View Poll Results: What rating would you give WWE 2K17?

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • 10 (5 Stars)

0 0%
  • 9 (4.5 Stars)

7 18.42%
  • 8 (4 Stars)

8 21.05%
  • 7 (3.5 Stars)

8 21.05%
  • 6 (3 Stars)

7 18.42%
  • 5 (2.5 Stars)

2 5.26%
  • 4 (2 Stars)

2 5.26%
  • 3 (1.5 Stars)

2 5.26%
  • 2 (1 Star)

0 0%
  • 1 (0.5 Stars)

2 5.26%
Page 39 of 39 FirstFirst ... 29373839
Results 1,521 to 1,538 of 1538

Thread: WWE 2K17 General Opinions and Reviews

Also, while you can only recolour an attire with Superstar Threads, you can't change the designs. That would require a compatible Superstar Head, and would also cost a CAW slot.

Basically, what they did with the 8th Gen version of the game was make everyone Superstar Head-compatible and called it Superstar Studio...a feature people on these forums requested.
    YOU for the CYBER SERIES!
    Vote to decide who is the best male WWE Superstar on the roster today!
    Currently voting: Round Robin Matches

Quote Originally Posted by Zeokage View Post
    Also, while you can only recolour an attire with Superstar Threads, you can't change the designs. That would require a compatible Superstar Head, and would also cost a CAW slot.

Basically, what they did with the 8th Gen version of the game was make everyone Superstar Head-compatible and called it Superstar Studio...a feature people on these forums requested.
    So they removed one in favor of another of course besides keeping them like they had in last gen? This is what we have:

So PS4/XB1
    --Remove Superstar Threads add Superstar Studio. Players will have to choose to make a new wrestler, new color scheme for an ingame wrestler or new attire altogether. They'll have to use a CAW slot
    ---All these options uses a CAW slot

So PS3/360
    --Superstar Threads the player has the ability to change any of the attires and they have 3 save slots to save them in that does not take a CAW slot away from them
    --If they use a Superstar Head to make a new wrestler or a new attire then they will use a CAW slot for each Superstar Head used.
    ----Only 1 option uses a CAW slot

Why could they not simply keep the one and add the other is all I am wandering? Sure I wouldn't mind having the Superstar Studio but not to loose one to get the other. I think perhaps they may have misunderstood some who wanted both options. That's just my opinion though. Sorry to get off topic but wanted to reply.

Quote Originally Posted by TheImpCaiman View Post
    So they removed one in favor of another of course besides keeping them like they had in last gen? This is what we have:

So PS4/XB1
    --Remove Superstar Threads add Superstar Studio. Players will have to choose to make a new wrestler, new color scheme for an ingame wrestler or new attire altogether. They'll have to use a CAW slot
    ---All these options uses a CAW slot

So PS3/360
    --Superstar Threads the player has the ability to change any of the attires and they have 3 save slots to save them in that does not take a CAW slot away from them
    --If they use a Superstar Head to make a new wrestler or a new attire then they will use a CAW slot for each Superstar Head used.
    ----Only 1 option uses a CAW slot

Why could they not simply keep the one and add the other is all I am wandering? Sure I wouldn't mind having the Superstar Studio but not to loose one to get the other. I think perhaps they may have misunderstood some who wanted both options. That's just my opinion though. Sorry to get off topic but wanted to reply.
    Again, all of that are still on last gen (2K17). So, it have something to do with the current gen. It's not that they want to replace it based on what we wanted. It's more like they had to.
    It's, um, Double!

There was one big detail you didn't put in there.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheImpCaiman View Post
    So PS3/360
    That's incorrect. It's simply the colours that can change, not whole attires, and not to the level of detail of changing any part as there are particular zones that have the option to change. Some parts can't change at all. The moment a new logo is used or a change in design like a new t-shirt or a WrestleMania special, then you can't replicate it anymore. For example, I did a list of threads for WM33, see how often I have to add comments about how it's not exact...
    YOU for the CYBER SERIES!
    Vote to decide who is the best male WWE Superstar on the roster today!
    Currently voting: Round Robin Matches

Unlike 2k16, this one didn't get boring fast because of predictability. MyCareer is more fun, WWE Universe is more fun, the create a video and victory is one hot add. The side soundtrack for CAW entrances is nice, The new stuff in CAW mode is fun, but y'know, could better, as the ability system is kind of half done and missing some things. MyCareer mode training part was too short. Eventually after training, cutscenes are lacking. I haven't won the NXT title yet because I'm too busy in silly rivalries I don't care about. The crowd is kind of easy to get them to rise to their feet and them calling my CAW's surname is music to my ears. But the way the crowd cheers for nobodies like Zack Ryder confuses me. 2K17 was a much needed improvement to 2K16, besides being that backstage brawls are kind of hard to win, since the AI is constantly irish whipping you into objects, and knockout finishers into objects aren't reversible, making it more frustrating to pick up a win. For me, the backstage area lacks space. Smackdown Here Comes The Pain had a way larger backstage area for brawls, and more weapons, like in the SVR series. The promo system is a new add and in need of improvement, as the options are weakly described, as your choice could be Face or Heel and you don't even know it, making the promos not fun if you want that Superstar/Diva to be Face/Heel.

