Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Game stuck at logo screen when trying to load game

Game stuck at logo screen when trying to load game

I am not sure what causes this issue but I remember this occurring in 2k16 which makes it very sad that this is a reoccurring problem with NBA 2k17. About every 1 outta 5 (maybe more) I will goto load NBA and it will load up until the screen that shows all the teams logos then it will sit there stagnant until I eventually have to quit out and just keep attempting to load back in just to play the game that I purchased. This may not seem like a problem and it is usually one I can live with if after 2 or 3 resets the game decides to fully load up and allow me to play. It becomes a problem after 40 minutes of repeatedly quitting out and trying to start the game. I know other people experience the same problem because if it isn't happening to me then its happening to one of my friends while they attempt to load up and play the game. I assume there is no fix on this problem but I'm here preying I'm wrong and that this is something that can be done so I dont have to continue wasting time staring at the logos from the nba.

any help or suggestions would be appreciated

Just leave it and wait it out. I had this prob last night, it must have been hanging for almost 5 minutes, but is fine now. probably doing the tuning or checking your system or something dude. Just a weird screen to be doing on.

Try clearing the reserved space for NBA 2k17. I had similar problem. My game would get stuck at the main splash screen and then give me the "took too long to load" error. After clearing the reserved space, the problem went away.

Mine did this for 30 minutes today, I can't play this game anymore, kinda pissed off. Xbox1 here

Unplug power cord till controller turns off, then plug it back up and restart the system. Seems to help on some occasions.

yea its terrible, obviously ive tried hard resetting xbox, loading up another game and then going back in. none of these seemed to fix the problem. I guess its just something I'm gonna have to live with. loading up the game is like flipping a coin 50 % chance its not gonna work and ill be stuck for 30 - 40 minutes just reloading the game until it works. worst part about this is that this occurred (not as frequently) last year in 2k16 for me.
    Where do you go to "clear reserved space" and that just doesn't sound like a good idea for some reason but I'm willing to try anything at this point because of the countless hours ive wasted sitting at the logo screen with my lucky rabbit foot preying to the nba2k gods that the game is going to load up

Quote Originally Posted by MostWantedi3 View Post
    yea its terrible, obviously ive tried hard resetting xbox, loading up another game and then going back in. none of these seemed to fix the problem. I guess its just something I'm gonna have to live with. loading up the game is like flipping a coin 50 % chance its not gonna work and ill be stuck for 30 - 40 minutes just reloading the game until it works. worst part about this is that this occurred (not as frequently) last year in 2k16 for me.
    Where do you go to "clear reserved space" and that just doesn't sound like a good idea for some reason but I'm willing to try anything at this point because of the countless hours ive wasted sitting at the logo screen with my lucky rabbit foot preying to the nba2k gods that the game is going to load up
    It will not harm the game. I think it basically deletes the cache for the game. There is about 4 gigs of it. After deleting the reserved space, the game will sync online and you should be good to go. I've googled it and didn't find anyone who has had a problem after deleting reserved space.

To do this, select NBA 2k17 and press menu button and then Manage Game. Scroll down to Saved Data and you should see Reserved Space. Delete that. DO NOT delete your profile data.

Looks like 2K servers are down, so you might want to wait to try this when they are back up.

ok man thanks for your help next time it happens I will give that a try

Quote Originally Posted by MrHerbDaily View Post
    It will not harm the game. I think it basically deletes the cache for the game. There is about 4 gigs of it. After deleting the reserved space, the game will sync online and you should be good to go. I've googled it and didn't find anyone who has had a problem after deleting reserved space.

To do this, select NBA 2k17 and press menu button and then Manage Game. Scroll down to Saved Data and you should see Reserved Space. Delete that. DO NOT delete your profile data.
    I tried the clear "reserve data" when I was having the problem last night. it worked. However when I restarted the game it gave me a freight as in I had to "remake my pro". thankfully once I remade a pro, my other guy still existed. so Its good to stress not deleting your profile information when clearing the reserve data
    thanks for your help man.

Looks like 2K is back to being stuck at the logo screen! Anyone know what the issue is?

12. I've been getting this for days now. Never did this before until a few days ago. I luckily played last night but now it won't work.

I've played NHL, GTA and WWE today... No issues...

This is ridiculous. This franchise used to be FLAWLESS. The constant bugs as years go by is absurd.

I have had the NBA team page up for 10-15 minutes at times. I'm also having an issue where it boots me out of the game on MyGM when using advanced rotations and putting players from the reserve into the lineup and then editing the advanced rotations.

This was the response from i got 2k support when I put in a support ticket concerning the NBA team page freeze:

----I'm happy to reassure you that you're not actually encountering a freeze on startup. The game is simply taking an extended amount of time to load correctly.

----As more content is released for the game over time, this loading period can take quite a while to complete (especially if the game has not been played recently for some time). The loading can take even longer depending on your network connection. I hope this helps explain what's going on!

I use Xbox one and I encounter the logo screen freeze recently for several times. I suggest to turn off the console and reboot and sometimes there is no more stuck.

Loading screen freezing. Fix this!

I don't want to have to clear my system cache every time so my ☺☺☺☺☺☺☺ game will load. Never had to deal with this with any other game on Xbox one before. 2k, you're ☺☺☺☺☺☺☺ useless. Fix your piece of ☺☺☺☺ game. Trading this in for NBA EA, at least I can play that one.

lol @ that response from 2K. Jesus, these people are zombies.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtowntiger View Post
    I have had the NBA team page up for 10-15 minutes at times. I'm also having an issue where it boots me out of the game on MyGM when using advanced rotations and putting players from the reserve into the lineup and then editing the advanced rotations.

This was the response from i got 2k support when I put in a support ticket concerning the NBA team page freeze:

----I'm happy to reassure you that you're not actually encountering a freeze on startup. The game is simply taking an extended amount of time to load correctly.

----As more content is released for the game over time, this loading period can take quite a while to complete (especially if the game has not been played recently for some time). The loading can take even longer depending on your network connection. I hope this helps explain what's going on!
    lol @ that response from 2K. Jesus, these people are zombies.
    Last edited by Zeokage; 12-24-2016 at 12:31 PM. Reason: Multiple posts, please use the Edit option.

Game stuck at Team Logo screen?

Ever since I downloaded the paych 1.07, my game freezes on me on where the all of the teams are posted upnin the loading screen. I NEED this fixed NOW! I just got $250 of VC for Christmas and I want to use it now!!!! This is why after this NBA 2K game, I WON'T be buying it again unless the developers fixes their problems.

Quote Originally Posted by slider View Post
    Ever since I downloaded the paych 1.07, my game freezes on me on where the all of the teams are posted upnin the loading screen. I NEED this fixed NOW! I just got $250 of VC for Christmas and I want to use it now!!!! This is why after this NBA 2K game, I WON'T be buying it again unless the developers fixes their problems.

I've been dealing with the same thing. For at least a week now. I've uninstalled the game and reinstalled it too. A couple times. I actually came to the forums to post about this. I'm literally staring at that screen you're talking about right now.

Have either of you sent a ticket to 2K via support.2k.com yet?
    Threads Remaining: 900-1,000

This is going to take a while...

Yes. They haven't responded to me. It kind of pisses me off.

It can take a while to get a response. How long ago did you send it?

About 3 or 4 days ago

Can the game just work?

My game won't even load to the main menu. It's basically a 60 dollar drink coaster now. Can 2k sports actually reply to me about how to solve my problem with their product that doesn't work anymore?

I am having the same problem. I put in a ticket a few days ago and got nothing.

Just to get the initial questions out of the way, have you tried reinstalling and resetting your cache?

So right before the weekend? Normally it would take at least a week before a reply comes in my experience, maybe longer considering the time of year.

Well it sucks it keeps freezing on me. Plus my family spent $250 on VC that I can't use and it pisses me off.

I have. Yes

I just wait. Seems to get stuck on the team logo screen. A lot of us are having this issue. Start up the game then go make a coffee or something. I waited almost 10 minutes one time.

The only known work around is to delete reserved space for NBA 2K17. It will then load and synch online. It's a PIA but a lot quicker than waiting for it to load on it's own. I urge everyone to submit a ticket and don't let the Support people tell you it's normal.

I did everything you said. And still nothing. I submitted a ticket 3-4 days ago and nothing. This is bogus!

Game stuck at Team Logo screen? Read here for temporary solution.

I'm seeing more and more people with this issue after the 1.07 patch.

First of all, please submit a ticket with 2K support. They need to know about this problem so they can release a fix.

The temporary solution is to delete reserve space for the game.

To do this, select NBA 2K17 on your dashboard, but do not start it. Click the Menu button on your controller, go to Manage Game, Saved data, Reserved space and delete it (it's 4GB) . DO NOT DELETE your profile.

Now start the game and it should load normally. It will need to sync online which takes about 5 minutes.

You'll have to do this every few days until 2K comes up with a fix.

i see everyone on here complaining about the same problem I had(hence why I started this thread in the first place). however it doesn't look like 75% of the people have read this whole thread well the one guy told me to "Clear Reserve Data" and ultimately that worked for me. So I would call that a fix, I'm not saying its right that I have to clean the reserve data everytime I want to load up NBA but at least it is a fix that prevents me from spending hours staring at the logo screen and I actually get to play the game.
    so until it is fixed, which might not happen (considering this issue occurred for me last year on 2k16 just not as frequently), your gonna have to just clear the reserve data and then load up.

i see everyone on here complaining about the same problem I had(hence why I started this thread in the first place). however it doesn't look like 75% of the people have read this whole thread well the one guy told me to "Clear Reserve Data" and ultimately that worked for me. So I would call that a fix, I'm not saying its right that I have to clean the reserve data everytime I want to load up NBA but at least it is a fix that prevents me from spending hours staring at the logo screen and I actually get to play the game.
    so until it is fixed, which might not happen (considering this issue occurred for me last year on 2k16 just not as frequently), your gonna have to just clear the reserve data and then load up.
    I've got a 1TB XBOX with less than half of my memory used...How would that affect me?

Help lost my career due to freeze bug at team logo screen.

After deleting reserved space to get past the frozen team logo screen my career was gone. I didnt fret i expected this from the info on forums. However after going to manage files to choose my main career player i got an error saying syncing data. Please try again momentarily. 49 minutes later now still same message. Help!

I hope you left it to sync. I actually restored my xbox but kept games and apps. That's seems to have fixed a lot of problems I was having. Everything runs faster and more smooth now.

There shouldn't be any problem deleting reserved space as it's simply stored cache for the game. What error are you getting exactly and when are you getting it? If it's trying to sync online and you get an error, it might be because the servers are not 100% right now. My only suggestion is to keep trying to let it sync. Maybe give it a few days.

I hope you didn't delete the profile file along with reserved space file.

I have an external hard drive on my xbox and I have plenty of space. all I know is for some odd reason when the game gets stuck at the logo screen the remedy if you feel like playing in the foreseeable future is to clear the reserve data. None the less it is embarrassing that this is what I have to do on a regular basis to have the chance of playing.

I have an external hard drive on my xbox and I have plenty of space. all I know is for some odd reason when the game gets stuck at the logo screen the remedy if you feel like playing in the foreseeable future is to clear the reserve data. None the less it is embarrassing that this is what I have to do on a regular basis to have the chance of playing.
    Yeah...and I've noticed the extremely long loading times as of late...what's all that about? New content, servers?

Ok I had problems starting the game for a week or so. I resetted my xbox but kept games and apps, it's in settings/system/reset xbox. Worked a treat, and my xbox runs a ton better for cleaning out the hard drive.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast