Thread: Loading times?

Loading times?

Just wondering if anyone else is experiencing the same extremely long loading times? Don't think it's my service, but maybe the amount of 2k stuff on here. But for the love of living creators...Fix your loading speeds!
    Last edited by MrJonestha3rd; 01-25-2017 at 08:15 PM.

I ate a Whooper combo while watching Paul George. I have to click on My Gear about 3 different time for all of my outfits to load, same for the shoes. It wasn't like that before, so it's probably from all the extra stuff (mostly unnecessary IMO) they added.

I've also been getting some stupid long loading times. Wasn't that bad at the start.

I'm not sure why it started but about a month ago, my game went from loading quickly to get from a game back to my court to, always loading back and getting stuck at 93% loading into my court for like 5 minutes everytime. itll load all the way up to 93% normally then ill be sitting there staring at the 93% until the game decides it wants to load past,as you can imagine this becomes very annoying when I'm doing a few practices because ill be in the practice for 2 minutes and Itll take close to 6 or 7 minutes just to get back to my court. its weird because at the beginning of the year I didn't have this problem, 2k gotta get their stuff together between having to clear data and watch the credits every single time I wanna just get on the game, to just waiting for the game to load back into my court, I spend way more time loading up the game then I actually do playing its sad.

Quote Originally Posted by MostWantedi3 View Post
    I'm not sure why it started but about a month ago, my game went from loading quickly to get from a game back to my court to, always loading back and getting stuck at 93% loading into my court for like 5 minutes everytime. itll load all the way up to 93% normally then ill be sitting there staring at the 93% until the game decides it wants to load past,as you can imagine this becomes very annoying when I'm doing a few practices because ill be in the practice for 2 minutes and Itll take close to 6 or 7 minutes just to get back to my court. its weird because at the beginning of the year I didn't have this problem, 2k gotta get their stuff together between having to clear data and watch the credits every single time I wanna just get on the game, to just waiting for the game to load back into my court, I spend way more time loading up the game then I actually do playing its sad.
    Yes...from 93 to 96% is just ridiculous! Glad it's not just me.

Quote Originally Posted by MrJonestha3rd View Post
    Yes...from 93 to 96% is just ridiculous! Glad it's not just me.
    I have a very simular problem. I have had to quit out a couple of times cos it goes past 10 minutes. So now we know it's 2K that are messing with the game in a bad way. They need to make some adjustments to their staff I would say.

Me and my group of friends are. Started happening December 23rd, 2016. I've had a request open with 2k Support since Dec 26th.

They refuse to admit it is something that is on their end (whether it be network, bad code, etc) and instead have had me jump through hoops with my ISP to show traffic from my ip was not on any blacklist, running tracerts to their servers, endless network troubleshooting is all they throw at me.

This issue has nothing to do with network, from our end at least.

They even told me it was bc my characters had too many tattoos (I don't have one tattoo) or items bought in the store that was the reason for the long load time into MyCourt. I don't have anything except for what I got with the Gold Edition, bunch of Kobe shoes, and a couple things I bought before the first Park After Dark event with Snoop. Loading time was always at most 30-40 seconds before Dec 23rd.

Messed up thing is that day I started a new guy, and now trying to get points to level him through practice is a HUGE time vampire.

Quote Originally Posted by AuzzieAustin View Post
    I have a very simular problem. I have had to quit out a couple of times cos it goes past 10 minutes. So now we know it's 2K that are messing with the game in a bad way. They need to make some adjustments to their staff I would say.
    yea man that happens for me from time to time, it usually happens when I'm loading from a pro am walk back to my court. the part that is frustrating is that I usually have to wait the normal 3-4 minutes to get past 93 % so by the time I realize I need to reset its been 10 minutes. and then I still have to reload and wait that 3-4 minutes to get past 93% just to get into my court. Which means when that happens I'm usually out a good 20 minutes.

yea man that happens for me from time to time, it usually happens when I'm loading from a pro am walk back to my court. the part that is frustrating is that I usually have to wait the normal 3-4 minutes to get past 93 % so by the time I realize I need to reset its been 10 minutes. and then I still have to reload and wait that 3-4 minutes to get past 93% just to get into my court. Which means when that happens I'm usually out a good 20 minutes.
    Exactly the same thing is happening to me. Can 2k listen to the paying customers and tell us they are fixing it. Not telling us to clear our cashe or reset our systems! It's not how I would run a company.... just saying...

Finally found a post describing the same thing. I have lived with it up until today. I put a tech ticket it and searched for someone who might be experiencing the same thing. I can deal with some of the faults in the game when I can actually play it, but these 3-6 minute waits from 93% to 96% make it beyond bearable. I swapped from an old school XBox One to a One S right around the time when the issue started, so I pegged it on the hardware.

It happens when only loading into My Court, either from loading 2K fresh or after practice, game, or cutscene. Can't be that difficult to pin down. Is there another thread started detailing this that I missed? Sorry if I bumped a 2 week old post for nothing if a newer one exists. Anyone point me to it if it's out there? Be nice to know if it's only XB1 related or happens across all platforms, and if everyone waits the same amount of time. (I've run a stopwatch on mine and it's mostly in the 3.5 min range, sometimes longer)

Just a suggestion that would keep them from refuting that it's their problem?

Record a YT video showing your console, gamer tag, and a large enough stopwatch visible the whole time? If they want to accuse us all of chopping stopwatch time in a video just for kicks...well that's on them.

I usually just to humor myself pull out my phone and bring up the timer (especially when my friends are waiting for me to join them in park or in pro am since I have to get to my court before I can get to those game modes with the exception of the 10% of the time it gives me the option to straight to park). I don't feel the need to make a youtube video only because I see plenty of other people have said they are experiencing the same thing. No need to lie about what is happening when ultimately at the end of the day all I want to be able to do is play the game that I paid for.

I've notice the PS version loads really slow and switches from my gym to team gym and back really slow.

The PC version, however, is quite fast.

Quote Originally Posted by StyxTx View Post
    I've notice the PS version loads really slow and switches from my gym to team gym and back really slow.

The PC version, however, is quite fast.
    4 minutes & 10 seconds from the gym loading screen to McCourt! Disgusting stuff....never seen it this bad in other games.

Quote Originally Posted by MrJonestha3rd View Post
    4 minutes & 10 seconds from the gym loading screen to McCourt! Disgusting stuff....never seen it this bad in other games.

This is what I'm getting from 2K after 3 or 4 replies back and forth...too many people getting this for it to be random. Also, it ONLY happens going back to My Court, nothing else. I have a feeling this isn't going to end very well for me.

Quote Originally Posted by support
    Guillaume L., Feb 22, 1:27 AM EST:
    Hello again Mark!

Thank you for contacting 2K Support!

I'm sorry to hear that this situation is still on-going. It's possible that the situation may be caused by communication issue between your Xbox One and our servers.

Please refer to the connection troubleshooting guide we've put together by following this link. It includes platform specific information for network testing, as well as instructions on how to change your NAT type and open the correct ports to allow you to connect to our servers.

Please make sure to go through the network guide completely, and let us know if you have any questions along the way.

We'd also like to look into this; however we'll first need some screen captures from a PC connected directly to your Broadband Internet modem. We'll need screen captures of the results of the tests ran on the following websites and command:

www.speedtest.net
    www.whatsmyip.org
    ipconfig (Windows + R > type "cmd" without quotes > hit "OK" > type "ipconfig" without quotes > press ENTER )
    ping test (Windows + R > type "cmd" without quotes > hit "OK" > type "ping -n 20 www.nba2k.com" without quotes > press ENTER and let it run)
    Here's a Link on how to take screen captures for your operating systems/devices.

If you have any other questions or concerns related to 2K titles, don’t hesitate to contact us again; we’re happy to assist you further!

Kind regards,

Guillaume L.
    2K Support

PS is slower than PC on everything, but it shouldn't be THAT slow.

PS4 pro isn't any faster than PS4, though it was advertised to be faster than the PS4.

I'm at 20 minute wait times between training and games in mycareer. I'm not playing it at all now. Takes way to bloody long. I've now sent 2 tickets on this.

Stop ignoring us 2k!!! FIX YA GAME!!!!

I've only recently noticed that it will randomly take a long time to load MyCareer. Sometimes it gets stuck on 93% and after a few minutes the loading ball completely disappears and will not load. Other times I get the "update required" nonsense.

EDIT: Just loaded MyCareer and got the Update required message. Laughable!

Can't load MyCareer at all today. The little ball in the lower right corner that shows how many percent loaded, completely disappears and the game just sits at the loading screen.

I found out that to solve the problem above I have to delete the reserve space again.

Deleting reserved space can corrupt you save file.

I like many of you guys am one of the people who gets stuck at 93% for close to 5 minutes everytime I load into my court. in the past when my friends hop on we all meet up at my personal home court and join matches from there. This weekend I decided to join my friends court(friends who don't get stuck at 93%) and load from there into what ever game mode we chose, and to my astonishment, I loaded into their court within 30 seconds and over the past few nights its been working great loading into my friends court its saving a lot of time for me. This obviously doesn't help you if you are trying to play your own career because I still get stuck at the 93 loading into mine. This is just a tip for those who are having the problem and play with friends online, just join their court instead of yours to cut out the 93% nonsense. which is crazy that my game takes this long to load into my career even though it only takes 20 seconds to load fully into someone else court (sorry just thinking about all the time ive wasted watching the game load from 93% to 96%)

This is a huge factor in killing the excitement of the game...sitting and waiting, sitting and waiting after practices, games, park, pro am! We're talking 4+ minutes every time....ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTING!

Quote Originally Posted by AuzzieAustin View Post
    Deleting reserved space can corrupt you save file.
    No it won't, as long as you don't cancel the "downloading data from 2k server" when you re-load the game.