Thread: Backwards Compatibility

Backwards Compatibility

2k please make this game backwards compatible for the Xbox One! CivRev was teased in the backwards compatibility trailer and that was the reason I finally switched over to Xbox One! The same as many other people. Super fun game and it would be amazing to have back

Backwards compatibility for Civilization Revolution

Quote Originally Posted by Freshwater Clam View Post
    2k please make this game backwards compatible for the Xbox One! CivRev was teased in the backwards compatibility trailer and that was the reason I finally switched over to Xbox One! The same as many other people. Super fun game and it would be amazing to have back
    Yes, this is the sole reason why I am here. We need this or a new civilization game on the Xbox one desperately. Please, Please, Please!

Will buy an Xbox one tomorrow if I could get Civ on it, more pleases!

Finally! Civ Rev Backwards Compatibility Day! Rejoice! :-)

Unless I am sadly mistaken, my XB1 is currently downloading the freshly BC'd Civ Rev! We've talked about it for years, and now finally here!

Huzzah!

Now... how do I play this again? Power armor requires fusion cores, right?
    Last edited by Zeokage; 04-05-2017 at 12:27 PM. Reason: Multiple posts, please use the Edit option.

It has happened finally. Civ Rev is now backwards compatible. One slight problem, I am not seeing the DLC that I purchased on my 360 on the backwards compatible version.
    Is there a way to get that to transfer?

whew, we thought it was never going to happen. now i can clear out my 360 gear. i am really kicking myself for not grabbing it when it was free a couple years back. now i've got to switch disks every time i get the civ bug, instead of just hitting a button.

Took it out for a spin on the XBox One today - pretty much the same Hardly any players, glitches seem to be unaffected unfortunately. Let's hope we get some new blood. I was pretty much done with Civ Rev. Willing to give it another shot though.

Had to pay for it btw. About 9 bucks. It's still the best bargain ever for me. Never owned any other game that I got that much playing time out of.

seemed a little more active to me. i was able to get 2 ffa games going with less than a minute waiting, at around 11:30 pm est. the reason i knew of bc was a new player who had dl'd for free a few years ago, and gave it another try on his one.
    at least the cheaters seem to be a little more rare, although i did barb steal the other day for the 1st time ever.
    he was mongols and i was planning on taking his city from his wounded warrior, but he got vet and i button mashed.
    edit: it is $8 in the store here. i am seriously thinking it will be worthwhile, just to save me from having to shuffle the disk into whichever one i'm playing on.

Hi All,
    I use to play this game back on 360 and downloaded the bc last night. I never played multiplayer before, just some single player games. I'd be interested in playing with people going forward if anyone is ok with someone newer to the game. My Xbox GT is Esbenshade
    Please feel free to msg me on Xbox live or here. I'd be happy to play vs people but would probably want to start out with some games vs cpu until I re-familiarize myself with the mechanics. I hope to hear from some of you soon.

Allow me to add my plaudits to XB Admin at last enabling bc for CivRev on xb1
    As a result I've noticed an increase in CvRv activity on Twitch and Beam, albeit with a below par standard of gameplay compared to Duke/G'son's YT vids, but impressive for a gm aged 10+ years nonetheless
    Be interested to know whether any senior members are planning on broadcasting some of their tourney matches in the months to come (?)

Does it cost to use twitch and beam?

Quote Originally Posted by japyaknees View Post
    Does it cost to use twitch and beam?
    Not to the best of my knowledge. The apps usually skim a slice of a channel's paid subscription receipts, possibly any sponsorship deals as well

A core of Civ V Twitch streamers have amassed a respectable number of subscribers, despite games sometimes crashing after several hours of inaction just as conflict is looming, so I'm positive condensed versions of Civ will be equally lapped up

With a few tweaks to privacy settings xb1 users can just snap the app to start broadcasting CR. Hope to figure that out myself and begin streaming my inept gameplay in the next week or so

I am thinking about broadcasting some of my games. Already had some fun comeback wins against decent competition.

Quote Originally Posted by REM018 View Post
    I am thinking about broadcasting some of my games. Already had some fun comeback wins against decent competition.
    Marvellous, but watch out for stream-snipers!

Thank you 2k for finally getting this backwards compatibility done. Had to shuffle this into my daily routine of games. Had this on disk on my 360 until that disk drive went bad. Bought the digital version when it was on sale about a year ago, in hopes that it would eventually become backwards compatible. Glad that I get to play that game again.

Now I just need Gotham City Impostors and some Command & Conquer games to become BC and I can finally dump that 360.

Anyone know if civ rev is allowed to stream or capture with dvr? I keep getting error saying game isn't available to stream.

Anyone know if civ rev is allowed to stream or capture with dvr? I keep getting error saying game isn't available to stream.
    The game is not available for streaming or DVR as of right now. It's on Xbox's end; I'm able to stream my other backwards compatible games fine with Twitch and use DVR functions.

Quote Originally Posted by ArchGhost151 View Post
    The game is not available for streaming or DVR as of right now. It's on Xbox's end; I'm able to stream my other backwards compatible games fine with Twitch and use DVR functions.
    I don't have time to test this out until next week but there are a few YT videos outlining how to bypass the error message e.g on Twitch and steam CivRev content on xb1

It appears to be linked to disengaging xb1 from your Twitch account (best using the pc version of Twitch to access the wider settings) and then linking your xb1 with the Twitch app on xb1

Put it this way, I've seen some gamers , e.g AceCourage on Twitch, snap the broadcast function on xb1 to stream CivRev (check the Past Broadcasts tab in Tw for vids), so i think [read: hope] it's possible

Quote Originally Posted by ArchGhost151 View Post

Worryingly, it appears you're correct (has there been an official statement from 2k/xb/twitch?)

BC 360 gms such as Team Fortress 2 are good to stream on both Twitch + Beam on xb1 but no such luck with CivRev

Had a brief stab at following advice in some YT videos about overcoming Twitch error codes, uncoupling from xb on Twitch and then reinstalling the app on xb1, but to no avail.

Shame, but guess we must be thankful for recent developments

discovered one advantage to playing on the xbone. when the inevitable cheater rears his ugly head (rarer these days) and you report him to xbox they actually give the option to attach a comment. not that it will help, but its nice to call them out for their dirty deeds.

Quote Originally Posted by danthechan View Post
    discovered one advantage to playing on the xbone. when the inevitable cheater rears his ugly head (rarer these days) and you report him to xbox they actually give the option to attach a comment. not that it will help, but its nice to call them out for their dirty deeds.
    I hope one particular h2h lobby jammer heeds those comments! Can't remember who was referenced in ep of Revcast but the tip about using the mute function to avoid certain 'players' is invaluable

I haven't had any problems getting games. If I can't get a head to head game in a couple minutes, I usually try free-for-all and am able to get a game in a few minutes.
    Also, add me for private matches. xbox gamertag: walshytomitall

Quote Originally Posted by danthechan View Post
    seemed a little more active to me.
    It's been quite active, especially in player matches for Teams. I figured it must have been enabled for XBOne & wala, it was on April 4th, 2017! Awesome job Firaxis!

There has definitely been a massive spike in Civ Rev interest. I saw a surge of interest in my youtube videos, so I decided to stop work on other projects and focus on producing videos for Civ Rev. Regarding streaming via Twitch, here's how I do it and it works great. I still use an xbox 360 hooked up to a Hauppauge HD PVR. (If you want to buy one, you probably want the new version that supports HDMI connectors) You have to run component cables to the hauppauge, which splits it to USB out to your computer and component out to your TV/monitor. I actually convert the component cables into HDMI using a converter, and then run it to my second computer monitor. Then I use OBS to stream via Twitch. I pull in the video as a Video Capture Device that my computer recognizes. On my first monitor I monitor OBS on the left and my Twitch stream/chat on the right.

It would be great to see Civ Rev grow a bit on Twitch. It's an amazing game that deserves bigger viewership. This setup has worked very well, both for streaming on Twitch and recording videos for YouTube. If there's a lot of interest, I'd be happy to make a video showing my setup.
    Last edited by Maelfyn; 05-13-2017 at 10:40 AM.

How much money does a set up like that cost?

I can stream to Twitch using AverMedia Live Gamer Portable. It was like $99. Works like a charm & super simple. Don't need a great PC either. I use it with my Microsoft Surface Pro (the original). In fact, I've even used my Surface Pro as the actual screen (no lookaside screen), although that's not recommended as it adds like 300ms lag, it's manageable on CivRev except you are guaranteed to lose any button races. You can add audio later too easily or livestream to Twitch (what I usually do as it's simpler but your mishaps are out there).

best regards...

If you already have a solid gaming desktop with a dual monitor you just need a hauppauge 1 for xbox 360 or a hauppauge 2 for xbone. It's roughly $150 or so. If you want to get webcams, microphones and all of that, that's probably an extra $100-150 for quality gear.