Thread: No video!

No video!

Bought Sid Meier's : Beyond Earth a month ago. I go to start it up and I hear all the sounds perfectly but I get no video. My monitor says "Out of Range". I played with the resolution on my monitor and I got it to work but at a ridiculous low resolution that reminds me of the 1980's. I have a GTX 1060 graphics card. I am not very tech. savvy on tweaking game parameters and stuff like that. Anyone out there please help?
    Last edited by Raverconvict; 01-06-2017 at 12:55 AM. Reason: Additional info. in title field

Easiest way to try first is, is to delete the Beyond Earth folder from My Documents/My Games and then launch the game again.
    “If you are involved in a game, everything ends up being a set of trade-offs. Anything in a game is a sacrifice of things not in the game.” --Gabe Newell

Playing Firaxis games and helping out in the Official 2K Forums!
    My Blog: donald23.nl
    Steam profile: donald23

O.k. I did that and launched. Still the same problem.

What the error means is that somehow Beyond Earth recieves a resolution as best from your computer that does not actually fit on your monitor.

One other thing that could be happening is that you have a monitor with less 768 in height.
    “If you are involved in a game, everything ends up being a set of trade-offs. Anything in a game is a sacrifice of things not in the game.” --Gabe Newell

Playing Firaxis games and helping out in the Official 2K Forums!
    My Blog: donald23.nl
    Steam profile: donald23

Well, I have an ASUS monitor model#VN248H. Sometimes it will run the intro. of the game and then when I click it to skip it goes to "Out of range". I don't know...guess I will keep doing "research"....Thank you for your help.

Make sure you are connecting your monitor to the VIDEO CARD output, and not the one from your computers' motherboard.
    -- Sean ... SteamID: GM Pax
    CPU AMD FX-8350 (8x4.00GHz); GPU NVidia GTX 970 (4GB) by EVGA; RAM 16GB DDR3-1600;
    System Drive Intel 520 SSD (240GB); Data Drive WD Green (3TB); Sound ASUS Xonar DSX.