Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: WWE 2K17 - Patch 1.06 PS4/XB1 Notes

Quote Originally Posted by AnubisNYC View Post
    That's the WCW Saturday Night Arena I made. It's available to download on XBOX ONE... anubisrak
    what's # .... i tried Anubisrak. nothing came up

Quote Originally Posted by BloodyBrit View Post
    what's # .... i tried Anubisrak. nothing came up
    Strange, try searching anubisnyc or WCW Saturday Night in the arena search.
    "Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women."

Hey all the signiture & finisher moves commentary isn't working they don't say anything fix it

Quote Originally Posted by Wrestlemania Red Arrow View Post
    Hey all the signature & finisher moves commentary isn't working they don't say anything fix it
    It ain't getting fixed any time soon.

The game is officially dead.

Quote Originally Posted by EnjoiIsGood View Post
    It ain't getting fixed any time soon.

The game is officially dead.
    If patch 1.06 doesn't fix it consider that bug as a new "feature". The fact 2KDev never addressed the game breaking entrance glitch and post match glitch says a lot about how the company feels about our gripes. Even if they couldn't release a patch due to a contractual obligation or time constraint they should at least make a forum post or Tweet letting us know why it cannot be fixed.

2K, you guys need to play your own games in-depth before release or let forum users who push the game to its limits test a beta version. Gamers like us experience far more bugs than gamers who buy the WWE 2K games and only play the game using the current roster and do not utilize the creation studio much. Test your games so they compliment the imagination and creative force of gamers like us without putting up roadblocks and restrictions.

I seriously doubt 2K18 will sell just because it's a new WWE game as we will be watching the development of this game more closely than any prior release. The sentiment in the forum seems to be that 2K17 was enjoyed but certain bugs and restrictions that were never addressed left a bad taste in our mouths and overshadowed a lot of the things we enjoyed about it. I believe gamers young and old are much smarter these days especially when it comes to where they want to invest their money.

The media and advertisers do their best to force us to believe we need to have the the latest games. That's marketing and advertising trying to get you to spend your money. If 2K18 doesn't show enough promise or is lacking something don't feel obligated to buy it. The price will eventually drop so even if you want to buy 2K18 we can wait for the price drop or a free play trial.
    "Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women."

Tried playing this game this morning and guess what? Filled with bugs still. We're in April now, this is unacceptable. Whats worse is that these glitches are the same glitches that have been around for years in these games. I really don't want to be too critical but I should be able to play a game and actually enjoy it, not get frustrated by it. Its almost as if 2K don't care because they have no rival company to compete with so if consumers want a WWE game, we have no choice but to purchase theirs.

If 2K can't handle making these games, they should give the license to another company that can.

Quote Originally Posted by WWEBaby View Post
    Tried playing this game this morning and guess what? Filled with bugs still. We're in April now, this is unacceptable. Whats worse is that these glitches are the same glitches that have been around for years in these games. I really don't want to be too critical but I should be able to play a game and actually enjoy it, not get frustrated by it. Its almost as if 2K don't care because they have no rival company to compete with so if consumers want a WWE game, we have no choice but to purchase theirs.

If 2K can't handle making these games, they should give the license to another company that can.
    I understand your gripes, what's frustrating is that 2K has all the tools to create a near perfect wrestling game. They come close, but the moment you venture deep creatively restrictions, bugs, and game-breaking glitches become a common encounter.

These ongoing negative occurrences take a major toll on the overall experience and a great game becomes nearly unplayable. The entrance freeze glitch and post match freeze glitch among others not being addressed or acknowledged clearly indicates the game is not tested beyond the basics. I believe that is the reason 2K started implementing attire combination restrictions - instead of giving us the freedom they put unnecessary limitations on how we can play and enjoy the game. Putting restrictions in a game is a great way to get people to not buy video games. The days of having to own the hot must have item on release are dying, people rich or poor don't want to invest their money in games that are not living up to feasible expectations. There will always be a price drop, so during production if 2K18 shows signs of little or no progress I'm out - I'll be done with this series.

Did they leave the bugs in the game to strong arm us into buying 2K18? I downloaded unmasked Vader and playable DiBiase and I'm curious if 2K hates workarounds to their dumb restrictions so much that the entrance bug was coded into the game to punish gamers who like using unmasked superstars and playable managers.

I understand your gripes, what's frustrating is that 2K has all the tools to create a near perfect wrestling game. They come close, but the moment you venture deep creatively restrictions, bugs, and game-breaking glitches become a common encounter.

These ongoing negative occurrences take a major toll on the overall experience and a great game becomes nearly unplayable. The entrance freeze glitch and post match freeze glitch among others not being addressed or acknowledged clearly indicates the game is not tested beyond the basics. I believe that is the reason 2K started implementing attire combination restrictions - instead of giving us the freedom they put unnecessary limitations on how we can play and enjoy the game. Putting restrictions in a game is a great way to get people to not buy video games. The days of having to own the hot must have item on release are dying, people rich or poor don't want to invest their money in games that are not living up to feasible expectations. There will always be a price drop, so during production if 2K18 shows signs of little or no progress I'm out - I'll be done with this series.

Did they leave the bugs in the game to strong arm us into buying 2K18? I downloaded unmasked Vader and playable DiBiase and I'm curious if 2K hates workarounds to their dumb restrictions so much that the entrance bug was coded into the game to punish gamers who like using unmasked superstars and playable managers.
    you may be on to something as far as the freezing entrances is concerned i don't have those issues and maybe its because i didn't
    use that workaround to unmask or remove facepaint or making managers playable nor did i download them from cc

And what is if this dumb restrictions comes directly from WWE and 2K can't do anything about it?
    Sorry for my english, i'm from switzerland.

Quote Originally Posted by Wurst View Post
    And what is if this dumb restrictions comes directly from WWE and 2K can't do anything about it?
    If WWE has 2K's hands tied they should be vocal about it. The media, advertisers, and marketing all think we're lemmings and expect us to want to buy all the new "hot" items on release. They'll hire one of the Kardashian's to hold a product just to convince ppl to buy it. That's why big corporations all have social media accounts to seem trendy believing it will make it seem like they're just one of us. No one deserves your hard earned money just because. Hype is created to get your money. We could blame WWE and 2K for the bugs and restrictions patch 1.06 didn't fix. We don't have all of the details so we can only speculate but something definitley stinks on their end.

What will it take for 2K and WWE to realize we don't want restrictions? I understand contracts and trademarks but implementing restrictions just to get a few extra bucks comes at the expense of an entire generation of people waking up and refusing to be just civilian sucker consumer. We know what 2K is capable of they really need to capitalize on their strengths and most important of all what we want by utilizing the forum. What we want is all here on the boards.

2K17 could have a been great. For anyone not experiencing the entrance freeze glitch or post match freeze glitch I'm assuming you haven't utilized the creation studio much or do not use custom wrestlers or alt attire wrestlers that use a lot of logos and custom logos.

If WWE has 2K's hands tied they should be vocal about it. The media, advertisers, and marketing all think we're lemmings and expect us to want to buy all the new "hot" items on release. They'll hire one of the Kardashian's to hold a product just to convince ppl to buy it. That's why big corporations all have social media accounts to seem trendy believing it will make it seem like they're just one of us. No one deserves your hard earned money just because. Hype is created to get your money. We could blame WWE and 2K for the bugs and restrictions patch 1.06 didn't fix. We don't have all of the details so we can only speculate but something definitley stinks on their end.

What will it take for 2K and WWE to realize we don't want restrictions? I understand contracts and trademarks but implementing restrictions just to get a few extra bucks comes at the expense of an entire generation of people waking up and refusing to be just civilian sucker consumer. We know what 2K is capable of they really need to capitalize on their strengths and most important of all what we want by utilizing the forum. What we want is all here on the boards.