In creator I think the default clothing color should be white.

One issue I've had with CAW's is when picking body parts and trying to judge area's like breasts or buttocks, the black shorts and/or top (females) make it very hard to actually see what your doing.

So switching it to white I imagine would be much better.
    KOW and RWF member. Enjoys video games and quad biking.
    Within Temptation, Linkin Park, AC/DC, Nickleback, Kenny Loggins, Bon Jovi, Dio, Creed, Disturbed fan.

Great game but so much going on it doesn't get to properly focus on anything.

I'd be fine if it was more Legends or Modern focused, or more focused on new match types or an updated Universe, but I think 2K spreads itself too thin every year and barely gets the improvements they could have.
    I'm a Canadian Cartoonist whose absolutely obsessed with wrestling (and wrestling games). If you want to talk wrestling, WWE2K, WWE SuperCard, comics or pretty much whatever else, feel free to PM me!

Did the patches help make this a better game? Sold it at the end of last year and am in doubt if I should purchase it again.

I suppose that would depend on the issues that made you sell it. You could try comparing the bugs that troubled you most to the patch notes to see if the majority were fixed. Here's the patch notes for 1.02, 1.03, 1.04, 1.05 and 1.06, should you choose to do so.
    UNION Wrestling (Universe Thread) <- UNION Awards Categories HERE!
    WRESTLING UNIVERSE WIKI! <- Come and have a look!
    The RLS NETWORK- 4 promotions across 3 game series... coming soon!

Sold it because Universe didn't work. Never got any cutscenes and the match card bug.

The match card bug was, I believe, fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by ReverseLegSweep View Post
    The match card bug was, I believe, fixed.
    Just before I start talking about possibly the wrong thing, what is the match card bug? I do know I got eight matches (without Exhibition) on AZW Live once and that was on 1.06. I think it was because I edited rivalries. Am I talking about the right thing here?

EDIT: Never mind. I just looked it up. It isn't that.
    Clash! Action Wrestling - There's No Turning Back from the road to 2K18!
    Wanting information does not mean acting entitled. There is a big difference.

Some people reported 10+ matches being added after editing any match, if I remember right, but I think that might be a very mild version of it, yeah Ferg. Luckily, I managed to avoid it altogether in all the Universe saves I've had going.

Quote Originally Posted by ReverseLegSweep View Post
    Some people reported 10+ matches being added after editing any match, if I remember right, but I think that might be a very mild version of it, yeah Ferg. Luckily, I managed to avoid it altogether in all the Universe saves I've had going.
    I avoided that on my Universe too. But I think that might be because I started mine after the bug was fixed.
    Clash! Action Wrestling - There's No Turning Back from the road to 2K18!
    Wanting information does not mean acting entitled. There is a big difference.

Good to hear. Hope it will get a 20 euros pricetag soon.

There is no 2K Showcase Mode and with that nothing that will really keep you in the game because
    The Universe mode and My Career are just Lame and are no good exchange to the 2K showcase mode especially the Career Mode if you compare it to FIFA or even their other big franchise NBA This is like a Beta version
    The Commentary is so bad. They still use some Phrases from SVR 2006 (Favorite Game BTW)
    You still have to buy the DLCs when you already bought the NXT Edition
    The DLCs are not worth their Money i mean Come on 2K i know you habe a Hard Job keeping the Roster up to Date but please Tye Dillinger and Mojo F'N Rawley? You could have easily packed these into the normal game why don't you use The DLC Opportunity to keep the Roster Fresh for example They could have released an Wrestlemania Pack this Week and put the Wrestlemania 33 arena in it and the Returning Hardy's or maybe a Updated Stage DLC With the new RAW And Smackdown Stage (I know you can Download them but Wrestlemania 33 for example Just isn't completely Rebuildable)
    The lack of Voice Acting and this is what I mean when I talk about Laziness I can somehow Understand that they can't record lines for every WWE Superstar and I accept the choice that the own career Superstar doesn't have a Voice either, because it is (mostly) a reflection of yourself what they could have done is to add an option to disable Voice acting form the own superstar to have that and for those who liked the Voice acting in 2K16 (like me) they have their voice but ☺☺☺ RENEE YOUNG???? Why did they mute her I mean she doesn't even have new lines as far as I am concerned It is just not cool to play a career mode and it doesn't feel like WWE TV

Some people actually gave the game an 8 and a 9? Wow, some are very easily pleased. I admire you.

maybe 6-7? It can be better

Page 39 of 39 FirstFirst ... 29373839