Results 1 to 24 of 24

Thread: Me vs MultiPlayaBeast challenge

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    6,319

    Me vs MultiPlayaBeast challenge

    Hi all.

    I'll setup rules for this challenge here.

    If I win, I'm Multi's daddy. Otherwise it's the opposite.



    Oxford allowed
    No pause, city collapse, double attack, ancient wonders glitches allowed.
    No freezing.
    No GW glitch. You can counterattack for one full turn, then you will be forced to accept peace.
    Same for democracy.
    No invisible units (sell it as soon as it happens) or no invisible roads.
    No glitches not listed here.
    1 reset per tier until 3500, no reason needed. Repeat with the same civs.

    Best of 7 Americans Mirror match
    Best of 7 top tier (Americans, Chinese, Zulu)
    Best of 7 upper tier (Spanish, Aztecs, Arabs)
    Best of 7 upper middle tier (Romans, Germans, Indians, English)
    Best of 7 bottom middle tier (Japanese, Greeks, Egyptians)
    Best of 7 bottom tier (Russians, French, Mongols)
    Added : Best of 7 Romans Mirror match

    ( All the scores sum up at the end and it will count as a +1/+0. Ex: if you won 3 titles 4-0 and I won 3 titles 4-3, you would get a +1 which makes you win ).

    Since I want to prevent whining etc... Americans mirror match is needed to take away any other luck factor with other civs and show how good you are with the best civ in the game, which requires the most skill to play (at his full potential). More moves, more math involved, and more strategy. I won't accept denying this challenge. It's as important as others.

    One more thing for other tiers is : You can't play the same civ twice in a row and you must play all them before cycling (ie : Aztecs, Arabs, Spanish, Aztecs, Spanish).

    Edit : I can accept one single civ mirror match to balance the Americans mirror game, if you think that will be a disadvantage for you.

    I won't take out any tier out of the challenge. You can only add up to 3 and I will only add a maximum of 2 games to each challenge (best of 9). I want it to be balanced enough and it must end in 1 month from now.
    Last edited by MorteEterna; 10-18-2016 at 09:26 AM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Merrillville, IN
    Posts
    2,021
    Time is not a issue for me and look forward to the first battle. Romans are the civ I want mirrored countering your American match up that you say must be played.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    6,319
    That's good for me.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Merrillville, IN
    Posts
    2,021
    Write up for each game will commence sometime later this week but for now the first series between me and Morte ended in defeat for Morte and we started with Bottom Tier
    There will be a new rule inputted into the summary of them which is "restarts". This rule in itself saved Morte from being defeated 4-1 although the rule came after the game as Morte was trying to look up midst gameplay to see if that rule he included. Nontheless, I still manage to win 4-2.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    6,319
    Quote Originally Posted by MultiPlayaBeast View Post
    Write up for each game will commence sometime later this week but for now the first series between me and Morte ended in defeat for Morte and we started with Bottom Tier
    There will be a new rule inputted into the summary of them which is "restarts". This rule in itself saved Morte from being defeated 4-1 although the rule came after the game as Morte was trying to look up midst gameplay to see if that rule he included. Nontheless, I still manage to win 4-2.
    Pretty sure you would say that. When you're not sure you're going to win, you will include any little victory that you can have.

    It's simple, don't just be a liar. Reset rule? Ok. Works for all games. No reset rule? We will never use it. Simple as that. You used it as well.

    I don't think you should state it like you did something great. Just keep playing.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Århus, Denmark
    Posts
    2,662
    You guys. This is gold. If anyone of you is able to and feeling like it, please record some of your matches. You'll have at least one spectator

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    6,319
    Quote Originally Posted by ShowtekGER View Post
    You guys. This is gold. If anyone of you is able to and feeling like it, please record some of your matches. You'll have at least one spectator
    I got nothing to record, and if I used a random camera or stuff like that, I'd take years just to upload one match.

    If he can do it, it's ok for me.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    6,319
    4-1 again for multi on bottom middle tier.

    Before he can say anything like "thanks for the wins" or "I defeated Morte 'cause I'm the best", I'll talk about the games:

    Japanese vs Greece (him). We start near eachother. I camp on his tree (he had only two within his range), he attacks me 1v1.5 and he wins. Another 1.5 v 1.5 battle, he wins again. I quit cause I had nowhere to go.
    (He must be good for that, as he says).

    Egypt vs Japanese. He gets seven cites of gold, school of confucius and Greece with democracy. I managed to do some stuff. When I was about to attack him with 3 vet cat armies + 1 legion army (and a cruiser), he rushes oxford at Athens. He had another builder which he used for EIC before. 1 turn before that and maybe I could take all his empire. All he had was a pike per city + a knight army.

    Greece vs Egypt. Crap start, ends within seconds.

