Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Game stuck at logo screen when trying to load game

This is crazy but in my vast experience of clearing the reserve data in order to play NBA2k17. the next time I hop on I have been unable to sync which ultimately lead me to be unable to connect and get that error code. I found that by going to the credits and watching the credits until a box in the bottom left corner pops up saying "update required return to main menu". at that point ive been able to go back to the main screen and all of my information was still there and it would load up.
    like the kid above said hopefully you didn't delete your profiles because I think you might be beat if you did that

2k keeps freezing

Am i the only person thats having this problem? Mine is freezing at the screen where it shows all the teams or the mini movie and it doesnt let me skip without freezing! I already uninstalled it and reinstalled it but it keeps doing the same thing.

Is it always freezing at the exact same moment? Are you playing the DVD or digital version?

Yea it freezes at the same time every time and the disc

Check your disc for scratches or finger prints/smudges. Wipe it down gently with microfiber cloth.

i was freezing at the same team screen beginning yesterday. i installed it on my 2nd console and it worked fine. i'll try cleaning the disk and plugging it back in on #1.

Exclamation Xbox one freeze

Hello,

I have nba2k 17 downloaded onto my Xbox one via Microsoft store and for some reason everytime I open game and get past the team logo display to the opening cutscene of CP3 it just freezes this has never happened before. Please help or any advice. Thanks

Same here. I did the fix to delete reserve space, delete game save data, uninstall and reinstall the game and it's still giving me the NBA logo freeze. This is unbelievable considering I spent so much VC upgrading my player and now it's gone? I am halfway done with my first regular season too up to a 92 rating! I am not happy right now because I didn't do anything out of the normal way I usually play. @2ksupport just responds by saying to wait while the "Please wait, retrieving data from 2K servers." completes. I left my Xboxone on all night and woke up to the same screen. This is unacceptable.

It needs to be addressed

yo dude that happens to me all the time. you have to clear reserve data NOT DELETE YOUR PROFILE OR ANYTHING ELSE JUST THE RESERVE data the kid above seems to have deleted his profile which he wasn't supposed to do. at which point next time you log on it will tell you that u need to make a new player. make a new player quickly and then a message will pop up saying "cant find save description and some other BS" none of it means anything ur player will still be there when you click my career. In the case scenario where you cant connect to the servers after that you need to goto the credits and watch them until a box in the lower left corner pops up saying "update required return to main screen" return to main screen youll be connected.
    on the real this works because I have to do it on a nightly basis if I'm not getting stuck at the logo screen, I am getting stuck at chris paul mid dribble. unfortunately this is the only way I have been able to consistently play the game and I agree it needs to be address but in the mean time this is a fix that will at least allow you to play the game that you paid for

and if its satys that please wait retrieving data I found it is faster to just cancel that and head right to the credits don't be alarmed if the credits don't work the first time around it might work on the 2nd time around for me it usually works within the first credits and in no way am I saying this is acceptable that I/we have to jump through these hoops in order to play just tryna help u be able to play. let me know how you make out
    Last edited by Zeokage; 01-06-2017 at 04:52 PM. Reason: Multiple posts, please use the Edit option.

Man what is 2k doing!!!

Cleared 'Saved data', now all files are gone including MyCareer.

Played for about two weeks before game started freezing in the teams logo page. Almost had my Xbox sent in due to assuming my optical disc drive wasn't reading anymore. Returned old copy of 2k17 and installed brand new copy to no avail. Still freezes at logo screen. Watched video on how to clear the 'Saved data', decided to try it due to the game being literally unplayable and now all my files are deleted. I spent $40 on VC for MyCareer player, let alone the retail price for a game that becomes unplayable and now that character is gone? Ridiculous. Does anyone have a fix for this?

Opened a ticket with 2k support. Immediately got an automated response saying I'm basically screwed. Apparently it's my responsibility to figure out the issue with this joke of a game. I have to manually clear its cache just to get it to run? And heaven forbid that happens and you lose all of your saved files and MONEY YOU SPEND ON VC. ☺☺☺☺ 2k. Instead of uploading pointless videos and creating events for MyPark how about you fix your broken game. This is the last game I'll ever purchase from these crooks. ☺☺☺☺ you 2k.
    Last edited by Zeokage; 01-10-2017 at 10:26 AM. Reason: Multiple posts, please use the Edit option.

Quote Originally Posted by Bmbak View Post
    Played for about two weeks before game started freezing in the teams logo page. Almost had my Xbox sent in due to assuming my optical disc drive wasn't reading anymore. Returned old copy of 2k17 and installed brand new copy to no avail. Still freezes at logo screen. Watched video on how to clear the 'Saved data', decided to try it due to the game being literally unplayable and now all my files are deleted. I spent $40 on VC for MyCareer player, let alone the retail price for a game that becomes unplayable and now that character is gone? Ridiculous. Does anyone have a fix for this?
    Best thing to do is delete reserved game space, delete local saved games, uninstall the game, reinstall. Once the game loads, leave it alone as it syncs! Just WAIT! It might be 30 minutes. It might be one hour but just leave the game alone and it eventually works. That's what I did, and my game works fine now including fixing all the corrupted files. When the game freezes on the logo screen, apparently that's when it's updating the game so when you stop the process, the files become corrupted. Give or take for my XboxOne, it takes about 10 minutes before everything loads to the main menu screen.

