Thread: Evolve Servers Bug

Evolve Servers Bug

Someone random get kicked for no reason, no chance to rejoin unless friends invite.

Please look into the matter. playing with a dumb bot with suicidal tendencies ruin early game and much of the game is over.

Happened to me before, I just return to lobby and searching while my mates are already ingame. This explains why players disappear after game countdown just starts.

Please look into it, happens to other random players. Happens to me. Godo thing friends were ingame, I could rejoin

it keeps happening. its already hard to find games, now random players get kicked from rooms, and another hour of queuing. i hope this will solve soon. for the last 4 games, connection to host failed.
    Last edited by hyperiuSupern0va; 12-05-2016 at 03:53 AM.

keeps happening again. we queue, and upon countdown to 0. some random player gets kicked, which is my friend. and he can't rejoin. versus monster with 1 bot ? no tq. wastes so much of time. we're working ppl, only get few hours to game.. and we're wasting it on this.. please fix the server problem.

This is a legitimate problem.
    If you guys here at 2K are going to keep this game running, stuff like this needs to get fixed. I see it happen in about every other game and friend invites don't always work. More often than not, it means a group of friends get screwed out of playing with one another because someone gets booted and can't rejoin until after the round finishes.

They likely have no intentions of keeping it going.

Yeap, ongoing problem. just wastes time, and monster gets to vs 1 suicidal bot or one that domes at stage 3 wherever.

this just happened.

then this happened, game stucks. and twice today. first one, i get a window saying all players left. waited for about 20 minutes.

Happens to me very often:

1) Unable to collect the daily sign-in reward on the first try (70% of time)
    2) User badges are shown as basic ones and the character level banner is as "level 1" (2040% of the time, depends on the day), but after match starting countdown timer reaches zero all badges/banners are showed properly for 1 second, and the game starts.
    3) After match starting countdown timer goes to zero it resets to 15 seconds and starts again (5% of the time), banners/shields do not show properly if they have been shown improperly (described in "2" above), and will only show proper values at the real start of the game.
    4) After match starting countdown goes to zero one of the players is kicked (80% of time this is assault, 10% is medic, 10% is trapper, total number of occurancies - near 4 out of 10 games), and that player is unable to rejoin the match neither by "join" feature, nor by the "invite to game", and is only able to rejoin after the match has been finished, and statistics screen is showed. When attempting to join the bried "enabling multiplayer parties" message is shown for 1 second and it goes back to game mode selection screen. Mostly tied with issue "2",
    5) Overall servers response times have been slowed down a lot - rewards, statistics, game finding are slower and much more bugged than two weeks ago.

These bugs really ruin the already not-so-populated game and decrease the number of people willing to play.
    Last edited by Skripatch; 12-11-2016 at 01:20 AM. Reason: added some info to the "4" section

Thank you. I have already forwarded this and now let's wait for an official statement.
    I am a Community Moderator, not an official 2K Representative

Quote Originally Posted by THISaint View Post
    Thank you. I have already forwarded this and now let's wait for an official statement.
    Thank you for trying to help

Also thank you for forwarding this issue. I still see people playing despite the server problems, though it has become common enough that people recognize the errors by names now.

I'll watch this space for whatever official statement is forthcoming.

Poking in to bump the thread and to add details:
    After being kicked in this way out of the match, the sound disappears either till the next session is set in actual action (so only after the loading is finished and the "landing" sequence begins), or even till the full game restart.

Quote Originally Posted by Skripatch View Post
    Poking in to bump the thread and to add details:
    After being kicked in this way out of the match, the sound disappears either till the next session is set in actual action (so only after the loading is finished and the "landing" sequence begins), or even till the full game restart.
    Yep, this is true. thanks. i've experienced it a few times. and very annoying when even in own custom matches, friend get kicked and cant rejoin.

Game is unplayable now. 2k, fix it! It is really high priority bug! Such a great game and so sluggish support, can't believe it! What else must occur with this game, to pay yours attention to this?

Yes i noticed that too. I came back to play some matches yesterday and the game now seems unplayable for good. People are randomly kicked right before the beginning of a match without a reason.......it's a mess.

I hope this server bug gets fixed soon and is not ignored by 2K. Evolve is an amazing game despite it's low player base. Would really love to see another crew have the opportunity to work on Stage 2 in the near future.

Quote Originally Posted by [Epex] aetonix View Post
    I hope this server bug gets fixed soon and is not ignored by 2K. Evolve is an amazing game despite it's low player base. Would really love to see another crew have the opportunity to work on Stage 2 in the near future.

.....the game is abandoned without support but he is still......"evolving" x), despite of 2K silence....
    As players, we deserve some reply....something like "we won't touch this game anymore" or "we will renew the contract to another team" or "we will fix the problem...."

Come on 2K it's not so difficult...this slow agony is pathetic.

Possible solution
    > If you get booted back to an empty lobby, immediately close the game and start it again. Then wait in a new empty lobby. Have someone in the match reinvite you back when the match timer has reached 2 minutes.

> This tactic has worked 5 out of 5 times in our tests now. Attempting to rejoin before the round timer has gone on for 2 minutes just results in the person being booted back to an empty lobby. It would seem the server needs some time to fix itself from the old failed connection before it can allow you to rejoin or something.

> Another tactic that has allowed rejoining a round every time so far is to invite a completely different player to fill the empty spot, then that player disconnects and the original player rejoins.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/273350...2549357881031/

Thanks for posting this, will try it out if applicable. Requires you to have a friend in the game you got kicked from, but that's not terribly uncommon.

The "Badge Glitch" leading to lobby disconnects still appears at present, as does extended multiple retries to claim the daily login reward - which would matter less if it did not force you to claim the reward when available.

8 / 8 games, 1 person gets kicked. community mod already forwarded this, it has been more than a month. looks like they dont really bother

how about an answer at least?! will this ever be fixed? game really got unplayable, i want to know if i can clear some disc space...

This silence is absurd. We deserve a reply, since we supported the game and are respectable people, like 2K is a respectable publisher should be.....right ? I will be happy even with a "we are closing servers soon". So we all can deal with that, and delete the game.
    Last edited by StIwY; 12-28-2016 at 03:41 AM.

I am still experiencing this issue, as well. I have to keep reopening my support ticket because the issue is ongoing. The last support employee I had contact with acknowledged there was a recorded server issue and that the proper team was working on it, but I submitted my ticket a month ago and would desperately like this issue to be fixed. I haven't been able to play because every time I manage to connect to my profile, I always get booted at the start of the match. I would just like to play.

I hope 2K has plans for Evolve in 2017.

With the holidays over, hopefully whatever server teams or management responsible for addressing or at least officially saying something about this will return soon. As hard as it has been to wait, I've kept in mind that the holidays do tend to slow down responses - now that excuse will be gone. Still watching this space.

Hope something actually becomes of it and they're not just giving us the Mushroom Treatment and elaborate on "maintaining and expanding" until its shutdown, like SOE did.

Because it IS on pc, though. they can come back to it at any time.

Christmas holydays are over. Time to work at Evolve now.....hopefully...am i right, 2k ?

Quote Originally Posted by StIwY View Post
    Christmas holydays are over. Time to work at Evolve now.....hopefully...am i right, 2k ?
    Time will say.
    Last edited by SArais; 01-07-2017 at 11:20 AM.

i can't even log in.
    cant. ...

I was able to log in and do some games tonight, but I got disconnected once and someone who joined my party got disconnected once in a different game.

@THISaint - I know you said you forwarded this along about a month ago, but could you do so again or otherwise refresh/check for activity on their end? The problem remains, and at minimum some form of official answer would be very much appreciated.

EDIT:
    For clarity - we're looking to an answer on what 2k plans to do about the current issue, and how it will support Evolve in 2017. Options would appear to be:
    1. No plans - Game continues as-is, with frequent disconnections
    2. Stability Fix Only - 2K plans to fix servers or patch the game to remedy the disconnection problem and make the game stable again, in its current form.
    3. Stability Fix + some patches - Game patches in addition to stability fix, content TBD.
    4. Stop supporting evolve - Servers go away, Evolve would no longer run multiplayer and would be truly dead at that point

I obviously am hoping options 1 and 4 are not the case... but if we get an official response, that would be something. I still see new players joining the game, but poor experiences would turn them away.

Thanks in advance for forwarding this along!
    Last edited by Wrecker; 01-09-2017 at 09:28 PM. Reason: Added clarity on what to forward

i think they are afraid of commenting any single thing as when they do it, fans will expect more and more. we dont know if their budget is slim for evolve. however, it is very sad and disgraceful to leave an epic game like that. we dont mind playing as long nobody gets kick. low player count doesnt matter,

now we cant even play with friends, one of them gets kicked. even in 5 player custom games.

my friend in china has not been able to log in for 2 days, he tried everything he could think of, he simply cant login at all... he is a founder.

2K is deaf at our questions. Idk if it's a good or bad sign...if it means "we just don't give a s...." or "we won't reply for now because we are planning something...."

cant login

Quote Originally Posted by hyperiuSupern0va View Post
    my friend in china has not been able to log in for 2 days, he tried everything he could think of, he simply cant login at all... he is a founder.
    i had the same problem reinstalling didn't solve it but changing windows from 10 to 7 did the trick.
    hope it solve logging-in problem for your friend.

2k seems to have wanted it to fail from the beginning: http://steamcommunity.com/app/273350...1352664065847/
    Last edited by SArais; 01-19-2017 at 12:24 PM.

So through the workaround of "wait a few minutes at the main menu" I can typically get past the login errors. The bigger issue remains the disconnections that frequently happen on game start.

As a side note, the 2k support ticket just came back with a second 'suggestion' after I gave them my steam ID - they reset my accepting the EULA, and said to see if that fixed anything after accepting it again. So far it doesnt seem much different at all, and I will likely respond back with that.

Guys, cheerious update!

After almost 1 month of absense I have tried to play today.
    And it works! It looks to be fixed!

I have played 7 matches, and got not a single kick or dropout.

Steamcharts show that the player activity is the same - around 500 players at a time, so it is not about the low workload of servers.

Really hope that the fix is in place and is permanent.

Seeya all in the jungle.

Update: some additional insurance as a client-side workaround:
    http://steamcommunity.com/app/273350...5957991775581/

Yep, totally fabulous.

Much Thanks to 2K to finally fix the servers.

Don't rush the joy...better wait for a confirm

lo and behold, same bug returns.

same thing. random kick upon game start