    Egypt vs Greece. I start with colossus, but it's a bad spot anyway. I managed to take aztecs by managing to kill their warriors first, then I attacked their only warrior left with an army (3v1.5). I rush for writing to steal American's Great Artist (I was next to them). Slowly reached 100 gold. Meanwhile he takes Zulu, next to School of Confucius. He takes it and gets a humanitarian and great artist. He flips Tenochtitlan but I was ready for that and I take it back. I take Washington with a horse army, then I take Athens and it ends.

    Last game, Japanese vs Egypt. I move my settler, take Moscow at 3500 and he takes Rome. I reach 100 gold in about 20 turns, have no barbs and nowhere to go. He gets knight's templar meanwhile and can expand safely. Plus, one turn before I was attacking French, the cultural borders expanded to that one tile (it wasn't Adjacent to Paris) and all my units went back to my capital. It was too hard anyway, had nothing to do.

    I hope next games will be a bit more fair, with more challenge rather than early luck. Not that it doesn't take skill to maximize luck, but really, I wish somebody recorded these games, you would understand what I mean.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Merrillville, IN
    Posts
    2,021
    I was so going to write up these games so you have the "MultiPlayaBeast" feel of the games but Morte beat me to it. Yes, I got good starts but I tend to get them anyway because I know where to go to maximize the start. I know what tiles are the naming tiles for an added boost, what part of the lands has the most barbs, where the civs likely to spawn and above all know where want to be settled so I have access to the artifacts. I can make someone's bad start into a good start typically; I know where to go to revamp that into a manageable start. This don't happen all the time but then again the games it does happen don't mean I can't be beat or in other words are guaranteed wins.

    Morte failed to mention for our Japanese vs Egypt game that he got Spanish EARLY and I stayed in fear of what he would do with Navigation that typically all of us forum members tend to do but instead he went the expanding route or whatever he did because I never was attacked. By the time he would bring the attack it was already too late as it can be for any of us, choosing a route only later in the game we will attack. But guess how I wouldn't had been able to oxford bomb him and that attack could have been made by his cruiser full of troops??? If he wasn't stuck in that good ole day thinking that oxford bombers is fair. Wanna talk bad about my past tourney rules??? I made it possible to use oxford but for a purpose that'll make it fair on both players... Not just willy nilly using it for flight or bombers that more than likely can't be defended against.

    Wanna talk about luck, we should say about every facet of the game is luck... Gp's, better resource locations, barbs, who got a friendly and who didn't, who took out a capital or capital with good technology luck and all manners of things to just VOID out SKILL altogether if that is the case. Morte, you talk about having fair games... Why can't you just deal with what is given to you because I will? I could complain left and right about the starts given to Deni3d for that "Best Player of Civ" challenge we did he won 10-3 but I didn't and realized he was the better man at that time. We not talking about 1 or 3 games played between me and you so far... We talking about 11 games out of the series that I'm besting you 8 to 3 but you are the one 65% of the games I won, sending a message complaining about what I had going for me. We will finish these games and from there... Whoever sees the end result will know. Try and consider it luck all you want if I turn out the victor of these matchups but those who know ya boi will know the real story... MultiPlayaBeast better

    Edit: I forgot about that typical complaint... That battle luck (for the "luck" paragraph).
    Last edited by MultiPlayaBeast; 10-19-2016 at 08:55 AM. Reason: Include another complained luck factor

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    6,319
    Quote Originally Posted by MultiPlayaBeast View Post
    I was so going to write up these games so you have the "MultiPlayaBeast" feel of the games but Morte beat me to it. Yes, I got good starts but I tend to get them anyway because I know where to go to maximize the start. I know what tiles are the naming tiles for an added boost, what part of the lands has the most barbs, where the civs likely to spawn and above all know where want to be settled so I have access to the artifacts. I can make someone's bad start into a good start typically; I know where to go to revamp that into a manageable start. This don't happen all the time but then again the games it does happen don't mean I can't be beat or in other words are guaranteed wins.

    Morte failed to mention for our Japanese vs Egypt game that he got Spanish EARLY and I stayed in fear of what he would do with Navigation that typically all of us forum members tend to do but instead he went the expanding route or whatever he did because I never was attacked. By the time he would bring the attack it was already too late as it can be for any of us, choosing a route only later in the game we will attack. But guess how I wouldn't had been able to oxford bomb him and that attack could have been made by his cruiser full of troops??? If he wasn't stuck in that good ole day thinking that oxford bombers is fair. Wanna talk bad about my past tourney rules??? I made it possible to use oxford but for a purpose that'll make it fair on both players... Not just willy nilly using it for flight or bombers that more than likely can't be defended against.

    Wanna talk about luck, we should say about every facet of the game is luck... Gp's, better resource locations, barbs, who got a friendly and who didn't, who took out a capital or capital with good technology luck and all manners of things to just VOID out SKILL altogether if that is the case. Morte, you talk about having fair games... Why can't you just deal with what is given to you because I will? I could complain left and right about the starts given to Deni3d for that "Best Player of Civ" challenge we did he won 10-3 but I didn't and realized he was the better man at that time. We not talking about 1 or 3 games played between me and you so far... We talking about 11 games out of the series that I'm besting you 8 to 3 but you are the one 65% of the games I won, sending a message complaining about what I had going for me. We will finish these games and from there... Whoever sees the end result will know. Try and consider it luck all you want if I turn out the victor of these matchups but those who know ya boi will know the real story... MultiPlayaBeast better

    Edit: I forgot about that typical complaint... That battle luck (for the "luck" paragraph).
    Oh really, about naming tiles? I wrote a post about it 4 years ago.

    Dude, I even told you in xbox messages. I had nothing that game. Just 3 barbs for the entire game. How could I even prepare an army to attack you, with no production or gold at all? That expansion helped me and that gave me a way to manage to prepare armies etc... Otherwise, I could just watch. With all the gold you got (since you started on the part of the continent with the most barbs, and there's no way you can tell "I was skilled for starting there", it was much easier for you to found cities here and there, rush galleys, waste money on libraries, etc...

    It's not about oxford bombers dude. You don't even realize how much you got that game. You took Athens right when I took Madrid. I had Navigation, you had Democracy + courthouse. Stop talking like you did anything special, please.

    11 games will be never enough to even out luck. The more games, the less luck will be involved. You can't even recognize you got lucky in most of these games. I still wish we had these games recorded.

    So stop talking like you're the pro, like you've always done for years (I can actually see why but it doesn't matter here).


    One thing, if we end up being 4-4, I'll suggest adding another mirror match, decided in a pool of civs we'd like to play that will match.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,156
    There is a lot of luck involved in civ. That's a fact. More than half of the games are an "auto loss" simply because of the maps. When I lose I try not to make excuses though. Just tell opponent GG and move on to the next. When you bring up luck, although it definitely exists, it just sounds like whining Morte. On a side note I would like to play you as well. Show you how it's done. Let me know if your interested...

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    6,319
    Quote Originally Posted by japyaknees View Post
    There is a lot of luck involved in civ. That's a fact. More than half of the games are an "auto loss" simply because of the maps. When I lose I try not to make excuses though. Just tell opponent GG and move on to the next. When you bring up luck, although it definitely exists, it just sounds like whining Morte. On a side note I would like to play you as well. Show you how it's done. Let me know if your interested...
    I have explained it already. I don't usually talk to people like that. He pretends to be good at this game just for some games with luck. I wouldn't say anything if he would just shut up and play, instead of saying "I got seven cities and soc, i'm so good, you suck".

    We can play, add me on xbox360, I think you're not on my buddy list anymore.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,156
    Well he is good. One of the best ever. Would say the same for you but I've never played u once. Just heard about your greatness through the forums. I will add you and get some games in. My record vs Multi in our last 50 games or so and my Record vs point are below:

    Vs multi overall 27-28

    FFA
    Germany v India 1-1

    H2H series overall record (1-2)

    H2H (9-10)
    Russia(W) v Mongol
    Japan(L) v jap
    IndiaL v England
    Aztec W v Arab
    Zulu L v USA
    French L v Russia
    Egypt L v Greece
    Germans W v Rome
    Arab L v Aztec
    USA W v Zulu
    Mongol L v French
    Greeks W v Egypt
    England L v india
    Spain L v Spain
    China W v China
    Russia W v Mongol
    Egypt W v Greece
    Rome W v English
    Spain L to Aztec

    7-10
    USA L v USA
    Aztec L v Arab
    Rome W V English
    Japan W v Japan
    Russia L v Mongol
    Zulu W v Zulu
    Arab W v Aztec
    India L v German
    Egypt L v Greek
    France L v Russia
    China W v China
    Spain W v Spain
    Germans L v India
    Greece L v Egypt
    Mongol L v France
    Zulu W v Zulu
    Spanish L v Arab

    10-7
    Russia W v Mongol
    Greek W v Greek
    England L v England
    Spain W v Spain
    Zulu W v USA
    France L v Russia
    Egypt W v Egypt
    India L v India
    Aztec L v Arab
    USA L v USA
    Mongol W v French
    Japan W v Japan
    Germans W v Rome
    Arab L v Aztec
    China W v China
    Russia L v Russia
    Egypt W v Greek

