Thread: Extreme Frame Drops - GTX 1060

Extreme Frame Drops - GTX 1060

Used to get extreme frame drops every 2 seconds... now it isn't that often and mostly on busy streets with lots of people and cars. It is still pretty bad when it happens though. The game almost freezes for a second.

There's one more thing that annoys me even more. When going around corners in a car the camera sort of stutters really bad.
    Any fix for any of these problems ?

I play with everything maxed out at 1440p and I manage to get stable fps 90% of the time.
    I'm pretty sure my PC isn't at fault here.
    Last edited by mini_cooper4; 1 Week Ago at 09:41 PM.

Forgot to update this thread.

1. Disabling Vsync in game and enabling it though the Nvidia Control Panel(Nvidia users only) at half refresh rate fixes screen tear, judder and stuttering. Yes, you only get to play at 30fps but it's constant and much better than the juddery 35-45fps I was getting before.

2. I set everything on High except the Anti Aliasing. Leave that on Low if you want to remove 90% of the blur.
    Medium and High make the WHOLE image EXTREMELY blurry.

3. It's up to you how you'll set the Volumetric Effects. Play with it and see which one makes the lighting more to your taste.

4. In NVCP set Maximum Pre-Rendered Frames to 2 for more fluid gameplay with little to no input lag.
    While you are there set the display to Single Monitor Performance Mode.

Conclusion:

With these settings I get a pretty clear image without resorting to re-shades.
    Constant 30fps without judder, stutters, frame drops, input lag and little to no screen tearing.

Overall the world looks nice during days and pretty amazing during nights.
    When the sun sets and you are in the right place and happen to be looking from the right angle the game is extremely beautiful and realistic at times.
    A great looking game is hiding underneath all this blur.
    I never knew what I was missing before I set AA to Low. Unfortunately you can't do that on consoles but trust me the difference is indeed night and day.

*I play at 1440p on High settings.

Quote Originally Posted by mini_cooper4 View Post
    Forgot to update this thread.

1. Disabling Vsync in game and enabling it though the Nvidia Control Panel(Nvidia users only) at half refresh rate fixes screen tear, judder and stuttering. Yes, you only get to play at 30fps but it's constant and much better than the juddery 35-45fps I was getting before.

2. I set everything on High except the Anti Aliasing. Leave that on Low if you want to remove 90% of the blur.
    Medium and High make the WHOLE image EXTREMELY blurry.

3. It's up to you how you'll set the Volumetric Effects. Play with it and see which one makes the lighting more to your taste.

4. In NVCP set Maximum Pre-Rendered Frames to 2 for more fluid gameplay with little to no input lag.
    While you are there set the display to Single Monitor Performance Mode.

Conclusion:

With these settings I get a pretty clear image without resorting to re-shades.
    Constant 30fps without judder, stutters, frame drops, input lag and little to no screen tearing.

Overall the world looks nice during days and pretty amazing during nights.
    When the sun sets and you are in the right place and happen to be looking from the right angle the game is extremely beautiful and realistic at times.
    A great looking game is hiding underneath all this blur.
    I never knew what I was missing before I set AA to Low. Unfortunately you can't do that on consoles but trust me the difference is indeed night and day.

*I play at 1440p on High settings.
    I personally set the vsync to "fast" that seems to work well for me.
    "You can get much farther with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone." -Al Capone

Quote Originally Posted by Al_Capone View Post
    I personally set the vsync to "fast" that seems to work well for me.
    Fast sync is great if your fps is higher than your monitor's refresh rate.
    It is a smarter version of regular vsync that doesn't queue frames like crazy.
    It is however not as effective below your monitor's refresh rate.
    It does completely eliminate tearing and has less input lag than regular Vsync but it won't eliminate stutter and judder and is quite heavy on the GPU.
    Half refresh gives you smooth gameplay at the cost of some slight tearing.
    If playing games around 40-50fps or above refresh rate is the requirement than fast sync is quite alright.
    Last edited by mini_cooper4; 3 Days Ago at 04:22 AM.