothers me. Let me know if anyone finds a solution.

Technically you arent even close to a 95 or a 99 ovr for that matter. 2k just wants you to think youre that high. Even at a 95 over all if you look at all your stats and go to create a player at main menu and make every stat the same and height and position it would only be like an 84 over player. Ever since they introduced attribute caps you will never truly be a "99 ovr".

Quote Originally Posted by Caldog1996 View Post
    Technically you arent even close to a 95 or a 99 ovr for that matter. 2k just wants you to think youre that high. Even at a 95 over all if you look at all your stats and go to create a player at main menu and make every stat the same and height and position it would only be like an 84 over player. Ever since they introduced attribute caps you will never truly be a "99 ovr".
    I get that but why are there different maxes, I've seen sharpshooters in my park at 98. Somebody suggested that you had to get to legend in My Park to unlock more attribute upgrades.

Sooo how come there are players that are 98 99 and I'm stuck at 95... this one kid I kno is a 98 rn and he has the same person as me jus did his upgrades diff. This isn't right at all every1 should possibly get the chance to get that feeling of having ur player as a 99 then knowing there is other players higher while ur capped at 95

Which is a great reason for having the attribute caps. No reason why a center should have a 99 speed and 99 passing, ha. This has been a headache over the years regarding Pro-Am. a 7'6" PG at 99 :|

I have now encountered this issue. I am stuck at 95 w/ a 6'11" stretch big power forward. I have 25 upgrades under there caps and have also submitted a ticket with support.
    Last edited by Kh3ll; 09-25-2016 at 07:45 AM.
    WWE SC - Hardened | Avatar by: @Marriottty | WWE Champions:
    Level 49 (47,223) | Top 3: ABA Taker 3XS | NXT Seth 3XB | Roman 2XG
    KH3LL in a C3LL | Twitter: @Kh3ll_CSR | XBOX LIVE and IGN: KH3LL

I got a response from 2k:

Thank you for contacting 2K Support! I know that you want to get back on the court, so I'm going to do all I can to help you out.

From what I understand, you are trying to achieve a 99 overall MyCareer player in NBA2k17. The Players in MyCareer are capped at 95 until they have reached Superstar 5 rep level, only then will you be able to progress past the 95 you have earned

I'm sorry for any inconvenience this issue may have caused you, and wish you the best of luck in all your future NBA 2K17 games.

Should you have any additional 2K related questions, please feel free to let us know in your next message.

Best regards,

Eric B.
    2K Support

Not true at all i have seen 96 ovr and 97 obr at the park and not even all star yet

Not true at all i have seen 96 ovr and 97 obr at the park and not even all star yet
    There is a glitch on ps4, maybe Xbox 1 that lets you spend attribute points w/out losing them. Essentially they are exploiters. If you pm me your email I will forward the 2k support email to you.

I am very upset about this. Very. I have spent countless hours on this game playing all 62 games with 12mins to upgrade myplayer in my career. I let some attributes go lower thinking i would be able to upgrade them to their max bar for myplayer archtype and now I have reached 95 overall and have stopped receiving upgrades?? This is ridiculous. I mean it really is. I have been doing research online and people are saying that you have to max your myplayer by playing MyPark?? I never play Mypark and hope this is wrong, because I would never play this game again if you all are forcing us to play online and spend even MORE MONEY. Please respond with a solution ASAP. Thank you.

Ran into the same issue with a 6'8" Sharpshooter... Had I known that I could only spend attributes to get up to 95, I would have maxed out my shooting from the jump. Also does that mean practice is essentially useless after 65+ games into the season. How are you going to put a cap... on a cap??

And if they're forcing me to play mypark to get additional upgrades... that's brutal. They could have at least given users a heads up so they were aware going in.

Looking at that reply from 2K, that cap isn't a glitch but instead it's intended design...
    YOU for the CYBER SERIES!
    Vote to decide who is the best male WWE Superstar on the roster today!
    Currently voting: NXT Qualification Round 2, RAW/SmackDown Entries

so you have to earn attributes playing mypark? how does this work?

From 2k Support

Thank you for contacting 2K Support and for playing NBA 2K17!

I completely understand how important it is to keep upgrading your player and I'll do my best to explain how it works after reaching 95 overall.

By playing MyCAREER you can upgrade your player to a maximum of 95 overall. Once you have reached that high level of gameplay, you will need to go to MyPARK and start leveling up your player's reputation. New upgrades will be unlocked when your player achieves Superstar levels 1, 3 and 5.

I hope this helps clarify the issue, but don't hesitate in contacting us should you require further assistance.

And another thank you for coming to us to solve your issue!

See you on the courts!