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,156
    Vs point overall 165-153
    Series 9-10
    India vs English (8-10)
    English vs India (10-5)
    Japan v Rome (4-10)
    Rome v japan (10-8)
    English v Arab (8-10)
    Arab v English (9-10)
    Aztec v Zulu (5-10)
    Zulu v Aztec (10-7)
    Russia v Greece (8-10)
    Greece v Russia (10-4)
    Russia v France (10-7)
    France v Russia (9-10)
    Japan v Egypt (4-10)
    Egypt v Japan (10-3)
    German v English (10-7)
    English v German (10-6)
    Egypt v Greece (10-4)
    Greece v Egypt (8-10)
    Mongol v Mongol (7-10)
    Rome v Rome (5-2)

    All these games are FFA

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Merrillville, IN
    Posts
    2,021
    Morte, the fact that you are so irrational and your reality is so messed up, it bothers the heck out of me. When this is over I cant wait to see how you respond but Im sure it is going to be about luck this or that. As if anyone who loses to me MULTIPLE times I only got lucky.

    I never gloated about my wins until you kept sending me messages after every game talking about how bad your start was or how lucky I got for something. I never said I was good because I get artifacts... I know what to do to make them artifacts work 9 times out of 10 so that I can win.

    You know what isnt on trial when you talk about these... The games you won! I haven't once got to talking crap about your wins and you only have 3 so far YET I can call cheat and cheap and no skill just for the heck of it for EVERYTIME you won. Not once have I made a rant over what you had going or trying to down talk your abilities when I could just to do it. Difference between you and me is that you can't stand losing to me. It hurts and humiliates you. You go to bed at night upset thinking "Multi beat my azz" and come up with whatever to justify my winning as nothing but luck ONLY. You had your time long ago Morte but as of 4 years ago... You aren't a threat nor do you move me. Luck or whatever wont have me lose this seriea to you brotha because I know.

    Reason I made the statement I made referencing Deni3d and my game... To show I can give a flying crap about how you legally played; you win you win, fack it ya know. Everyone who know me knows I like to brag about my skills because I got em. You can front however the heck you want Morte but my beating the same individuals multiple times means what? It is only luck when Im winning them huh? God dang dude Im tired of it. I dont even have to entertain this anymore because I KNOW Ill win this and willing to put money where my mouth is, are you?

    I say I'm the best plus a god of civ for fun and be messing around yet I do believe I will defeat anyone more times than they can defeat me in series play. That's all Morte and anticipating are next matchups.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Merrillville, IN
    Posts
    2,021
    I won't be commenting towards Morte anymore concerning his complaints. I'll just post the games and relevant things to the series that matter.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    6,319
    Another 10k games and you will be good enough. It took you 15000 games to reach a more than average level. It is really fun to see how slowly you improve.

    Maybe other 4 years of inactivity and you can truly become a champion

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    6,319
    One more thing. It is True you can be the best if nobody else is playing. I stopped playing for about 3-4 years cause there was inactivity and very little challenge, like 1% or less. I was the champion for the time People were playing, not when everyone left. If I win this, i will problably stop playing, civ6 is up and and i got nothing else to prove.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    2,932
    Bahaha multi luck still in full swing But in all seriousness it's awesome you guys are playing again. Shame you couldn't record them. I won't be playing civ again until it's available on xbox one unfortunately, so very possibly never. But miss this old competition. Morte while you're basically the godfather of Civ rev and still one of the best most of the guys left got you beat out on experience by a wide margin, pretty much all of it playing against the top 1% of players so it'd be very hard for you to catch up. Still, you always provided a good challenge and I like your attitude You'd still whoop my ass on Halo Wars 100/100 times
    Last edited by ITZ DENI3D; 11-19-2016 at 03:04 AM.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Vancouver, WA
    Posts
    106
    Quote Originally Posted by ITZ DENI3D View Post
    Morte while you're basically the godfather of Civ rev and still one of the best most of the guys left got you beat out on experience by a wide margin, pretty much all of it playing against the top 1% of players so it'd be very hard for you to catch up. Still, you always provided a good challenge and I like your attitude
    Very well said.

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Merrillville, IN
    Posts
    2,021
    Jab lol, when you coming back?

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    6,105
    One key factor as jap & denied said: Map knowledge/luck. Most of these guys have the maps memorized now so they know where all the civs are & all the artifacts. That is a HUGE advantage. It's difficult to overcome w/o that same level of knowledge/luck. Fortunately, I don't put much stock into being good @CivRev, other than the fun of playing & learning, which is always what made the game interesting for me. I'll leave the pride-mongering to others. I can say based on experience, most everyone here is an excellent player now. In all honesty, I haven't kept up but I can still win occasionally.

    best regards...

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    6,105
    Quote Originally Posted by ITZ DENI3D View Post
    I won't be playing civ again until it's available on xbox one
    It's been available since 4/2017 I think. Enjoy!

    best regards...

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    ohio
    Posts
    913
    It's too bad this thread turned the way it did, this would have been interesting to follow

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •