Thread: I'm having trouble getting the counter up for Outside Dive and Move Thief

I'm having trouble getting the counter up for Outside Dive and Move Thief

I'm having trouble getting the counter up for Unlockables requiring Outside Dive and Move Thief.
    I know how to do both, and have done them lots of times but the counters aren't going up. Is there something more specific I need to do to get them to work?

Kind of related: I was playing as Finn Balor for a couple of matches and it says he has the abilities Springboard Dive and Outside Dive, but neither of them work. I know how to do them since I've done them with another character just fine, but it doesn't work with Finn Balor. Does anyone else get this?

I'm having trouble raising the counters for the Unlockables requiring Outside Dive and Move Thief.
    I know how to do both, but the counters aren't going up. Is there something specific I need to do to make them count towards the Unlockable?

Kind of related: I was playing as Finn Balor for a couple of matches and his Abilities says he has Springboard Dive and Outside Dive but neither of them work. I know how to do them since I was doing them fine with another character, but it doesn't work with Balor. Does anyone else get this?
    Last edited by Zeokage; 11-11-2016 at 11:33 PM. Reason: Multiple posts in moderation, please use Edit Post function

Which mode are you doing them in? It's supposed to be in Play mode vs AI...

For Balor, double check that he actually has a move assigned to those positions.
    YOU for the CYBER SERIES!
    Vote to decide who is the best male WWE Superstar on the roster today!
    Currently voting: Round Robin Matches

(Sorry for the double post thing; when I submitted my topic the first time, I didn't see it in the forum anywhere so I thought it didn't go through and I made another one. I didn't see until the second time that it said the post had to be approved by a moderator first or something to that effect)

I tried both Universe, and just playing normal matches. Both methods were against a computer opponent.

I'll check that with Balor, thanks. I didn't edit his move list at all though, so I thought if they have the ability set then they would already come with a proper move for it.

Which console are you using? Someone here could replicate your issue which would help figure out what is going on.

As for the move-set, I'm only suggesting it because it's the simplest thing that would cause the problem.
    YOU for the CYBER SERIES!
    Vote to decide who is the best male WWE Superstar on the roster today!
    Currently voting: Round Robin Matches

I'm on PS3.

please help, I have the same problem with the rock atire, I use the move thief many times, and I only have 1/30
    playing on Ps3 also

I'm having trouble getting the counter up for Outside Dive and Move Thief
    I'm having trouble getting the counter up for Unlockables requiring Outside Dive and Move Thief.
    I know how to do both, and have done them lots of times but the counters aren't going up. Is there something more specific I need to do to get them to work?

Kind of related: I was playing as Finn Balor for a couple of matches and it says he has the abilities Springboard Dive and Outside Dive, but neither of them work. I know how to do them since I've done them with another character just fine, but it doesn't work with Finn Balor. Does anyone else get this?

I had the same problem while playing the xbox 360 version, same character as you, finn balor. i was somewhat shocked that they assign him both dives, but in his moves, they never gave him any actual moves to use. seems like a cheap feature if you ask me.

update to last post about the dives:

I changed ricky steamboat`s moves to have an outside dive, but only from a run. i tried a match with these settings, and my unlocks is now at 6 outside dives. i get life`s not fair, but it seems 2K or one of the companies went out of their way to challenge you on this goal.