Thread: HELP Please -- I lost my start icon

HELP Please -- I lost my start icon

Some help from a kind person please.

As I near 80 years old some things are becoming harder to do, and computers are at the top of the list.

Some how my "Start Icon" for CIV 5 is no longer on my start up screen. No idea how it went missing.

Civ 5 is still in my drive, but I lack the skill to get it back.

In very simple termsand clear instructions Please tell me how to get my "start up Icon" back on my start up page.

Thank you very much( in advance ) for your help.

My instructions might not be useful if you´re using an operational system past Windows 7.

Whenever Steam is open, there will be a Steam icon in your Windows Toolbar next to the clock, on the lower right corner. Right-Clicking it shows a list of your games, so you can start through there.

To make another shortcut on the Desktop, you can proceed in a couple of different ways - if you have a shortcut in the Start Menu, you can Right-Click and hold the mouse button, then drag it to the desktop and release; a pop-up will appear, and then you choose Create Shortcut.

In case you don´t have a shortcut in your Start Menu, use the Search tool (also in the Start Menu) with the query "CivilizationV.exe". Once it finds it, Right-Click and hold, drag and choose Create Shortcut.

hope it helps
    If you believe humans are more than ants in any way; if you believe humans can do anything unnatural; if you believe evolution can be stopped or directed towards a "worse" path by human medicine - you´re religious, regardless of what you think about gods.

So far all that works is to go to the CIV5 with in my hard drive and use the exe from there.

Steam, so far has not even answered!

Should this be that hard to do?

Open Steam, right click on Sid Meier's Civilization V and choose Create Desktop Icon from there.
    “If you are involved in a game, everything ends up being a set of trade-offs. Anything in a game is a sacrifice of things not in the game.” --Gabe Newell

Playing Firaxis games and helping out in the Official 2K Forums!
    My Blog: donald23.nl
    Steam profile: donald23

So far NOTHING WORKS!!!!!! Any advice above does not work -- I tried OVER & OVER % OVER to the point of MASSIVE FRUSTRATION to get a DESK TOP ICON!

Help request from 2K, Steam, and this sight have lead to ZERO RESULTS.

Should I uninstall and reinstall all of the game disk?

Explain quickly your situation, as in - do you use Steam? What´s your Windows? Do you have other Shortcuts to other games in your desktop? What exactly happened when you tried my instructions? Did you find the .exe on your folders (I´m guessing so considering your second post)?

If you found the .exe, what´s your difficulty in creating the shortcut? Do you understand the "right-click and hold and drag to the desktop" operation?

Did you try opening your Steam, going to the tab Library and right-clicking Civ to choose Create Desktop Shortcut?
    If you believe humans are more than ants in any way; if you believe humans can do anything unnatural; if you believe evolution can be stopped or directed towards a "worse" path by human medicine - you´re religious, regardless of what you think about gods.

OK guys, I have reaquired my "start icon" for Civ 5 -- thanks to your help -- I hacked my way through until the "magic" icon was there and worked.

I got the Icon before, but it would not work-- Bummer.

But latter when Steam opened ( it oppened only 2/3's of the time ) I found my information on all of the game improvments I bought and my progresion with in the game (38%). Being very carefull I found the desk top Icon, moved it and -- YEA it worked.

Sorry for being grumpy-- maby next time sleepy, or Doc.

On to buy Civ 6 " if it is worth it". The graphics give me a migraine"