2K17 could have a been great. For anyone not experiencing the entrance freeze glitch or post match freeze glitch I'm assuming you haven't utilized the creation studio much or do not use custom wrestlers or alt attire wrestlers that use a lot of logos and custom logos.
    i use the creation studio use caws and edited attires although i don't think i use a lot of logos 3 or 4 logos max for each
    my entrances and victory don't freeze but i think that the restrictions you talked about like unmasking wrestlers is donne per wwe's request
    because steve borden isn't a wwe employee sting is yes we all know who the man behind the facepaint is but as far as wwe is concerned
    steve borden doesn't exist only sting existes and thats the character they allowed in the game to represent their company

Quote Originally Posted by elric6 View Post
    i use the creation studio use caws and edited attires although i don't think i use a lot of logos 3 or 4 logos max for each
    my entrances and victory don't freeze but i think that the restrictions you talked about like unmasking wrestlers is donne per wwe's request
    because steve borden isn't a wwe employee sting is yes we all know who the man behind the facepaint is but as far as wwe is concerned
    steve borden doesn't exist only sting existes and thats the character they allowed in the game to represent their company
    I'm on XBOX One S, but I believe the entrance freeze bug occurs with PS4 users as well. If you want try using more custom logos or download unmasked wrestlers off of the network. After that over the course of a week play universe and if you experience the entrance freeze let us know. Regardless, these are questions a developer can answer. Speaking of developers where are they? They should be on the boards not just Twitter. Seriously, 2KVore or another 2K employee should look at the boards from time to time, take notice of gamers that are having recurring issues, and set the record straight. It's not like they're developing hundreds of games they have a handful of games in production they can hire at least one person to be on the forums to keep us in the know.

I'm on XBOX One S, but I believe the entrance freeze bug occurs with PS4 users as well. If you want try using more custom logos or download unmasked wrestlers off of the network. After that over the course of a week play universe and if you experience the entrance freeze let us know. Regardless, these are questions a developer can answer. Speaking of developers where are they? They should be on the boards not just Twitter. Seriously, 2KVore or another 2K employee should look at the boards from time to time, take notice of gamers that are having recurring issues, and set the record straight. It's not like they're developing hundreds of games they have a handful of games in production they can hire at least one person to be on the forums to keep us in the know.
    yeah they should have someone clarifying things here not just on twitter and explain things to us
    all we do is especulate on how something is the way it is if they talked to us at least we would know why

2K, you guys need to play your own games in-depth before release or let forum users who push the game to its limits test a beta version. Gamers like us experience far more bugs than gamers who buy the WWE 2K games and only play the game using the current roster and do not utilize the creation studio much. Test your games so they compliment the imagination and creative force of gamers like us without putting up roadblocks and restrictions.
    Amen.

Couldn't have said it better myself! *applause*
    2K Support: "Do a cache clear: this is a common solution to many issues that WWE 2K superstars experience."
    Me:
    "Ummmm... no, that doesn't do a bit of good."

[Eliminated a beeping sound that played during the match-up screen for matches featuring The Club ]

LIES! It still happens.

I really wish they would do what Rock Band is doing and release just ONE game and update it and release expansions periodically... it'd be so much better if they could just focus on ONE working product rather than releasing incomplete and/or broken products every year with only minor changes...

WWE 2K17 patch updates

Will we get another patch update just wondering if wwe 2k17 will get a 1. 08 patch update for xb1/ps4.

Quote Originally Posted by deanoreilly97 View Post
    Will we get another patch update just wondering if wwe 2k17 will get a 1. 08 patch update for xb1/ps4.
    1.08? we didn't even get a 1.07 patch
    i don't think we will

I tried to enjoy this game, but universe keeps freezing when using alt attires so I gave up on it despite paying $105 in total for this. It was certainly a waste.
    IT'S CLEAR 2K DOES NOT TEST THEIR GAMES BEFORE LAUNCH!

WWE 2K GLITCHTEEN!