Jonathan Lat.
    2K Support

Quote Originally Posted by TurnJacson View Post
    From 2k Support
    weak, so very weak

So I have to pay for Playstation plus if I want to upgrade my player more that is absolutely terrible

Nice, for people who have no desire to play mypark.

yo repin up in mypark is crazy!! its takin forever!! on pro 1 :O
    GAMERS CHOOSE ORANGE KOOL-AID OVER MADDEN.

This overall 95 cap till superstar 5 is total BS!!!

The way you make us play MyPark to get to a 99 is total CRAP!! I hate MyPark and your stupid upgrade cap limit, a 95 isn't even a 95!! Justice has half his attributes 99 and he's barely a 90 overall, if you don't tale off the caps top upgrade EVERYTHING to 99, I guarantee you're going to lose a ton of money and players till you fix this crap, I'm one of them!! You guys have totally screwed yourselves with this game and pissed off a ton of gamers,let the MyPark players have their own separate deal and mycareer players do their own stuff, all you're doing is trying to force us to play a mode a lot of people don't want to play, it's stupid!!!

Would they even read this? I agree with you dude, but is this the correct forum? Or are you just venting? There should be a way to separate the modes while still keeping them together(ie. same player). Something like capping your My Park account making you unlock by playing Park. While then playing career mode with the fully loaded player that you eventually would have to "earn" on Park. I want a better player in my career! None of this role player BS!

There my post turned into a rant as well.

Send to support. Agreed. Just found this out.

It should be impossible to max your guy out.

I am hoping if enough of us voice are concerns, that they will separate online and offline mode. I for one want to be Kawhi Leonard, not Mike Dunleavy, no offense. If that means I can never play park or pro-am, I am cool with that. I don't play online anyway.

2K isn't going to change the format for upgrading...they don't care what we want, they got what they wanted...we bought the game. If anything they'll make it worse. I'd like it if they would release separate disks...Like a MyCareer disk, MyPark and so forth. Many of us have no desire for Mypark, so let us have what we want and upgrade within our format. I've never stepped foot in MyPark and never will. Just how they toned down some archetypes...they can make it miserable for us. They got their $60/80/100 bucks from us, just don't feed the beast and purchase VC...their real money pit!

I totally agree.

The archetypes while a good idea for College/Rookie year have RUINED player progression. Forcing people to play my Park is the 2nd slap in the face to get to 99. (Cause playing lolcat1011! is going to make you better then Lebron)

There is no progression after the stupid archetypes. For instance Jordan was a pure slasher, turned into HOF mid range shooter, who later turned into a hall of fame post player and added 3pts and strength.

With this game Jordan would be stuck as his mid 80's self as a pure slasher.

And not being able to upgrade badges sucks also. Only person in the league who can only have bronze badges.

The archetypes and defined roles need to be removed from the single player game asap, and they can be moved to multi-player only E-sport stuff.

As it is now, I have zero reason to play this game after my Rookie season and winning it all while maxing my character at 95.

Nice so basically we must boost like the other people who have already obtained those insane levels to get a 99 excellent.

i like mypark except for these three pointers that go in like its a free throw

If they are going to make us play in the park, they should fix the servers so it is possible to play there. It is supposed to possible to advance in rep through playing proam, but my rep resets to rookie 1 every game. If I go to the park, my rep is right, pro 5.

After patch, getting to 99 still tied to my park.........

hello 2k, are you even listening to your customers?

A good chunk of us hate MyPark and we hate your archetypes caps.

Playing 1.04 now and still no change. It is disgraceful and a slap in the face to your customers.

(nothing against anyone who loves my Park, to each his own, if you enjoy it I am happy for you, and you should be able to play the game you want, nor should you be forced to level in my career to play in Park)
    Last edited by Bigritchie; 10-14-2016 at 06:05 PM.

Unless you know something 'I don't', you don't need MyPark to become a 99. I also don't have the stomach for the Park, but I reached 'Allstar-1' playing only ProAm.

Quote Originally Posted by Icex215x View Post
    Unless you know something 'I don't', you don't need MyPark to become a 99. I also don't have the stomach for the Park, but I reached 'Allstar-1' playing only ProAm.
    You obviously don't know then.
    You can max your character out at 95. Then you have to become a superstar 1 to get to 96, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigritchie View Post
    hello 2k, are you even listening to your customers?

A good chunk of us hate MyPark and we hate your archetypes caps.

Playing 1.04 now and still no change. It is disgraceful and a slap in the face to your customers.
    Where you decide to assign your attribute points, and how you play should dictate the label place upon your player....I also hate mypark.

Yo that mypark meter reaching allstar rank 1 takes forever. going up slow as hell!

the three supertstar myparks give you a total of ten. so wheres the rest of the points?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast