Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Greatest Wrestling Game Of All Time

Quote Originally Posted by Jabroni Drive View Post
    Unlike the angry teens who spend too much time wearing wrestling shirts and complaining online, I've played every WWE Licensed home console game ever.
    That's pretty legendary. Even that N-Gage one?
    Did you know that most people play with BOTH CURRENT AND LEGENDS??? I know, crazy right?

Honestly...yes. Dude named Marvin had it in high school. Never said I owned them all. Just played them. I have owned every HOME console version since WrestleMania The Arcade on SNES with the exception of WWE 2K15

1. WWE 2K14
    2. Legends of WrestleMania
    3. No Mercy
    4. WCW/NWO Revenge
    5. WWE 2K16

I've played and owned just about every "wrestling game" for home console including imports like Toukon Retsuden, Fire PromErestlijg, and Royal Rumble for Dreamcast and I will say 2K17 can rank high on those "lists", but not the top unless you count the hopefully modded PC version.

And my best list goes:

WWE 2K14
    Def Jam Fight for NY
    HCTP
    Wrestlemania 2000
    No Mercy
    *Saturday Night Slam Masters

No Mercy
    SVR '06
    Day Of Reckoning 2
    Shut Your Mouth
    WWE 2K14/16 (Didn't upgrade to 2K15 after playing it)

Quote Originally Posted by Browngotti View Post
    I've played and owned just about every "wrestling game" for home console including imports like Toukon Retsuden, Fire PromErestlijg, and Royal Rumble for Dreamcast and I will say 2K17 can rank high on those "lists", but not the top unless you count the hopefully modded PC version.

And my best list goes:

WWE 2K14
    Def Jam Fight for NY
    HCTP
    Wrestlemania 2000
    No Mercy
    *Saturday Night Slam Masters
    Glad to see WWE 2K14 getting some love. Had an awesome roster/attires, best showcase mode ever with 30 years of WrestleMania, Undertaker streak mode, and tons of match options.

It was a phenomenal game. My 360 was stolen, but I was gifted a PS3. I bought that game twice. It was that good

For me it's hard to beat '13 in the last few years. Had some great times online with friends.

'13 was excellent and I LOVE the Attitude Era, but the game was a lot slower than 2K14 and I don't go back and play it much.

Quote Originally Posted by oldschool82 View Post
    Glad to see WWE 2K14 getting some love. Had an awesome roster/attires, best showcase mode ever with 30 years of WrestleMania, Undertaker streak mode, and tons of match options.
    best game of the post HCTP era. the amount of features that game had out does the new games and until 2k is competent enough to actually make games that include all the features HCTP and 2k14 had, it'll never be worthy of top spot.

I duuno about it being the best ever for me its still WCW VS nWo revenge thats the GOAT, BUTTTT from a pure game play stand point yea know acctuly having a wrestling match then 2K17 in my opinion is fantastic and better than 2K16 so for me there's only the AKI WCW/WWF games that are better, man I wish 2K would hire those AKI guys to do 2K18 ahhhh if only.

Quote Originally Posted by Magicseb12@yahoo.com View Post
    I can rely to that. I am 35 years old and i begun playing wrestling game with little flashing wrestlers with not more then 4 moves & 2 of them are punch & kick... ( I saw a Star man on c.c. last night that brought me some good old memories...)

But I have to agree with the complainers that they need to fix all the hard crash that happen with the game...
    Play last year's game with the DLC & you'll get the EXACT same effect with a Retro Story Mode & More Alternate Attires.

Quote Originally Posted by SWAGSUKE View Post
    Well "casketmouth", I tend to live in this place called Planet Earth. You live in fantasy land, which is probably why things don't work out so hot for you. On planet Earth, this is the best game ever. Thanks for playing.
    Don't mind him. he is one of the yearly complainers lmao. yet he keeps buying the games....
    Current Tier: WM33++ Team:Genetic Freaks: WM33++
    Current Deck: WM33EP HBK,WM33EP Brock Lesnar,WM33EP Jeff Hardy, WM33EP Matt hardy, ELP Charlotte, ELP Natyla.