Quote Originally Posted by deanoreilly97 View Post
    Will we get another patch update just wondering if wwe 2k17 will get a 1.08 patch update for xb1/ps4.
    More than likely, this 1.08 patch that you seem to be itching for will ultimately be titled: WWE 2K18.
    2K Support: "Do a cache clear: this is a common solution to many issues that WWE 2K superstars experience."
    Me:
    "Ummmm... no, that doesn't do a bit of good."

Quote Originally Posted by theblasterkid View Post
    I tried to enjoy this game, but universe keeps freezing when using alt attires so I gave up on it despite paying $105 in total for this. It was certainly a waste.
    Same, I messaged 2KVore last week about this just to get an idea of what is causing this major problem and he has not responded. So, what I suspect is that it's caused by two things one being that the game cannot handle more than a few custom logos on alt attires and custom superstars the other being custom superstars in general causing loading issues.

I made a custom superstar of the Big Show (an alt attire saved as a custom superstar) and renamed him The Giant. I only put Andre's singlet on him and dyed his hair and the game will freeze before his entrance. My created Great Muta will cause the game to freeze 50% of time the time and after The Great Muta won a championship the game freezes 100% time just before his entrance. I've cleared cache and that doesn't work resolving this problem in particular. This leaves a horrible impression on me. When I'm looking to relax at times I'll play a videogame and WWE 2K17 is usually my game of choice but I cannot even enjoy it outside of the creation studio because it's unstable.

Even if 2Kdev couldn't fix this problem due to time constraints or work contracts they could at least acknowledge it! They ignored it and we're supposed to trust them? I paid for the deluxe edition (I've done so since 2K15) and with the inevitable release of WWE 2K18 I feel like it's going to be the same thing all over again. Some good additions but overall more bugs and restrictions. Why do we keep buying these games if they could care less that 2K17 was left in a broken and unstable state? At this point I just want a response, some form of honor and courtesy to the consumers. What if no one bought 2K18 until a price drop? Or skipped 2K18 altogether? If our cries go unanswered why should we remain loyal to the developers?
    Last edited by AnubisNYC; 05-09-2017 at 08:01 PM.

Same, I messaged 2KVore last week about this just to get an idea of what is causing this major problem and he has not responded. So, what I suspect is that it's caused by two things one being that the game cannot handle more than a few custom logos on alt attires and custom superstars the other being custom superstars in general causing loading issues.

I made a custom superstar of the Big Show (an alt attire saved as a custom superstar) and renamed him The Giant. I only put Andre's singlet on him and died his hair and the game will freeze before his entrance. My created Great Muta will cause the game to freeze 50% of time the time and after The Great Muta won a championship the game freezes 100% time just before his entrance. I've cleared cache and that doesn't work resolving this problem in particular. This leaves a horrible impression on me. When I'm looking to relax at times I'll play a videogame and WWE 2K17 is usually my game of choice but I cannot even enjoy it outside of the creation studio because it's unstable.

Even if 2Kdev couldn't fix this problem due to time constraints or work contracts they could at least acknowledge it! They ignored it and we're supposed to trust them? I paid for the deluxe edition (I've done so since 2K15) and with the inevitable release of WWE 2K18 I feel like it's going to be the same thing all over again. Some good additions but overall more bugs and restrictions. Why do we keep buying these games if they could care less that 2K17 was left in a broken and unstable state? At this point I just want a response, some form of honor and courtesy to the consumers. What if no one bought 2K18 until a price drop? Or skipped 2K18 altogether? If our cries go unanswered why should we remain loyal to the developers?
    Same here. I brought the deluxe edition with all the add-ons by way of PSN so I couldn't get a refund. I wait until the prices are lowered and check out some reviews before buying 2K18. In addition, I'm only buying the disc copy as well. But hey, I'll skip if Universe Mode is the same exact thing with rivalry manager (it needs to go), 205 Live being another show with the cruiserweights added to Raw, four slots still added for titles, alt attires not working correctly plus clipping, etc. At this rate, I spent more time playing 2K14 than this. I waited months for them to fix this game before starting Universe and it's still a broken mess. Yukes is trash to me, and 2K isn't all that better as I stopped buying NBA 2K altogether. WWE 2K18 is show and prove time for me. If the game gets trashed by reviews, I'll never buy another WWE game by 2K/Yukes ever again.

WWE 2K GLITCHTEEN!

Quote Originally Posted by theblasterkid View Post
    Same here. I brought the deluxe edition with all the add-ons by way of PSN so I couldn't get a refund. I wait until the prices are lowered and check out some reviews before buying 2K18. In addition, I'm only buying the disc copy as well. But hey, I'll skip if Universe Mode is the same exact thing with rivalry manager (it needs to go), 205 Live being another show with the cruiserweights added to Raw, four slots still added for titles, alt attires not working correctly plus clipping, etc. At this rate, I spent more time playing 2K14 than this. I waited months for them to fix this game before starting Universe and it's still a broken mess. Yukes is trash to me, and 2K isn't all that better as I stopped buying NBA 2K altogether. WWE 2K18 is show and prove time for me. If the game gets trashed by reviews, I'll never buy another WWE game by 2K/Yukes ever again.
    WWE 2K17 was very close to being solid game despite certain restrictions but they screwed us by leaving bugs in the game, especially those of us who like to create and customize. I pre-ordered NBA 2K17 as well and barely play it. I guess my trust with 2K was intact last fall. BTW, they're already accepting 2K18 pre-orders trying to capitalize on NBA playoff fever. They haven't even released an ingame screenshot it's just pure greed! They're not trying to make the best wrestling game possible they're just trying to sell us a videogame, that's the most important thing to them - money.

after 2K17's data destroying bug not being fixed and the general lack of CS I will not be buying 2K18 or any future WWE game from 2K... I can't believe I actually MISS THQ...

Quote Originally Posted by Wafflerevolution View Post
    after 2K17's data destroying bug not being fixed and the general lack of CS I will not be buying 2K18 or any future WWE game from 2K... I can't believe I actually MISS THQ...
    Yep same way
    World Action Wrestling
    keyword in my fed, wrestling

Quote Originally Posted by Wafflerevolution View Post
    Me as well. I periodically check to see if there is a 1.07 update. But one of the reasons I bought the Ps4 was for 2k17 and I'm not happy with 2kGames effort

so, I decided to give 2K17 another chance but now I have a new set of bugs making the game unplayable..
    -can't chose on-disc roster at all.
    -can't edit move-sets without crashing to the dashboard
    -can't edit teams at all
    -the only team that shows up is a nonsense glitch team that goes on for the entire list of teams
    -can't set up universe without crashing to the dashboard

I am more convinced than ever that 2K has no business doing this series.

descriptions for moves directions still all say one direction, they have done since day 1, so we are to assume that almost every move is push left on the stick or d-pad and press the appropriate action button? on the PS4 that is it

Quote Originally Posted by GameOverAus View Post
    descriptions for moves directions still all say one direction, they have done since day 1, so we are to assume that almost every move is push left on the stick or d-pad and press the appropriate action button? on the PS4 that is it
    left does one move right does another and so on i'm on ps4 and i have the arrows for all directions
    Last edited by elric6; 06-02-2017 at 04:52 PM.

I hope they bring back using the d-pad for movement. I hate having to use the joystick for running moves and irish whips.

WWE 2K GLITCHTEEN!

And still no fix for myCareer Royal Rumble. Thanks 2K

This is the section for WWE 2K17, I'm presuming you're talking about the Rumble issue in 2K18?
    UNION Wrestling Season 2 OUTLAST THE ODDS this Sunday! (here)
    ReverseLegSweep: MyPlayer Misadventures NXT debut now up! (here)
    WWE 2K Wiki (here) 2K/YUKE'S Characters (here) WW-Eek Alt. WWE Universe (here)

Quote Originally Posted by Consuela View Post
    Apparently to 2k it's more important patching stuff that lets us have fun then patching game breaking glitches
    no one saying anything about commentators not calling the finishers

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011