I also noticed that the file names weren't there until I loaded each one up and it returned to normal. But like you said...pretty scary pending on how much money or time spent on the game.

Logo screen froze now the "fix" is frozen on retrieving data

So I tried the clear data fix to fix the logo load screen glitch and now its been almost 2 hours for the "Please wait, retrieving data from 2k sports server" and dont want to reset because I dont want to lose everything. Is there a fix for a fix? Or is this another ☺☺☺☺☺☺ attempt of 2k scamming more people out of money again. ☺☺☺☺ 2k. Last game I buy from them.

yes cancel that retrieving data and goto the credits and watch them until a box in the lower left corner pops up saying that there is an update required and to return to the main screen and once you goto main screen u will be connected to servers. don't be alarmed if you have to watch the credits twice. Credits haven't failed me yet.

Just wait and it will eventually load. Last night it took a good 20 minutes before the main menu popped up so turn the game on... do something else like have lunch, homework, watch a movie, etc. Than hopefully after 15 minutes passed, the main menu should pop up.

Well, you are screwed about the saved data, but if the logo screen freeze happens again, clear just the reserved game space, NOT SAVE DATA, and go play a few black top games until you get a prompt for the update. After the prompt appears, go back to the main menu and your original MyPlayer and saved data should be back on there.

Exclamation NBA 2k17 logo screen freeze glitch

Please 2k try to fix this glitch in the system. It is getting really annoying having to wait from 15 minutes to an hour to play this game every time i load it up. Never get to just get on and play some cause of this. I always have to clear my reserved space and wait for everything load back so i don't lose anything. All i want to do is get on and play some mypark with my friends but none of them want to play because of this glitch and how long it takes to get past this glitch. So all i am asking is please fix this glitch 2k it will help out a lot and make this game enjoyable again.

This is a problem that I've had on and off for about a month now. It is clear that nobody close to the game monitors these threads (they do at Operation Sports though) because here is an article from 2K that stresses NOT to delete the Reserve Space: http://support.2k.com/hc/en-us/artic...n-I-Delete-It-

I have deleted it twice to try to rectify this problem but will not be doing so again. Both times I did it, after loading the game I received an error message which is related to network connectivity & not having the most recent update installed. Here's another article regarding that: http://support.2k.com/hc/en-us/artic...ssage-EFEAB30C

Each time, it re-wrote my sliders & custom rosters so all that data was lost. Thankfully, all it did to my MyLeague was erase the description of it but not the actual file. Once the update box finally popped up and activated (it took forever one of the times), luckily most things were back to normal and my MyLeague was able to load properly with the correct description. However, like I said all my other settings were overwritten both times I went through the process. I did NOT delete my user data, just the Reserve Space. As that 2K article discussed, I would not recommend deleting the Reserve Space for this issue. I wish 2K would address this with a better method to remedy the problem because it is clearly something a lot of people have encountered.

not sure why everyone seems to just wanna wait for the game to sync after clearing the data. why waste another 15/20 mins when you can just goto the credits and watch them for like 3-5 mins and be on the game. I do it every single night (unfortunately) because I want to play the game and my player data has never been lost. so I'm not quite sure why you guys would clear the reserve data and then be back in the same situation waiting for the game to sync. I read above that instead of doing the credits you can just play black top games . Ill give that a try tonight but waiting the 20 minutes to sync doesn't make sense because in my experience at that point you could've just waited 20 minutes for the logo screen to eventually load through but do what ever makes you guys happy.

Quote Originally Posted by MostWantedi3 View Post
    not sure why everyone seems to just wanna wait for the game to sync after clearing the data. why waste another 15/20 mins when you can just goto the credits and watch them for like 3-5 mins and be on the game. I do it every single night (unfortunately) because I want to play the game and my player data has never been lost. so I'm not quite sure why you guys would clear the reserve data and then be back in the same situation waiting for the game to sync. I read above that instead of doing the credits you can just play black top games . Ill give that a try tonight but waiting the 20 minutes to sync doesn't make sense because in my experience at that point you could've just waited 20 minutes for the logo screen to eventually load through but do what ever makes you guys happy.
    Cause sometimes it won't even let you pass Chris Paul dribbling.

when it gets stuck on him dribbling I do the same exact process and it works every time without me waiting 20 minutes for the game to "sync"

Unistall and then install the game works just takes time. But really, I turn the game on when I have time to play it. By the time I gave the game going it's time for bed. 2k I'm give you good money for VC can I play the game?
    Last edited by Tormented; 01-13-2017 at 02:06 PM. Reason: spelling

Exclamation Stuck At Chris Paul Screen

My Game Keeps Freezing At The Chris Paul Screen Does Any Have any Ideas That Might Help?

I was stuck at the logo screen yesterday for 2 hours trying to get it to start. Today it worked fine. It seems like a lottery if it starts or not.

on the 2kSupport website. They are telling you guys DO NOT DETELE the RESERVE SPACE.

http://support.2k.com/hc/en-us/articles/234764408
    NBA | Epic Tier
    Legendary: 1 Epic: 2 Ultra Rare: 8

Quote Originally Posted by SimpyDopex View Post
    on the 2kSupport website. They are telling you guys DO NOT DETELE the RESERVE SPACE.

http://support.2k.com/hc/en-us/articles/234764408
    Then maybe they should fix the problem? Then again logic is a mysterious concept for 2K.

For all of those saying they are getting stuck at the chris paul dribbling, my game freezes 50% of the time at logo screen 50% of the time mid dribble at chris paul. Clearing reserve data fixes the problem. as for the person who posted that 2k doesn't want us to clear reserve data, that's completely up to you. Don't clear it and take the crap shoot of waiting 30 minutes on logo screen hoping for it start, which is never may. Or clear it and actually have a chance of playing the game you paid for. every single night I opt to clear the data and usually end up watching the credits for 5 minutes to connect but overall I actually get on the game and am able to play.

nothing from them on this? i am beyond frustrated now. last night i got the logo screen freeze for the 10th or so time. after a reboot didn't solve it i deleted the reserve....again. but this time when it starts i get a corrupted save message. myplayer is gone, and i can't find any way to bring him back. what the heck 2k?!?!?! and what about the little bit of money i spent on vc? is it gone, or can i at least get the vc back for my new character? not that it matters, i can't start another player while this problem remains unaddressed.

31. Once again, my game is back to this. I've already had to re-install this game FOUR TIMES.

This is beyond unacceptable. It STUNS ME that you guys at 2k still can't explain this or at least make it up to your customers for your game being literally unplayable.

i am blown away that they aren't making any statements about this. a 6 month old game is unplayable. whatever 2k, if thats how you intend to run your company then good luck with that. doesn't seem like a sustainable business model.

Quote Originally Posted by danthechan View Post
    i am blown away that they aren't making any statements about this. a 6 month old game is unplayable. whatever 2k, if thats how you intend to run your company then good luck with that. doesn't seem like a sustainable business model.
    Yeah why don't more of us feel this way. We need to make noise. I've been sending tickets to them about connections issues, losing rep, playing same team online, loading times, gameplay glitches or bad calls. Game is crazy broken!

guys loading screen bug is lame yes but the fix is just wait around 5-10min and you'll get in, this happens almost every day because they keep giving out hotfixes.

seriously just wait it out, go make a coffee and you'll be good to go, dont need to reinstall or delete cache... just wait it out. again i repeat, takes about 5-10min

lol, ok ive done my fair share of waiting 5-10 minutes. I do know that waiting does work for my one friend I will give you that (he says its usually around 8 minutes when it loads). However for me and numerous other people simply sitting there and waiting doesn't work. I know from experience because before I knew about clearing reserve I had no choice but to wait and after hours of staring at logos I would give up and just play another game. If people reading this simply haven't tried waiting, give it a try but when 30 - 40 minutes pass, you gotta start to think that its not gonna work hence the reason for this thread in the first place.

This may have been fixed by the latest patch. Can we get confirmation on both consoles?
    YOU for the CYBER SERIES!
    Vote to decide who is the best male WWE Superstar on the roster today!
    Currently voting: Semi-Final Matches

i can tell you as of now, i just got home from work and tried hoping on the game. I immediately got past the logo screen as expected however, now ive been sitting on the black and white paul george screen that says NBA 2k17 which comes after the logo screen and after the intro cinematic. i have to say at this point it seems as if 2k just pushed the issue further down the line , yes i did get past the logo screen , however i would hardly call if it a fix if now i have to wait at this black and white paul george screen for 10 plus minutes (its already been around 15 minutes im waiting this out to see if it is ever gonna work or if im gonna have to clear reserve). but honestly this is a joke if all the patch did was Mask the problem thinking that if the players have to wait on the Paul George screen that were gonna stop complaining because now we can the basketball in the lower right corner indicating that the game hasnt froze. any one else having this problem or is it just me?\
    Last edited by MostWantedi3; 01-31-2017 at 08:02 PM.

1st try was pretty promising on the xbone, although i didn't have time to play any games. i could NOT get past the logo screen under any circumstances, even with reserve deleted. i uninstalled and was forced to create a new myplayer in order to proceed to the game. once i completed that immediatly i was prompted to go to main menu for an update. after that voila, my game worked AND my original myplayer was restored.

It is now worse!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 2K WHAT ARE YOU DOING????????????????????????????? XBOX!!!!!!

Yup, the team logo freeze is back and not by popular demand.

There were 2 updates. The first one seemed to have fixed the issue, and the second update brought the issue back.

These people have no shame.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast