Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20282930
Results 1,161 to 1,175 of 1175

Thread: WWE 2K18 General Wishlist

Quote Originally Posted by TheViper4Life View Post
    I'm not one to get all crazy over modes. I thought 2K17 was on the right track...there's just a few lingering things I want out of 2K18.

1. Return of custom music for CAWs. The PS4 has a Media Player AND a music player...if I have to have a thumb drive/external HDD with my music on it, plugged into the PS4 whenever I play 2K18 to have these custom tracks...then so be it. I just want to get back to my CAWs...they're not the same with generic music, which has completely killed my drive to make any outside of my main Viper CAW and whoever I make for Career Mode.

2. Speaking of Career mode. Something has to give this year when it comes to the mode and your trophies. As a trophy hunter, it's one thing if you make something a little difficult and you get that sense of accomplishment in the end when you achieve that trophy. But it's another thing entirely when you BORE EVERYONE TO TEARS with one of the worst grinds in gaming today. Especially 2K17, where not only is career mode a grind...but you insisted on making Online a grind again. I plan on making 2K17 Platinum 100, but I don't think I can take another year of the insane, over bearing grind anymore.

3. This topic came up A LOT last year on this forum after 2K17 came out...A 100% complete overhaul on the audio. That doesn't mean recording in a booth like you always have to give us new lines. That means getting to those arenas and recording REAL audio, making this game sound as great as NBA 2K. From the mat sounds, to the crowd, to the commentary...give audio we know you're capable of.

4. Please, please, please, PLEASEEEEE...give us back 6 Man Battle Royale's with pins and submissions for Eliminations.
    Couldn't have said it better myself, all these are amazing additions.

Quote Originally Posted by AnubisNYC View Post
    It's very easy to bring things to extremes on forums and twists posts - you really believe I'm implying 2K tailor make the entire game without following their own ideas? If you believe that's my stance let me reassure you that is not the case. I said they should chime in from time to time. It's way cheaper than depending solely on advertising and marketing when your consumers and all their desires for the product in question are in a barrel. Very easy to have dialogue with us here.

As far as changes we didn't ask for in 2K17 - they locked the available weapons in falls count anywhere matches vs in 2K16 where we had a weapon wheel - terribly annoying why not just let us choose the default weapons under the ring in that case? Tables and ladders can only be setup in certain areas. Maybe the ladder being setup in the ring in certain spots isn't the worst but outside of the ring too? Same with the table we had more freedom placing it where we wanted in 2K16 vs 2K17. We could also easily lay tables on the ropes and break it while in its half set position. They removed KOTR tournament - I could go on but changes are one thing restrictions and poor decisions are another.

I really hope in 2K18 we can choose the available weapons under the ring. I want to use the trash can, table, and ladder in HIAC matches. In 2K17 why did weapons beyond the barrier have to disappear? Why not let us seemlessly carry the trash can to ring side? I don't feel like writing a novel in each post but my wishlist for this game would certainly involve more freedom and more sensical decisions. It's crazy that because I'm asking for 2KDev to have a presence on the boards some misconstrued this as a greedy request. There were many problems with 2K17 and many threads prove this. I've seen complaints from just about all of the regular members so is it absurd I'm laying out a wishlist that requests some more dialogue between Vore and us? I want 2K18 to be great for all of us and my wishlist isn't anything drastic. Am I crazy for wanting an accurate WCW ring? Hypothetically let's say in 2K17 they made accurate WCW wrestling rings with flat turnbuckle pads, posts, and smooth ropes wouldn't that be appreciated? Wouldn't it be nice to choose the default weapons under the ring/weapon wheel?
    Sorry, man. I didn't mean to make it seem like I was undermining you. It's just that some people don't always consider other things. For twists to come about, it's possible that one was not clear enough. I mean, you mentioned that they've done thing that we didn't asked for. But it's obvious, because you know they have plans on changing some things. It's like you're implying that they should get our permission first. I'm not sure if that what you've meant with dialogue.

You just want more communication with them. I assume it's safe to say that everyone wants that as well. Even the ones who have something to get off their chest. I'm not sure how easy that dialogue would be. I mean, we did had a very more active Community Manager (CM) before. And all I can remember are most people taking shots. Am I remembering that wrong?

I'm pretty sure that those restrictions and decisions are much like the ones made in 2K15. Examples: leaving out a custom female feature and match types. Also reducing a hundred CAS slots to 25 on a 8th console. Time consuming, or removing things that made had cause issues. I mean, wasn't there a point in specific tables and ladders placement?

I don't think it's absurd to have a dialogue with our CM, but pointless. Because at the end of the day, everything would be taking into consideration. He'll just be passing along a message. Which is the same thing as reading and not being active.
    It's, um, Double!

Well, it's clearly not a misunderstanding since there is no commentary by 2K regarding why they make the decisions they do regardless of how detrimental the end results of those decisions turn out to be.
    I didn't say "misunderstanding", I said "not understand" as in not seeing why a decision was made and possibly why making that decision could have been detrimental in another way...

It's certainly due to the lack of explanation. Now does 2K owe us an explanation? No. But wouldn't it be nice for a change? Yes, because communication is vital when it comes to exchanging ideas and making progress.
    ...which is what you're saying here is due to a lack of information.

Quote Originally Posted by Double-H215 View Post
    You just want more communication with them. I assume it's safe to say that everyone wants that as well. Even the ones who have something to get off their chest. I'm not sure how easy that dialogue would be. I mean, we did had a very more active Community Manager (CM) before. And all I can remember are most people taking shots. Am I remembering that wrong?
    I don't think you're remembering that incorrectly... People do love to shoot the messenger.

I'm pretty sure that those restrictions and decisions are much like the ones made in 2K15. Examples: leaving out a custom female feature and match types. Also reducing a hundred CAS slots to 25 on a 8th console. Time consuming, or removing things that made had cause issues. I mean, wasn't there a point in specific tables and ladders placement?
    There was this from IGN I found on another thread for the ladders.

Quote Originally Posted by IGN
    Ladder Match Overhaul
    In real life, a ladder match means high-impact, high-altitude spots that get the crowd out of their seats. In wrestling games, ladder matches mean a lot of fussing over how to place your ladder properly and a lot of clunky looking interactions. No more.

In WWE 2K17, the ladder can only be set up in five specific locations: in front of each set of ropes, and in the center of the ring. Just get close to one, press the right button, and it gets set up properly every time. No more setting it up and climbing to the top, only to find you were an inch too far to the left.

On top of that, you can set a ladder up as a bridge from the apron to the outside barrier, opening up lots of new opportunities. I personally get arm dragged from the inside of the ring to the outside through a ladder before I could do anything more creative, but the possibilities are totally there.
    I also specifically remember the drop in the CAS number dropping to 25 being due to the amount of memory each one took up and issues compressing that data. They managed to figure it out for the next game. Similarly with female CAS and match types just not working to their specifications that they have worked on since then.

I don't think it's absurd to have a dialogue with our CM, but pointless. Because at the end of the day, everything would be taking into consideration. He'll just be passing along a message. Which is the same thing as reading and not being active.
    I guess having that acknowledgement is what is being sought after here?
    YOU for NOT SPREADING RUMOURS!
    If true, that's the info-leaking rule, if false, that's the trolling rule.
    Discuss the possibility of something, but please do not link it to what 'sources' say.

Zeo there is no information to 'not understand'. As I mentioned earlier it's the lack of explanation from 2K. Now if they said hey guys this why we can't make accurate WCW rings... This is why weapons are locked... This is why we have unnecessary restrictions... that would be grounds to bring up a lack of understanding. No such explanation has been given so why even bother to make a passive aggressive assumption I'm "not understanding". My point is clear and without an explanation from 2K one can only guess.
    Proud American - Proud Boy, uhuru!

That's the point I was trying to make. I was separating the detail between saying it's a misunderstanding and not understanding, then acknowledging that you've said it's really neither of those and it's more a lack of information.

That said, I can understand why they went with the fixed ladder positions...
    Discuss the possibility of something, but please do not link it to what 'sources' say.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeokage View Post
    I guess having that acknowledgement is what is being sought after here?
    You mean Vore passing on what was discuss here to the developers?
    It's, um, Double!

He may be doing that already but we don't know it. What I mean is some sort of way to actively let people know that they are being listened to. A post from Vore giving his opinion, or messages from the developers on particular things within the game. Although that's probably unlikely to happen.

He may be doing that already but we don't know it. What I mean is some sort of way to actively let people know that they are being listened to. A post from Vore giving his opinion, or messages from the developers on particular things within the game. Although that's probably unlikely to happen.
    Well, if the developers are considering our wishes. Then you will have some feeling like they've listened, and other who feel like they still haven't. We also have people, if given an explanation on some things, who wouldn't take their word for it either. It's why I think it is unlikely to happen. I feel like we've been through this before. That's why I'm saying what I'm saying.
    It's, um, Double!

He may be doing that already but we don't know it. What I mean is some sort of way to actively let people know that they are being listened to. Although that's probably unlikely to happen.
    And isn't it sad in a way?

I think we can move on here because I believe (despite how well some articulate their desires) we all want a game that's undeniably better than 2K17. Searching for and presenting new ways to ensure that is only healthy.
    Proud American - Proud Boy, uhuru!

Well, if the developers are considering our wishes. Then you will have some feeling like they've listened, and other who feel like they still haven't. We also have people, if given an explanation on some things, who wouldn't take their word for it either. It's why I think it is unlikely to happen. I feel like we've been through this before. That's why I'm saying what I'm saying.
    I completely understand what you're saying too, and I'm sure there have been other threads on this topic in the past over the years. It just seems that some people still need that direct/personal acknowledgement otherwise they won't feel like they've been listened to (unless it appears in the game which would be indirect acknowledgement), and that's why it keeps coming up. I mean, just because something doesn't make it into the game doesn't mean the idea wasn't taken on board and discussed by the developers.

You're also right in that there will be people who hear the explanation and just completely reject it because it doesn't fall in line with what they want. Announcements/reveals of something that turns out to be negative resulting in nearly a week of hate responses (and still being referred to in terms like "debacle" or "fiasco" to this day even though they had reasonable explanations) possibly has the effect of 2K not being as open with their decision making in the future...

And isn't it sad in a way?
    I don't know about "sad", but it's unfortunate that it's seemingly not possible. I could imagine part of it is due to the sheer number of requests that come in and not being able to answer all the questions directly means potentially creating an atmosphere where people feel like they're being ignored even more in favour of other members, and you definitely don't want that situation where people are seen as a CM's pet or something.

Quite often I see people putting those creating YouTube content both on a pedestal as if their opinions are more important than theirs, and at the same time others putting those same people down because they may get perks as a result of their content. I wouldn't want to see that behaviour transfer into this community where we're not all equals.

I think we can move on here because I believe (despite how well some articulate their desires) we all want a game that's undeniably better than 2K17. Searching for and presenting new ways to ensure that is only healthy.
    As long as it's done in a healthy and constructive way, that is...

Here is the thing with a wishlist ... It verys from person to person , so it will never be a perfect game that makes everyone Happy , I want more female superstars , Someone else wants AWA superstars , well others want Golden Era Superstars and so on

I don't feel a Showcase is needed well others thinks it will save the series

So whatever 2k18 turns out to be i know i will have a blast playing , cause i know i would do an awful job if i was in charge of making the game

That's the thing, because it varies depending on the person, there's no real point to putting down things you don't have an interest in for the sake of making your wants sound better. It's fair enough if you have a criticism of an idea, but fully explain it without trying to make things personal or using misleading claims or incomplete evidence.

Quote Originally Posted by Jpopfan13 View Post
    Here is the thing with a wishlist ... It verys from person to person , so it will never be a perfect game that makes everyone Happy , I want more female superstars , Someone else wants AWA superstars , well others want Golden Era Superstars and so on

I don't feel a Showcase is needed well others thinks it will save the series

So whatever 2k18 turns out to be i know i will have a blast playing , cause i know i would do an awful job if i was in charge of making the game
    In my opinion if you were in charge and added more women over legends then yes you would do a horrible job with the series. The women are killing the product on tv.

And this is what I'm talking about, trying to put down one thing so that your own agenda is pushed up. There is no reason for it in these forums and only brings about toxicity.

I was going to do a thread for this but the camera angle is really starting to bug me after playing some of the older games. The stage should be prominently displayed, it just adds that little extra oomph to PPVs and created areneas.

Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20282930