We're comparing arcade style games with a simulation style game like they're the same thing. I prefer simulation, so even with the bugs, I like this more than any WWE game ever.

What glitches? Be specific for me, please.
    What glitches? This guys got those strong fanboy goggles on I suspect... or one of those magical glitch free versions that only a few hardcore fanboys seem to get. lols

I haven't played online in 2-3 years. I avoid playing games of any kind against some twitchy 11 year old kid with no supervision and too much free time.

If I do go online, I play as R-Truth and make them watch his whole entrance. When the bell rings, as the opponent is undoubtedly charging at me full speed like they do each time, I jump outside. I then make R-Truth dance until he's counted out. The way to conclude the fun is message the opponent and inform them "You just lost the dance contest"

I'd love to find someone online who's fun to play with, that'll never happen tho.

Oh lord, that's so sad

Quote Originally Posted by Jay1001 View Post
    What glitches? This guys got those strong fanboy goggles on I suspect... or one of those magical glitch free versions that only a few hardcore fanboys seem to get. lols
    Well, I don't have the game yet. But, in WWE 2K16, there were glitches that were happening to people that didn't happened to me. But, then again, all I did was create and mainly played exhibition. I hardly played MyCareer and Universe mode.

In creation mode, when creating a superstar, there was a bug when editing a custom logo, it will disappear. This only happens when you have logos on the left and right side of you arm and leg. The game will crash at some point, if you happen to use letters more than once (not in the case of forming a word).

And gameplay wise, in a Elimination Chamber Match, if you're getting covered right after somebody else that's covered, when the referee is done with that cover and turns to you, and if you miss the first opportunity to kick out, the mini game will turn gray making unable to kick out at all after. And sometimes in Universe Mode, when somebody grab the bottom rope, you'll stay in that position, until you quit the game.

Now, I've just explained 3 bugs and one crash throughout my whole entire experience with WWE 2K16. It not that there's some "magical glitch free versions" out there. It's just that our experience are different. And I think I made a good example of describing the specifics.
    It's, um, Double!

My first wrestling game was Pro Wrestling on NES. Starman is my mother fudgin favorite. (can I say mother fudgin here? If not I'll edit it out lol)

Quote Originally Posted by SaturnT3 View Post
    We're comparing arcade style games with a simulation style game like they're the same thing. I prefer simulation, so even with the bugs, I like this more than any WWE game ever.

Exactly. People bring up that Here Comes The Pain garbage as if it's anywhere near on the level of Fire Pro.

I have no defintive GOAT game but here are the ones I think are the best in no particular order
    Fire Pro Wrestling (just because you could created just about anyone )
    Day of Reckoning 1 and 2
    Here comes the pain
    Smackdown vs Raw 2006 still play once in a while
    Smackdown Vs Raw 2007
    Smackdown vs Raw 2010
    King of Colliseum
    Wrestle Kingdon 1
    Wrestle Kingdom 2 Smh hard to beleive sometimes the same yukes that made this games made some the dud WWE games we've had
    All Star Pro Wrestling
    No Mercy
    WWE 2k14
    WWE 13
    WWE 2K16
    WWE 2K17 (minus the bugs the best gameplay ever for a WWE GAME )
    I love create a finsher broken as it was , Just bring it , Shut your mouth and HTCP kinda set the tone for the mode with create a taunt where you could create a strike as a taunt that did damage and when you put you mind to it you could have a lot of fun with creating taunts to set up moves. O r the fact I could do a dragonrana, moonsault or 5 star frog splash off the barricade in SVR 2006

Played as AJ Styles last night against The Undertaker. I can't describe how perfect the flow was. AJ's moveset is so fluid, and feels just like I am AJ Styles. The way Undertaker sold on the run, and kicked my ass, felt like a great WWE PPV match.

AJ's strikes and springboards are just amazing. I spam the combo a bit when Undertaker gets a little too uppity and forgets that he may be the Phenom, but AJ is PHENOMENAL.

This is the best wrestling game of all time. Better than any other I can name. I'll still play Fire Pro from time to time though, if that's okay, 2K!

I'll keep buying the games, you keep making them.

I have played every WWE game released on the following consoles: PS1, PS2 PSP, Nintendo 64, Game Cube, Nintendo DS, Nintendo 3DS (WWE All Stars, I have the 3DS version), Xbox 360 and PS4 from SD! Know Your Role 2 for PS1 onwards (including sping offs like Legeds of WM), I have also played the first WWE RAW for PC, played TNA Impact! the videogame for PS2 and Xbox 360 (and found it quite enjoyable actually), played one Fire Pro Wrestling for PS2 (I think it was the FPW Returns, Iīm not sure though) and played both versions of MDickieīs Wrestling Mpire for PC

I think I have enough experience with wrestling videogames overall and WWE games specifically to have a educated opinion on the matter and honestly I would rank WWE 2K17 as the GOAT wrestling game to date in almost every aspect: gameplay, roster, graphics and CAWs. For me, it has just 2 low points:

1_Lacks an enjoyable singleplayer experience outside Exhibition, specially for those looking for immersion and emotional investment. My Career is...not enough developed yet and it seems 2K is taking a cold approach to the mode, not really delivering into storylines. Universe is crap, it always has been in my opinion, itīs a mode I canīt stand as it has nothing to do with why I look for in a singleplayer story driven mode. This videogame (or WWE 2K18 for that matter) needs Story Designer back, itīs the best singleplayer mode WWE games have ever had bar none.

2_Has a lot of bugs and glitches, from minor ones to major ones. Since WWE 12 changed the engine, glitches have become a common thing in this videogames (they werenīt before WWE 12), and like every year from WWE 12 onwards this gameīs support will finish with some unfixed glitches remaining there. Also, WWE 2K17 is the first ever WWE game which is COMPLETELY UNPLAYABLE in itīs released (unpatched) state, meaning you need an internet connection to download a patch or you wonīt be able to enjoy any of itīs gameplay due to very poor perfomances.

The thing is point 1 should be fixed by brining back Story Designer ASAP but the gameplay of the game is good enough to keep me playing Exhibition for the moment, and point 2, with patch 1.06 most gamebreaking issues that I know have been fixed so for the most part the game works right, at least outside Universe. So currently, with an internet connection and knowing that no current gen WWE game has Story Designer, those points are not as big as they appear.

Now onto old WWE games, here is the problem. There were some of them which were great but doesnīt stand to todays standards. SD vs RAW 2006, can you belive it I still play it to this day? I bought a second-handed PSP the last summer to play it again and I still do today because it has the best gameplay of the old arcade-simulation mix of WWE games. Outside 2K15 onwards, SD vs RAW 2006 had the best Stamina system, I love the special Sleeper Hold mechanics and double KOs, I love the Table mechanics and being able to pull off things like Undertaker hitting a Last Ride from the top of a Table to the floor or onto another Table breaking it, loved the moveset (biggest of the old WWE games) and most of the moves animations and specially loved the sounds of hitting the mat (best sounds in any WWE game for that matter, it really makes some moves seem harder than they actually hard just for itīs sound). I think SD vs RAW 2006 have gotten old pretty well, as I say I still play to this day the PSP version even with the bad graphics compared to the PS2 version because itīs gameplay is so fun from a "get the game and play quick matches" perspective without so much simulation involved, and also remembering the old times with itīs great roster, speaking of which I have Muhammad Hassan as my current USA Champion, a title he should have definitely won on his short tenure in the WWE.

I played the Japan Pro Wrestling games in the 90's. First games to have entrances, ring announcers or title defenses. Plus they had Inoki, Jushin Liger, Benoit, The Steiners, Scott Norton, Great Muta.
    I think Owen was even in it with a mask as a unlockable guy. I can't read Japanese so am not sure if it was him lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Top Heel View Post
    I have played every WWE game released on the following consoles: PS1, PS2 PSP, Nintendo 64, Game Cube, Nintendo DS, Nintendo 3DS (WWE All Stars, I have the 3DS version), Xbox 360 and PS4 from SD! Know Your Role 2 for PS1 onwards (including sping offs like Legeds of WM), I have also played the first WWE RAW for PC, played TNA Impact! the videogame for PS2 and Xbox 360 (and found it quite enjoyable actually), played one Fire Pro Wrestling for PS2 (I think it was the FPW Returns, Iīm not sure though) and played both versions of MDickieīs Wrestling Mpire for PC

I think I have enough experience with wrestling videogames overall and WWE games specifically to have a educated opinion on the matter and honestly I would rank WWE 2K17 as the GOAT wrestling game to date in almost every aspect: gameplay, roster, graphics and CAWs. For me, it has just 2 low points:

1_Lacks an enjoyable singleplayer experience outside Exhibition, specially for those looking for immersion and emotional investment. My Career is...not enough developed yet and it seems 2K is taking a cold approach to the mode, not really delivering into storylines. Universe is crap, it always has been in my opinion, itīs a mode I canīt stand as it has nothing to do with why I look for in a singleplayer story driven mode. This videogame (or WWE 2K18 for that matter) needs Story Designer back, itīs the best singleplayer mode WWE games have ever had bar none.

2_Has a lot of bugs and glitches, from minor ones to major ones. Since WWE 12 changed the engine, glitches have become a common thing in this videogames (they werenīt before WWE 12), and like every year from WWE 12 onwards this gameīs support will finish with some unfixed glitches remaining there. Also, WWE 2K17 is the first ever WWE game which is COMPLETELY UNPLAYABLE in itīs released (unpatched) state, meaning you need an internet connection to download a patch or you wonīt be able to enjoy any of itīs gameplay due to very poor perfomances.

The thing is point 1 should be fixed by brining back Story Designer ASAP but the gameplay of the game is good enough to keep me playing Exhibition for the moment, and point 2, with patch 1.06 most gamebreaking issues that I know have been fixed so for the most part the game works right, at least outside Universe. So currently, with an internet connection and knowing that no current gen WWE game has Story Designer, those points are not as big as they appear.

Now onto old WWE games, here is the problem. There were some of them which were great but doesnīt stand to todays standards. SD vs RAW 2006, can you belive it I still play it to this day? I bought a second-handed PSP the last summer to play it again and I still do today because it has the best gameplay of the old arcade-simulation mix of WWE games. Outside 2K15 onwards, SD vs RAW 2006 had the best Stamina system, I love the special Sleeper Hold mechanics and double KOs, I love the Table mechanics and being able to pull off things like Undertaker hitting a Last Ride from the top of a Table to the floor or onto another Table breaking it, loved the moveset (biggest of the old WWE games) and most of the moves animations and specially loved the sounds of hitting the mat (best sounds in any WWE game for that matter, it really makes some moves seem harder than they actually hard just for itīs sound). I think SD vs RAW 2006 have gotten old pretty well, as I say I still play to this day the PSP version even with the bad graphics compared to the PS2 version because itīs gameplay is so fun from a "get the game and play quick matches" perspective without so much simulation involved, and also remembering the old times with itīs great roster, speaking of which I have Muhammad Hassan as my current USA Champion, a title he should have definitely won on his short tenure in the WWE.
    I always go on about SVR 2006 15 Clotheslines, 10 OR 20 powerbombs, 30 DDT's, and about 6 different armbar's submissions for every ground postion that game is choc full of moves it why i still have it . I miss the story designer and create finisher modes because by the time 2k15 had arrived i had just got into the groove of using those modes to expand my playing experience like using create a finisher to create a unique pinning sequence to finish a match like HBK vs Y2J at mania

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123